Damian and Gryphon stood together, staring off the side of the boat. The moment would have been quite romantic had they not been so concerned with the others finding out about their relationship. So, instead, they just enjoyed in silence, a reasonable distance from one another. Gryphon let out a small sigh. This was how things were going to be a for a while, he knew, but it didn't mean he had to like it.

"Incoming." Damian said, taking note of Ajax's approach. Gryphon nodded, having heard his footsteps long before Damian had spotted the man. 

"Ho!" Gryphon greeted the man, wondering what would garner his personal visit with an abundant about of paper to work over. Of course, he supposed that the dwarf could more than handle it on his own. "What can I do for you, friend?" Gryphon asked, Damian standing slightly behind his boyfriend. He offered a hand in greeting to the swordsman, but wasn't about to jump into the heat of conversation. 

"You seem to have a very strong sense of honour, Gryphon. I like that." Ajax complimented him, which actually caught him slightly off guard.

"Well, thank you." He replied, not wanting to add on to the comment in order to avoid sounding boastful. At that moment, Valon poked his head out of one of Gryphon's pants pocket and snatched away the bread that Ajax was offering to Gryphon. "Sorry 'bout that." Gryphon said, giving a chuckle. Ajax didn't seem to mind, actually he seemed quite amused by the situation. 

"Now, the question you gave me, the eccentric fellow...he didn't look...loopy, did he?" Ajax inquired. 

"Loopy? No I wouldn't say so." Gryphon replied, "and I wouldn't worry too much about him being able to pay. He seemed like an honorable man, although, he does have quite the beef with his son, I'd say." Gryphon went into detail about what had happened at the small shop, taking note of the store keep's attitude towards his father and how he didn't appear too happy that Gryphon had been promised such a large sum of money.

"To me, it seems, that the old man runs the shop anyway. Like I said, I'd suppose that the old man has more than enough money to back his claims."

Ajax soon took his leave, no doubt having business with other members of the guild.

"Can you feel it?" Damian asked, breaking the peaceful silence that had resumed upon Ajax's departure. 

"Feel what?" Gryphon asked, perplexed by Damian's question.

"The island. Can't you feel we're getting close." Damian inhaled deeply, obviously able to feel, even from their large distance, the large magical presence that was Herodotus' land.

---

As the guild docked, Gryphon wasn't surprised to be tasked with finding a place to sleep. However, he was about to suggest that maybe Damian would be able to get them room indoors, but just as he did Ajax addressed both Damian and Daphne about that exact manner. It wasn't that Gryphon wanted to sleep inside, in fact, he would much rather spend the night beneath the stars, but giving Damian a chance to prove his usefulness would be essential for him to gain the respect of the other guild members. 

"Follow me, everybody!" Gryphon proclaimed, as he gave his "cousin" a wink. At the very least, he would take them on a tour of the land. 

Leading the group off the cobbled path that led to the main building of the island, he directed them across a few grassy hills and before long the sight of a bubbling spring came into sight. "That," Gryphon began, "is what a lot of the younger students call the Demon's Door." He said. After getting a few questioning looks and even one frightful stare, he further explained the name. "No one truly knows where the heat comes from, and there is a legend that one of the students were pulled down into the depths of the spring and his body was never found." Gryphon chuckled at the ridiculous notion. "Some believe that at the bottom of the spring there is actually a path to Hell." Still some members of the guild looked a little wary. "I wouldn't put much stock in that though, I've taken many a swims in that water. There isn't anything demonic about the place."

Moving closer, the group would note that the spring actually fed off into a small stream that led into a grove of silverwood trees. Gryphon never had been able to piece together how the spring was kept at a constant water level if it was the source of the small river, but he had learned not to question things that seemed impossible. On this island, what with the abundant source of mana in the air, the impossible came to be expected. 

"I suppose that if they can't get us a room inside, that this would be a perfect place to set up camp."

---

Having split up from the rest of the group, Damian now walked with Daphne to talk to the master of the island Herodotus himself. Damian felt slightly awkward around her. She had caught him earlier in the day with Gryphon, of course she probably didn't know the details of anything, but still, she was the biggest threat to his secret.

Before long, they had reached the point where Herodotus stood with the Archbishop. Damian didn't say a word, instead simply bowing his head as he took a knee. He had no doubt that Herodotus had sensed their approach. He would wait for him to say something instead. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zinnia was quite pleased with herself, the reaction she managed to extract from Ajax. Though she didn't mean anything secretive from the wink, she did like to poke fun when the opportunity arises. Though, just like many of the group, she too found Ajax an interesting individual. It wouldn't hurt to be friendly now would it? Moments later, Alviss arrived taking a large stack of papers from Kaitlin -why she had those was a mystery. Though considering Kaitlin was a wood elf, maybe she took all the paper she could find and give it back to the trees or something. With a shrug she followed behind the rest as Ajax ushered them all onto the boat. 

