Fiore [OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

Aix

Fiore_zps8c5c979b.png

An Original RP by Aix

Opening: Tabi no Tochuu

Ending: Mitsu no Yoake

Anastasia Rosenfield, or Lady Ann as she was simply referred to as, had been travelling for years now leading this small caravan through rain and snow in the wilds of Fiore. The joy of meeting new people, bearing spectacle to the various wonders of world and the companionship of her fellow travellers was something far greater than anything she could hope for working in a high official position in her adoptive father’s corporation. Taking another deep puff from her pipe, she stretched herself out and shifted into a more comfortable position on her wagon seat. This life had its ups and downs and many hardships, but from her very core, she knew she was happy.

Something cold struck her face, breaking her from her train of thought and she looked up. The sky had darkened considerably while she daydreamed. Heavy, ominous clouds had gathered around above them and it started to rain. Slowly at first, but they were soon caught in a downpour, and, within seconds, they were utterly drenched. “We’re not going to make it to the next town today,” she called out, loudly enough for those behind her to hear. There was still two hours left on the road by her estimates. “It’s time we find some place to set camp. We’ll continue on tomorrow when hopefully the skies are clearer.” Darkness was when the wolves and daemons lurked, and any traveller knew better to chance an ambush from the lords of the night. Setbacks were constant and the threat of daemons always loomed over their heads, but Lady Ann looked unperturbed to the roads before her, anxious instead for the brighter skies of tomorrow. Gazing into the rain and mist, she could only wonder. What marvellous things lay on the journey ahead? What new friends shall she make? What stories will she have to tell? With a light smile, she leaned back and enjoyed the refreshment of the rain.

[spoiler=Preface]Listen to one of the theme songs I have selected to represent this roleplay. This is not an epic involving valiant knights and dragons, rather, Fiore is a slow-paced tale focusing on the daily interactions of an ordinary group of travellers as they band together to brave the vast, fantastical land of Fiore. What strange and wonderful things will chance their path? What struggles will they have to overcome? And most importantly, how will their bonds grow and develop?

This roleplay is meant to be sweet and relaxing, a heartwarming traveller’s tale, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be the occasional thing of excitement depending on how everyone is feeling. Times are changing, countries change, cultures change, people change, and our band will be caught up in the flow of history in the making, whether on the sidelines or stuck right in the middle of it. Bear witness to grand things beyond human reckoning, great events that shall change the very fate of humanity, but at the end of the day, return to the comfort of your friends and the warmth of your campfire.

Given the question whether roleplay is a game or literature, I would prefer that this RP is a collaborative storytelling effort to create a work of art rather than some idle little thing done on fancy and whim. I do expect effort to be put into this.

You’ve heard me amble enough on this preamble, so let me actually get to telling you how exactly you fit into all of this. You are a traveler traveling with caravan headed by Rosenfield Company, a medium-sized Merchant Guild founded in Taern. You can be a mercenary/bodyguard, a merchant, pilgrim, minstrel or anyone else with good reason to be travelling with a small and modest caravan.

Should you be accepted into this roleplay, you take up the mantle as a fellow co-host and will partake in the decision-making on the world-building and the direction this story takes, hence I have left large portions of the map to be filled out. (Do note, I do have a number of ideas and planning done.) It is preferable that you have Skype for more efficient discussion, but not absolutely necessary per se. We will just have to make do in the OoC.

Please do speak your opinion on anything, be it on how the story is progressing or constructive criticism on someone’s RPing. Yes, I will now enforce a Jack Witt clause on this RP. Anything and everything can be subject to improvement.

I am only accepting 3-4 people into this roleplay, my decision as to who is accepted depends on how interesting your character(s) is but also how well they fit into the cast. You are each allowed to control up to three characters and NPCs. One thing that has always been missing from roleplays are proper side characters, hence this allowance. I would ask that you focus primarily on one, and at most two, of your characters, so you are free to leave the others in the background.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rules]This is a PG-16 RP, thus mild swearing, sexual content and crude jokes are acceptable in moderation, there may be mild violence, but not a lot as this is not the focus of this roleplay. While this is animesque, I would not like chibis, exaggerations or any other silly things done in animation because they do not, in my opinion, translate well into a writing medium. All YCM rules apply, Advanced Clause is in full effect - no godmodding, powerplaying or metagaming, no copy-pasting characters from other RPs without fully adjusting them to suit this RP and all posts must be at least 5 lines long, though I will generally expect more. Do note, however, that quality does not equate to quantity, and in fact, having long-ass posts is often detrimental to the RP, but you are expected to put full effort into this RP to make at least decently well-thought out posts, don’t be half-assed or I will have a word with you.

Reserves are not allowed, but feel free to express your interest in creating an app for this RP, and I will try to accommodate you in waiting a bit longer for you to submit. Acceptance is limited to 3-4 people, but you are allowed to control up to 3 characters, with one or two of them as your main focal and the rest being well-developed side characters. The time when I will start reviewing apps is to be decided.

RP Rewards are in effect, upon completion of this RP, I will distribute points equal to the number of posts in this RP times one thousand among the participants of this RP, and your share depends on how much you contributed to this RP.

While I hope that you are active, I understand that things in life may come up, but please give me a notification beforehand if you are dropping out or on temporary leave. Should you drop out without good reason, you shall receive no share of the prizes.

The Database is currently incomplete and constantly subject to change, it will be continually added to throughout the roleplay with the cooperation of all parties involved. Please do not make a fool out of yourself for being ignorant to details important to the roleplay.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Database]For an overview, Fiore is a relatively large continent (not too large for the sake of not having to have massive time gaps), however a great majority of it is uninhabited and not properly explored due to a rather low population. Levels of technology and civilization vary (think Dark Ages to Renaissance), and communications between some settlements are difficult due to treacherous terrain. Magic is rare and contained only within artifacts of the ages long gone, thus is highly coveted and very expensive. Even rarer are the very select few have the ability to cast magic, and fewer still are the ones who know how to actually control or use their abilities at will.
[spoiler=Map of Fiore]0R1aK0V.jpg
The map is left incomplete so we can decide where we want to go and what kind of place it is. In addition, places to the East are little known to the West. However, I have outlined a few places on the map.

Irodel - the home of the Iron Church, namely, the Iron Citadel. A mountainous country rich in minerals and ore, but heavy taxes are imposed by the Church. The citizens are very pious folk who live hard lives yielding what they can from the hard land or working in the mining industry.

Romalia - a rich, forested country famous for its vineyards. It is a massive center of trade with the port metropolis of Fortuna receiving merchants from all across Western Fiore. The Noble Houses and Merchant Guilds, particularly are tied hand-in-hand and control everything. King Alessandro III is a weak monarch who is constantly pushed around by the Houses.

Taern - a flat prairie country rich in wheat and other crops. The Church has strong influences here and takes in a huge portion of the revenue. Due to the fertile land, the citizens live in relative happiness.

The Orient - the lands to the east ruled by the God-Emperor of Shangri-La. Very little contact is ever had with them due to the difficulty of crossing over either through the Dragon’s Pass or the Lael Desert.

Dragon’s Pass - large break in the mountain range and possibly the safest place to pass through to the Orient, if not for the presence of the Goblin King who has built a fortress there. The mountains to either side are infested with dragons.

Lael Desert - a massive desolate land where the Behemoth first spawned. Various daemons yet still lurk.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mythos and Religion]The much of Western Fiore follows the teachings of the Iron Church, though to varying degrees. The basic gist is that in the beginning there was only the One True God, whose name is only God, who spawned the World of Chaos, a shapeless land inhabited by the daemons. However, in their arrogance, the most powerful of daemons named themselves as God’s equals and fellow Gods. They began doing as they pleased, the most notable of them was the One Who Is Not Named. God, seeing the destruction, sealed the World of Chaos with the aid of the titan Janus, and recreated the world, spawning the first mortals. He gave them the ability to wield magic as well as iron and silver for which they could subjugate daemonfolk with. The humans were God’s ministers. In exchange for the responsibility of power, they must wield their might wisely. The Iron Church carries a lot of tenets, however these laws have been eventually corrupted for the greed of the high clergy. At this present date, the Iron Church holds both military and political power and interferes with the affairs of the various countries of Fiore. In particular, the Church controls the use of what little magic remains in the world.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Magic, Daemons and Artifacts]Magic is the intangible creational force of the Universe, the power of God. Its applications are infinite. Humans are able to wield it in various, but the true masters of it are the Daemons, who are made of solidified magic and can wield their magic each in their own specific and unique but powerful way. Daemon refers to any magical being, from fairies to goblins and dragons.

For humans, magic is used through rituals and commands, whether written, spoken or mental, and the proper ways of using it are arcane and follow no humanly understandable pattern. Humans merely borrow the magical energy in their surroundings and manipulate it to their will.

