Fiore [OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

Aix

[spoiler='Ashellyn [WIP]']

[i]“Character Quote Here”[/i]
[b][u]Personal Information[/u][/b]
Name: Ashellyn (referred to as Ashe by close friends) 
Age: He can't remember, though appears to be somewhere in his late teens or early twenties
Gender: Presents himself to others as Female, though only Lady Ann knows his Male gender
Race: Human
Date of Birth: He can't remember
[spoiler=Appearance]Ashe has a delicate and lithe appearance. Standing a modest 5'3" and weighing in at 108 lbs. Ashe looks like quite an average young woman, for all but one thing. His pale skin, which at one point might have been beautiful and unmarred, is covered in scars that travel across his arms, back, chest, and legs, though he doesn't like to talk about how he got them, and should anyone bring them up he becomes extremely closed and defensive. Other than his Ashe is extremely average, not to beautiful, yet hardly ugly either. Much of his appeal comes from his innocent looking blue-gray eyes, and his hip-length raven black hair.

Ashe wears two different outfits depending on whether he is performing or not. His normal outfit is thick, blue-green robe that splits at his hips, has wide sleeves, and has a red border at the sleeves and collar. Under this Ashe wears a white dress made of much thinner material that comes down to his ankles, and over this is worn another dress, which is a light brown earthy color, with alternating red, and green diamond-shapes near the of the dress, this dress reaches down to just over his ankles, with small brown tassels covering the rest of the distance to his ankles. All this is bound together by a silver belt made of interlocking rings worn at his hips. In his hair Ashe wears blue-green two circular ornaments, which hold two long strips of cloth, one red and one white, across his hair. For footwear he wears a simple pair of brown sandals.

Ashe's second outfit is worn when he does performances. Far more revealing than what he normally wears, it is a wonder Ashe still manages to keep his gender hidden in this outfit. It begins with a gold collar, from which a bright triangle of red-pink fabric stretches down, becoming wide to cover his chest, and ending at were his breasts would be were he a girl. The pieces is quite loose in the middle to hide the fact that he has such a flat chest (he also stuffs it a bit). From the collar also extends a string of rainbow colored, ovular beads that attach to gold armlets on his arms. On his wrists are two gold bracelets which are connected by a long, transparent red-pink strip of cloth, that runs behind his back. Ashe's midriff is left exposed, with a dress of the same red-pink color as the rest of his outfit. The dress is worn in two layers, one transparent one, and another opaque one, both of which are worn down to his ankles. On his ankles Ashe wears several gold anklets, that click together when he dances. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]A caring young man, Ashe could literally not hurt a fly. At first glance, because of his generally cheery attitude, Ashe seems full of energy, always keeping himself busy with something, though close examination would reveal that it is actually more of a nervous habit than someone too energetic. Another nervous habit of Ashe's is to constant take inventory or organize the caravan's supplies into neat categories, and almost always has an idea (if not an exact answer) to what the caravan has with it. Part of this is a need to be in control of his environment at all times, or risks having a panic attack.

Despite his cheery attitude Ashe, like a young child, is shy around new people, though it doesn't take long for him to warm up to people. In general Ashe loves people, and loves to be around them, though rather than talking Ashe prefers to listen. In fact Ashe can sit for all day just listening to people take, to him each and every person is a special individual, and Ashe wants to know all of them.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backstory]Ashe was born in a village that was on the edge's of the Iron Churches protection, as such the villagers often had to fend for themselves against daemons. Ashe's childhood was a happy, but ordinary one. His parents were loving, and cared for him. Ashe's parents were simple farmers, and while they were hardly rich, they certainly weren't poor. It didn't take long after years of thriving success in the region for the villagers to become arrogant.With so many years of peace without daemon attacks, combined with their arrogance became the undoing of the villagers. Lulled into a false-sense of security they were ill-prepared for for the demon attack as it ravaged their village. 

The three demons were of low-class yet the village's volunteer militia was ill-prepared even for these low class daemons, and all but Ashe were brutally murdered. One might think the boy lucky, but his fate would make one wish for death. Seeing the boy as spoils of their victory they decided to keep the young boy alive to be their toy. Repeated they beat, cut, and rape Ashe playing games such as who could make him scream the loudest, or get him to cry the most. Salvation came at the hands of the Iron church who having not received taxes for some time from the village decided to investigate.