Upon boarding the boat Ryne was looking for a spot to do something that she had been looking forward to all day...A nap! She was a very simple creature, as she was clearing showing. Though quite a chaotic in her own rights, it was never by any ill intention for those who happened to be involved. Just as she found the perfect spot she heard the grumbling of a dwarf. Jabbing a finger to her lip, the memory of him snatching the papers from Kaitlin emerged. Perhaps she should help. She didn't exactly read all of them. After a while of reading common tongue all the words began to mix together so she just decided to take all of them. Thinking more about it, she began to feel bad. "Perhaps I should help...It was after all my mess." 

So with that in mind she took off after Alviss, and upon finding him, maybe with Daphne in company, she grinned. "Well hey there Alviss. Thought I should help ya, since I was the one who found them all!" Ryne grinned proud of all the potential jobs she found. 

Meanwhile, Zinnia found herself leaning against the side of the ship enjoying the breeze. It had been a while since she traveled by boat, but the calm relaxing feeling was not lost on her. Of all things Zinnia turely enjoyed sea travels. It was a leisurely act, and helped ease the mind if troubled. Zinnia filled her lungs with the sea breeze a serene smile gracing her features. Her solitude didn't live much longer as a voice sounded behind her.

"You can say I owe you nothing in return, but I do." It was Ajax, walking up beside her and returning her wink with one of his own. Her smile gradually grew wider. 

"While I wish you wouldn't feel obligated to return the favor, I am not one to object if you are so adamant about it." A giggle followed. Ajax seemed to be very honor bound, his code encouraging him to repay her when he eventually could. She could tell by his face when receiving the crystals that he had forgotten his own request, and it was like she said. She won't object to the repayment, and if it quelled his honor then who was she to deny that. "Perhaps you will let me cook one day for the group!" Zinnia suddenly exclaimed eyes alight with hope. "I've been practicing this new recipe and I think I've got it down." 

Whatever his answer was, his next question was where she acquired the crystals and his hope that she wasn't ripped off. Her response was a reassuring smile, "Haha, trust me I rarely get ripped off when it comes to shopping deals. Most men are easily swayed by feminine charms," At this she tucked her chocolate hair behind her, pointed elf ears, "-and for those times when a bit of a rough touch is necessary I can that handled as well. As for where I purchased them, it was a quaint little store that held quite the variety. The Great Haul was the name I believe."

His next question was on her opinion of the archmage they were heading to see. With this her smile digressed into a frown. "My opinion of the Archmage...I suppose he is a...Fine man. Of course I have heard of him before. Only one who was as daft a Ryne couldn't possibly be unaware. I have seen him twice, but have only spoken to him once. We just happened to meet, and it wasn't a particularly long conversation. Not from what I remember at least. This meeting had been a while ago anyhow. He probably has no memory of me." The reminiscing ended there, as Zinnia didn't have much more to say on the Archmage. Though she wasn't lying, it was clear there was more to her story. 

Zinnia's smile returned, and with it an arch of her brow in jest. "Here I am speaking about myself. What about yourself? I'm more than interested in hearing your thoughts. More so than Herodotus, the entire reason for this quest. Is it really just to change the kingdom as you so claim?"

Whether or not their conversation continued, eventually the boat docked in Herodotus' land. Ajax began to give the game plan. It was getting late so shelter, and hopefully food was some where on that list of his. Thankfully it was, but after an expectant look to Alviss, whom adamantly refused after having been put to work all day filing papers - Ryne just grinned bashfully with a small 'I tried to help' but was probably ignored - the job of hopefully finding a place to rest and food was given to Damien and Daphne who knew the area best. 

If the shelter couldn't be secured then their humble abode would be the earth itself. Hearing that Zinnia sighed, jutting her hip out and crossing her arms. It was clear that Zinnia was slightly put off of having to sleep outside. When she was on her own she avoided the possibility as often as possible. Soon after Damien and Daphne left, and Gryphon was tasked to showing the group around. Zinnia guessed it was a good way to pass the time. She just hoped that the other two would be successful in securing a...Well...Less primitive sleeping arrangement.

"Alchemy? That's so cool! So are all Gypsy's alchemists? Or is it just you?"

Bridget let out a small, quiet, chuckle, enjoying the excitement the guild member had as she bombarded her with questions. She opened her mouth to answer, but the member began to ask more questions again. This time, it was about her race. She had to stifle a laugh, as the member began to sniff her, before she could give an answer to those questions as well. And once more, as she opened her mouth to talk, the member realized she was being rude and apologized, saying she didn't have to answer that question. Shaking her head slightly as she smiled, she was finally able to get a word in.