Daemons on the other hand, use it naturally as they are part of it, they are made of magic, however, for most their applications of magic are limited. For example, fire spirits can only use fire and wolf daemons can only use it to adjust their form and become stronger, etc. Some Daemons can use magic the same way humans can, and even enhance it with their own specialized magic.

Since the Cataclysm, magic no longer resides naturally in the environment and humans are unable to use it, except for a select few who are born with varying amounts of magic within them.

Artifacts are like daemons in being heavily imbued with magic to perform a specific function and a great many yet remain from the Golden Age. They are always in heavy demand and can fetch astronomical prices. The Church sanctions that you need permission to be in possession of one, however they lack the resources to enforce this.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=The Cataclysm/History]Before the Cataclysm, the world thrived in the Golden Age, supposedly a utopian era where everyone lived happily, but few records yet remain. Greatest of all nations was the legendary kingdom of Altria, also known as the Holy Land of God, and held tremendous magical and political power, but used them for good. Leading up to the Cataclysm was the Daemonmachy, a massive ten-year war against the Daemons that somehow broke through Janus’s Gate. Halfway through the war, God sent the Saviour. A young maiden whose very existence repelled and was poisonous to daemons. Using an arcane ritual, her blood was to be converted into the ultimate weapon that would be used by the Legendary Hero to slay the False Gods that had emerged through the Gate.

Unfortunately, on the night before the Dual Eclipse when the ritual was to be performed, the Saviour disappeared. It was said that she had fled out of fear of her life. The war continued on for three more years after that. The power of the Daemons and the magical conflicts that ensued reshaped the very land and put the entirety of human civilization into ruin. However, it finally ended when the Legendary Hero defeated the One Who Is Not Named in the final battle of Heartland Altria and proceeded to destroy the Gate so that the One Who Is Not Named could not regenerate. However, this resulted a massive tectonic shockwave that further reshaped the world and destroyed the humans’ access to magical power. The Legendary Hero disappeared after that. The records that remain tell us that his name was Galahad and the Saviour’s name was Claire.

Slowly, humanity was left to rebuild. They had only the clothes on their backs and a few tools. But the tenacity of humanity was that they carried on and almost a thousand years later, human civilization has returned to a point of thriving.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Date and Calendar]Date of RP Start: 20th of May, 998 CE
The Cataclysm ended the period historians now call the Golden Age on its 3031st year and began the Common Era. The Common Era year system was only established 30 years after it started when civilization managed to properly pick itself up, though that’s a useless piece of trivia.

The Months are named after the Fiore Zodiac, but basically mirror our own calendar (for the sake of simplicity).
  • Janus [Jan-iss] - the Gatekeeper, a titan that guards the gateway to the World of Chaos.
  • Feyrule [Fay-rule] - the Circle of Fey, an ancient and powerful group of godlike fairies who control causality.
  • Magnus [Mag-niss] - the First Human, supposedly the first man created by God.
  • Aqua [Aw-kwa] - the Waterbearer, the archangel responsible for rain.
  • May [May] - the Butterfly, a mischievous fairy that flew across Fiore dropping stolen flower seeds from the World of Chaos.
  • Solara [Soul-air-ah] - the Queen of Summer, a mythical fairy queen of ages past who loved song and dance.
  • Levius [Lev-ee-us] - the Celestial Dragon, the most powerful and most terrible of Daemons ascended to the sky.
  • Myrodin [Meer-row-din] - the Lion, a legendary Daemon and the king of mortal animals.
  • Sendar [Sen-dar] - the Wanderer, a demigod sage who has travelled the entire world and knows everything.
  • Cronus [Crow-nuss] - the Warrior Emperor, the first man to conquer Fiore and establish the Golden Age.
  • Nue [New-eh] - the Snake, the trickster and herald to destruction.
  • Sithis [Sith-iss] - the Void, the grim reaper or Death incarnate.
One of the large events I intend that the group participate would be the Solara Festival in Fortuna, so i intend that our party is currently heading in the direction of Fortuna at the RP’s start.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Application]Feel free to modify the following as you wish, so long it is easy to read and browse through the information.

“Character Quote Here”
Personal Information
Name: Something that would make sense to be in a fantasy setting please
Age: Preferably relatively young, like under 30, for your main character.
Race: Currently, I’m thinking on only having humans in this world, but this will be discussed and finalized if you are accepted. If you make a non-human character and we decide to disallow other races, then we’ll simply quickly adjust your character.
Date of Birth:
[spoiler=Appearance]Pictures are not allowed. Write enough on your character’s physical details and the general impression they leave on others with their appearance that I would be able to draw it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]6 lines minimum. You know the drill here. Make an interesting character or you probably won’t be accepted. Feel free to refer to the Phosphorus’s Character Creation Guide.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]Just some detail on your character’s background, there is no need for an extensive and/or dramatic backstory.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Interests]What are your character’s daily motivations as well as hobbies.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Describe your character’s physical capabilities, any other abilities, such as languages and etc.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other]Optional. Put anything else that doesn’t belong in here. For example, any special items they may be carrying or your character’s theme etc.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Application in Code]
[i]“Character Quote Here”[/i]
[b][u]Personal Information[/u][/b]
Name: Something that would make sense to be in a fantasy setting please
Age: Preferably relatively young, like under 30, for your main character.
Race: Currently, I’m thinking on only having humans in this world, but this will be discussed and finalized if you are accepted. If you make a non-human character and we decide to disallow other races, then we’ll simply quickly adjust your character.
Date of Birth:
[spoiler=Appearance]Pictures are not allowed. Write enough on your character’s physical details and the general impression they leave on others with their appearance that I would be able to draw it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]6 lines minimum. You know the drill here. Make an interesting character or you probably won’t be accepted. Feel free to refer to the Phosphorus’s Character Creation Guide.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]Just some detail on your character’s background, there is no need for an extensive and/or dramatic backstory.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Interests]What are your character’s daily motivations as well as hobbies.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Describe your character’s physical capabilities, any other abilities, such as languages and etc.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other]Optional. Put anything else that doesn’t belong in here. For example, any special items they may be carrying or your character’s theme etc.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Character Roster]All of your apps appear to be on this first page, so I'll just link to them rather than risk destroying the OP by copying them all into here.

[spoiler=Claire Silvermoon]“It’s so beautiful...”

Personal Information
Name: Claire Silvermoon
Race: Human
Date of Birth: Unknown

[spoiler=Appearance]A relatively short and bright-eyed girl with a head of silky white hair, a colour very unnatural for one so young. She wears a look of perpetual happiness and bears an air of serenity that is calming to those around her. Her large eyes, a refreshing blue that mirrors the sky, are further brought out by her small, doll-like features and large clear forehead. Claire has a very pale complexion, given colour only by contrast with her hair, and her limbs are slender and lithe, lacking in any real substance, she is rather delicate. Her breasts are small and still have a bit to grow, but are definitely there.

Claire’s bangs part to the sides, join her sideburns and flow down to her collar bone, the hair at the top of her head and at the sides are tied back while the rest at the back flows freely down to her hips. She wears a slim shoulderless white robe with a tight-fitting neck beneath a small hooded black mantle. The sleeves are detached from the main body, but are run long and hide her hands. On her feet she wears a pair of white, leather knee-high boots, tied tight by white laces.

Claire’s movements are usually graceful, giving to her angelic image and seem as if she were floating, but, being used to walking long, smooth hallways, she can often trip over things in her way on less even footing.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]In many ways, Claire can be comparable to a young child. Cheerful and optimistic, she lightens people’s spirits wherever she goes with a sweet smiles and bright outlook on life. She is very honest, talkative, and unafraid to speak her mind, always going ahead and commenting what she thinks of all the things around her, without any awareness of possible embarrassment. On the other hand, Claire is relatively conscious of what may be perceived as rude or will cause offense to others, though it is possible for her to forget herself in times of excitement. Naive and new to the outside world, Claire knows little about human nature and will always assume the best of others. She is highly tolerant of people and will never discriminate. Her joy at merely living freely makes it hard for her to accept any ugliness in the world, and she will always do her best to disprove it.

Selfless and ingrained with a tight set of morals, Claire will always go out of her way to try to help others and right what she believes is wrong, often unnecessarily interfering and even making more trouble than there already was due to her clumsiness. She believes that everyone should be given a second chance and her inability to read human hearts can make her easily fooled by a show of contrition. As supposedly a priestess of the Church, she takes her job very seriously in hearing the confessions of others and doing good in the world.

