A young female, of 28 years, took her time walking into Pikebay Port as she arrived there a half-hour before the group. With her keen, green eyes, she took in the many wares that were being offered on the streets as she made her way to the town's pub, The Eye of Newt. She couldn't help herself from rolling her eyes just a tad bit whenever she though about that name. It was quite the cliche` when it came to magic and to name a pub that because witches worked it? She felt they could have done something a bit more creative for the name, but the one they choose did have the habit of being the one you remembered best. Nonetheless, she was ready for some of their famous booze after her journey from Alexandria. Not a moment too soon, in her opinion, she had reached the pub and gladly walked into it.

With a friendly greeting upon entering, the female asked for the house special and to open a tab as she made her way to an open table. As she made her way to the table, she noticed most people were staring at her, openly or discretely, probably trying to figure out her race. Was she human? Elf, maybe? As long as her ears were hidden by her hair, she didn't care what the conclusion was for the curious. Placing her somewhat heavy knapsack on the table, she gladly took a seat as her drink had arrived.

"Can I get a name for the tab, Miss..?" The barmaid had asked politely.

"Oh! The name is Bridget. B-r-i-d-g-e-t," the female stated, finally putting a name to the face.

"Thank you. Let me know if you need anything else!"

"Sure thing!" With that, Bridget waved a bit as the barmaid went on to her other duties. A few minutes passed and Bridget was steadily sipping her drink, enjoying all of the tastes and affects it had on the body. It was like drinking warm milk one of her many mothers would make for when she was upset or sick. Her enjoyment, however, began to wane as she noticed that her barmaid had been harassed by a male and his friend each time she went near them. On a norm, Bridget wouldn't let that stuff get to her, but the moment the male slapped the barmaid's ass, she lost it. Letting out an angry sigh, she downed the rest of her drink, leaving a silver coin next to it, as she stood up. Putting her knapsack back on, she made her way to the man and smacked the back of his head.

"What the hell is wrong with you, you [acronym=gypsy for boy]chava[/acronym]!" She yelled at the man, anger in her eyes, "She's obviously not into you, so leave her be!"

"OI! Da hell be yer issue, ya wenc-" the man barked back, but was cut off when he turned around and looked at who hit him. "'Ey, don't I know you..?"

Bridget tried to keep the best poker face she could as she replied, "Nope, I believe this is the first time we mee-"

Her response was cut off as the man grabbed her left arm, "Aye believe we meet just a few days before, ya mutt."

He was right, the two had meet. A few days before, on her way to Alexandria, she had a run in with two bandits. The same two that sat before her. With a quick jab, her right fist hit his nose, causing her arm to be released and the nose to be dislocated. Before the other man had a chance to get up, Bridget quickly made her way out of the bar, yelling at her barmaid that the money she owed was on the table. With a sidestep, she was barely able to avoid a couple that was about to enter the pub and made her way towards the town's center and the road leading out of it. The couple, however, get pushed aside as the two man barreled their way out of the pub, determined to get revenge on the female that had duped them once more. As she made her way to the road leading out of the town, a group of mix-matched people blocked most of her way.

"Any questions?" she heard the cute auburn-haired male say.

"I have one," she yelled out to him before she started to skid across the dirt, coming to a stop to his right as she faced the oncoming bandits. "Can ya use that sword of yours," she asked as she drew out her dagger, getting ready to fight.

She hoped the male would help, or any of his "friends." If not, she would still be able to handle the two bandits on her own. That possibility, however, disappeared rather quickly. The bandit she hit let out a whistle that echoed throughout the town, calling forth 3 more of his friends, as he approached her and the group that stood near her. This made for a total of 5 bandits to deal with, a number she could not handle on her own. She either got help from the people near her, or she somehow stalled the bandits long enough for the guards to arrive.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Lass, between you and me, you've already been of help just by bein' 'ere." With a chuckle he whispered to her "You've managed to get lad up there to come down 'ard on the spitfire." He was referring to Ajax and Kaitlin respectively. Smiling he nodded to the young mage. "Let's try not to blow up though, alright? You looked blimmin' out of it!"

Daphne giggled, finally seeming in control of her own body again she got up, though she did seem a bit wobbly at first, but managed to standing regaining her composure, and smoothing out her dress.

----------

The trek to Pikebay Port seemed to take forever, and Daphne not really one to for physical exertion seemed to be having quite a difficult time, but as soon as the port was in seeing distance of the group, Daphne perked up seeing the place so familiar to her.

"Haha! We're almost there, we're almost there!" Daphne practically jumped up down, running ahead of the group and  the rest of the way there stopping only when she hit cobblestone of Pikebay Port. Turning around only now realizing that she had left her companions behind.

When the group finally caught up, Daphne was practically bursting with excitement, saying hello to old friends as the wandered down the streets of the magical hub. Finally they stopped at the Eye of Newt a popular pub run by a very friendly coven of witches.

"Alright, the boats to Herodotus' land aren't frequent so we'll be here for a while-" Ajax began, but was cut off by Alviss' dwarfish need of booze.

"Right, to the pub!" Alviss bellowed with a chuckle, before marching his stumpy legs towards the Eye of Newt, but drawn by Ajax's raised brow, commanding presence, and whistle.

Though Ajax was serious Daphne couldn't help to find the whole situation quite funny, but thought it might not have been a good idea to laugh just then.

"Let me finish." Ajax sternly looked to him, before looking back to the rest of the group. "We're here for some time. So we should kill time, but let's use it productively." Glancing to Zinnia, Gryphon, Damien and Daphne he crossed his arms. "You lot are magically inclined, so I am certain you're very familiar with this place. Stock up on gear and crystals if you need them, one of you be sure to get me two more Green Mana Crystals, I will pay you back when we regroup." With this he turned back to the bulk of the company. "Other than that, I want to see people trying to get missions, quests, leads - anything we can use to get gold. That, or a place, a residence of sorts. We'll need a guild, that's for certain."

With that he chuckled and glanced to Alviss. "You can do that in the pub." He said with a laughter, bringing a beaming grin to the dwarf who raced for the doors of the building. Ajax counted up the people afterwards. "I am going to buy us all tickets to sale. If you need me I will be at the docks. Sound good? Any questions?"

Daphne shook her head, more of a way to end the conversation than as a response to Ajax. Just as she was about to walk away planning on buying the Green Mana Crystals as a way to repay Ajax for his kindness in the Quester's Rest, when a tall brown-haired woman ran out of the Eye of Newt. She was followed out by two bandits, who called up 3 more making them a total five.

"Wait," Daphne said to both the woman and the group, hoping to stop the violence before it started she approached the man who seemed to be the leader of the bandits with a calm, and composed demeanor.

"Please, sir. I would implore to take a moment to consider whether or not your quarrel you have with this woman is worth it," Daphne said looking straight up at him, hiding the fact that his anger, and height quite scared her, "we number 10 to your 5. The odds do not favor you." Hoping the man would not be foolish and attack, Daphne bowed and stepped back a bit waiting for the bandit's answer.

The bandit couldn't help but burst into a small fit of laughter as this.. child tried to do a peace talk. "Well aren't cha a cute itty-bitty lass. Ye might wanna buy some candy, lass, things are about to messy between us and the mutt. As for the number game ye wanna play, I doubt anyone is gonna help her out. Why would they? Besides, I've got a score to settle with her fer paralyzin' me and my friend there." The bandit pointed his left thumb at the other man that had been with him since the bar.

"Oh please! I didn't paralyze you two! I did the exact opposite, learn the difference, you idiot!" Oh boy, there went Bridget's mouth again. She mentally slapped her forehead as her comment pissed the bandit off even more.

Taking a step forth, the bandit used his left hand in an attempt to shove Daphne aside as his right hand drew his sword out, "THAT'S IT! Get her, boys!" With that command, the other 4 bandits drew out their weapons and began to advance towards Bridget.

Gryphon stroked the top of Valon's head, and in response the creature let out a low purr-like sound. He could see that Kaitlin wasn't quite as impressed with Valon as she ought to be, but Gryphon shrugged the idea off. He would just have to prove to her that looks could be deceiving. "Hey Gryphon." She said, obviously on the way to change the topic. "I think you should allow the shy one to find his own life. The weak should die out, no point in feeding them and allowing them to reproduce. You should let the young bird fly and find his own voice." With that, Kaitlin walked off, apparently eager to reengage with Ajax. 

Gryphon had to stop upon hearing her words. He could feel the anger rise inside of him, but he swallowed it back down. It wouldn't do well to get in a fight with the ignorant elf right after Ajax had reprimanded her for her own hostility. No, Gryphon would have to let it go...or at least save it for a little time. He wasn't about to have that girl judge Damian without even giving him a chance. He wasn't weak. Far from it, he was one of the most powerful mages Gryphon had run across. Although, like Valon, he would just have to wait to impress her.