"No, no, it's quite alright that you asked that. You mean no harm by asking it. As for alchemy and gypsies, I'd imagine I'm just about the only one of my kind. I was gypsy for the early part of my years, a druid for most of my teenage years and until 3 years ago, I studied to be an alchemist. Now, I'm a traveling alchemist, helping those I can. Gypsy, druid and alchemist all titles I don't mind being called." She then let out a small giggle as she looked to the guild member, Ryne, "And don't worry about words slipping out of your mouth, I have that issue too." She let out another giggle, knowing that she was going to get along just fine with Ryne. Though, she would have to ask Ryne by what she meant when she said 'We orcs have a good sense of smell' on a later date. For now, it didn't bother her too much.

Not a few moments later, the leader decided it was time for the group to board and finally be on their way to the island. Walking to the back of the boat, where it was open the most, she took her knapsack off and placed it on a seat on the starboard side, a small rattle of glass clanging together sounded from it. She wasn't bothered by the sound, she could tell from the noise that nothing broke and that it was the typical rattle it gave off. Instead, her attention was on the pikes they would pass. She didn't worry about the ship crashing into them, instead, her thoughts were on the possibility of seeing any shellfish on the pikes. If she was able to see a good amount on them as she passed, then she had hopes for an easy harvest of them on the island. If not? Well, that was something she pushed to the back of her mind. The boat had been sailing for a few minutes by now, the pikes still a ways away, so she decided now would be a good time to get know the group a bit better. Or at least learn some names, if she was lucky. Turning to the majority of the group, she gave a slight bow as she began to re-introduce herself, "For those who have missed it, my name is Bridget. So far, its been a pleasure meeting you lot."

For the rest of the boat ride, she simply returned to watching the waves roll pass them until they finally docked on the island. Following the group off of the boat, she didn't pay too much attention to the game plan the leader had in mind. She highly doubted she'd be allowed to tag along with them for food and shelter and she was fine with that. Instead, she spent those few short moments concentrating on her hands as they cupped together, manipulating the mana in the air. Once she thought she had enough mana, she willed it into fire, a large burst of flame puffing out from her skyward hands. The fire had been larger than she anticipated and quickly ducked her head back, avoiding the flames. Blinking a bit, as eyes drew to her, she let out a hearty laugh. "Ahhh, just another reason why I love this island. It's so much easier to use mana here," she stated with glee as she wiped off any soot that was on her face. With that said and done, Gryphon took the group on a tour, one she wanted to partake in. Even though she had been on the island a few times, she never got a proper tour so it was nice to learn a few tidbits of local lore.

Once the tour seemed to have come to an end at a spot where they would camp, if the group couldn't pull enough strings, Bridget looked to the group and said, "Well, I'm going to harvest some shellfish and catch a few fish for my dinner. Anyone want to join in, just in case you guys can't get food and shelter within the tower? I'll even cook it! And trust me, you don't wanna miss out on my cooking!" She let out a small laugh before she looked to the group with expectant eyes, hoping that at least one or two volunteers would step up to the offer. If not? Oh well, it was their loss.

Ajax, content that Gryphon did indeed have the spot, nodded to what the Young Man said. This spot would be ideal for camping out for the evening. To Ajax's knowledge, this island was bandit and beast-free as mages would see to their end nonetheless. With this reassuring fact in mind Ajax smiled to the rest of the crew. "Well that is a camp sorted out. Now we just need food, really." This lead Ajax to think that, once they landed back on the mainland, he would have to ensure rations would be purchased. He was a little disappointed in himself forgetting such an essential, but after tonight he figured that'd never again be the case. He was even considering going to the gypsy for food if she was lucky, but for now he wanted to wait and see if he needed to swallow his pride.

"Everyone, relax a little. We'll wait for them to show up." Ajax stated as he proceeded to sit into the bark of a tree patiently. Briefly he glanced over to Kaitlyn, recalling his conversation earlier with her. She'd asked him what event made him start this initiative. What he told her in turn was that, in truth, no single event could be the cause. Rather, it was a large group of events that, in their entirety, contributed to him leading this front against the dwindling notion of society. With this in mind, he knew he had to figure out more about her before she dug any deeper into his own being.

Zinnia then caught his mind when she regarded him, on the boat, asking him his reasoning to partake in this quest. To her, Ajax gave the same answer to Kaitlyn. There was not one lone reason Ajax wished to make this grave change through whatever means he could. Not one lone reason should ever be reason enough to suggest such a large impact on society to his knowledge.

With a deep breath, Ajax then sat up and took off his coat, bringing it over to the spring. He said he was going to wash his clothes and he meant it, bringing the coat into the spring water as he began to grind it against its fabric, working out stains and washing away the musk of sweat that it bore. "It may be best if one of us goes off to see if they're lucky or not. We shouldn't wait here for too long. Can someone go see if they've got us arrangements and report back to us? Everyone else, set up lightly. We should be prepared."

Alviss, too sat against tree bark, grumbled as he looked over for Ryne. "Oi, lass c'mere." He asked, before taking out a large pile of paper, sitting it on the floor. "These are advertisements, shopping lists, anything that we do not need basically." With this said, he took out a significantly smaller, but significant pile nonetheless. "These, however, are quests we'd be interested in." He informed her before chuckling. "The big pile, we can use that for tinder, keep a fire going. This small pile, however, needs a good look through. But..." Alviss promptly yawned. "...I'm knackered and I am not doin' another thing until my stomach is full and my eyes are shut."