They easily dispatched the daemons, rescuing the broken boy. Not wanting someone who's blood had mingled with that of daemons they deposited the boy at a nearby inn paying for 1 week's fare, after that deciding to leave the boy to his fate. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Interests]Preparing Meals: Ashe has become the designated cook among the caravan, and prepares many of their meals. While he is no master chef, Ashe prepares enjoyable meals, so nobody complains.

"House" Work: Ashe takes care to make sure that the caravan is always in order, cleaning first thing in the morning, and cleaning before going to bed, as well as taking inventory during these times as well.

Music: One of Ashe's greatest passions enjoys listening to people play instruments, as much as he does singing as well. Ashe seems to be attracted to music like a moth to the flame.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Practiced Dancer: Ashe's skill at dance is unparalleled, and is good source of revenue for the caravan whenever it settles down for short stops in cities. It is also a good pick-me up, or incentive for the members of the caravan should they be tired, or even for enjoyment when they have some down time. Ashe seems to be at his happiest when dancing, and loves turn learn new techniques or dances that he can incorporate into his performances.

Singing: What would Ashe's performances be without music? Ashe often uses his incorporates song into his dances, singing with a high tenor voice Ashe is able to capture people's hearts with his voice just as much as dances.

Domestic Skills: Ashe seems like every man's dream wife in terms of his domestic skills. He loves cooking, and when ever the caravan rests in a new village, or city Ashe enjoys learning local recipes, or picking up new ingredients to try in recipes of his own. He also seems to love cleaning (more so that he despises messiness, and disorganization) as well, as the caravan always seems to be spotless.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=OtherAshe loves to cuddle, it is a defense mechanism from his anxiety that makes him feel safer.

[spoiler='Relationships'] Lady Ann: Ashe has mother-son sort of relationship with Lady Ann, and feels very close to her, hence she is the only one he has told about his true gender. Ashe looks up to Lady Ann, and is extremely trusting of her, and would anything she told him to. Unlike many other people rather than listening to Lady Ann Ashe could talk her ear off if she let him, and comes to her with any personal matters. [/spoiler]

Ashe's Theme: Wandering About a Ghostly Field at Night[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I'll post what I have for now, and finish it later. Feel free to look over what I have so far, and critique.

What is this? What is that bio? That's not even cool. That's Berserk, 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wat
u dun borked it up

How does he have any connection to Lady Ann?
And the raped as a child seems a bit cliche to me. :T

1. Bio's not finished yet
2. I really don't see rape (especially that of a child) in media all that much, but either way I've seen dozens of cliche'd characters written and done well. It's not the fact that a chacter's cliched, but the author's (or in our case player) ablity to write the charcter.

So, 6-7 people seem to be interested/done with their apps.

Alissa just seems a little eh imo.

Like, 'mysterious super sword skills', 'Alissa is blindingly fast more so than would seem possible for a human', and the 'seems to be some connection with Daemons' thing.

It makes it feel like she has Daemon blood or some other relation.

And Excalibur seems like it's going to get really, really strong later, from the 'even Alissa does not know the power the sword actually holds' thing.

I apologize for not having an app up when I said I would. I have a data limit with my internet that refreshes on the 8th of every month and I was at my cap this weekend. I'll try to get an app done today, but if I don't make it, then just scratch me out of the rp so I don't hold anything up.

Claire: One thing I'd like to point out from the very beginning is that you do not mention what you mean by singularity in her race, I assume this is supposed to be a plot point, but it would be nice if it was expanded upon slightly or removed until it becomes relevant, as its a little confusing. You establish an air of mystery surrounding Claire in her appearance, and your mention of her homeland of Altria, but you don't really expand on that in that in her personality which I feel would add a bit more substance to her. I feel you could incorporate this with her interactions with other clergy members, and the people Fiore, which is important as obviously as a major (or at least that is how I feel she is painted) member of the church she obviously has some interaction with the common people, and that's sort of missing in her personality.

Lady Ann: Again I have to say that the one weakness in this app is that you don't capitalize on how she interacts with other people. Here, while you establish she is a people person, and gets along well with her fellow caravan mates, you don't expand on it. Also I remember you telling us earlier that Lady Ann is supposed to be the matronly kind of person, but you never mention that in her app. All in all I feel with both apps you make their personalities too general, and not really specific as to how they interact with people, though Lady Ann I feel does this better than Claire, I think she could still be fleshed out a bit better.

