Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

DarkRebellionXyzDragon-JP-Anime-AV.png

2 Level 4 monsters
You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; halve that monster's ATK, and if you do, this card gains that same amount of ATK.

Because targetting something with 3K makes it 4K. shoot me pls

Actually a really good card, to my surprise. I expected it to be simply a decent card/good EEV target, but it's actually great for taking down multiple boss monsters. Shrink once of them, grow bigger, destroy the other pressing one, have weaker monster poke the target for this. 

And the gain/drop is permanent, so it's a big beater even after that turn, though it is absolutely wonderful when you're making a push. After all, it's a "guaranteed" 2500 damage.

<cut opponent's Life Points in half, boost monster by same amount. Manawyddan fab Llyr you jerk.>

Now it has legs and is in the Extra Deck in the best rank.

Being a Rank 2 wasn't enough for this.

OT: With higher damage output than #101 and is still a pretty decent body if it's negated, I kinda expected this. Even when it goes off, it becomes an immediate threat than will force your opponent to aim things at it or die since 3500+ ATK (most of the time) hurts so much.

This card seems like something Vector would use; It just has that kind of atmosphere that reminds me of him and something like Black Mist.

It's a pretty good card that kills bosses with brute force. I'm okay with the permanent ATK gain, but the twice per turn thing since that's possible may seem too far. But I deally you would go for maximum damage before your opponent wants to kill this thing firsthand. Overall it's like Beelze for Rank 4s, but without the Marshmallon clauses and more focused on ATK power.

Actually a really good card, to my surprise. I expected it to be simply a decent card/good EEV target, but it's actually great for taking down multiple boss monsters. Shrink once of them, grow bigger, destroy the other pressing one, have weaker monster poke the target for this.

It also makes an ideal finisher... Heh...

More or less outclasses Utopia, with it having the same stats, same summon condition, and great effect without any drawback. This is ignoring the ZW series and Utopia's many alt-forms.

This isn't comparable to Utopia in any way, shape, or form, though .~.

One's a protection card and another's a push card, having same stats and rank do not make them inherently comparable.

One's a protection card and another's a push card, having same stats and rank do not make them inherently comparable.

I used Utopia in my Extra Deck because sometimes the other generic 2-mat Rank 4s available are lacking ATK-wise. i.e I used him as a beatstick until I acquired #52.

I used Utopia in my Extra Deck because sometimes the other generic 2-mat Rank 4s available are lacking ATK-wise. i.e I used him as a beatstick until I acquired #52.

Gem-Knight Pearl

Cairngorgon the Antiluminescent Knight

Ragna Zero

Number 52

Utopia's a bad card and hasn't been playable in 1-2 years because 2500 atk isn't enough to run a card that doesn't do anything

Welcome Black back.

My first look at this card was "budget 101" in terms of getting rid of threats but then I looked more and realized I should probably be forcing room for both in the extra because running over anything is too good.

Utopia's only use imo is Victory or Dragun.

Utopia's only use imo is Victory or Dragun.

Just say good evolutions since you left out V.  Also, Utopia has its own Deck.  It's bad when used generically, but for Utopia-focused Decks, it's the heart and soul.

This card seems like something Vector would use; It just has that kind of atmosphere that reminds me of him and something like Black Mist.

Funnily enough, you can Astral Force this into Number C5: Chaos Chimera Dragon, so a Vector.dek could technically sport it with Umbral Horrors.

I find it funny that even in the supposed Pendulum era, an Xyz Monster is a cover card, and the first anime Xyz Monster in the era is a good one; I'm kinda glad they decided to keep Xyz Monsters alive, rather than weakening them the way they weakened Synchros.

Not saying they won't since its Lolnami we are talking about,but Continuity wise it won't happen because that was ZeXaL's major plot device. It would be like giving another character a Yubel,Sacred Beast, Wicked God, or Signer Dragon deck

You are correct there, although I was thinking more of the lines on a Rank Up similar to Utopia Ray without RUM

That can be downright abusive in a Heraldic Beast Deck, if played wisely.

So I'm not the only one who has noticed. It's currently my main deck until further notice. I find it fun, though my build still needs work.

At first I didn't like it as much because of the nerf from the anime version, but in Heraldics... I patiently await an evolution.

So I'm not the only one who has noticed. It's currently my main deck until further notice. I find it fun, though my build still needs work.

At first I didn't like it as much because of the nerf from the anime version, but in Heraldics... I patiently await an evolution.

This wasn't nerfed. Anime may be 2-shot, but it only targets Level 5+.

This isn't very good. The meta post-DUEA has barely any room for R4s in the Extra outside of necessary staples, even in R4.deks like Tellarknights, Star Seraphs and Geargia. Unless there's something extremely relevant in NECH that only a beater can get over, this isn't going to see much play. Also, it targets so it can't get over Leo.

In actuality this does very little that other options won't do better. It won't replace Crazy Box because Crazy Box is run not only as an EEV target, but also to maintain dominant board presence under Skill Drain. It doesn't replace 101 to answer Extra threats, it doesn't replace Blackship to answer Hands and Maestroke typically does a better job of getting over beaters while providing relevant board presence. While it can provide a large beater, it has no real utility other than that and EEV. Before someone makes the Pearl argument, Pearl was run because Verz were a meta-relevant deck and it was typically your only out to first turn Ophion.

Archived