Visibly, she is bothered by living conditions she is not used to. Raised in palace-like surroundings, she is used to fine meals and clean living space, free of bedbugs or filth. She does her best not to say anything or complain about it since she knows little can be done about it, but it can be very evident to those around her. However, for things that can be improved, she is not opposed to pouting to try and get her way.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]A priestess of the Iron Church, though she does not seem to be affiliated with any of the organizations present in Fiore. Her origins are wholly unknown.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Interests]Claire, beyond anything else, wishes to see the world and its many wonders. Her other main motivation is to return to her homeland of Altria, particularly to find a certain someone she left behind.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Languages - Claire is proficient in a great many languages, even ones thought to be lost.
Knowledge - Claire is extremely well-read having spent her entire life reading books from one of the greatest libraries of man and doing little else.
Charisma - others are naturally charmed by her and her appearance.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other]Character Theme: Euforia[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lady Ann]“Travelling is reaching out to the farthest corners of the land, leaving your footsteps all across the world, and yet, strangely, it is not the destination that I look forwards to, but the journey itself.”

Personal Information
Name: Anastasia Rosenfield, “Lady Ann”
Race: Human, Fairy-raised
Date of Birth: Unknown

[spoiler=Appearance]Tall, imposing and yet alluring, Anastasia Rosenfield is a paragon of a woman, with large breasts and a head of silky chestnut hair let flow freely. With the blessing of the fey kind, she maintains her youth and appearance of ten years ago during her prime and no wrinkles yet blemish her lightly bronzed skin. Her facial features are angular, with high cheekbones, a thin nose as well as a triangular jaw, giving her an uncanny resemblance to the fairies that raised her. Likely, too, due to fairy influences, she has heterochromia, with her right eye a brilliant emerald and her left an unnatural, gleaming yellow. These abnormal traits overall make the superstitious common folk fear her, but her habitual warm smile and amiability can often draw them back. She has the aura of a very wise person, and yet mysterious as well, like a witch.

Clothing-wise, Lady Ann wears a leather corset over a slightly off-white lace tunic. She has large, somewhat puffy leggings tucked into knee-high leather boots. There are leather bracers on her arms and she wears a silver and iron cross around her neck on a thin iron chain. On her belt she carries a large dirk for protection.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]Anastasia is a seasoned traveller, a worldly woman with experiences beyond many twice her age. She has seen many of the faces of Fiore and endured much that would have jaded any lesser person, yet she retains a optimistic outlook on life. This strength and experience is what allows her to carry the leadership of her small caravan through storm and rain. She is always firm and confident in her decision-making, giving little thought to doubt and marching headstrong into the next day. She is not always necessarily right in her choices, but she knows there is no use in regret. Merely, any mistake adds to her experience, and she shall learn not to repeat her mistakes.

She is very knowledgeable, too, on human matters, having travelled and interacted with a great many people. She is a reliable person to talk to when in trouble, and she is always there for the others, even confronting people who she knows are facing issues herself if they do not reach out to her first.

In her daily life, she is relaxed and easy-going, greeting each day with a smile. She is quite reserved and only speaks when necessary, such as when spoken too, or something really strikes her fancy. More often than not, she will simply sit back and watch with a wry smile the mishaps of the day. Others know her has friendly and amicable, she has a soft, cordial voice and will act familiarly and comfortably around everyone, unless she feels that doing so would make someone uncomfortable, which then she'll maintain a polite distance and speaks with gentility.

There is, however, a menacing edge to her voice when it comes to serious matters that lets you know she isn't joking around even if her face remains calm. She knows how to drive a hard bargain and her intimidating stature can leave others shying back in fear, but this is more of a show and a game to her inherited from her father who was perhaps one of the most strong-willed of merchants.

Although she had been travelling for the greater part of her life, she knows there is always new things to see and new experiences to meet. She enjoys a happy, relatively carefree life amongst friends and comrades and will do anything to protect it. Although inclined towards selfishness, she knows what is and isn't sensible and remains a voice of reason.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]Her exact origins are quite unclear, but she was born in the northern regions of Western Fiore, pagan lands where the Iron Church holds little sway. There she was brought up by fairies, living in the verdant forests at the foot of the mountains, and she lived with them until she was fourteen, learning their languages and customs while having no exposure to the world of Man. But the world of the Daemons had their own troubles and conflicts. These areas are often infested with malicious daemons and most frightening of all are the armies of the Goblin King, who often sends campaigns to gather his power and influence, and enslaving the other daemonkind.

There was a human male who dared deal with the supernatural, a brave and perhaps wholly foolish man who sought money and power with utter disregard for his own life. This man was Ferdinand Rosenfield who would later hold his own land and holdings and found the Rosenfield Company. At this time, he travelled across Fiore doing business with the daemons, persevering through towering setbacks and many scrapes for his life, but in the end reaping the massive rewards of his efforts unlike many that had attempted to follow in his footsteps. It was when the goblins had left when he arrived to the fairy sanctum where Anastasia had grown up. There were yet many survivors from the goblin attack, but they knew the goblins would soon return, and in exchange for their fairies' most precious treasure, they struck an agreement with the man for him to take in Anastasia as if she were his own daughter.

Their adventures afterwards were great and many, and the two's bonds grew, but this isn't the place for it. After a final deadly run-in again with the Goblin King, in which Ferdinand had finally learned the value of his and his adopted daughter's life, that he decided to count his profits and retreat back to the civilized lands of Man. By this time he had amassed a large fortune in gold and artifacts, and grown to a relatively old age as well After selling all of his treasures, except for the  one which he had been traded for guardianship of Anastasia, he bought his own land and holdings and became a noble of Taern. He remained in the merchant business, but this time keeping with mundane goods for a stable flow of income, founding the present day Rosenfield Company.

Yet still addicted to the life of adventure, Anastasia continued as a simple travelling merchant, and her father's most trusted agent.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Interests]Experiencing new things, meeting new people, having fun with her companions.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Languages: Having dealt all over, Lady Ann is able to at least speak and read some of the many languages of Fiore. In addition, however, she knows the secret language of daemons.
Money Savvy: Anastasia is very well-versed in the business world and she knows how to make a profit.
Dirk User: She learned from her father the basics in the ways of how to defend herself and she makes good use of her fast reflexes.
Supernatural Sense: Due to the fact that she grew up with fairies, she had come to be able to sense when something supernatural is nearby.
Politesse and Charisma: She knows how to treat people to open up to her.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other]Character Theme: Lucid Dream
Her name, before she was taken in by Ferdinand, was in the daemon language meaning "Destiny's Guide".[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Markis Drake]Personal Information
Name: Markis Drake
Date of Birth: 6th of Solara, 949
[spoiler=Appearance]A fat old man, standing rather short, at around 165 cm, but possessing a great deal of vigour and cheer. He is almost bald, with only grey hair at the sides of his head, however, he covers the top with a dark brown tricorne cap. His features are rather stubby in nature, and he has squinty blue eyes under a large pair of eyebrows. Beneath a big, round nose lies a bushy grey moustache that he takes rather good care of. He tends to wear rather expensive clothing that has been somewhat dirtied and worn by the weather after a long time of use.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]Appears to be a jovial old man, lazy and laid-back and indulges greatly into food and drink, as well as overall not too bright, but Markis uses this almost as a guise. True, he does enjoy his pleasures, but he is highly observant and a rather shrewd old man, very aware of what's going on around him and excellent at deducing what he doesn't know. Overall doesn't like socializing too much with younger folks and prefers to retreat to a tavern when his day's work is done to eat and drink, but when spoken to he is quite a jolly and sociable person who can hold a conversation quite well and has knowledge in a broad range of topics. One comes to understand that he does possess a great degree of wisdom after all his years travelling and dealing with various people. Unlike Lady Ann, however, he has become rather jaded and will always look out for himself, always seek the path with the most profit, but because of his debt to the Rosenfields, he can be out there to look after her, not that she really needs it. A coward, he isn't afraid to run from a confrontation and will even abandon his goods without too much fight.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]A travelling merchant that had made quite a deal of profit, before one of the ships containing his goods sank and he dropped into bankruptcy. He was taken in by Ferdinand Rosenfield, who was an acquaintance, and now works for the Rosenfield Company as a travelling merchant.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Interests]Good food, good drink.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Money Sense: a good merchant.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Renko Usami/Ain - Alicia - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/317780-fiore-oocnot-startedaccepting/?p=6423398

Mako109 - 'Azab - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/317780-fiore-oocnot-startedaccepting/?p=6422623

Neph - Yuumei - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/317780-fiore-oocnot-startedaccepting/?p=6423843

Raine - Mumei - http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/317780-fiore-oocnot-startedaccepting/?p=6423881[/spoiler]
Fiore Resources and Inspiration Gallery: http://aixdivadis.imgur.com/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...So I got bored and made my app.

Who woulda guessed.

“The sands of time destroys, decays, and blinds. The point is, I can’t see in this sandstorm.” – Translated from local language

Personal Information
Name: 'Azab
Race: Human, Lael native

Date of Birth: 3rd of Sendar, 975 CE

[spoiler=Appearance]

A rugged young man. Around 5’11”, bringing in an underwhelming 153lb. Due to his desert origins, he has quite the shade of brown for his complexion. He has a worn-out face, thought still young in appearance. His face could be considered “sharp.”