The rest of the walk to Pikebay Port, Gryphon spent in more or less silence. He tried to get Damian talking, but he had retreated into his notes and was furiously scribbling down interesting characteristics about the group. 

---

Mephala was taken by surprise as the boisterous dwarf, Alviss, took the weight of the chest off the gnomes and began to carry it himself. "We cannae' 'ave you slowin' us down, lass." He said, obviously teasing. However, despite his playful manner, Mephala simply raised her lip in response and said "Mmm, yes. Quite." Despite her less than pleasurable response, the dwarf continued. 

"Now why don't ya tell me yer story. I reckon a character like you've got a lot to say." Mephala sighed, deciding to humor him. 

"Well, I'm a traveling dignitary, if you must know." She said, making sure to place careful emphasis on the word 'must'. "I am looking for a new area to lend my services to." She said, going over the lie that she had prepared for situations like this. Since she wasn't allowed to talk about her Laraethoth lineage, she would be forced to make up something. "I am not accustomed to little caravans like this." She went on. "Although it does remind me a little of my following back in Leon." 

As they spent the next hour traveling to Pikebay Port, Mephala continued to go on about her times on the road, most of it inflated lies, but she seemed to like talking to the dwarf.

---

Damian practically had his nose in his notebook as he continued to scribble down note after note. He was so engrossed in the task, that he didn't even notice when the rest of the group had stopped or the bit of commotion that was taking place. In fact, he walked right into one of the bandits that had approached the group, the man's weapon already drawn. "I-i-i'm terribly sorry." He muttered, picking up his notebook which had fallen before looking at who had ran into. Once he saw that it was hostile and that the rest of the group was moments away from entering conflict, he quickly backed up.

"N-n-now th-there is n-n-no need for violence." He stuttered out, stumbling backwards. "I d-don't want to hurt you." He warned. At that, the bandit let out a bark of laughter. 

"Ye th'nk ye caen 'urt me?" The man asked, his speech slurred from the obviously high alcohol level in his blood. "Tha' be a goo' trick it would." He said, swinging his sword towards the bookish mage. Damian sidestepped, obviously able to handle the situation as his assailant was quite drunk. "Come 'ere ye little bastard." The bandit took another swing again, and this time Damian blocked the scimitar-like blade with the baton that had hung at his waist before. 

"P-please, sir. J-just leave us be." Damian tried to reason. The bandit just let out a growl and pulled back his hand again, bringing the sword crashing down in the space that Damian had occupied just a moment before. However, the cold steel hit only air. Having teleported behind the man, Damian used his baton to hit the temple of the man, knocking him out in a moment. 

Now out of immediate danger, Damian began to take stock of the situation. It seemed that the group of bandits had come as a result of conflict with a new addition to the group, a woman with wavy brown hair. Her features were vaguely elf-like, but her hair covered her ears, so Damian was unable to confirm the suspicion one way or another. Of course, had he been paying attention earlier, he would have had his answer. "I-is everyone alright?" He asked, although several of the others had engaged in battle with bandits already and his question was rendered more or less moot. 

---

Gryphon jumped to the aid of the new arrival in heartbeat, immediately pouncing on the man that called her mutt, presumably the leader of the group. He hadn't taken time to draw either of his weapons and definitely didn't take the time to cast a self-transfiguration spell. Going in bare chested and bare handed, he landed a nice right cross to the man's jaw, sending him reeling for a moment. "Shouldn't 'ave dun tha' my friend." The bandit said. 

Gryphon backed up slightly, not from intimidation, but to allow himself more room to maneuver. He took enough time to see that Damian had already dispatched one of the assailants, although said assailant had been noticeably drunk. He hoped that Kaitlin had gotten a load of that, perhaps change her tune. 

---

Mephala removed herself from the situation with bandits. Fighting these miscreants was far below her, besides, she didn't have any debt to the woman that had just arrived. However, had any of the bandits saw her, no doubt they would be a bit more hesitant to attack the group.

Ajax almost immediately scowled as soon as he heard an unfamiliar voice call for him to draw his sword. In that moment, a number of bandits had stormed out of the bar, and after a whistle, summoned three more compatriots to join them in a cause of what seemed to be assaulting this brown skinned woman - a human, large-eared at that, who'd drawn a dagger to confront them. Needless to say, this looked like a numbers game, but these bandits had to be pretty stupid to attack this woman while she had such a large group of people nearby.

Alviss, needless to say, was swept off his feet by the rushing of the people, but he had the vantage point - standing behind the bandits, he had a chance to attack from behind which he was certain to use. If not for any reason, but the fact that the bandit shoved Daphne. There was nobody who'd get away for shoving the lass around like that, no way, he thought. With a huff from his large nose, he leered at the bandits waiting for a chance to strike.

Damien and Gryphon, though, had entered the scene. Damien managed to deal with a drunkard of the bunch, but the leader, the one who called the gypsy a mutt in particular, had to deal with Gryphon - and boy did Alviss like this young lad. Against an armed foe, no weapons, shirtless, hench as a hunk, he socked him square with a right hook. He sent the b*stard reeling! Alviss couldn't help but let out a loud "Alright!" to Gryphon, before noting a bandit spotting him. Boy did he know how to get himself into trouble.

Fortunately he could get out of it just as well. Rolling his eyes, Alviss brought up his shield against the blade of the bandit, easily deflecting the blow, before ramming his mace for the man's gut, having him keel over in pain. With that, Alviss made swift work of the bandit - a rough shield-bash and a swipe sent the man to the ground. Not many had the might of a dwarf in heavy armour. The bandit began to cuss at Alviss for the like, calling him short and the like, but soon he fell silent as an eerie piercing sound was heard, followed by a wail of agony.

In front of Gryphon, the bandit leader getting all up in his face, was a bloody blade's edge, facing for the young man, pierced through the heart of the bandit leader. Coming out from behind to the hand of the hilt revealed Ajax's stern face leering at the back of the bandit's skull, though his gaze then went over to the gypsy as he muttered "Oh I know how to use this sword..." In doing so, he gave the bandit a few more seconds of suffering, before moving him from Gryphon's face and booting him off of his sword, looking at the bandit with a sense of disgust. An eerie quiet, before Ajax's leer sneered at another bandit.

"Well, then?" He asked, watching as the coward began to piss himself figuratively muttering and babbling his words, though the message was clear - he did not want to die. Ajax's frown turned to a face of unsettling relaxation as he hissed to the bandit "If I ever see you, or your men again, I'll finish the job."

Alviss watched in silence as the bandits ran off like flies, the able bodied carrying the unconscious drunk and the corpse out of town - to the surprise of many, it seemed like the leader was getting a burial after all. Certainly a pleasure too good for him. Looking to Ajax, he cleared his throat for a second. "Um...so...back to...um, work, I guess?" before looking at the bloody floor while rubbing the back of his neck. Alviss expected a rough-housing, a brawl, but not death. Certainly not this early. It was somewhat unsettling to the dwarf how easily Ajax shoved that blade through the man's heart.

With a deep breath Ajax nodded to Alviss softly. "Yes, Master Dwarf. Back to work." He muttered, before wiping his blade against whatever surface he could find. Another deep breath, and Ajax looked to those, like Alviss, a little speechless about what had occurred. "Mages, check for better gear. Everyone else, get the buzz around town. We need leads on gold and reputation if we're serious." Ajax then glanced over to the gypsy before crossing his arms, clearly expecting some sort of explanation. He didn't want to have ended up killing the wrong guy. This would also give those around a good opportunity to question what just happened, really.

After this though, Ajax kept his eyes for Mephala. "Mephala, you're with me." He muttered. "I need your...awe...to help me with prices on a ferry."

Alviss took the opportunity to check up on Daphne, the poor girl must've had a fright. "Y'all right, young'un?" The dwarf asked concerned for the poor lass. "C'mon, let's go somewhere warm, get you a drink to calm ya down. Would ya like that?"

Gryphon had moved to grab a mana crystal from his pocket, now that he was able to better judge the situation. There would be no reason to endanger his life by continuing this brawl without utilizing his skills to the fullest potential, but before he could make his next move a warm liquid hit his face. Gryphon paused, dabbing the substance with his hand and upon pulling it away realized it was the blood of the bandit before him. Ajax hadn't wasted a moment and had skewered the scum-bag without a second thought. His ferocity shocked Gryphon. On the trip to the port, he had seemed a particularly level-headed man, but Gryphon seriously doubted that death was necessary at a situation like this. He, apparently, had a lot more to learn about their leader. 