Meanwhile, Damien and Daphne would find themselves at Herodotus' balcony, before the Archmage who's hands were holding his head in frustration. After a moment of deep breathing, he turned to the two and put on a smile - he was much too burdened to be truly happy - as he spoke. "I received your letter Damien. If you wish, you may stay here and return to your studies rather than join this band of adventurers, though Gryphon surely would appreciate your comradeship." That said, he looked to Daphne with a somewhat more sincere smile as he opened his arms offering her a hug.

"Welcome home." Herodotus stated, before glancing to the pair of them. "It is getting late. You both do have your rooms in good condition should you wish to sleep." He notably did not say a single thing as to the others' regarding sleeping arrangements.

Damien rocked nervously on his feet, obviously working up the nerve to ask Herodotus for a favor. "Listen..." Damian began, having rose from his kneeling position. "...we were wondering if p-p-perhaps, we could p-possibly s-s-sleep in th-the G-g-great Hall." Damian finally sputtered out. It was one of the best equipped areas for the group to sleep. It wouldn't have any beds of course, but there would be enough room for the group to lay out some sleeping mats and be in away from the weather. "And, maybe...um, we could, if you don't mind sir, f-f-finish up any l-leftovers y-y-your kitchen h-has from s-s-supper?" He squeaked out, obviously incredibly nervous at asking for such a favor. He would leave it to Daphne to  ask anything else of the Archmage. Undoubtedly, Ajax would want to speak with the man, he could only hope that Daphne would take such initiative to ask for he didn't think he could muster up anymore courage to talk. And yet still, he had left a part of the Archmage's generosity unanswered. 

Would he opt to stay here or go with the adventurers? Gryphon, no doubt, would want to travel with the guild, but Damian also knew that the Beast Mage would stay with Damian if he asked. However, Gryphon had already given up so much to stay with Damian, he didn't want to ask anything more of his partner. "And...um, I think, I'll ch-ch-choose to st-stay w-with the guild...for the t-t-time being, sir." 

Daphne was startlex out of her day dreaming by Alviss' request for her help in sorting the guild papers. She waited while he unsuccessfully attempted to heckle for a room for them to sort the papers though, without the money to pay for it though, they were forced to sort the papers out on the deck. Daphne sorted the papers first by what category they were, and then the missions by how lucrative they were. By the time they reached Herodotus' land she had finished.

Daphne hardly needed Ajax's encouragement to go see her old Master straight away. She practically ran to the main building, so eager to see Herodotus.

She arrived as he was warping the Archbishop away, and hardly waited to through herself into his arms. Squeezing the Archmage tightly the small mage nearly weeped with happiness. She stood by quietly while Damien explained the situation.

As they were leaving Daphne hung behind turning to her old master.

"Master, do you think perhaps after I have retrieved my equipment, we could speak?" Daphne asked somewhat shyly, "I haven't been here for a while, and it would quite nice to catch up if you will?"

With a soft, tender smile, Herodotus tenderly hugged and pet Daphne's hair, clearly aware of how long she'd missed him by how tightly she was holding him. This certainly warmed Herodotus' heart somewhat. Initially the Archmage was turning down aid for those who weren't his students during the night. With recent events he attempted to hide and cloak to ease the hearts of others, Herodotus' priority was on the safety of his school and all its inhabitants. Yet Daphne's charm managed to get something out of the great wizard.

Looking to Damien, Herodotus shook his head to the notion of letting the party sleep in the Grand Hall. "I am afraid I cannot allow anyone to take residence in the Grand Hall, Damien. Examination starts early, and I will not let them be hindered nor postponed for strangers, under any circumstances." Glancing over to the forest, however, he took a deep breath and a leap of faith when he said "However, leftovers are not sufficient to feed a large party like yours'. Go to the kitchens, Damien, and take what you can find spare. We've just had another shipment of supplies anyway, a dinner's worth will hardly go missing." Smiling softly to the boy as his hand ran through the tender girls' hair he nudged his head as it to say "Off you go.", before returning his attention to the one student who broke past the usual relationship he had, his pseudo-daughter in Daphne.

"Yes, yes we can get your equipment Daphne." Herodotus stated before walking into his chambers, sitting behind his desk as he began to write some letters. Smiling to his young apprentice he asked "But first let's catch up - how has it been, your first few days away from here?"

Damian nodded, he had forgotten about examinations. This was the time of year where the Archmage began to test those that would graduate from the school of magic he had established on the island. Leaving Daphne and the Archmage alone, he walked to the kitchen where various members of the staff went about their business. Opting not to disturb them, as he knew that the chefs had quite a temper when interrupted, he made his way to the pantry. 