His build is slim, but well defined, if not a little on the thin side. He has medium length black hair that’s round on the top, spiking downward. Hazel eyes that are by no means squinting, but you’d be hard pressed to call them wide by any measure. Unlike many of his kind, he has an unusual lack of any sort of visible body hair, a feature that has often garnered teasing.

His garments are a darker-brown color (thought not strictly dark brown), with bits of tan mixed in here and there. Leather foot-fittings conceal his worn feet. Simple brown trousers fastened with belts keep his legs protected. Around his waste, a utility belt (a staple of Lael natives) holds all kinds of things. A heavy-ish, tan-colored shirt with a few pouches lies on his torso. Lastly, a brown cloak with a hood keeps his neck and head out of the elements, with the cloak part going down to his elbows. *NEW* Has a headband made from an old shirt; very well crafted, with traditional Lael markings across it.

He walks as though he’s walked his entire life, swiftly and against the elements. No terrain is too rough, no mountain too high, no valley too low. His stamina under high-stress situations, however (such as running), can lack.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

If there was one word that could define ‘Azab, it’d be curious. His very name means wanderer or traveler, and he was born on Sendar, so it’s rather fitting. He can’t stay in one place for too long, and is prone to wander off and do his own thing, though easily returning later on when no-one notices.

To outsiders, he might seem rather isolated or nonsocial. However, this is only due to the language barrier between those in southern Lael and the western lands. Once he warms up to you, though, language barrier or not, he’s rather the goofball, cracking jokes in his own language that only he laughs at or doing silly gestures.

However, he is a hard worker, and one would be hard-pressed to distract him if he has a task at hand.

He tries his hardest to be mature, but can’t seem to get the hang of it. As such, in his more relaxed moments, he might seem childish or naïve.

In terms of intelligence, at best, his mind is swift and he actions precise. He doesn't think twice once he's made a decision. He is able to use his knowledge to live in the field on nothing but what the land offers. At worse, he's painfully ignorant and uneducated. While he can read, he doesn't like to as a hobby, and he can only do basic math. He knows little of the land he is in (only tales and rumors carried by travellers).[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

His childhood was wholly ordinary for someone native to southern Lael; scavenge in the day, help around the house in the evening, and take shelter at night, lest the daemons feast on you. Any outsider would be completely fooled to his true nature, and even the majority of his family was unaware.

He had an incredible curious wanderlust. He’d often wander way out beyond his allowed scavenging range, much to the alarm of his mother. He’d pester his parents to let him stay in town just a little bit longer, just so that he might be able to uncover a part of town he hadn’t already memorized. As such, at the age of 6, his father bestowed upon him the name of ‘Azab, being one of the only ones who knew him this well.

By 14, he had already mapped out the surrounding areas to surprising detail, gaining notice from the local militia leader. He was drafted and placed into the Scout Regiment, a position that he thoroughly enjoyed. Though not so much a fan of fighting, he found an unusual fascination with the standard Ballistic Rails carried by scouts, and was always a fan of the scouting and detailing missions he was often sent on.

At 18, however, he was permanently stationed at a small village under militia supervision, an idea that horrified him. Only days after being stationed, he deserted, traveling a bit west to his home village to grab his things. Of course, his mother reprimanded him, but his father saw the fire in his eyes; there was no stopping this kid.

With only his normal fittings, a few personal goods, and his Ballistic Rail, he set out to the northwest. Spending years surviving in the desert only by his training and the aim of his Rail, he finally reached the fertile western lands.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Interests]

Traveling, new areas to explore, other people, his Ballistic Rail.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]

+Agility: Hard to catch, great at pursuing.

+Stealth: Hard to find, who doesn’t like a good ambush.

+Steady Aim: Projectiles are his game. Ballistic Rails, bows, rocks, anything.

+Sociable: Once he gets to know you, he’s already your best friend.

+Curious: Always on the look out for new things. Who knows when this might be handy.

-Languages: He can only speak the native language of south Lael. He’s not in Lael.

-Sociable: Language barriers make this difficult.

-Outsider: Sticks out like a sore thumb in the west.

-Wanderlust: Hard to keep still.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other]

Ballistic Rail: More accurate to call it a pole of sorts, this projectile weapon was first produced and his largely local to Lael, particularly in the south. With a capsule-trigger mechanism, combustible caps are ignited to launch small pieces of barbed, streamlined iron at high-speeds. Usually difficult to aim and hit with at a distance, but the blast produced from the tip of the barrel can be lethal at close-range. As such, sometimes projectiles aren’t even loaded. A very loud weapon. Guaranteed to attract attention.

Personal Theme: The Hot Wind Blowing (Temp. Looking for a better one.)[/spoiler]

cnc if you feel so inclined

...So I got bored and made my app.

Who woulda guessed.

[spoiler=App]“The sands of time destroys, decays, and blinds. The point is, I can’t see in this sandstorm.” – Translated from local language

Personal Information
Name: 'Azab
Race: Human, Lael native
Date of Birth: 3rd of Sendar, 975 CE

[spoiler=Appearance]
A rugged young man. Around 5’11”, bringing in an underwhelming 153lb. Due to his desert origins, he has quite the shade of brown for his complexion. He has a worn-out face, thought still young in appearance. His face could be considered “sharp.”

His build is slim, but well defined, if not a little on the thin side. He has medium length black hair that’s round on the top, spiking downward. Hazel eyes that are by no means squinting, but you’d be hard pressed to call them wide by any measure. Unlike many of his kind, he has an unusual lack of any sort of visible body hair, a feature that has often garnered teasing.

His garments are a darker-brown color (thought not strictly dark brown), with bits of tan mixed in here and there. Leather foot-fittings conceal his worn feet. Simple brown trousers fastened with belts keep his legs protected. Around his waste, a utility belt (a staple of Lael natives) holds all kinds of things. A heavy-ish, tan-colored shirt with a few pouches lies on his torso. Lastly, a brown cloak with a hood keeps his neck and head out of the elements, with the cloak part going down to his elbows.

He walks as though he’s walked his entire life, swiftly and against the elements. No terrain is too rough, no mountain too high, no valley too low. His stamina under high-stress situations, however (such as running), can lack.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]
If there was one word that could define ‘Azab, it’d be curious. His very name means wanderer or traveler, and he was born on Sendar, so it’s rather fitting. He can’t stay in one place for too long, and is prone to wander off and do his own thing, though easily returning later on when no-one notices.

To outsiders, he might seem rather isolated or nonsocial. However, this is only due to the language barrier between those in southern Lael and the western lands. Once he warms up to you, though, language barrier or not, he’s rather the goofball, cracking jokes in his own language that only he laughs at or doing silly gestures.

However, he is a hard worker, and one would be hard-pressed to distract him if he has a task at hand.

He tries his hardest to be mature, but can’t seem to get the hang of it. As such, in his more relaxed moments, he might seem childish or naïve.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]
His childhood was wholly ordinary for someone native to southern Lael; scavenge in the day, help around the house in the evening, and take shelter at night, lest the daemons feast on you. Any outsider would be completely fooled to his true nature, and even the majority of his family was unaware.

He had an incredible curious wanderlust. He’d often wander way out beyond his allowed scavenging range, much to the alarm of his mother. He’d pester his parents to let him stay in town just a little bit longer, just so that he might be able to uncover a part of town he hadn’t already memorized. As such, at the age of 6, his father bestowed upon him the name of ‘Azab, being one of the only ones who knew him this well.

By 14, he had already mapped out the surrounding areas to surprising detail, gaining notice from the local militia leader. He was drafted and placed into the Scout Regiment, a position that he thoroughly enjoyed. Though not so much a fan of fighting, he found an unusual fascination with the standard Ballistic Rails carried by scouts, and was always a fan of the scouting and detailing missions he was often sent on.

At 18, however, he was permanently stationed at a small village under militia supervision, an idea that horrified him. Only days after being stationed, he deserted, traveling a bit west to his home village to grab his things. Of course, his mother reprimanded him, but his father saw the fire in his eyes; there was no stopping this kid.

With only his normal fittings, a few personal goods, and his Ballistic Rail, he set out to the northwest. Spending years surviving in the desert only by his training and the aim of his Rail, he finally reached the fertile western lands.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Interests]
Traveling, new areas to explore, other people, his Ballistic Rail.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
+Agility: Hard to catch, great at pursuing.
+Stealth: Hard to find, who doesn’t like a good ambush.
+Steady Aim: Projectiles are his game. Ballistic Rails, bows, rocks, anything.
+Sociable: Once he gets to know you, he’s already your best friend.
+Curious: Always on the look out for new things. Who knows when this might be handy.