Wiping off the blood entirely, Gryphon did a quick check to make sure that Damian was alright first. Once he had, he moved over to the new arrival. "Are you alright?" He asked concerned. "My name's Gryphon. I apologize for, um, what just happened." He wasn't quite sure why he was apologizing, after all they had just saved this girl from receiving what would have been quite the beating from five, fully armed men. Although, Gryphon didn't doubt for a moment that she was capable of handling herself. 

---

Damian, having been standing to the side after dispatching the drunkard, saw Ajax's quick flurry of motion before anyone else and a shout was now caught in his throat as the bandits carried their dead leader out of town. The sight thoroughly shocked him. He, of course, wasn't thinking that the bandit had deserved mercy, but there was definitely a better way to handle that than to kill the man. "By the Divine..." he muttered underneath his breath, trying to just brush it off. 

Moving to where Alviss was making sure Daphne was alright, he too offered a hand in helping the sorceress. "So, um, sh-should we go collect s-s-some gear then?" He asked her.

---

Mephala was surprised that Ajax had singled her out to help with the cost of the ferry. She was, of course, more than capable of doing so. In the chest she had brought with her she carried a small fortune, but the fact that he had picked up on the fact that she was wealthy took her by surprise. Although, now that she thought about it, it wasn't as if she had been hiding the fact. In fact, she had flaunted it. What with the palanquin and the servants. Perhaps she was giving this Ajax more credit than he deserved. In all reality, you didn't have to be too perceptive to pick up on that not so subtle hint. 

Following the man, Mephala ushered to her gnomes, who picked up the chest from where Alviss had deposited upon entering conflict with the bandits. She followed behind the man, thinking that maybe he had even chosen her to accompany him because he wanted the opportunity to flirt with her. Mephala let out a soft chuckle at that thought. Sure, Ajax wasn't bad looking, but he appeared to be nothing more than a common mercenary, a mere commoner. Definitely not relationship material for the great, and beautiful, Mephala. 

Kaitlin felt no particular urge to fight the bandits. It would be wasting bullets, and powder. So instead, she watched the scene unfold. She audibly scoffed when Damian tried to settle the conflict with words. However, it was pointless. She raised a brow when he teleported, but she was still unimpressed. Had the man actually had some fighting capability, his attack probably would have been wasted. Turning her head to the side, she watched Gryphon fight with the head honcho. She didn't mind his existence, but she wasn't impressed by his skill. He was obviously holding back, so she let it slide. It was then she noticed Ajax approaching Gryphon's opponent. A wicked smile crossed her face as she realized what he was going for. She watched him keel over and die. Her curiosity was piqued. She was going to learn about Ajax sooner or later.

She returned to her task of going around town, listening on conversations. She was trying to single out a good quest. It was quite the work. Kaitlin was listening in when she heard something of interest. A man was rambling about his lost daughter, begging people to find her. She approached him, and asked his issues. The man seemed delusional. He was rambling, and she grew irritated. She smacked him across the face.

"Get a hold of yourself!" She barked, irritated.

The man became silent. She took the time to study him. His eye were bloodshot and baggy, as if he hadn't slept in days. He was twitchy and constantly turned around, as if he was expecting someone to jump out. She took note of this, and continued to wait in silence. Finally, it seemed the man had found his voice.

"I-I was-. He-they- I-" He stuttered, but bit his tongue when she raised her hand.

"Times were tough! I was hungry, and my daughter was too! I had to make some form of money, any sort of income. So I gathered my valueables and made my way to Goldengrin Bazaar! I brought her with me, you know, because I didn't want to leave her on her own. Inside the city, I began selling my stuff for money. When I thought I had made enough for sustainable living, as I had gotten quite the deal on many of my wares, I decided it was time to leave. Right outside the borders, we were attacked. My daughter...she...I" He stopped, tears coming to his eyes.

"Oh save me the water works. You should have seen that coming when you entered Goldengrin." She sighed. Still, it seems the man was desperate.

"I got out because I let them take her! While she was being raped I stabbed the man on me and ran! No one pursued me though! I-I'm terrible!" He quickly shouted, tears now running down his face.

"Hmph, How much are you willing to pay for her return alive, and better question, how much are you willing to pay for her remains?" She asked, her tone professional.

"Anything! I'll give you five Silver!" He shouted, in between sobs.

"And if she is dead?" Kaitlin asked, pressing that matter.

"I don't know? 50 copper?" He sobbed again. He looked up, but she was already gone.

----

Kaitlin approached Ajax after getting the necessary information. She cleared her throat for him.

"Ajax, I've got a job that offers a maximum of five Silver." She stated. It was a generous offer for only a girl. She wondered how he would pay her, but he did claim he did some trading in Goldengrin, so she figured he had some way.

"Anyways, the guy went to Goldengrin, made a lot of money, and got attacked. Typical story. But the interesting, and paying part, is he took the time to escape while the men were...'busy' with his daughter. If she is dead the pay goes down to 50 copper." She said.

She slung her rifle over her shoulder and awaited his response. 

Selisen got lost. It was questionable how he could possibly get lost following along a large group on a rather linear route over relatively flat terrain, but Selisen decided not to question it. Instead, his mind was preoccupied with finding his way back. He arrived back onto a road, and following it for a short length of time, he came to a road sign at the fork in the road. It was then which he realized, with an expression of utter desolation, that he had been heading in the wrong direction. Pikebay was in the way which he came. Deciding to make up for lost time, he ran back, staying in the middle of the dirt road this time, and determined not to stray off.

He reached the town perspiring heavily. Having lived underground all his life, Selisen was unused to the sun, and wearing all black didn't help. Feeling lost again amidst all the people, even in a smaller town like this, he wandered randomly, until he heard the sounds of a conflict. Following it, he arrived where the group had just finished a brawl. He had missed out on the action, but not that he cared anyway. His eyes were on the ideals of a new order, and hence his eyes were solely on Ajax. Before he could notify the man of his return, the cold-looking elf woman came in speaking of a mission offering five silver.

To be honest, he had no grasp of currency, he never really got paid for his missions before, but he decided that he would step up to the challenge in the name of changing the world. "I would be up for it."

Bridget, much like the bandits, was surprised she received any help from the strange group. Within a few moments, one bandit was knocked out cold with a baton and another with the use of a shield. She enjoyed watching both as each had its uniqueness. The fight with the baton user was lackluster since the bandit was drunk, but the use of magic to teleport was an interesting twist. For the dwarf, however, the shieldbashing was quite enjoyable for her as she slightly nodded her head, uttering "not bad, not bad" under her breath. However, the fight came to an abrupt end as the apparent leader of the group finished off the bandit leader.

She simply raised her left eyebrow at the leader as he gazed at her, his sword still in the bandit's chest. She had him pegged as the kind of swordsman that only killed as a last resort. His eyes, however, told her a different story at that moment. A few seconds later, the bandit leader was being dragged off as the rest of them retreated. She still had her eyes on the leader when he turned his attention back at her, his eyes demanding to know what happened.

"Oooh no, you have no right to look at me like I'm the one that might be in the wrong. I'm not the one who just killed a man while everyone else was knocking them out," she stated plainly, as she crossed her arms as well. She locked eyes with him for a few seconds, only looking away as Gryphon talked to her. Her attitude and demeanor made a complete 180, as she acted as her usual self, while she chatted with Gryphon.

"Yes, I'm alright, thanks to the lot of you. I'm telling ya, those bandits may not have much going for them, but they sure are persistent. I had a run-in with the first two just over a week ago, when I was making my way to Alexandria. I heard they were having issues with pests on the farm, so I went there to help. Anyways, I was able to deal with them and continued on my way to Alexandria. Then, as fate wanted, I had another run-in with them again in the pub. I doubt we woulda noticed each other were it not for the one smackin' the ass of the barmaid who was serving me. But hey, sh*t happens," she shrugged a bit as she said the last bit, a small "it happens"-like smile on her face. "As for apologies, I should be the one making them. I didn't think things would go south so fast, thanks to Mr. Bloodlust over there," she casually pointed her left thumb at Ajax as she did a bit of a shrug once more.

Finally putting her dagger away, she made a slight bow as she introduced herself, "The name's Bridget. I've been a gypsy, a druid, an alchemist and as of late, a traveling alchemist. I owe the five of you," the fifth being Daphne, "a favor, each, for helping me. Simply ask and I'll do what I can to help."

Ajax frowned to Bridget's response, which seemed rather erratic all things considered. Attempting nothing but to understand the situation much better, a little bit of context never hurts after all, the gypsy began to berate him. With a sigh he simply let her be - he knew for a fact she couldn't spit fire as harsh as Kaitlyn could, and he was a big boy, he'd be able to take it to the chin. Ajax was born with a resolute of steel, rarely broken. If Kaitlyn couldn't shake him down, not many others would be able to either. Bridget'd be left to her hijinks for now. Though, Bridget wasn't entirely unjustified in her goading. He had shoved a sword through a man's heart with no indication otherwise. Ajax simply muttered something to himself under his breath as he composed himself.