Grabbing a good number of non-perishable items he collected them in a pile on the floor. He figured that they may need supplies for the journey, and figured that Herodotus wouldn't mind. Next, he went to where the recently slaughtered animals were kept. Grabbing a the carcass of a large hog, he thought that it would make an excellent dinner for the group. Grabbing a few more odds and ends, he had amounted quite a large bit of food.

Placing it all on the pile, he pulled a small piece of chalk from his robes. Drawing a circle around the pile, he began to inscribe runes across its circumference. When he finished he began to harness the mana in the air, even indoors the large amount of mana on the island was extensive. There was a great flash of light as the pile of food disappeared, quickly followed by Damian.

A moment later, they reappeared in the center of the guild's camp. "H-h-hopefully th-this will do." He stuttered out. 

Daphne stood silently beside Herodotus silently while he spoke to Damian deciding the fate of their party. She knew, even when Herodotus sighed, and seemed unsure that he would allow them to stay.

"Oh, Master," Daphne sighed standing in front of Herodotus' desk, "I thought after I left you... I... I didn't know what to do!" Daphne laughed shakily. "It was so scary being out of your care, I feared the church constantly... and... money was so difficult to come by." The young magician hugged herself remembering the first few days of her journey. "Once I arrived in Hamson though, and I found the Questers' Rest... it was... it was wonderful!"

Daphne rocked back on her heels slightly, reminiscing on how safe she'd felt when she'd finally reached the Questers' Rest.

"The owners, they took me in, and I worked as a maid, which is were I got this outfit from," Daphne giggled slightly, "they gave me a gave me a comfortable room, and my parents even come to visit me regularly. It really is wonderful Master."

Daphne's bright eyes suddenly turned sad as she remembered how sad her Master had looked when they'd first come in to his chambers.

"Master..." Daphne sighed, "something troubles you... you don't have to keep anything hidden from me."

Herodotus smiled as he watched his little apprentice tell him her tales, nodding softly with sympathetic eyes. His little cherub was realizing the harshness of the world, which was the idea behind his reasoning to send her away. Daphne's heart was pure golden, but she too was naive before Herodotus had her go explore the world. Though she had only experienced a little hardship, at least she would know that the world outside of family's walls were ruthlessly fair to everyone.

Smiling softly, though, Herodotus couldn't not be happy she had a good time. "It is a very cute dress, my dear." Herodotus smiled softly as he watched her. "Of course, you do still have your robes, do you not?"

Soon though, and to no surprise Daphne soon deciphered Herodotus' guise. Indeed she must have noticed his worry when they saw the Archbishop leave. While he could not tell Daphne his true relationship with said figure, considering the atrocious reputation the clergy and the sorcerers had for each other, however he could tell her what burdened his heart so heavily. Indeed, she asked for his troubles, and his troubles he would share.

"Oh, sweet Daphne..." Herodotus muttered, petting her hand softly. "You do recall the rumours, of inquisitors of the clergy taking mages outside of my..."domain"...and bringing them in for questioning, and the like?" Questioning her he sighed softly. "Matters are...quite more morbid than that, sweet Daphne. But it isn't just that..." Looking to her sternly he stated "Priests and wizards shed blood over this stupid debate, of the tainted reputation magic now wears..."

Standing up, he walked once again over to the balcony, looking from his tower over his island, then out into the distance. "As long as the Lord of Crows still uses Elysium magic, and commits his crimes with his dark mages haunting Cornucopia, any prospecting wizard will face the wrath of the clergy. I know it is wrong to wish death upon someone, but..."

Wincing, Herodotus almost shed a tear. The Lord of Crows was an individual who clearly had made such an impact on the Archmage as to make him break his core morality. "As long as the Lord of Crows lives, innocent mages will die, and I cannot allow that." This might shed some light on why Herodotus sought out the company Ajax led - he could never leave his island unprotected from inquisition, but needed the threat of the Lord of Crows ended.

Meanwhile, we find the guilds' camp having a hog and some bags of food supplies appear in its centre. Alviss rubbed his eyes in surprise, before chuckling happily as Damian soon followed. "You hope!? Boy-o, this will do us plenty! You blimmin' got us a hog!" He almost began to tear up looking at the mountain of supplies, delicious food in bounties thanks to the young mages' work. "Right! I will get working on a fire and a spit so we can roast this fat piggy! Anyone else want to lend a hand?" The dwarf was clearly now in his element, as alongside Gryphon the two went around collecting any dead silvertree leaves and branches, piling them up into a stone pit.

Ajax, meanwhile, was still making way about washing his cloak, smiling as he watched the camp brim with life. Muttering to himself he said "Well done Damian. You couldn't get us rooms, but you got us supplies for a good week or two." This said he smiled as he finished his coat, before hanging the thing up by a branch to let it dry out for the evening. Close enough to the fire, fortunately, so it would dry faster, but wouldn't wet out the flames.