-Languages: He can only speak the native language of south Lael. He’s not in Lael.
-Sociable: Language barriers make this difficult.
-Outsider: Sticks out like a sore thumb in the west.
-Wanderlust: Hard to keep still.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other]
Ballistic Rail: More accurate to call it a pole of sorts, this projectile weapon was first produced and his largely local to Lael, particularly in the south. With a capsule-trigger mechanism, combustible caps are ignited to launch small pieces of barbed, streamlined iron at high-speeds. Usually difficult to aim and hit with at a distance, but the blast produced from the tip of the barrel can be lethal at close-range. As such, sometimes projectiles aren’t even loaded. A very loud weapon. Guaranteed to attract attention.

Personal Theme: The Hot Wind Blowing (Temp. Looking for a better one.)[/spoiler][/spoiler]

cnc if you feel so inclined

I suppose he would be hired as a mercenary and general helping hand? Pretty nice, I like the language barrier, and combined with his immature nature it can lead to some fun shenanigans. I would find the lack of body hair at his age rather weird, but this is anime so it's fine. Indeed curiosity can be useful at some point.

[spoiler='Alicia Thalisa Regia']

“Hello there, sweetheart. Let me show you a brand new world, a wonderful journey in the land of love.”

Personal Information
Name: Alicia Thalisa Regia
Date of Birth: 9th of Solara, 969 CE.

[spoiler=Appearance]
Tall, slender, and elegant, pretty much is the first impression one could see from Alicia. Standing at around 187 centimeters in height, she even stands taller than many men. Her skin is white, but slightly tanned due to the time she spent outside, travelling in search for love.

Her long, brownish-red hair was usually tied into a ponytail when she’s not wearing her hat, but she lets it loose when she wore her feathered black tricorne hat. Her eyes are also brown.

She usually wears a long sleeved white chemise (a type of shirt) under a red Justacorps coat, giving a masculine feel to her. She also wears a pair of black trousers and woolen knee-high stockings, and also buckled leather shoes. Her trustworthy rapier is almost always placed on the belt under her coat.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

People that do not know her well viewed her as the perfect blend of elegance, kindness, knowledge, and charisma. People that know her long enough viewed her as a demon.

To describe Alicia's personality would be like the old saying; don't judge the book by its cover.

Alicia is a consummate liar who can and will craft her 'personality' on the spot to fit what she needed, a social chameleon. But behind all that, she is pretty much hollow person who lacked an actual way to connect with other people, something that always doomed her relationships sooner or latter. She had realized the fact for quite a while, and she did try to fix it at times, but her true personality, something that only could be found as traces in her crafted superficial charms, had been buried deep below those masks, and that made her stopped trying, and just continue using her superficial charms instead.

Shallow actual affection to others, somewhat lacking in empathy, and her tendency to lie to others might classify her as a sociopath, but in her defense, she actually wanted to connect with others, to feel attachment to them. But she thought that the only way to achieve that is by creating masks to fit herself to others' lives. Though, that doesn't mean it's always what happened, as she is also a scammer at heart, though that was more due to her need to survive in this harsh world.

Her true personality is not exactly pleasant. She is somewhat spiteful, manipulative, and ruthless, stopping for nothing in the pursue of what she wanted. Though, those also came with determination. She is not someone that will give in to a situation, and will try her best to find a way to get outside of trouble, anything goes for her.

She is lonely at heart, and that is the reason that she always searching for a life partner. Though, her problems above and her desire to not be bound by anything made that somewhat hard for her, so she settled with one-night flings or something similar. She's also somewhat vain, always trying to keep her looks as sharp as possible all the time, though it was more to keep her image rather than from personal desires. At first.

In the end, she just really only wanted to fit in with others.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]
Born from a secret mistress of a local lord in Taern as Alice Whiteriver, she lived a quite nice life, until her mother’s relationship with her father was uncovered, and due to shame, her father ordered a mercenary to kill Alice’s mother and proceeded to disown her as her daughter the following day. Her father's action definitely angered her, and she threw a tantrum just outside of her father's residence before the guards shooed her away. Her anger did not subside as days passed, but she realized that she couldn't do much to him directly, unless she used some help from others. She was 18 at that time.

In the next few weeks, she spent her time talking her way to the local bandits, and helped them organize a raid to his father's family residence, using her knowledge about the details of it and promised them lots of gold. The bandits believed her story, since the news about the lord's affair had already traveled by word of mouth. The next month after Alice was disowned, the bandits under her direction raided the residence at night and killed or enslaved everyone inside. Meanwhile, she took her father's regalia and family crest, along with a bullion of gold coins before she escaped the country by hitchhiking on a merchant wagon to Irodel, vowing to start her live anew.

She started as a thief and scammer (usually pretending as a noble since she had her father’s family crest and regalia), but as her conquest’s targets were getting more high-profile (and because she managed to taught herself about languages, culture, and other things that would make her look more appealing. She even tried her hands at domestic skills, in case she really needed to be someone’s housewife.), she started to live from their gifts. But realizing that it was not really that reliable income-wise, she decided to train herself on how to properly use the sword, and she ended up being a sword-for-hire.

As of late, she had secured a stable job as a bodyguard of one of her former lover, but when she felt that the job has restrained her way too much to her liking, she immediately resigned from the job, and she started to roam across the land in search for new adventure, and love.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Interests]
Love, Surviving, Money, Clothing, and Travel.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
She is agile, and quite adept at close combat using her rapier. Her speed at running is average, but she can run for a long time. Her ability in speech is also quite good, having learned about languages or at least, ones that she deemed as important, also her experience in talking her way out of many situations. Her apparent charisma and charm also helps her at times. And last, she can cook well.

Her ability to actually relate to others is bad. And life as a dashing rogue had given her a lot of enemies, so that might pose as a problem. And her memory about people is pretty bad, often forgetting about someone she left just days before. That might because she couldn't care enough about people she had left due to her lack of empathy.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other]
-While many of her skills were self-taught in one way or another, she did get to learn on how to be a proper noble during her time with her parents.
-Her longest relationship lasted for 9 days.
-She’s very afraid of stories about Daemons, but she will never admit it.
-Her rapier, which is the regalia of her father’s House, is an artifact, but she had no idea about how to use it as an artifact. Heck, she even had no idea that it is one. She often complained that it felt heavier than other rapiers, without anything else that distinguished it from normal ones. Only reason she kept it instead of just pawning it off was that she needed it to make her guise as a noble more believable.
-While she often seems to be charismatic, her weakness in relating to other people sometimes makes her do something that ruined the image, or doing something really, really awkward.

-She changed her name often to avoid having problem with her former lover, but has since taken a liking to her current name.

-As much as she hated it, her womanizer trait was picked from her father.
-Theme song: Adventure of a Lovestruck Tomboy.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Now has 100% more trace of sociopathy.

Potential loooooove intereeeeeest? : D

>though she usually prefers female as her company

...aww.

>Pretty angry about her father’s action

"Aw, shucks. My pop just killed my mama. That makes me pretty darn angry."

...rewording would probably be nice. It'd also have more emotion if reworded.

>She’s very afraid of stories about Daemons, but she will never admit it

>'Azab is from Lael

>Lael is infested with Daemons

This is gon' be fun

...who gave me the right to do cnc anyway

>Her father's action definitely angered her,

Better, but I feel like "anger" is underwhelming in this sense. I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, but I get "angry" when someone swipes the last slice of pizza from the fridge. It just doesn't convey the emotion well enough in this case.

I'm scouring my mind for suitable words or phrases to replace it with, but I'm having no such luck so far. For now, though, it's fine.

I don't mind if people take liberties as long it's not something stupid, in fact I'd prefer if people be creative about things. The stuff with the Lael Desert is perfectly fine.

For Risa's character, I know little about her personality other than her relentlessness in love. How does she regard or interact with other people that she is not romantically interested in? Is she particularly spiteful? I know she sought revenge on her father, but that's from her back story.

[i]“Ah… H-Hi! Howareyouimdoinggoodfinethankyou!”[/i]

[b][u]Personal Information[/u][/b]
Name: Yuumei
Gender: [acronym="Read Appearance spoiler for more details."]Male[/acronym]
Date of Birth: May 1[sup]st[/sup]
[spoiler=Appearance]Yuumei has a very 'soft' appearance, for the lack of a better word. Almost like a doll, no scars are visible, and the skin seems as soft as a child's. At 162 centimeters, he is a good bit shorter than the average, further contributing to the doll-like look. His eyes are an iridescent swirl of a purple and light blue, and they are one of his signature features. The other is his rather… [i]androgynous[/i] appearance, to say the least. Very slender, and features that one would imagine more for a female, such as larger than usual hips and less of the sharp contours that males typically have, his doll-like look finishes the complete appearance of one that seems more female than male.