Speaking of the Wood Elf, Kaitlyn came back to him and gave him a briefing, which Ajax couldn't not raise his brows at. Five silver was nothing to scoff at, that's for certain, especially for a simple rescue mission. Though, the price drop to coppers didn't surprise him much, but that was a tenth of the original asking price. Such a peculiar pricing range, the man had. Ajax had to question his sanity somewhat, or his wealth, or even his regard for the daughter. Nontheless he smiled back to Kaitlyn with a nod. "Brilliant, good job bringing back something." With a smile he clenched his hand. "Small start, but a start nonetheless. We can make use of that, build up reputation and funds, before we get to doing something bigger."

Soon after Selisen appeared as if from nowhere - drows did have a knack for that to be fair - and immediately jumped on the wagon for the mission. With a confident nod, Ajax glanced over towards the great forest of Abkhazia, likely because behind it stood the Great Range in which sat Goldengrin Bazaar. "You'd be very good as missions like these I imagine, drow." Ajax still didn't have a name for the dark elf, which did concern him somewhat. He didn't want to appear as to being offensive by addressing to her by her race, but there wasn't much else for him to go on. "Better in the dark, at night, though." He chuckled, regarding the dark attire of the drow; noting then her heavy breathing he raised his brows in concern. "Go get some shade, have a drink, recover a little. You look a bit tired."

This lead to Mephala and him then making their pace to the port, a small wooden pier mind, but one lucrative nonetheless. Nobody could swim across to the land, as Herodotus himself had the waters' currents and the pikes searing out the water to protect him from any intruders, save those who pay the fee to cross the way, of course. Arriving to a shack, Mephala and Ajax would spot a stout man running the institution, whom almost immediately was taken back by the enormous beastkin.

With introductions out of the way, Ajax looked to the man as he began to barter, notably making regard of Mephala, referred to as his friend, having some anger issues at unfair pricing against her kind. It came off somewhat cheaper than he had anticipated, 10 copper from the usual standard of 30. Ajax smirked to Mephala. "He must've been so awed by your presence that he dropped the price to a third." Ajax really shouldn't be catering to her ego, but, well, Mephala was pretty impressive. "Rally the rest of them, will you? We should take a boat while we still have daylight."

Alviss, meanwhile, had found himself busy just as much. Deep in the bowels of the Eye of Newt, the dwarf was drowning a pint and, with a relieved sigh of pleasure from the sweet mead, the warm glow in his belly making him quite content. Afterwards, he noted one of the witches approaching him with a flirty smile. Now, a sensible man might be a little cautious to a witch, but this is no man. This is Alviss Stormpace. Fortunately, Alviss was lucky today as the witch meant no harm, but rather brought with her a very, very interesting proposition.

Looking over the note she slipped him along with a package before darting back off to work, Alviss rubbed his eyes and had a reading of the parchment. The witch came to the dwarf with good reason - she had given him a package to deliver to the great dwarven stronghold of Hammerwatch, promising the payment, 1 Silver and 50 Copper, to the courier. Must have been a personal package, then, but this began to make Alviss think as to why a witch would want a parcel delivered to a dwarven hold, a land where magic wasn't very popular whatsoever? With a shrug Alviss ignored the matter, assuming it to be nothing but a trivial thing.

Mephala was surprised to find that Ajax had merely brought her along for the intimidation factor. She was quite beautiful after all, men tended to be deeply in awe of her. "He must've been so awed by your presence that he dropped the price to a third." Ajax said, confirming her suspicions. 

"As well he should." Mephala responded, demonstrating a confident hair flip. "I am the beautiful Mephala, after all." Mephala continued to stroke her own ego, having the door opened by Ajax's remark. 

"Rally the rest of them, will you? We should take a boat while we still have daylight." Mephala took Ajax's request with surprise. He would ask her to do the work of a servant? Didn't he realize that she was much too good to partake in the job of a courier. She was about to protest, but stopped herself. She would humor him, for now.

"Very well." She said, somewhat darkly and turned on her heels to head back to town. Her carrier gnomes scrambled behind her. "Get the attention of the others." She ordered. The gnomes pulled out their trumpets, blasting a powerful note amongst the chatter of the townspeople. "To the bay. simpletons. " The last word was a mere whisper, but it was what Mephala  felt to her core. These people were below her.

Once the others started to head to the bay, Mephala too returned to Ajax. Hopefully, this would show Ajax that she was more than capable of handling higher end tasks.

---

Bridget bombarded Gryphon with an explanation, explaining why the bandits were after her and who she was. A druid. Now that was interesting. They were usually quite attune with nature and like the Wood Elves, Gryphon had had more than one interaction with some. "An alchemist, eh?" Gryphon said. "Neat, I don't think we have too many of those with us. You know, you are more than welcome to join us. We're headed to Herodotus' Land. Hopefully going to start a guild. I know we look like a ragtag bunch...cause well we are. But I think someone with your skills would be greatly appreciated around here."

"Anyway," Gryphon said, moving the topic along, "I better go and see if there is anyone offering some work around here. Listen, consider my offer. We're meeting at the Bay in a few I think, hope I see you there." With that, Gryphon walked off, taking note that Damian was conversing with Daphne. He wanted to go with him, but figured that Kaitlyn would just have more ammunition if he did that. So, instead, he walked around town, poking his head into shops, asking if they needed any work done. A few offer him a job at sweeping their floors or washing their dishes, but he politely declined. Saying that he was looking for something a bit more adventurous.

It wasn't until the fifth store that he stumbled upon something good. The shop keeper acted much the same as the others, saying he was looking for someone that could keep the books. Of course, Gryphon would have to don a shirt if he wanted the job. Gryphon waved off the offer, giving the same excuse, but as he walked out the door a voice called out for him to stop.

It was the voice of an elderly man. Hobbling into the scene on a cane, he gave Gryphon a good look over and nodded. "You seem like a strong young lad." He stated. Gryphon just nodded waiting for the man to get to the point. "If it is adventure you're looking for, I think I've got just the same thing." The man procured a rolled up piece of parchment. "Back in my fighting days," the old man began to explain "I got into a skirmish with a group of bandits that were hiding out in the Khidri mountain range. While I was there, I dropped my favorite sword and never did recover it. Now that I am knocking on death's door, I would really love to see it again. I've got a map here where I last remember having it and would be willing to offer a good thirty silvers for its return."

Gryphon was astounded by the high reward. "Are you sure, sir? That seems like a bit much for simply a search mission." The old man let out a chuckle.

"What am I gonna do with the money? Give it to this one?" He said, pointing at the store keep. "Lazy boy wouldn't do this for me, so don't you worry about the pay." He said it with a twinkle in his eye, obviously happy to poke fun at what Gryphon could only assume to be his son. Gryphon took the map, saying that he would seriously consider it and quickly made a break for it before the two got in an argument.

Soon after, he heard Mephala's trumpeting and took that to assume that hey needed to gather at the port.  

"A guild, eh..?" She crossed her arms as she mumbled that to herself, her thoughts on Gryphon's offer to join. It sounds like they're trying to do what I do already, she thought to herself. She wasn't sure if she could charge people for her help, though. However, she owed a debt to 5 of them and it would be easier to repay them if she joined the guild. If she didn't like that sort of lifestyle, she could always leave it. Before her decision was final, she wanted to learn more about it.

Making her way to the pier to buy a ticket, she got there just after Ajax and the beastkin finished buying tickets. She simply nodded to the two as she walked up to the shack.

"Ah, there's a familiar face. You going to buy a ticket this time," the man asked.

"You know well enough that it depends on the price. Too high and I'll be-"

"-Swimming to the island," the man stated, finishing her sentence. "I don't know how you do it, Bridget. I'm just glad ya keep it a secret so I don't go out of business. Lets just cut to the chase today. The price for you today is 15 copper."

"15? Not bad.. I can deal with that," she said, digging the coppers out.

"Really? No bargaining, no bartering?"

"Yup. I'm sure its been a long day for the two of us, so I decided to give ourselves a break."

"Fair enough. Here ya go."

The man handed her the ticket after he counted the coins. Giving him a nod, she took it and walked to Ajax's side as the beastkin had her gnomes call for the others.

"So tell me, swordsman, what do you hope to accomplish with your guild?"

"I assure you-" Daphne began, but was cut off as the bandit shoved her out of the way going for the gypsy woman, "Wai-!" Daphne tried to stop the bandit, but all of it was happening to fast for her. Suddenly Gryphon had socked the man across the face, and before the bandit leader could make another move the bloody blade of a sword pierced through his chest.