I apologize if I come off too harsh,and I understand as a host there are a few things that you can't reveal right away, but I did my best to give some CnC take it as you will.

Speaking of CnC I would also appreciate some on my own app.

So, 6-7 people seem to be interested/done with their apps.

Alissa just seems a little eh imo.

Like, 'mysterious super sword skills', 'Alissa is blindingly fast more so than would seem possible for a human', and the 'seems to be some connection with Daemons' thing.

It makes it feel like she has Daemon blood or some other relation.

And Excalibur seems like it's going to get really, really strong later, from the 'even Alissa does not know the power the sword actually holds' thing.

That is very astute of you Neph~  While... I do not mind the random....uhh criticism? I'm unsure what that meant. I do wonder why you stated this?

Other than that Aix already knows what I have planned with the character, and as the story goes on Info will flood out in the form of flashbacks/daydreams/nightmares

At any rate, the deadline has passed, and I have come to a decision. The accepted are Raine, Mako, Risa and Neph. Thank you everyone for your time, I enjoyed reading through all of your apps, and envisioning how they fit into the world of Fiore.

Those of you who are accepted, it's time we started to discuss how we will start off this RP. We will be heading towards the city of Fortuna in Romalia, a beautiful port city located at the tip, however, that will not be the first event to transpire with our group. We need to decide where on the map we are at the present time.

In addition, how long each of you have been with the caravan, and how you met, needs to be discussed, and how each character interacted with the others thus far should be established. By this I don't mean how you regard the others , but how exactly you have interacted with them in the past. This may require some mutual discussion.

Mako, I think I've managed to hunt down your Skype through the search function, so please accept my Contact Request or otherwise send me a Request if I got it wrong. I'll be creating another Skype group as real-time chat is a lot more efficient to coming to a consensus on things.

I think I will create one more character as a side character, a fat Romalian merchant who's also some comic relief. 

Ay yo guys.

At first I was a tad bit worried, but just due to how little you guys are actually posting, now I'm not. lel

Point is, starting tomorrow, I'm going to be away from access to ANY electronic until around the 21st. So, if you do actually manage to continue, I've done my fair part, and until then just assume I go along with everything, whilst disappearing at random intervals to go explore something. It's in his character anyway.

EDIT: And, also, before I go, Renko. Sure, I didn't slay the beast, but it's not fair to assume that I barely scratched it. After all, this big, bad Dire Wolf actually yelped when it got hit, which means the shot probably went into its shoulder, or somewhere on the outskirts of its neck. Not enough to significantly cripple or injure it, but it hurt like hell.

Plus, it's barbed, so even if the wound closes and the pain stops, that ain't coming out for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work-In-Progress App:

[spoiler= Crim App - Shady Man]

Personal Information

Name: Crim Niflheim

Race: Human

Date of Birth: September 1st

[spoiler=Appearance]Crim is a well-built man of great strength. Standing at 6’2’’ he is a rather physically intimidating man. He wears a hardened leather azure vest that displays his bare muscled arms, and loose white trousers that have turned a dirty tan from years of dust and wear. Crim has a rather gentle face with wavy light brown hair that grows in every direction and tends to sport a kind smile that hides his history and gives his a discomforting aura. Crim is normally accessorizing with dark-blue tinted circular glasses, a dirtied white scarf that matches his pants. Crim’s left arm is etched with very visible vein patterns that get more identifiable near his hand which is promptly covered by a simple black skin-tight glove. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]Crim is an opportunistic driven man. Although it is unknown what he is looking for, Crim usually keeps very temporary company often disappearing without a word when he feels the need. He is quick to anger and quick to laugh, he often responds to rage with violence since he lacks self-control when emotional. He is also somewhat of a pervert. Crim has a habit of appearing in seemingly random locations and bypassing normal security and immigration policies. Crim highly reactionary and playful in nature, usually acting in accordance with how others first approach him; he will react with indirect answers and playing coy to suspicion, and react with kindness to those who accept his presence. That said, when asked personal questions, Crim usually redirects or ambiguous answers.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[i]“This is awkward…”[/i]

[b][u]Personal Information[/u][/b]

Name: Lyn von Losssarie

Race: Human

Date of Birth: 21th of May, 972 CE

[spoiler=Appearance]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Backstory]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Interests]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Other]

[/spoiler]

WIP app for the Noblewoman. Sorry guys for not posting lately. I'll definitely post tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived