Fiore [OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

Aix

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll be fine by then.

Eh, I just noticed, like, no one except Axi is using a female character?

Should I make mine female?

He already looks more or less like one, so I would just need to edit the grammar, and switch the Gender thing.

@Ain: I'd like to know how Alicia will be acting when she's with the crew, since she'll be with them for most if not all of the story.

@Neph: In what way is he detached. Is he unable to connect with other people? That's what I took it as until you said he had a detached appearance. So does he seem apathetic? I'd like to know what happens when he tries to interact with others more than just that he's awkward. If he was raised with etiquette, wouldn't he simply be able to use those manners to interact? I suppose intimate relations would be awkward, but otherwise...

If he has no experience with actual kindness, I take this to be that he simply has been told what is "right" and "wrong" and never considered them himself?

Also, I'm completely lost at what you mean by this statement: "He is the complete opposite of the 'book-dumb, street-smart' kind of person, but if he had friends, he would stick up for them."

@Fierte: I'd like to know more about the knowledge-seeking and potentially bookish part of his personality. If you would expand on that in the actual personality section that'd be great. Particularly as to why he's so interested in botany and if how much does he care about other stuff. (It's fine if he's just naturally attracted/interested.)

Huh. I'm not so much bothered by similar appearances as almost everyone comes from a noble/well off background except Mako. Though I suppose this well-off background does give everyone similar appearances.

Interest.

luuuuuunnnnnaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr

I want you.

To make an app.

I promise I won't leave.

Pwomise.

Pwease?

She'll at first will try her best Prince Charming impression while she with the crew at first, acting all nice and dashing mainly since she try to hit on Lady Ann, but when she inevitably fails, she'll shift abruptly into a more jolly and friendly personality so she could comfortably fit into the group. I do plan for her to create awkward situations for herself, since her having a somewhat lacking actual empathy to others meant that she will often misinterpret how others would act in response to her actions.

Or something close to that, I guess.

@Mako: Hm... I suppose one thing I'd like to know is how intelligent he is. Is he a thinking kind of person? That is a detail I'd like to know. Otherwise, I really quite like him. I'm not looking for a deeply fleshed out, complex and developed character, that wouldn't work at all as there'd be not as much to develop over the course of the RP itself. What I want are the roots which a very fine character can be made out of. Hence my emphasis was on whether or not a character was interesting. I also enjoy that your personality section was concise, organized and easy to read.

@Raine: I'd like to know in what way are his interactions limited.

Put my name on the ever growing list of impending apps. This rp sounds like its right up my alley. I even have an idea or two for a character. Huehuehue.

Edit: "Age: Preferably relatively young, like under 30, for your main character."

Aw poopy. There goes my idea. My character was gonna be an old lady that was kinda perverted. She would have pretty much gonna be a lady's maid of sorts to Lady Ann (with given consent from you, Aix) and the grandma of the group that took care of everyone. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess. Unless its okay that I can still do her, Aix

@Aisu: Yeah, I'd rather not. I was intending on Lady Ann to be the caring character who looks after everyone.

That said, I really gotta finish her app soon. And I might make another character as well, a non-well-off person. :0

I would like to Join and Would like an extension if possible I could have it up today but I have work and do not want to rush what I HOPE will be a very well made character. My best chances at besting the others is by thinking creatively~!

I will update on this post. Spoilers hate me...

[spoiler Alissa]
“I may not know who I am... But I know these people are my friends!”

Name: Alissa Tel'Vis
Race: Human
Date of Birth: Unknown.

[spoiler=Appearance]
Alissa when she first hobbled over to the caravan practically unconscious was in full knights mail and plenty of blood. They expected to find some male knight who had gotten attacked by some night beasts. Much to their surprise as they removed the armor, they found a beautiful blond woman with piercing aqua eyes. Her hair spilled out of her helmet and revealed serene metallic golden locks that fell to the side of her face and a braided ponytail that fell to the mid of her back.

Alissa never has a smile on her face it is usually a frown or if your lucky she may greet you with a straight face. Very few have seen her smile and even that is just a feint smile. Usually when she finds a nice book. Eventually she found a new suit of armor that fit her better Lady Ann Warned her it was the armor of the Clergy women wore and might draw too much attention, But Alissa just gave big eyes and that feint smile to show just how much she wanted it.

The armor had a dark blue sir coat made with fine silver coated armor trimmed with gold layered Iron. The armor unlike her previous one obviously fit for a woman. Alissa stands at an average 5'5 and has an average bust. Her skin a slight tan, that's more like Peach in color. Alissa also carries around a sword that which she affectionately calls Excalibur after a powerful blade from one of her favorite books. She has had this sword since she first encountered the caravan, and even Alissa does not know the power the sword actually holds.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

Alissa's personality was not very vibrant, it was actually quite stale. At first she had trouble adjusting to people, not remembering a single thing about her past save her name did not help any. Slowly as tiny bits of memory came back to her in fragments and as she spent time with the caravan her personality came through. Alissa at her core is a very calm natured woman, this is in evidence to her exceptional sword skills, as being calm and collected leads to precise strikes and could mean life or death.