Having been in close proximity of the bandit a small amount of his blood splattered onto Daphne cheek. Shocked by the warm liquid, Daphne lifted her hand up slowly touching her cheek. As she pulled her hand away she stared in shock at the red dots on her finger tips. Daphne looked up at Ajax, confused as he pulled his sword free from the bandit's chest... was this the same young man who had been so kind to her previously? Now with his face pulled into a malicious sneer Daphne wasn't so sure.

"Y'all right, young'un?" Alviss asked from next to, and Daphne almost jumped out of her own skin, in her shock she hadn't notice the dwarf move next to her,"C'mon, let's go somewhere warm, get you a drink to calm ya down. Would ya like that?" 

"So, um, sh-should we go collect s-s-some gear then?" Damian also found his way over to them.

"Perhaps, but I believe I will share a drink with Alviss before," Daphne replied trying to remain cool, but she was quite visibly shaking, "you're quite welcome to join us though Damian."

------

Daphne found herself sitting with Alviss before long in the Eye of Newt enjoying a cup of warm milk, sipping gingerly. She was minding her own business, simply observing the other patrons of the bar, when the witch dropped a package off in front of Alviss with a note, before hurrying back of to work.

Daphne leaned over to read the note over Alviss' shoulder.

"Oh my!" Daphne exclaimed before piping down, "a whole silver... I do believe this could be a lucrative mission Alviss."

After having been called over by Ajax, a finely arched brow raised as she felt his eyes inspect her. Quite thoroughly she might add. She crossed her arms, fitting them under her chest possibly pushing her bust out more, though not entirely intentional. However, she was happy for the attention as she took pride in her appearance as she knew she herself was far from unattractive. Hearing Ajax's reply to her statement about the Drow, she chuckled, "Why thank you, and yes. The hair is natural." She was quieted down by his next question; The reason for her attire. Not the typical elven attire as it screamed close combat. "You're deductions haven't failed you. It's as you suspect. I am a melee fighter. It's a lot more fun that way, don't you think?" Her eyes sparkled at the prospect of a battle.

Ajax's next question had completely extinguished her excitement, to be replaced by a frown. "I have no idea. I have only just met her. All I try to do is tell her that she isn't an orc, but it is clear that delusion is wound deep into that brain of hers. I mean really, who would willing associate themselves with orcs?

Meanwhile, Ryne was still staring Mephala down waiting for her reply. It looked as thought she were going to, however decided against it as Ajax had said something against group quarreling. Ryne also stepped down, backing away, but frowned when Maphala continued to insensitively command the Gnomes to bring her chest.

After an hour, the walk would finally reach a conclusion. The band had met Pikebay Port's cove and it took not much longer before they'd reached the town itself. The streets were filled with mages - stalls for Mana Crystals on sale, magic robes and staves. You name it, they had it. Alchemy was a huge thing here, too. There were a number of schools teaching magic, a few dueling arenas to test magical might - heck, even the pub was called The Eye of Newt ran by a coven of the most attractive witches you'd see for miles, likely their selling point. That, and their magically fermented booze that warms the belly along with it.

Ajax smirked as they reached the town, taking a deep breath of the fresh seaside air, before looking over to the rest of the group. "Alright, the boats to Herodotus' land aren't frequent so we'll be here for a while-"

"Right, to the pub!" Alviss interjected, drawing an amused giggled from Ryne. Before Alviss could make due on his idea, Ajax stopped him with his commanding presence, and a whistle.

"Let me finish." Ajax sternly looked to him, before looking back to the rest of the group. He then began to explain the plan. Those who were magically inclined which included; Zinnia, Gryphon, Damien and Daphne, were to restock on stones with someone purchasing two green stones for himself, to which he would pay the person back later. The remainder would head out in search of leads, quest or missions. Basically the group needed gold, and a place to rest up wouldn't be to terrible of a thing either. Once given the go, Alviss ran as fast as his legs could take him into the bar. Ajax then told them that he would acquire some tickets at the docks.

Not one to waste time, Zinnia was quick to leave to group to restock, as was her plan before running into Ryne at the previous town. There were people form all sorts of life passing through, some looking more unsavory than then latter. Zinnia swiftly made her way through the bustling city, eyes a light when she arrived at her destination. As she entered the small, humble establishment she was in awe at the variety of item they offered. From amulets, to enchanted clothing and even a few weapons. Of course her smile appeared once she laid eyes on her current goal; the Mana stones. Which were sitting quite elegantly in a glass view box.

"Ryne, I apologize for my previous hostility. Truce?" Kaitlin choked out, offering her hand. Ryne was surprised by the gesture. She didn't peg Kaitlin as the type to be friendly with other people. Well, not without some ulterior motive. Though, because Ryne is Ryne, she was happy to leave things in the past. "Of course! Let's work together from here on out." She took Kaitlin's outstretched hand, shaking it eagerly.

Though, now Ryne was unsure as to where she should began. For the most part she simply wondered around, mostly lost in the large towns. Where would one go to get quests? Well a pub would be a great start. The towns were just like back home just with humans instead of Orcs. It was the Kaitlin barked an order at her. Ryne jumped not expecting it.

"Go check the bulletin boards or something. I'll keep listening in on conversations."

"You know, it wu'nt harm yer case if ya put a 'please' on the end of that sentence." Ryne replied in the same tone, but went to do as she said anyway. I mean, it was a good starting place. As Ryne glossed over the bulletin board, her head tilted in slight frustration at the paper littered area. She scratched her head. "Ugh, common tongue so difficult to read sometimes." The orc complained under her breath. "Ok...Something about a delivery job...hired help for chores...saving people...Oh! An escort mission! Now that sounds like fun."

As she was about to let Kaitlin know what she discovered, she noticed there was a confrontation in motion. There was a new chick that she hadn't see before, and 5 bandits who looked as though they followed her. Unfortunately for the bandits, Ajax and a few of the others got involved. So it was safe to say that they would have it handled. Ryne turned back to the board to make sure she wouldn't forget anything, then headed back towards the group, which by now had dealt with the altercation. When she joined the group she noticed Ajax, Daphne, Alviss, Zinnia and Mephala weren't around. That at Gryphon had just finished saying something.

"Hm, obviously I had missed quite the party." Ryne chuckled.

Alviss smiled with a nod to Daphne, chuckling from her excite. "Aye lass, a job with plenty reward." This brought a frown to Alviss as he continued to mull over the notion - Dwarves weren't magic-prone. Why would a witch want a package delivered to a dwarven stronghold? Perhaps a relative, but perhaps a coven of dwarf-haters! That last thought was likely the mead talking though. Putting down his flagon he sighs with relief before looking back to Daphne. "I imagine you were a wee bit shook up there, lass."

He was, of course, referring to the swift execution of the bandits by the hands of the group's leader. Alviss, looking to the lass, sighed with a weak smile. "It surprised a lot of us, to be honest." He commented before looking into his mead. "Don't get me wrong, lass. I've seen my fair share of death in my time. My hands aren't clean, either. But..." Wincing somewhat Alviss sighed into the mead as he took a swig. "That lad didn't take a second to think. In the back, just like that..." Alviss, looking to Daphne, shook his head. His concern was not even slightly about the fact Ajax killed the bandit so swiftly, nor whether it were appropriate or not. No, Alviss' concern became evident as he said "This world is harsh enough as it is, but when the youths kill so easily, just like that...hurts me heart a little bit."

After finishing his own beverage, and waiting for Daphne to manage her milk, Alviss decided he'd best make his way to meet up with Ajax. "Lass, you'd best go buy some trinkets and the like while you have the chance. I'm gonna go to the pier, see if we're getting a boat across."

Meanwhile, Ajax was patiently waiting for the others to return, when he had the displeasure of the gypsy standing beside him, asking him regarding a guild. Raising his brows, he simply asked "Swordsman, is it now?" clearly making a jab regarding her dubbing him Mr. Bloodlust. Ajax's lips were sealed tight as he gave Bridget an unamused look. Ajax was generous to his allies, ruthless to his enemies. Bridget, to Ajax at the least, seemed somewhat ungrateful despite the measures he took, and her goading petty in his eyes. He simply didn't like her. Of course, his secretive nature and withholding his own origin story implied that nobody would really understand just how brutal Ajax would be.

So far, Kaitlyn alone was the only individual able to get him to open his mouth, and the only thing she managed to draw out was his name. Cracking the code that was Mr. Bloodlust was not going to be an easy ride for anyone interested enough in pursuing it. 