Alviss, looking to the coat, glanced back at Ajax in confusion. "Boy, what good'll it do you washing them if you're gonna end up getting them dirty again?" Soon after, his brow raised as Ajax bore his chest, getting back to the poolside again to wash it. The bare chest of the Bahadúr boy notably bore a few scars,large lashings against the back.

Looking over his broad, lean shoulder, Ajax chuckled. "This spring is too much of a blessing not to take advantage of, Alviss. I'm washing everything of mine I can." Alviss chuckled to the notion, jesting the idea that Ajax was going to wash his trousers, boots and all. The rather flat yet stunned face of the dwarf was quite humorous to an onlooker when Ajax confirmed the joke as truth. Indeed, once Ajax had hung up his shirt to dry, he marched back to the spring, this time jumping into the waters standing at the bank, before undoing his belt and making work to washing his trousers and boxers.

Alviss, looking a little dumbfounded at Ajax, simply turned away. "Enjoy your bath, boy." Alviss stated. "I'll cook this 'ere dinner then." Waving off the young man Alviss turned his attention back to the pig. Indeed, goring the pig on a metal rod, he began to spitroast the meaty hog, chuckling as he watched it cook. He was also content that Damian had salted the meat, it would last longer being preserved as such.

Ajax, however, after washing the trousers and boots, set them aside as he simply relaxed into the pool of the spring, working on washing himself. With a chuckle he looked back to the group. "The water is warm guys, don't be shy."

After having been waiting for a while now the odds weren't looking that well in their favor. Zinnia could foresee that they would be forced to camp out in the woods. With an audible sigh he prepared herself to get ready for a rough night. To be honest Zinnia did believe that camping out was comfortable and relaxing in it's own way. Even so, she would rather a bed to having to sleep in the open. A few moments later Damien returned with plenty of food to last the group quite a while. Well at least they wouldn't have to go hungry on top of sleeping outside. It seemed that they would be having pork that night. At the sight Alviss sprung into action his familiarity giving him full reigns over dinner. Zinnia perked when Alviss asked if anyone wanted to help. True Alviss was as true a dwarf as they came, and Zinnia wasn't overly fond of their nature, she was too enthralled in the thought of being able to cook. "If you would like I'll help." She stood up, "Only if to have something to occupy myself with."

It was around then Ajax returned after having washing his jacket. That cued some friendly banter between him and Alviss. Soon Ajax would finish cleaning his clothes and then soaking int he pool. At his invite to join, Zinnia turned red and didn't reply but Ryne jumped at the idea. "Yeah, hey Zinnia let' go soak!"

"There is no way I'm bathing with there are males present."

"What's so bad about that? I mean they gotta get clean too." Ryne laughed not at all getting Zinnia's problem.

Zinnia sighed, rubbing her temples, "Trying to explain this to someone as unrefined, and airheaded as you would be pointless. I mean even you must have some dignity and modesty-"

"Kaitlin you should come too. I bet you're all sweaty with those clothes on." 

Zinnia frowned at being ignored. Well it's not like it mattered to her what Ryne did anyway. As for Ryne, whether or not she was granted a response she ditched her clothes, save for her undergarments, and leaped into the water.

"Ahhh~ This is great. Me and pa used to bathe together all the time. Though he hated washing, said it was a waste of time." Ryne spoke to Ajax. "But ya know we Orcs can get kinda stinky if we don't wash for a while. Once there was this huge fight and everyone got so involved that it was a full 2 week before anyone washed." She laughed happily as if remembering good times. She smiled at Ajax, scooting closer to him simply for the sake of conversation. "So tell me, where did you get those scars? Did you get them in battle?"

"Does she have no sense of morality?" Zinnia muttered as she shook her head.

"I see..." Daphne murmured in a quiet voice, even the mere mention of the Inquisitors made the scars on her back itch, "will the death of this Lord of Crows really bring an end to the blood shed between us and church. Though I am loath to admit it both of us have left our marks on each other," Daphne said sadly, and then in an even quieter voice, "I know as well as anyone, deep wounds never fully heal."

"It seems this Lord of Crows causes trouble for more than just yourself, though," Daphne chewed her lip. On one hand it pained her to see her Master in such a state. Yet on the other hand, murder was not something one took lightly, and for Daphne especially killing another person, another mage especially, was a hard prospect for her to swallow even if it was for her Master.

"I take then... that you wish for us... to... to," Daphne breath deeply steeling herself, "to kill this Lord of Crows, then?" Daphne already knew what the answer would be before her Master even said it, yet she could only keep the futile hope in her heart that it would be different from what she expected.

Seeing that no one was jumping at the chance to go with her to catch some food, she simply made a small shrug as she made her way to the silverwood forest line.

"Welp, I'll be within earshot should anyone need me," she stated as she gathered up some sticks and vines that she needed in order to catch some food. With a small wave to the group, she made her way to a small rock beach to start fishing.