As for his clothes, he wears a distinctive hat, which resembles a yellow star - the same shade as his hair - but with the bottom two points instead curled around his head, for grip. From the three main points, a flower-shaped pin fixes a teal colored tag with runes written neatly on them. Cloth bands of the same hue as the tags tie the two main bangs that come down to his shoulders.
He is always seen with the hat on, as well as a sleeveless white tunic over a green shirt vest underneath, that goes down to about mid-torso, exposing his bare midriff. Starting from about midway down from the upper arm, massive detached sleeves of the same white silk are seen, ending past his fingers, which would hang down almost to his knees, even if he put his arms out straight forward. An inner, smaller sleeve of the green silk from the vest runs inside of the larger sleeve, but it too is a good bit larger than the arm thickness, and hangs down to about the mid-chest if the arms are hung straight out, level. His pants are short and baggy, made of the same white silk, and a sash hangs out of the front of the pants. The top of the pants fold over two elaborate "arms" of yellow embroidered silk, with a few aquamarine crystals hanging on the ends. Hanging on either side of the sash are two chains of repeating paper diamonds of magenta, white, and green stripes.

His clothing style is not matchable to Romalia, Irodel, Faern, or Lael Desert, and have strange runes, as well as ornate designs, and what seems to be an abundance of silk, a rather expensive material.[/spoiler][spoiler=Personality]Yuumei is a very gentle person, but usually appears very detached. This is due to the fact that he didn't have much chance to socialize with other people, or go out and explore the world, given his bloodline. Instead, he grew up to a life where he learned proper manners, and other royal customs, either taught, or by reading on them. He is taught to be very kind, and this has imprinted on him since a young age, but without much actual experience, it creates the aforementioned detached appearance. So it would have all the "respect" and "manners", but it would sound hollow. A word that could describe him is 'innocent'. He has learned about the past, and The Cataclysm, but without any first hand experience, and being raised in a very sheltered environment, he is very curious about everything, and takes joy even in the small things, such as birds, or crayfish in a river. He is the complete opposite of the 'book-dumb, street-smart' kind of person, but if he had friends, he would stick up for them. On the flip side of this coin though, he is oblivious as well, and will fail at noticing the smaller things, such as love, or possible malicious intent. However, he becomes very awkward when he tries to socialize with other people, and even with his gift of many languages, without the actual communication, it would usually set up the wrong kind of impression on most people, if he ever met anyone outside of his family, and to a lesser extent, the people of the Orient.

While he does feel awkward at the thought of meeting anyone outside the Orient, he wouldn't realize that he sounds unnatural, or that it's not as smooth as regular people speak, until he tries to talk to at least one person. When that first conversation progresses, he would most likely stumble, and realize, and become further shy, and pull away from socializing, despite his mission. Despite all his training and practice, he is extremely low on self-esteem, and a conversation such as this one would probably completely crush what little self-esteem he had left, and cause him to withdraw into himself. This would further express his detached personality, and it would be like trying to talk to a hollow shell, a shadow of what a person once was. He is excited about the idea of going and viewing the outside world, but the idea that he will have to come into contact with people, due to it being necessary, if he wished to actually achieve anything in the western world, frightens him, and he just hopes he can maybe find someone nice that would help him.
This results in his overprotectiveness and possible selfishness. If he finds someone he can actually trust, or at least feels like he can trust, it's a very important thing for him, and he would hold the friendship dear. He would get upset if anyone else tried to get too friendly with the person he trusts, as he feels like that he might be replaced by the other person. He can be selfish when things like this happen, and want more time or attention, and become more rude and blunt, even if he was raised to be directly the opposite. It wouldn't be to the extent of murder, but if left unmanaged, it would probably kindle into a very strong hatred, and he could even get into a brawl, if it goes on further.

Given that he has only read up on human behaviors, while it would cover things such as lying and sarcasm, he understands the general gist of it, but he wouldn't understand if someone was lying to him or speaking with sarcasm, unless someone actually told him, and proved it to him. This leads to being very gullible, and except on the things he's learned about, he would fall for most tricks. Even if he did believe people did lie, or use sarcasm, he'd also believe the best of most people, and this would further contribute to his gullibility.[/spoiler][spoiler=Backstory]He is the 3[sup]rd[/sup] son of the God-Emperor. Born into a life of royalty, he's used to it, but the isolation from any other parts of Fiore grew dull after several years. Combined with the tales he had read of the outside world, it led to a desire to travel. He had wanted to travel, starting from the age of eight, but he expected that his parents would forbid it, as eight was far too young, even in his own opinion. So he continued in his life as usual, studying and practicing the mannerisms as he should, with his tutor, growing older. On his 17[sup]th[/sup] birthday, he requested to be able to be explore the rest of Fiore. His mother disapproved, saying it was still too dangerous, and that he was too young, but his father was more open to the idea. Given he was the third son, his father still disapproved, given the risk and unknown factors, but was more willing to let him explore. This wasn't to say his father didn't care, as he still did greatly, but he believed it would be a good experience, given that he himself was still healthy, and learning of responsibility, and having actual experience would be a treasure, for Yuumei, given how naturally shy he was. This would hopefully make him grow up, and become a suitable heir. Even if he would not be the one to become the direct next God-Emperor, he may become some suitable resort, or at least responsible enough to watch over the rest of the Orient when his eldest son would take in charge.

While his eldest brother understood Yuumei's issues, he certainly wasn't any help. He flaunted his older status and his direct line to the throne, as well as cruelly bullying him in multiple ways, whether it be being a "bookish worm" and other related verbal abuse, or physical abuse, when he thinks his parents aren't watching. Despite all this, somewhere inside him, Yuumei still doesn't hate his brother, and while it did lower his self-esteem, instead of turning to hate, he turned to depression. When they were younger, his eldest brother was one of the people he looked up to, and the ideal role model. As a result of this, despite even the physical abuse, Yuumei always hid it, and never blamed his eldest brother, not wanting to ruin any possible connection, no matter how slight it might be. If there was anything left of what once was their bond, he wanted to preserve it, and try to get it back.
As they grew older though, their differing roles in the future to come slowly opened up a rift between them, as the eldest brother grew steeped in his own arrogance and hubris, further encouraged by the greedy, lower-ranking lords who vied for favor. Now, he was one who no longer wanted to be related to someone he now viewed as a pathetic, weak, bookish child with no self-esteem. As he grew, being trained by his parents, and changed by the ambitious lords, he had less and less time to deal with Yuumei, but found it wasn't as depressing as he once might have imagined.
Yuumei was a naturally shy person, and one that was more of the quiet, erudite kind. His eldest brother slowly grew to hate him, due to how weak he was. He wanted to come off as a powerful ruler that could live up to his father's name and surpass it, but being connected to such a pathetic weakling who found solace in books was a horrible feeling. Due to this steeping hate, he began to bully Yuumei so he could feel superior, and let off all his anger and hatred off onto his younger brother.

When his eldest brother heard about his request to leave, he obviously fully supported it. This would get rid of the one thorn in his side, the pathetic bookish heir, the terrible misfortune of the family. Of course, he didn't say it as such.
When his father agreed to let him become an explorer, Yuumei studied up on the books detailing human behaviors and the outside world, until the day he would be finally prepared to go out. He would be the first person to leave the Orient in years, and he prepared himself, to be ready for whatever may come, and finally, the day has come, and he shall step foot into the West. The only possessions he takes with him shall be his clothes on his back, a satchel to carry things in, a small pouch with a moderate amount of money, and an [acronym="A sterling silver ring he wears on his middle finger, right hand. Lets him do small tasks, such as sparking a small fire, pulling something to him if it's a short distance away, and the like. Is only for convenience. Cannot do anything strong. Shields him from being detected by the Goblins."]artifact from the treasuries of the Orient[/acronym].[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Pros and Cons and Abilities][b]+ Languages[/b] Yuumei is well educated, and is versed in all languages, except maybe the most obscure ones.
[b]+ Fair[/b] He is not the type to judge a person without reason to believe in an aspect of a person.
[b]+ Athletic[/b] He is decently athletic, given his training, and can keep up with most people, and surpass most of the everyday people.
[b]+ Truthful[/b] He is not the one to consider lying to people, and is almost always fully truthful, and can be unknowingly blunt at times.
[b]+ Loyal[/b] He is loyal to anyone who he trusts.
[b]+ Ring[/b] His ring lets him do small tasks.

[b]Ø Playful[/b] He is a curious fellow, and enjoys having fun, however, this can get him into trouble, when he wanders into mischief.
[b]Ø Kind[/b] He is not one prone to anger, or violence, and has a peaceful way of solving things. This can lead to trouble occasionally though, when people don't care for a peaceful approach, which would result in Yuumei being at a loss, and not really sure what to do, as he wants to try to help, but he would not know what the best way of helping would be
[b]Ø Stubborn[/b] Yuumei is quite stubborn, and will refuse to back down on a great deal of things. At times, this is helpful, and can help him achieve goals that would be impossible otherwise, but other times, it can be frustrating to deal with.
[b]Ø Optimistic[/b] He is the person to see the glass as half full, and will always look for the brighter side of things, even when it seems potentially unrealistic.