Kaitlyn crossed her arms as she waited on the others to show. Her un-amused eyes wandered the group. There was the new girl that seemed to like Gryphon and dislike Ajax. It seemed Ajax didn't like her either. She could use that information to her advantage somehow. She took note of the blank stare he gave Bridget. Kaitlyn needed to discover Ajax. Her suspicions were high, as she found his motives questionable. He was just like every other human, secretive and destructive. She didn't like Bridget's attitude either. Ajax killed a man to keep her safe, and stopped another potential attack on someone else. She was so ungrateful. She listened in on the conversation between Ajax and Bridget. Since Ajax wouldn't answer the question, she would.

"Wouldn't you like to know? I don't remember Ajax formally inviting you to this guild? Although, giving the looks of you, I would assume you're similar to a parasite. You'll stick around, like it or not. So, I'll go ahead and tell you. We want to make the world a better place! Fill it with rainbows, sunshine, and peace! Everything will be happy and awesome!" She sneered, rolling her eyes at the last part.

She obviously over exaggerated the goal of the group, but she wanted to test Ajax here as well. She was sure he would jump in to correct her, probably adding in a lie or two to cover it and make it sound realistic. However, she had to be sly about this. Ajax wasn't as predictable as she assumed. He seemed to be playing the same game she was. He wasn't going to let her have an upper hand for free. She needed to work for this.

"Swordsman, is it now?"

Looking to the man next her, she raised her left eyebrow at him. A second or two later, she stifled a giggle. "Don't tell me you can't take a joke? Boy, if that's the case, you wouldn't have been able to live with my many gypsy dajs. Mothers, I mean," she corrected herself after a small delay of saying daj. Even though she had been away from her gypsy family for almost two decades, she still had the habit of using their language. At least she corrected herself. Sometimes.

She opened her mouth to continue on, but the wood elf had interrupted her with rude assumptions and half-baked truths. Rather than get mad, she simply stared the wood elf in the eyes for a few moments, a hint of curiosity on her face. A sad smile formed on her face, a hint of sympathy filling her eyes, as she shook her head a bit. Then, with a straight face, she finally made a response to the wood elf. "Thank you for telling me what the guild's about, for the most part of it anyways. As for invitations, your.." she paused for a moment, thinking of the best word to use, since she could tell that "friend" wasn't the best one to use with the wood elf, "..ally, Gryphon, has extended one to me. Though it would be easier to pay back the five favors I owe, if I were to join, I have yet to make my decision. Much like what he's wishing to do with the guild, I've been traveling around, helping as many as I can with my skills. However, I have yet to ask for coin in return for my aid and I'm not sure if I ever could, hence my dilemma."

A second later, with a serious face, she turned her attention back to the man, "If you wish to change this world for the better, I would suggest that you look closely at who will be your guild. Make sure they share the same intentions. If they don't, people won't take you seriously and will think your guild is another group of mercenaries for hire." She had no one in mind, specifically, when she said that, but she was sure the wood elf would take it the wrong way. With nothing else to say after that, she departed from the two and boarded the ship that awaited for its next load of passengers.

Damian declined Daphne's invitation to visit the pub with Alviss. To be honest, the dwarf's boisterous attitude made him slightly uncomfortable. That wasn't to say he wasn't nice, just that his personality and Damian's seemed to be at odds. Instead, he looked to accompany Gryphon in the search for quests, but in all the confusion, he had lost track of his partner. "By the Mystics..." Damian swore, realizing he was alone now. Deciding to make the best of it, he went around the stalls, looking to secure any interesting wares that caught his eye. 

Soon after, the sound of Mephala's trumpeting drew him back to the commons of the settlement, and was then instructed to venture to the docks. It would appear that Ajax had secured the group of boat. Realizing he hadn't reported into Herodotus yet, Damian scribbled something down a piece of paper.

I believe I have found what you set me out here for. Expect visitors soon. I don't think any of them are hostile.

...next time, give someone else the chance to go adventuring.

-Damian

Damian signed his name, figuring that his last complaint was justified given what had happened so far. Muttering a quick incantation, a small portal opened up in the palm of his hand, swallowing the note and presumably delivering it to the Archmage. Just as he had finished, he felt a hand pat his shoulder, bringing him in for a fast side-ways hug. He didn't even have to look to see who it was, only Gryphon would do something like that.

"Find anything, interesting?" Damian asked, noting the rolled up parchment in his hand. As he did, Valon, who had taken refuge in one of Gryphon's large pockets, scrambled up Damian's clothing and perched on his shoulder, begging for him to scratch his head. Damian complied as he waited for Gryphon's answer.

"You bet." He said. "But I have to tell Ajax about it anyway, so may as well wait till then." He said, too which Damian nodded. The two were coming up on the small bit of the group that had gathered at the port so far. Now that they were approaching the group, they immediately took a step or two away from one another, making sure that no one would notice how close they had been. 

"Bridget!" Gryphon exclaimed, calling to the new arrival. "Glad to see you've decided to join us." He said, immediately picking up on the tension that permeated the encounter between herself, Kaitlin, and Ajax. Gryphon shot the wood elf a look, something along the lines that told her to be nice. Not that he had the authority or relationship with Kaitlin to do so, but he had a feeling that having an Alchemist like Bridget around would prove useful. 

Gryphon then moved in to inform Ajax of the small quest he may have found. Telling him of the eccentric quest giver and the sizable amount of silver for what seemed to be an easy quest. Handing Ajax the map, he would let him decide whether or not the group would embark on such a journey. 

---

Mephala was conversing with one of the men that worked on the ferry, her appearance obviously intimidating the man. "There will be a meal provided, I assume." She said, staring down at the man who was noticeably shaking in her presence. "I only eat the most lean of meats and freshest of vegetables. I will have my servants provide you with my menu of choice." She said, snapping her fingers, to which the gnomes grabbed a piece of parchment from her chest and handed it to the sailor.

"Y-y-yes. Y-y-your excellency."  The sailor said, giving a stiff bow before scurrying off. Mephala then returned to the group, again immediately commanding attention from  the majority of them. 

"Oh, you're here are you?" She asked, looking down at the girl that had been chased by the bandits, Bridget. She wasn't all that pretty, so Mephala supposed she wouldn't mind having the girl along. Maybe she would prove to be a better handmaiden than the rest of the group had proven so far. 

"Where did everyone go?" Zinnia wondered having returned to where the group once stood. Unfortunately all she saw was a few bodies littered on the ground. It was obvious a fight a broke out here. As she had left the moment her role had been given to her she hadn't heard that Ajax would be looking for a ship. As such she was unsure of where to go. "Hm...This may be quite the problem." Luckily she didn't have to wait long before a stroke of luck. There was a man stringing a story about a large, four armed woman at the docks with a smaller human male. "Ha, sounds like my crew." Zinnia walked over to the man, and once asking for directions she headed off.

Meanwhile, Ryne observed the interaction between Kaitlin and the gypsy. Bridget, was her name. "So, uh, what kind of race is a Gypsy? I have never heard of them before. It sounds like a delicious dish." Bridget interested Ryne highly. She was going to ask another question, but Mephala arrived and as per usual completely demanded attention on her. Ryne faltered a bit, but hopped back into her stride. 

"Oh yeah! I found some jobs on that bulletin board you told me to check." Ryne happily informed Kaitlin and Ajax. "Here. It's a headache trying to read all these words." She sighed passing off the papers she took and thrusting them into Kaitlin's hands without prior consulting. "There was even an escort mission buried in there some wh-Ah! Sorry this is a shopping list!" Ryne laughed stealing back one of the many sheets she piled onto Kaitlin. 

"Thanks for not leaving me behind." A voice called out to the group. It was Zinnia, approaching with a sheepish look. "Guess I should have waited for all the information before running off." She made a bee-line for Ajax, completely ignoring the wood elf's assistance. "You said two green correct? And don't worry about paying me back, just consider it a friendly favor." She winked.

It was then she noticed an unfamiliar body. Did they add another to the group while she was away? "Who's that?" What she a human? No that couldn't be right. She had a sense of grace, and charm that no human could posses. An elf maybe? If so, then what was with her skin? It was tanned. Realizing she was staring, she politely averted her eyes.

"Is she perhaps a new addition to our party?"

Not even a moment after Bridget step foot onto the boat, her name was called out by the one and only Gryphon. Turning around, she greeted him with a small smile.

"Glad to see you've decided to join us."

"Haha, not quite, my friend. I'm still making my decision, now that I've (kinda) learned what the guild is about," she slipped the word kinda under her breath. "I have business of my own to attend on the island, though, so this'll allow me a small, but better, insight to the guild," she gave him a sheepish smile, hoping that she didn't let him down too much by not joining the guild yet.

As he left to attend some business with the leader, another member approached her, asking what kind of race gypsies were and made a comment about it sounding like a dish.