Alissa is unsure how she got her sword skills, but she enjoys displaying them. The feeling Alissa gets when she swings her sword elates her and makes her feel at peace. When Alissa fights a beast or daemon she seems like on her self. Unlike her raw power would have one believe, Alissa is very articulate and her favorite pastime is reading the books strewn throughout the caravan. This also includes the deliveries, which in turn gets Alissa in trouble and often has to pay for the delivery from her payment. Alissa's favorite types of books are based on old legends and biology books. She is interested in biology of creatures so she knows their weakness'.

Alissa has few quirks besides she has trouble dealing with men, oftentimes resorting to some form of violence if she feels threatened by them, betraying her usual calm nature showing that its mostly a mask. When Alissa looses control like this usually Lady Ann can calm her down.

Alissa is very subservient to Lady Ann as she is the one who practically saved her, though she often refers to her as Milady. Save for Alissa's book stealing habit that is. Although Lady Ann has tried to correct this and Alissa has promised not to steal, she keeps doing it as if its part of her DNA to steal things that don't belong to her. Thankfully for Lady Ann, all Alissa steals is books. This is just one of her quirks and despite her apparent kleptomania Alissa does usually put the books back in their place after reading. Alissa is a visual learner and retains information indefinately wich allows for her to remember roads and directions easily, but can not explain them very well even if she spoke more often. Alissa has a habit of becoming very aggressive in battle so Lady Ann has explained to the other mercenaries to keep their distance when she fights.

[spoiler=Backstory]Alissa does not really know her history but, as the story continues her history will unfold.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Interests] Alissa loves reading to a fault, where she steals books on a whim most often doing so unintentionally.

Alissa enjoys showing off her skill with a sword.

Alissa is always up for seeing new places. new people on the other hand.... not so much.[/spoiler]
[spoiler Abilities]
Alissa has unmatched skill with a blade among the caravan.

Alissa is blindingly fast more so than would seem possible for a human.

Alissa while not able to speak with them, she seems to have some mysterious connection to Daemon's
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other]
Excalibur: A seemingly regular broad sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFEAzP1Zm-A&list=PL8FE47CA926A75BB0&index=5
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]Although when Alissa first met the caravan she was literally a bloody mess she eventually grew into her own though she was very abrasive. Huh? Consider proofreading. I can sort of somewhat make out the gist, but I really don't know what exactly you're saying.

Alissa's personality was not much better it was quite stale. At first she had trouble adjusting to not remembering a single thing about her past, save her name. Slowly as tiny bits of memory came back to her in fragments and as she spent time with the caravan her personality bloomed. Alissa at her core is a very calm natured woman, this is in evidence to her exceptional sword skills. I don't see how calm-nature and exceptional sword skills are related.

Her calm nature often makes Alissa the voice of reason in the caravan. Mmmm... just stop at saying that she's a logical person rather than making a statement like that.

Her brilliant sword skills are unknown to her how she got them, but she enjoys displaying them. I'm more interested in why she enjoys displaying them. Is she a show-off? Or does she enjoy the thrill of waving her sword around?

Unlike her raw power would have one believe, Alissa is very articulate and her favorite pastime is reading the books strewn throughout the caravan. This also includes the deliveries, which in turn gets Alissa in trouble and often has to pay for the delivery from her payment. Not as important, but what sort of books does she read?

Alissa has few quirks besides she has trouble dealing with men, oftentimes resorting to some form of violence if she feels threatened by them. I thought she was calm-natured. Probably not as important, but what are these other quirks?

Though Lady Ann can easily deescalate the situation before the powerhouse that is Alissa gets out of hand. That's moreover a statement about my character than yours.

Alissa is very subservient to Lady Ann as she is the one who practically saved her, though she often refers to her as Milady. Save for Alissa's book stealing habit that is. Although Lady Ann has tried to correct this and Alissa has promised not to steal, she keeps doing it as if its part of her DNA to steal things that don't belong to her. Thankfully for Lady Ann, All Alissa steals is books. Couldn't she just return the stuff where it is after she's done reading it, or does she collect them? At any rate, losing merchandise on a regular basis is a very serious problem.

Another more simple fact about Alissa is due to her utter skill and power she has been Hired by Lady Ann to Give the girl some purpose. Lady Ann did not want to just leave the poor girl alone not even knowing what country she came from. Alissa has a habit of becoming very aggressive in battle so Lady Ann has explained to the other mercenaries to keep their distance when she fights. This part isn't exactly "Personality", except that last part about aggression.[/spoiler]

I don't like the way you combine past events with personality. It's much better to outline what personality traits are more important and organize it like that. You gotta proofread as well.