[b]- Shy[/b] Never having been exposed to the western side as well as not having much chance to socialize with people, he is shy, and it makes it hard to deal with him at times. Although he won't run away, he'll become obviously uncomfortable when trying to engage in speech with someone. This also follows into romance, where he would be more or less an oblivious, clumsy fool, never having experienced it.
[b]- Self-Esteem[/b] Low on self-esteem, drops further when conversations get awkward.
[b]- Naive[/b] If he can manage to deal with people without completely retreating and hiding, he opens up fully, and ends up becoming very attached, and can become overtrusting.
[b]- Overprotectiveness & Selfishness[/b] As a result of the above, if he leads to fully trusting a person, Yuumei can become overprotective of the friendship bond, and will become envious if it seems like others are trying to snatch away the friendship.[/spoiler]
[b][u]Other Information[/u][/b]
• His appearance resembles a humanized Jirachi from the series Pokémon.
• His name is based off a word that means 'dream', and a deviantART artis
• His two favorite things to do are read and experience nature - walking through gardens, or things of the sort
• When he gets awkward trying to talk to people, he tends to make jokes, which are usually very bad, and end up in an even more awkward silence
• He plays the piano and the violin, and enjoys music
• When he talks to people, his hands often just wander about randomly, and most of the time, it is unconscious
• Occasionally makes accidental innuendos in speech without realizing it, and won't understand what he did, unless someone tells him, at which point, he'd be suitably embarrassed
• While he is fluent in languages themselves, nuances such as idioms often escape him, and if he does use any, they might be often mixed up, or reversed

I am in it to win it! 

Here is Mumei:

[spoiler=Application]

“This is what happens when you reach, no one is there.”

Personal Information

Name:  Mumei “Mei” Baleen

Date of Birth: Sendar 2nd, 977

[spoiler=Appearance]Mei is a rather frail looking young male. Standing at a humble 5’8’’ and weighing 130 lbs, he isn’t physically intimidating in terms of his stature. Mei has slender eyes of deep purple coupled with dark bags that give him a tired, intimating face to those around him. Unlike his unique eyes, his wavy hair is black as fertile soil and long enough that when it is unkempt it shoots outward in all directions. Mei has fair skin with never gets exposed to the sun, he also has a massive burn scar stretching from his left wrist to his left shoulder.

Mei’s dress varies however he tends to wear dark clothing accessorized with bright colors like his favorite attire of a black undershirt and faded grey pants with a bright cyan jacket. Apparently, he enjoys the juxtaposition also wearing a sunshine yellow winter jacket when in the cold and red and pink patterned loose shirt for the especially hot summer months however never wearing short sleeves for fear of showing his scarred flesh.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]Mei is clinically depressed and suicidal alcoholic con artist who lost everything forced to continue living. I’ll break it down. Mei, 3 years prior to the start of the RP lost his home and the only person who cared about him in a night fire. The trauma damaged Mei harshly and through his will he was able to stay alive but the crippling effects have left their marks in the form of a stark depression and suicidal thoughts that plague him through the nights and cause him insomnia. To keep his promises, he started living his life as a con artist favoring positions as either book keepers or gambling or elaborate cons when he absolutely needs to. He hates himself for hurting others through his acts but mostly, he hates himself for enjoying his cons. When he acts, he is someone else, someone who isn’t him. In his characters needed for his cons, he forgets his depression and can live reliably for short periods of time as that person.

Mei’s interaction with people is purposefully limited. He does this for several reasons, primarily being fear of being hurt as painfully as he was before and the other being guilt. He feels guilty to all people for what he does to survive. This guilt tends to make him overly kind when he isn’t in a con role, besides bare living expenses and food, he tends to give away any excess to those without. That said, he is lured by people with features that remind him of his deceased friend.

He limits his interactions with others by retreating to a persona when met with strangers and usually embracing an indirect or evasive tactic when questions stir to himself. This is his protection from getting attached and punish himself. That said, he responsive to genuine kindness and strong personalities that remind him of his lost friends and can quickly succumb to others when his cons are broken or discovered. That said, he has firm lines with others primarily dealing with people. He is intolerant to recklessness and negligence since these are things both his will and lies tend to fit against. Recklessness and endangerment is the result of people's headstrong behaivor and is the opposite to his cons which are careful, deliberate, and aim for specific goals. Negligence is the willful ignorance of others and brings upbad memories of his past and he will quickly lower his opinion to those to practice it frequently for any reason.     [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]Mei was abandoned as a young child in Taern by unknown parents and left without even a name. Mei at the age of 6, was left to sneak into villages and steal food from trash and storefronts to keep himself fed. One day, while trying to steal from a local landowner’s supply, he jumped a fence and ran into a young girl playing the grass. Mei had no experience with other children and tried to run past her when she tripped him. On the ground, the girl was forceful and threatened to tell her parents that he was on the land unless he told her who he was. Mei was unable to respond since he didn’t have a name. Intrigued, the girl asked more and more questions to the young boy Mei. The girl took a liking to him and offered to give him a name. The girl’s name was Mamei, and she named Mei, Mumei, as his first friend.

As it turns out, Mamei’s parents were village leaders and when they discovered Mumei and Mamei playing together one day, they took the known troublemaker to the authorities. The child was to be sent off to one of the orphanages before Mamei convinced her parents to change their minds and take in Mumei. Mumei who had never cried before that night ended up in tears before the first person who ever cared about him and helped him. Mamei and Mumei grew up together from that point on.

Together, they helped Mamei’s parents farm on the land and Mumei gained basic literacy and education from his guardians. These are the times that Mei takes refuge in when his life was good and he was with those he cared about. At the age of 10, Mamei’s parents even adopted him formally into his family. He lived until the age of 18 like this.

When he was 18, Mei wanted to follow in the steps of his adoptive father and help his village however the other families were against someone not of the local blood. Over the last few years, Mamei and Mumei’s relationship started to steer a bit afar from just step-siblings and friends. The two were closer than they had ever been and spent most of their free time together.  The two had started to develop a romance together but never expressed to each other.

On the night Mamei’s father was going to announce Mumei has his successor, a fire started in the house. The fire accelerated and grew faster than normal and caused the structure to start falling. The building cut off Mei from his family. In panic, he rushed into the flames to find Mamei. He found her; she was on her knees in her parent’s room hovering over the bodies of their parents crushed under fallen wood support. Mumei was devastated, he couldn’t move as the flames grew bigger. His world was crumbling around him. He felt warmth, not the harsh heat of the fire but of someone else. Mamei held him as they were both still in tears. “We have to keep living, let’s go,” she said to him. She was always stronger than him. As they ducted through the smoke of the halls, the fire burst through a nearby door. The wood shattered the flame struck Mei scorching the left side of his body. Dazed and in dire pain, Mumei looked back and screamed.

The next thing he remembered was volunteers dragging his body out of the rubble. He was barely alive as he was resigned to a hospital room, the image of Mamei’s lifeless eyes haunted him every day. Apparently, the senior village council couldn’t stand to have a mongrel as a successor and artificially started the fire. Though, he had no proof, besides, who would go after the leaders of the village. Mei remembered his only friend’s last words and they sank into his mind on that hospital bed.

The elders forced him to leave once he recovered. Mei was a zombie for the first year trying as hard as he could not to kill himself or let himself just rot. Though, as time passed he started to build personas that let him deal with people that eventually grew into the cons that he achieves now. However, even today, he is struggling to keep himself together and looking for meaning in the events that destroyed him and killed his love and friend.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Interests]

Mei is interested in helping those in need to ease his own burden. Mei has faint desires from before the tragedy in things he was taught in such as government and economics. Primarily, he is focused on finding a reason to continue living.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]

Gambling Talent: Mei over the last 3 years have achieved a skill at nearly every form of gambling known to man and even, if necessary, to cheat.

Master Liar: Mei is talented in telling lies and to a lesser degree, knowing when being lied to. This skill was initially developed to deal with the politics his step-father dealt with but mastered as he started to con other.

Bureaucratic Skill: Skill at navigating through and using government systems to his advantage.

Math Ability: Mei is gifted at mathematics from his step-fathers education.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other]

He considers his name the only memento of his past he needs.

He has cheap taste in alcohol, and actually hates the taste of aged wines or spirits.

[/spoiler]

Theme: Tsumibito

[/spoiler]

"I find that gold weighs more heavily on one's soul then in one's purse."
Name: Malfairen Rothschild
Age 22
Date of Birth: 15th of Magnus, 976 CE

[Spoiler= Appearance]
Malfairen is a slim, some-what tall male standing at approximately 5'9" and weighs roughly 170 pounds. He has pale light skin-complexion and has dark-green eyes. Thick-black hair covers his head which creeps slightly down the back of his neck, leaving off with little spikes.
He is clean of scars and lacks few imperfections on his body. His nose is short and stubby and ears are rather small as well. Malfairen often casts far-seeing glances, almost as if he is constantly lost in thought or idly distracted. However he shares a friendly vibe.