"A dish? Haha, no. We do make some tasty [acronym=gypsy for food]scran,[/acronym] though," she looked up as her thoughts drifted to the taste of the many meals she had when she was still with the gypsies, her mind not noticing the language slip. "As for a race, that's a no go either. Its a lifestyle." She was going to explain a bit more about the lifestyle of gypsies, but she noticed the guild member had another question on the tip of her tongue, so she decided to let her go ahead and ask it. Before it could be said, though, the beastkin addressed Bridget.

"For the moment, yes. There are some alchemy ingredients I wish to harvest on the island. Plus, this boat ride will help me figure out if I want to join the guild or not." Her voice had a touch of excitement in it as she brought up the need to harvest some ingredients, it was one of her favorite parts of being an alchemist. Her voice, however, sounded a touch plain as she brought up the reason why she decided to take the same boat as the guild was taking. She truly wasn't sure if she wanted to join the group, but she had a sense that fate would give her answer. After all, it did lead her to meeting them.

"A life style?" Ryne repeated just for confirmation. "I see." Upon Bridget's reply to Mephala the young Orc's interest piqued even higher, as did Zinnia who was listening for any information on their new companion. 

"Alchemy? That's so cool!" Ryne's eyes sparkled, "So are all Gypsy's alchemists? Or is it just you?" After a second of staring at Bridget, Ryne's brow creased and her head tilted. "Hey...What race are you then? You feel a bit weird to be honest. I thought maybe it as because you were a gypsy but you said it's not a race...or a dish-" She muttered under her breath as she was really hoping it was. It sounded exotic and delicious to her. "We orcs have a good sense of smell, at least I believe so. Can always sniff out a battle - though I did miss the earlier one- but that's besides the point." Ryne sniffed around Bridget for emphasis, "Are you a human?"

After a bit she stood up straight as she had been slightly bent over after her question, "Ah, na' dats bit-a rude, huh-Guah~!" She froze for a second, "That was a bit rude, ya dun have to answer. Some times my words come out before my brain can catch up to stop me. Hehehe."

"So that makes her an idiot." Zinnia chuckled, sticking a hand on her hip. "But I guess she's an honest idiot."

Kaitlin seemed offended by Bridget's comment. She did have similar goals, but she had ulterior motives. She was about to open her mouth when that Ryne girl piled a a load of paper into her arms. Her face turned a shade of red, but she simply held them. She was cut off from Ajax by the high elf that appeared to be flirting. Lastly, the gypsy was still contemplating weather or not she had intentions of joining. Kaitlyn felt like they were playing a game, and each person was trying to take a turn at the exact same time.

"Maybe I should have been more clear Ryne, you only needed to find one well paying quest." She said with a sigh.

Kaitlyn chose to disregard Bridget's remark, even if it wasn't geared towards her. Turning her attention on to Zinnia who gave Ajax some green crystals for free. Kaitlyn wondered what her motives were for that gift, but honestly, she didn't care enough to bring it up. She instead decided to wait to board a boat. Then Ryne decided to speak again and make a fool out of herself. She would have made a comment on the rudeness of that question, but Kaitlyn was not a hypocrite. She caught the glance from Gryphon and scoffed audibly.

"If I have something to say, I'll say it. Much like Ryne here." She said to him, her tone blunt.

Returning her attention back to the three girls and Ajax, she decided someone else would carry Rynes paper scraps. 

"You, Mephala. I'm sure someone as strong and intelligent as you can sort out whats important and whats not. We can't all be as great as you." She stated, her tone sounding of awe. She held out the stack of paper, ready to throw them in the water if Mephala saw through her bluff.

"The world has changed Sir Alviss," Daphne responded quietly, "we used to be able to cooperate... all the races I mean... band together like brothers, but after the Empyrean Project, the seeds of distrust were sown, and the world changed and the people changed along with it. At least that's what I've read anyway." Though she finished the sentence the way she spoke made the thought feel unfinished.

Finishing her drink Daphne fell behind Alviss as the walked to meet up with the rest of their group. Daphne finally finished her thought.

"I sense a new change coming though. Be it by us, or by others I feel a new change coming... and perhaps... perhaps it will change us for the better Sir Alviss."

-At the Docks-

It seemed that their crew was already boarding the boat by the time Daphne had arrived. She had neglected to purchase anything though considering she was poor as dirt and most of her supplies were in the care of the Archmage anyway.

Once on the boat she ignored all her companions, drowning them out, and stepping to the edge of the boat, staring intently across the bay, feeling that if she stared hard enough she might be able to bring herself and her old master closer. A small smile crossed the young sorceress' face, soon... soon she would see her master again after so long.

Ajax soon was treated to Kaitlyn's condescending regard to Bridgette. Though Ajax didn't seem to know what to make of the gypsy quite yet, he didn't approve of ganging up on her - Kaitlyn's mouth was as ferocious as it got, so ganging up on someone with her would never seem to be right. Nonetheless, her exaggeration was laid down to the gypsy and the wood elf seemed to have no quarrel about making sound as fantastic as possible. Kaitlyn's assumption would turn to be right though. Ajax would correct her on the guild's motives, though first he let Bridgette finish speaking.

Unamused by the notion that she was joking, based upon how sincere she reacted to his slaying of the bandit, Ajax didn't believe that for a second. But it didn't matter too much anyway, so he humoured her and shrugged. "I guess I can't." He stated, before resting his hands behind his head idly. It was then when Bridgette began to respond to Kaitlyn, explaining Gryphon had invited her. Ajax was gonna have to talk to him in private at some point.

Not too soon after, the subject of the group's ideals were, once again, thrown into analysis. Bridgette made a wise regard in the group's intent needing to be one shared with the group. Ajax himself doubted a few people for this. While the likes of the innocent Damian, Gryphon, Ryne and Daphne seemed to be thriving on brilliant morals, Zinnia was all but a mystery, Kaitlyn even more so, and odds were Alviss could just be doing it for the coin anyway. Nontheless, it was here when Ajax corrected Kaitlyn and turned her assumption true.

"I promised we'd try to change the world from what it is now. Anything is better than what it is." Ajax simply stated before watching Bridgette head off to the boat. Soon though, a fellow voice called out for Bridgette. Gryphon and his cousin, Damien, had arrived. Ajax couldn't not me amused at him giving Kaitlyn the look, so Ajax decided to help him out a little. He'd have to talk to Kaitlyn while he was on the boat, too. But, what made Ajax like Gryphon so damn much is how absolutely useful he was, bringing a lucrative mission with a generous reward. Ajax couldn't refuse.

Just about that reminded Ryne to perk up and cough up a stack of paper. Ajax's jaw dropped. She had how many quests? But, that's not it! Shopping lists, advertisements...oh dear goodness. Ajax's eye twitched looking at the painfully large stack of paper shoved into Kaitlyn's hands - of all people to give a large pile of paper too, the fire breathing wood elf was not one of them! Ajax's thought at this point were simply that there'd never be a dull moment with Ryne around, that much was for certain.

Soon, though, a familiar voice called. Ajax turned to and spotted the High Elf, Zinnia. Despite her embarrassed expression she beelined for him and did two things that took him by surprise. Firstly, she handed him two green mana crystals to replenish the supply he'd gone through. Truth be told, Ajax had completely forgotten about them. Secondly, she winked to sweeten the flavour of the friendly favour. Ajax, tucking them away, couldn't not feel flattered. "W-well, thanks a lot Zinnia." Ajax graciously replied, bowing his head somewhat.

Ajax had to stifle a chuckle as he spotted the over-encumbered Kaitlyn, who for the first time had turned red. Ajax couldn't tell if it was from the weight of the stack, or Zinnia's wink. Nontheless, Kaitlyn upped the ante with her typical attitude and threatened to drop the stack. Ajax almost winced painfully, looking to Kaitlyn silently but furiously shaking his head in desperation. She was threatening to through away an unknown, but surely large amount of money. Yet, all of a sudden the stack was...gone?

By the time this all was happening, Alviss simply walked by, took the stack, and boarded the boat with Daphne. "Bloody children." Alviss muttered unamused as he walked with the young mage. The stack of paper was big, but if anyone could hold it, Alviss could. He soon bellowed and demanded a cabin for Daphne and him to work through the papers, but of course they didn't pay extra so were simply refused, which lead to Alviss getting riled up and making empty threats. Eventually he did cool off, but he was pretty ticked about it all.

Ajax's jaw dropped again, before he seemingly winced in pain, holding his head and eyes before pointing to the boat. "Just...just board, everyone, please?" He sounded like he'd had enough. Poor guy.

The boat had parted from the harbour, and the short but steady sailing to Herodotus' land was underway. The sailing, despite navigating the large pikes that shot out from the water, was fairly smooth with minimal rocking about. It was sunset, however, which implied this'd be the last boat sailing for the day. It was well known that the sea had harsher weather, especially around the well-guarded island that belonged to the Archmage. Truth be told, making it this difficult to reach the Archmage seemed to be bad for his business in making a school. Though, then again, his school is a side project to Herodotus' studies, and making this pilgrimage if it can so be called surely implied dedication to the subject of magic.