Mei’s interaction with people is purposefully limited.

rrraaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnnneeeee

How are they limited? Does he avoid people? Or does he give people a cold shoulder? Or does he stop himself from getting close to people?

@Neph: In what way is he detached. Is he unable to connect with other people? That's what I took it as until you said he had a detached appearance. So does he seem apathetic? I'd like to know what happens when he tries to interact with others more than just that he's awkward. If he was raised with etiquette, wouldn't he simply be able to use those manners to interact? I suppose intimate relations would be awkward, but otherwise...

The best example I'd say of someone like his character is a bit like Konoha from Mekakucity Actors most of the time? He's not violent and such, but trying to deal with people isn't really that easy. My character just leans a bit more into the kind aspect as well. Occasionally, if the conversation really gets jarring/unnatural/etc, then he might get a bit flustered, and try to make a recovery. And while he was raised with etiquette, it just doesn't seem natural, because the way he learns it would be pretty much just reading about it, and practicing to himself, and with maybe his family, who'd just be a typical "oh you're doing so good" maybe, idk, I'm still planning out/writing out the Backstory.

So when he tries to deal with actual people, he would initially think he's maybe doing it right, at least with the first person, albeit, he would be nervous.

However, when it's not as smooth or flowing or natural as he'd imagine it would, he'd get more nervous, realize that he needs actual experience and not just the lessons on how to do things, etc?

If he has no experience with actual kindness, I take this to be that he simply has been told what is "right" and "wrong" and never considered them himself?

No, he gets shy and awkward when he tries to interact with people, and thus resorts to just the lessons he's learned on how to talk to people, morality, literature, sciences, etc, and tries to apply them. Which works, but doesn't always seem all too natural or smooth.

Also, I'm completely lost at what you mean by this statement: "He is the complete opposite of the 'book-dumb, street-smart' kind of person, but if he had friends, he would stick up for them."

He's the book-smart, as he's been educated (I'm going to work on the bio which will explain more), sorry about that, but the street-dumb basically, without any actual experience. But it's saying if he did have people he considered friends, he'd support them.

[spoiler='Ashellyn']

“Character Quote Here”
Personal Information
Name: Ashellyn (referred to as Ashe by close friends) 
Age: He can't remember, though appears to be somewhere in his late teens or early twenties
Gender: Presents himself to others as Female, though only Lady Ann knows his Male gender
Race: Human
Date of Birth: He can't remember

[spoiler='Appearance']

Ashe has a delicate and lithe appearance. Standing a modest 5'3" and weighing in at 108 lbs. Ashe looks like quite an average young woman, for all but one thing. His pale skin, which at one point might have been beautiful and unmarred, is covered in scars that travel across his arms, back, chest, and legs, though he doesn't like to talk about how he got them, and should anyone bring them up he becomes extremely closed and defensive. Other than his Ashe is extremely average, not to beautiful, yet hardly ugly either. Much of his appeal comes from his innocent looking blue-gray eyes, and his hip-length raven black hair.

Ashe wears two different outfits depending on whether he is performing or not. His normal outfit is thick, blue-green robe that splits at his hips, has wide sleeves, and has a red border at the sleeves and collar. Under this Ashe wears a white dress made of much thinner material that comes down to his ankles, and over this is worn another dress, which is a light brown earthy color, with alternating red, and green diamond-shapes near the of the dress, this dress reaches down to just over his ankles, with small brown tassels covering the rest of the distance to his ankles. All this is bound together by a silver belt made of interlocking rings worn at his hips. In his hair Ashe wears blue-green two circular ornaments, which hold two long strips of cloth, one red and one white, across his hair. For footwear he wears a simple pair of brown sandals.

Ashe's second outfit is worn when he does performances. Far more revealing than what he normally wears, it is a wonder Ashe still manages to keep his gender hidden in this outfit. It begins with a gold collar, from which a bright triangle of red-pink fabric stretches down, becoming wide to cover his chest, and ending at were his breasts would be were he a girl. The pieces is quite loose in the middle to hide the fact that he has such a flat chest (he also stuffs it a bit). From the collar also extends a string of rainbow colored, ovular beads that attach to gold armlets on his arms. On his wrists are two gold bracelets which are connected by a long, transparent red-pink strip of cloth, that runs behind his back. Ashe's midriff is left exposed, with a dress of the same red-pink color as the rest of his outfit. The dress is worn in two layers, one transparent one, and another opaque one, both of which are worn down to his ankles. On his ankles Ashe wears several gold anklets, that click together when he dances.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Personality']

A caring young man, Ashe could literally not hurt a fly. At first glance, because of his generally cheery attitude, Ashe seems full of energy, always keeping himself busy with something, though close examination would reveal that it is actually more of a nervous habit than someone too energetic. Another nervous habit of Ashe's is to constant take inventory or organize the caravan's supplies into neat categories, and almost always has an idea (if not an exact answer) to what the caravan has with it. Part of this is a need to be in control of his environment at all times, or risks having a panic attack.