Some time later, just after Damian returned with food, Bridget returned with her own food. In her right hand was her jacket, bundled up a bit in order to carry the food she caught. In her left had was a fishing spear and a small net she had fashioned, saving them just in case they were going to be needed. Seeing Damian and the food he brought, she let out a smile.

"I'm glad you guys were able to get some food! There wasn't too much out at the rock beach tonight." She doubt anyone would have heard her, given the hustle and bustle that was happening now that food arrived.

Letting out another shrug, she tossed her fishing equipment towards the stone beach before making her way into the camp. Finding a spot near the main fire, but out of everyone's way, she set down her knapsack and her jacket. As she let go of her jacket, it opened up to reveal 2, 12" [acronym=already gutted and cleaned]fish[/acronym], [acronym=who's body was the size of her palm]one crab[/acronym] and a handful of muscles that were the size of Alviss' thumb. From there, Bridget began to make her own fire pit in a ring formation. With the stones and twigs in place, she reached into her knapsack and revealed her stone mortar that was 10" wide and 12" [acronym=14" if you include the base]tall[/acronym]. Placing it in the opening of the ring, she poured some water into from her canteen and flavored it with some of her seasoning. From there, she finally lit her fire and set her fish up to start roasting.

As she got her fire going and dinner cooking, she couldn't help but giggle a little at the banter Alviss and Ajax were having. Ajax did have a point, though, that spring was a great place to bathe in and wash clothes. Especially if your clothes were wet from sea water, like hers. Adding a few bits of wood to her fire, she decided now would be a good time to wash her clothes since there wasn't much else she could do with her dinner at the moment.

Setting the crab and muscles aside, she grabbed her jacket as she made her way to spring, getting there just as Ajax began to soak in the spring, soon followed by Ryne. Instead of using the spring itself, she decided to use the run off that made a river to clean her clothes since the two were bathing. As she knelt by the spring, she took of her shirt, shoes, gloves and shirt, leaving only her [acronym=that were about the size of mini-shorts]underwear[/acronym] and cloth wrappings, she used as a bra of sort, on her and began washing everything.

She had just finished washing her jacket when Ryne asked about Ajax's scars. Even though was interested in the story herself, she gave Ajax an out from the question, if he wanted it, by asking Ryne, "So, uh, what caused the 2 week-long fight? Were you in it?"

As Ryne was waiting for Ajax to answer her question she noticed Bridget join them, and smiled glad that she wasn't the only one who decided that a soak would be nice. Although, it seemed the gypsy came over with her own questions, having asked Ryne what was the cause of the 2 week long fight and if she had any role in it. "Of course I was!" Ryne exclaimed. "That's how I got this." She raised her leg to show them a scar that traveled up the length of her calf. "That is my little brother's handy work. I didn't think he had it in him." The look on her face said she was proud rather than angry as most people would be. "Oh, but don't worry! I made sure to pay him back 10 fold." She reassured.

"As for the cause of the fight, it was actually started by two people." Ryne placed a finger under her chin trying to remember. "I think they were arguing over who won a previous fight between them. One of them swung and hit someone who was walking by. They got angry and charged at the guy who hit him, but he missed and ran into a shop. The people in there got mad and slowly the fight spread through the town. Old grudges were brought up between people. Even my family were wrapped up in it." She stopped speaking and began chuckling evily a dark smirk over coming her features, "That'll teach that old man of mine to eat the last piece of stake. Couldn't use that hand for a week afterwards."

Shaking herself out of it she laughed, "Of course after the fight everything was well again. I mean, we get into fights sometimes but mainly it's for exercise. I think having brawls between neighbors help keep the tensions down. We even had this huge feast in the town. Well, once everyone healed up enough, haha." She added on at the end.

Petting Daphne's hand, Herodotus looked down as he listened to her sad and quiet voice. He hated her being in this state of heartache. She did ask for the truth but it was times like these when he regretted such. Nontheless he listened to her as she questioned the idea, before nodding somewhat. "The Lord of Crows is the head of the beast. I simply pray that beheading the beast will stop our side from causing bloodshed. The church...will take time..."

Looking to Daphne he sighed. He didn't want to ruin her innocence yet. He needed to end this wicked wizard's magic, but he had no warrant for the Lord of Crows' head. He couldn't acquire such. The Lord of Crows, though a wicked man, ruled over Coronis with an iron fist, kept his town alive and running. The Council within Hamson hadn't taken action against him yet for these reasons. But Herodotus couldn't let this go on. Yet, would he let his darling apprentice take the fall?

With a sigh, Herodotus looked to Daphne. "Murder should be a last resort. I fear, though, he will not take kind to diplomatic measures..." Herodotus scratched his chin in thought, before humming in deep contemplation. "Perhaps try to capture him. If he is caught and brought before the Order, I am certain they would lawfully deal with the criminal. But...if it seems implausible to do so...I will do my best to wash you and your parties' hands clean of the incident but whatever means necessary." Though indirect and having given her options, Herodotus had confirmed to Daphne that he wanted the Lord of Crows dead.