Ajax had a number of things he wanted to do on the boat. First of all, he really wanted to get to know Gryphon better. The young man seemed to have a resolute of steel and a really good vibe about him. It might also give him a great chance to learn more about the cousin he bodyguards. Secondly, he needed to talk to Kaitlyn again. It was becoming a bad habit, but Ajax enjoyed to challenge her and clash wills. That, and he needed to scold her, if that can be the term to be used, for disrespecting Bridgette as she did. Finally, most importantly, he desperately wanted to thank Zinnia. The high elf may have wiped off the debt, but Ajax's sense of honour bound him to repay her, somehow eventually.

Making his way across the deck Ajax'd try spot one of the three. Catching a glance of Gryphon, Ajax beelined for him with bread in hand as an icebreaker. "Hey, Gryphon." Ajax attempted to catch his attention, walking to his side. If Damien was there Ajax would be civil, give him greetings and the like, but right now his focus was the shirtless hunk. "You seem to have a very strong sense of honour, Gryphon. I like that." Ajax commented before offering him some bread to munch on. After having a bite himself he raised his brows to him. "The quest you gave me, the eccentric fellow...he didn't look...loopy, did he?" Ajax had to ask, he didn't want to be running a madman's errand no matter the prize. No-one could guarantee he'd stick to his word. "Anyway, go over the details with me again. I want to know if you think the quest is worth the bill."

After discussing with Gryphon, getting to know the man, Ajax'd leave him and his cousin as he hunted off to find Kaitlyn. The boat was large, but he eventually managed to find the wood elf. "Kaitlyn?" He asked her attention, wanting to bring her to one side in order to converse with her more privately. If she obliged the sentiment, Ajax would look to her once they had some space. "I reckon you exaggerated a ton, but honestly," He started, before glancing to her with a raised brow. "Are you sure it was wise to even jest our motives? This alchemist may not even stay around for long, she could have valuable knowledge for our enemies should we make any." With a soft sigh he frowned and looked out to the sunset sea view, frowning in thought, before a small smile dawned on his face. "Anyway, no much point going on about that anymore. So, not a fan of paperwork?" A teasing jab, of course.

Zinnia came after Kaitlyn. Ajax searched for the high elf, but really it didn't take too long to find her. Zinnia was dressed head to toe in exotic beauty, befitting her high elven heritage in a very form-fitting way. Eventually finding her he chuckled. "You can say I owe you nothing in return, but I do." Ajax smiled, returning the wink back before sitting by the ship's railing near her. "Where'd you get these? I hope someone didn't rip you off, Zinnia." This in mind, Ajax was curious about Herodotus and Zinnia - did she know of him? "Say Zinnia, what're you thinking about the Archmage? Do you know him, perhaps personally?"

Meanwhile, upon high balcony of Herodotus' tower sat the Archmage alongside another man. In contrast to the Archmage's old visage and platinum blonde hair, the younger man had silvery hair. This young man was Archbishop Francesco. Smiling to the Archmage's stern face, Francesco asked "You look troubled, old friend." which brought no amusement to Herodotus. "What is the matter?" Francesco asked him, his smile turning to a curious gaze as he noted Herodotus' frustration. "Dinner didn't sit well?"

"You know more than well enough why I am troubled, Francesco." Herodotus swiftly stated as he looked over the balcony. "He remains at large. Titania refuses to speak to me anymore." With this he frowned and looked to the Archbishop. "Our people remain scourging against each other, executing clergyman and mage alike in zealous frenzy."

The Archbishop frowned and looked down in acknowledgement. "It is a shame we have to be this way, faux our friendship as bitter rivalry. Please know I am trying my best to calm this bigotr-"

"I know you are, Francesco." Herodotus said as he clenched against the stone of the balcony. "But magic hatred will remain so long as he continues to use it in his foul and wicked ways, and thus there remains little safety beyond the two havens I have created for spellcasters."

Francesco nodded to Herodotus sagely. "I must be going. I hope the one you sought will rid you of this- of him." With this, Herodotus nodded before warping Francesco away to his abode, before holding his hands in his hair with frustration.

We find our heroes now docking onto Herodotus' land, entering what seemed to be a campus of mages practising all sorts of magic. Notably, little to no mana crystals were about, and those that were came from mages practising the harnessing of them. Before them stood Herodotus' tower, as well as the plains and silverwood forests of the island. A secretive haven for magic, all the spellcasters would enjoy a brief euphoric rush of the purity of the mana that flowed through the air. However nightfall, too, was coming soon, as sunset had began by the time the party had docked, as well as the supplies shipped to the island.

"Alright." Ajax muttered, before looking around. "I don't know the rules, but odds are we're gonna be sleeping in the rough tonight. So..." This said he looked to Alviss, who frowned at him, hand littered in papercuts. "Alvis-"

"Oh no you don't." The dwarf stated. "I've done bleemin' enough for today! My hands are knackered, my fingers hurt a pain unheard of, goodness gracious..."

"Well, you did rummage through an ungodly amount of paperwork." Ajax chuckled, shooting Ryne a teasing smile. "You're right, you've done more than a fair share." Looking to Gryphon, Ajax smirked. "Gryphon, are there any places we could camp tonight? Preferably somewhere by a body of water, a spring if you'd know of one. I need to wash these clothes of mine, and I am certain we can get some fresh forage too."

This said, Ajax then glanced to Daphne and Damien. "You two have connections with this place. I'm certain you'll be let indoors. See if we can crash inside, but if not, try get us something for supper? I'm sure a lot of us are quite hungry considering we've skipped dinner."

A loud grumble from Alviss' gut as the dwarf keeled over and ground. "OOOOOH!! WHY'VE YE GONE AND SAID THAT!!!?" He howled, realizing now his stomach was empty.

Ajax, chuckling, glanced to the two mages. "Try make it quick?" After this he drew the attention of the rest. "Everyone else, follow Gryphon. He knows this place better than any of us!"

Kaitlyn was a bit frustrated that Alviss had taken the papers. Now she flattered Mephala for no reason. Nevertheless, it was better him than the water. Still, Kaitlyn grew tired of these shenanigans, as did Ajax. She made sure she boarded the ship first. Kaitlyn had no intention of staying with the other people, as she needed some time without them. Ajax and Gryphon remained the only two she could seek an audience with. She avoided other people too and found an isolated part of the boat. There were a few potted plants there, and suddenly Kaitlyn was furious. She could feel how mistreated they were. Forced to grow in such a confined pot, being under watered at times, then over watered. She took those plants back to her little corner.

Kaitlyn began taking care of the flowers, adding just the right amount of water, and she began to hum a tune. The flowers appeared more lively than ever. It stood straight, the flower petals that had been withering returned to its strong position. She was adjusting the soil when Ajax called out. She bit her tongue and stopped humming abruptly. She turned to him, her face slightly red as he caught her in a different mood.

"Oh-Hello Ajax." She said, quickly regaining her composure. She pushed the plant behind her.

She seemed to leave her tender mood as he spoke. He 'reprimanded' her, so to speak. But he left a question she felt obligated to answer. He was thinking, that was for sure. However, they each had different viewpoints.

"Ajax, I get what you are saying, but let me give you some insight as to my view point. Currently, everybody is the enemy. Is that not what we are trying to change? It would be great if Bridget knew everybody in the world currently, but I doubt she does." She responded.

Kaitlyn was about to try her hand at figuring out the mystery that was Ajax. However, he derailed the subject and made a jab at paperwork. 

"I don't like paper at all actually. Do you know what people do to make it? Its terrible. They cut the tree, then slice it over and over. What if we were to take your friends and slice their legs, then flay their skin?" She responded, sounding slightly irritated. Ajax hit a nerve without even trying.

Still Kaitlyn was adamant at finding out Ajax's true goals. She was doubtful anyone was that determined to change the world. He had to be hiding something. Her first conversation and his little killing act seemed to prove her suspicions.

"So Ajax, I've been wondering. What event has made you act upon this goal of yours?" She asked, trying to find out anything she could about him.

-----------------------

It didn't take her long to dock on the shore. Ajax sent Daphne and Damien to see if they could find them somewhere to sleep, and bring out food. Kaitlyn personally was not that hungry. Still, she ended up laughing as Alviss displayed his hunger. She found it funny that skipping one meal mad him collapse. Still, her awkward and out of character laugh was sure to draw some form of attention. She quickly turned her attention to the trees. She looked back to the group.

"I don't know whats so bad about sleeping out here. I do it all the time." She said, looking back to the trees.

Archived