Being the heir to a Great Winery in Romalia he appears to be very refined. Evident in the lack of body imperfections. However his choice of clothing is nothing of the noble sort. He wears a thick dark-green shirt which is covered by a black robe with green trims. Originally gold, he had them replaced as he shuns his family's wealth. Despite this, the back of the robe holds the family emblem of a red rose with a grape plant for a stem. For pants he wears thick black-jeans with deep pockets. Malfairen often keeps to under his robe. [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler= Personality]
Malfairen is an intelligent individual, suitable to that of a scholar. Being raised in a wealthy estate he has great manners and shows a respect for all things, both living and inanimate. However despite this, Malfairen tends to be blunt when it comes to conversations or scenarios he and or others are placed upon. He doesn't believe beating around the bush is the proper way to go about things.

With a strong respect for others, he greets others in a polite and friendly manner, but when conversations begin to roll he wont' shy away from being blunt and open. If something about an individual bothers him, he will ask about it, however he will try to find a way to be polite about it without deviating from being straight-forward. Malfairen however odes have a particular disdain for arrogance and egoism. He won't back down because of threats or sour remarks. He feels a need to be self-sacrifcing at times and is willing to make advances if needed. [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler= Backstory]

Malfairen is the heir and only child to the Rothschild legacy; a well established-winery and vineyard in Romalia. Sometimes referred to as Rothchester; Malfairen is one-day to take on the family name and to live high like an aristocrat. Or so his parents had wanted.
Malfairen grew up in a very easy yet lonely and boring setting. His family name prevented him from interacting with many and he never got to leave the estate. Everything was for the family name he was told, so he grew to disdain his parents as well as the gold that he'd be raised on. He witnessed the greed of his parents and the troubles between rivaling vineyards. Compounded together with his loneliness he had devised a plan to escape.
He mostly spent his time studying herbalism. His interest in grapes and wine had become dried through the years, but they were the spark which moved him to learn about the plants of the world, as well as the poisons and medicines that could go towards helping others. After "escaping" his old life, he plans to go on an adventure studying about plants and perhaps one day finding cures for many of the worldly illness. Unusually optimistic for him self. [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler= Interests]

Malfairen is constantly seeking to acquire more knowledge. If he can spare the time, he will read books upon books and he'll pick the brains of people who might have some knowledge in his fields of interest. His main interest of course, being herbalism and botany. [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler= Abilties]

While Malfairen is by no means strong. He has a niche for quick maneuverability and fast thinking. His knowledge of herbs, mushrooms and the like can prove useful when discerning edible plants from poisonous ones, although he doesn't know it all. [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler= Other]

He often carries a quill and ink jar for jotting down notes he's not positive he can remember all on his own. In addition he carries a compact note-book with much of the information he could record on the plants from his home. his theme song is" Tsuyoku Tsuyoku" [/Spoiler]

I find my self having finishing this earlier then I anticipated... Anyway, here it is.

...For being a cruel medival world filled with struggles for survival, daemons, and other hardships

where are there so many fair-skinned, thin, 17-20 something young people skulking all over the place

Granted, this is "anime," but come on. ._.

...For being a cruel medival world filled with struggles for survival, daemons, and other hardships

where are there so many fair-skinned, thin, 17-20 something young people skulking all over the place

Mine is 21, thank you! 

Eh... I may have painted it a little harsh, it's not too bad, humans are flourishing quite well. In the most civilized parts, like southern countries such as Romalia, things are quite pastoral (as you would see in Spice and Wolf). Daemons are rare, but you never know when they'll strike and you don't want to risk it. Daemons mostly stick to remote and uninhabited areas, but some may wander, some can fly and whatnot so they can get quite far into human lands. The most powerful don't come close to humans, but some lesser ones are quite savage and animalistic. There are regular hunts and stuff to purge the areas of daemons. Though, in some remote regions outside of the influence of the Church or powerful nobles, things can get scary.

Oh do note, everyone, in the "Inspiration Gallery" I have captioned some places in the Cities album, so you can go ahead and have a look. Because pictures paint a thousand words, I will often just use the pictures. (of course, for the sake of pleasing my writer's love of prose and to point out certain details not seen in the pictures, I will still describe them)

[spoiler=Malfairen]"I find that gold lyes more heavily on one's soul then in one's purse."
Name: Malfairen Rothschild
Age 22
Date of Birth: 15th of Magnus, 976 CE

[Spoiler Appearance]
Malfairen is a slim, some-what tall male standing at approximately 5'9" and weighs roughly 170 pounds. He has pale light skin-complexion and has dark-green eyes. Thick-black hair covers his head which creeps slightly down the back of his neck, leaving off with little spikes.  
He is clean of scars and lacks few imperfections on his body. His nose is short and stubby and ears are rather small as well. Malfairen often casts far-seeing glances, almost as if he is constantly lost in thought or idly distracted. However he shares a friendly vibe.

Being the heir to a Great Winery in Romalia he appears to be very refined. Evident in the lack of body imperfections. However his choice of clothing is nothing of the noble sort. He wears a thick dark-green shirt which is covered by a black robe with green trims. Originally gold, he had them replaced as he shuns his family's wealth. Despite this, the back of the robe holds the family emblem of a red rose with a grape plant for a stem. For pants he wears thick black-jeans with deep pockets. Malfairen often keeps to under his robe.

[Spoiler Personality]
Malfairen fits the phrase "A scholar and a gentleman" very well.  He's smart and often tries to  add to conversations and makes suggestions, however not cutting around the bush, he's very blunt.
With a thirst for knowledge he can be quite persistent, asking questions and getting idly distracted while studying things. Deep-within his calm and studious persona he has a self-sacrificing trait and does not mind sacrificing his own happiness for the sake of others.

[Spoiler Backstory]

Malfairen is the heir and only child to the Rothschild legacy; a well established-winery and vineyard in Romalia. Sometimes referred to as Rothchester; Malfairen is one-day to take on the family name and to live high like an aristocrat. Or so his parents had wanted.
Malfairen grew up in a very easy yet lonely and boring setting. His family name prevented him from interacting with many and he never got to leave the estate. Everything was for the family name he was told, so he grew to disdain his parents as well as the gold that he'd be raised on. He witnessed the greed of his parents and the troubles between rivaling vineyards. Compounded together with his loneliness he had devised a plan to escape.
He mostly spent his time studying herbalism. His interest in grapes and wine had become dried through the years, but they were the spark which moved him to learn about the plants of the world, as well as the poisons and medicines that could go towards helping others. After "escaping" his old life, he plans to go on an adventure studying about plants and perhaps one day finding cures for many of the worldly illness. Unusually optimistic for him self.

[Spoiler Interests]

Malfairen is constantly seeking to acquire more knowledge. If he can spare the time, he will read books upon books and he'll pick the brains of people who might have some knowledge in his fields of interest. His main interest of course, being herbalism and botany.

[Spoiler Abilties]

While Malfairen is by no means strong. He has a niche for quick maneuverability and fast thinking. His knowledge of herbs, mushrooms and the like can prove useful when discerning edible plants from poisonous ones, although he doesn't know it all.

[Spoiler Other]

He often carries a quill and ink jar for jotting down notes he's not positive he can remember all on his own. In addition he carries a compact note-book with much of the information he could record on the plants from his home. his theme song is" Tsuyoku Tsuyoku"[/spoiler]

I find my self having finishing this earlier then I anticipated... Anyway, here it is.

Malfairen doesn't fit the requirements for personality length. I'd like to know how approachable he is to others/general character interaction stuff. I don't see how he's really a gentleman. Is he really polite? Blunt and polite are sort of contradictory. Expand on him please.

Eh... I may have painted it a little harsh, it's not too bad, humans are flourishing quite well. In the most civilized parts, like southern countries such as Romalia, things are quite pastoral (as you would see in Spice and Wolf). Daemons are rare, but you never know when they'll strike and you don't want to risk it. Daemons mostly stick to remote and uninhabited areas, but some may wander, some can fly and whatnot so they can get quite far into human lands. The most powerful don't come close to humans, but some lesser ones are quite savage and animalistic. There are regular hunts and stuff to purge the areas of daemons. Though, in some remote regions outside of the influence of the Church or powerful nobles, things can get scary.

I was more trying to point out that... A couple of these characters feel a bit too similar, aesthetically. I might just be crazy, but still.

Somehow I missed the 6 line requirement for personality.. *head desks*

I Have critiqued the personality tab. Added interactions with others and expanded on the personality a little more.I admit I worded his personality poorly. I intend for him to be gentlemanly but not to sugar-coat or shy-away from topics at hand, as he believe such things can not lead to a full Truth.

My apologies.

Archived