Despite his cheery attitude Ashe, like a young child, is shy around new people, though it doesn't take long for him to warm up to people. In general Ashe loves people, and loves to be around them, though rather than talking Ashe prefers to listen. In fact Ashe can sit for all day just listening to people take, to him each and every person is a special individual, and Ashe wants to know all of them. One might that someone like Ashe couldn't possible have the kind of attitude he does, but his cheerfulness is a defense mechanism from those memories. 

If one looks closely enough they can see signs of his past trauma which still show through. Ashe still suffers from occasional nightmares, and seizures. Ashe is also startled quite easily, and any mention of things of the sexual manner upset him. He has a severe fear of daemons, even more so than the average person, and whenever a fight or conflict occurs Ashe ducks away and hides. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Backstory']

Ashe was born in a village that was on the edge's of the Iron Churches protection, as such the villagers often had to fend for themselves against daemons. Ashe's childhood was a happy, but ordinary one. His parents were loving, and cared for him. Ashe's parents were simple farmers, and while they were hardly rich, they certainly weren't poor. It didn't take long after years of thriving success in the region for the villagers to become arrogant.With so many years of peace without daemon attacks, combined with their arrogance became the undoing of the villagers. Lulled into a false-sense of security they were ill-prepared for for the demon attack as it ravaged their village. 

The three demons were of low-class yet the village's volunteer militia was ill-prepared even for these low class daemons, and all but Ashe were brutally murdered. One might think the boy lucky, but his fate would make one wish for death. Seeing the boy as spoils of their victory they decided to keep the young boy alive to be their toy. Repeated they beat, cut, and rape Ashe playing games such as who could make him scream the loudest, or get him to cry the most. Salvation came at the hands of the Iron church who having not received taxes for some time from the village decided to investigate.

They easily dispatched the daemons, rescuing the broken boy. Not wanting someone who's blood had mingled with that of daemons they deposited the boy at a nearby inn paying for 1 week's fare, after that deciding to leave the boy to his fate. During that one week Ashe remained in a shocked state, frequently having seizures and nightmares waking up in the middle of the night screaming.

Once his week was up the innkeepers immediately put him out on the streets, unable to take his constant fits. It was then broken and alone that Ashe met his salvation, a woman by the name of Lady Ann. It was she who took him in, and it was she who made him whole again.

[/spoiler] 

[spoiler='Interests']

Preparing Meals: Ashe has become the designated cook among the caravan, and prepares many of their meals. While he is no master chef, Ashe prepares enjoyable meals, so nobody complains.

"House" Work: Ashe takes care to make sure that the caravan is always in order, cleaning first thing in the morning, and cleaning before going to bed, as well as taking inventory during these times as well.

Music: One of Ashe's greatest passions enjoys listening to people play instruments, as much as he does singing as well. Ashe seems to be attracted to music like a moth to the flame.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Abilities']

Practiced Dancer: Ashe's skill at dance is unparalleled, and is good source of revenue for the caravan whenever it settles down for short stops in cities. It is also a good pick-me up, or incentive for the members of the caravan should they be tired, or even for enjoyment when they have some down time. Ashe seems to be at his happiest when dancing, and loves turn learn new techniques or dances that he can incorporate into his performances.

Singing: What would Ashe's performances be without music? Ashe often uses his incorporates song into his dances, singing with a high tenor voice Ashe is able to capture people's hearts with his voice just as much as dances.

Domestic Skills: Ashe seems like every man's dream wife in terms of his domestic skills. He loves cooking, and when ever the caravan rests in a new village, or city Ashe enjoys learning local recipes, or picking up new ingredients to try in recipes of his own. He also seems to love cleaning (more so that he despises messiness, and disorganization) as well, as the caravan always seems to be spotless.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Other']

Ashe loves to cuddle, it is a defense mechanism from his anxiety that makes him feel safer.

Ashe dresses, and introduces himself as female, as he feels more comfortable in a feminine identity than a male one, and on multiple occasions has wished he was female.

[spoiler='Relationships'] Lady Ann: Ashe has mother-son sort of relationship with Lady Ann, and feels very close to her, hence she is the only one he has told about his true gender. Ashe looks up to Lady Ann, and is extremely trusting of her, and would anything she told him to. Unlike many other people rather than listening to Lady Ann Ashe could talk her ear off if she let him, and comes to her with any personal matters. [/spoiler]

Ashe's Theme: Wandering About a Ghostly Field at Night

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Finished now.

Archived