Once again petting her hand he smiled weakly. "You should go to your party, my sweet child. They might be cooking dinner. Damien did take a whole hog." That said, Herodotus moved over to a trunk, which indeed held her goods and weapons. "You'll be needing these again." He commented. "While that waitress attire is adorable, your robes enhance your magic."

After this, though, Herodotus frowned in thought almost hesitant, before handing her a peculiar tome, bound in what seemed to be frozen chains. "This is my Grimoire. Frozen chains at the moment. Keep this with you." With a chuckle he stroked the book which seemed to be a silent as a corpse. "You might notice the teeth..." Herodotus stated. "It has a mouth, and it can consume magic. It is a perfect magic shield in that sense, so long as the spell shouldn't be overwhelmingly large of course. But it you order it to, it will draw and consume blood. I want you to read this tonight, you'll learn a number of spells that I fear you may need to use."

Alviss wasn't fond of Zinnia's help with cooking. She was an elf. Ugh...it wasn't ideal, but then again Alviss would admit that an elf, especially a high elf, would be able to provide a nice sense of cultured cuisine to the pork. As such he looked to her as Ajax went to go have a soak. While he understood Zinnia's point, his refusal was down to a much simpler reason, simple envy. Ajax, a young, strapping, and handsome man with a lean, cut figure, would simply outshine Alviss when in a pool with a number of beautiful women. As soon as Ajax was done Alviss might have a dip, but he had no intention to compete when he hadn't a chance. 

Ajax, smiling weakly to Ryne, nodded to her softly. "Well..." He started, before Bridget somewhat derailed and delayed the need for him to answer the origin of his scars. She saved him by incurring Ryne to go on a rant, with which Ajax gave Bridget a nod and smile as if to say thank you in a sense. While not yet revealed, the origin of Ajax's scars were as scarring to him as they were to his body. Still, they did make him look hench as hell.

Setting an arm over the bank behind Ryne, Ajax smiled to Zinnia. "Come on Zinnia, the water is warm, great, and clean. Surely you'd want to wash your garbs, right?" With this he then raised his brow with a smirk. "Or is that cleavage shot in your dress implying you're topless underneath that dress of yours'? Care to prove me wrong?" Chuckling he teased her, throwing quite the gauntlet, before relaxing back into the water, grumbling and groaning with pleasure as the water took any of his aches away. Glancing to Bridget he smiled. "Come bathe with us then. Ryne won't bite." With a soft chuckle he also called out for Kaitlyn too.

Looking to Zinnia, Alviss asked "We need salt to preserve the hog, but other than that what're we adding to it?" After a while, hearing Ajax, he chuckled and shook his head, nudging Zinnia. "I'm shocked that such a high and mighty elf like you would want to bask in her sweat and ilk." Though Ajax's comment did somewhat highlight the opening in Zinnia's dress and Alviss couldn't help himself looking. She did seem topless under that thing. Looking over to Bridget Alviss asked "Oi! Gypo! Do you want any of this pork? We've got plenty!"

Bridget listened to Ryne's story as she washed her pants in the river. It was strange how easily everything escalated, but she had heard and seen stranger things. While Ryne went on about her story, she noticed Ajax giving her a nod as a silent thanks. Nodding back at him, she wrung out the water from her pants as Ryne became scary for a moment, mumbling about an old man taking her food or whatever. Slowly leaning over towards Ajax, her eyes on Ryne, she whispered to him, "Remind me to never eat her food." She then looked him with a "I'm serious about that" look as Ryne returned to normal.

As Ryne finished up her story, Bridget had pretty much finished washing the rest of her clothes, thanks to fact that they were small articles of clothing. Walking over to a tree to hang her clothes, she made a comment on Ryne's story, "Well, I suppose that's one way for a town to work things out and start anew. When I lived with the gypsies, we lived with the policy to be honest with each other and to work things out instead of holding grudges. And trust me.. It was so exhausting. Yeah, honesty is nice and all, but to do it all the time and immediately work out any issues that arrived because it.. It got old really, really, fast."

With that said, Bridget concentrated on hanging her clothes up to dry over night, except for her pants. She set those up to dry by her fire so she could wear them later on. She then placed the crab and muscles into the now boiling water that was in her mortar. She was checking on the fish when she heard Ajax inviting her into the spring. Looking back at him with a half-smile, half-smirk, she teased him just a bit by saying, "It looks like someone's had a change in tune about me." She stuck her tongue out a bit at him, chuckling a little bit.

"Anyways, I'll be over there in a moment," she told him as she pulled up one of her fish-on-a-stick from the ground. Before she headed over to the spring, however, Alviss addressed her. "Gypo? That's a new one. Haha. Anyways, I might end up having some. I'll probably be full from what I caught, though, so I guess we'll have to see. In the meanwhile, everyone's welcomed to snacking on my fish while the hog cooks. This one's for bathers only, though," she waved the fish she had a little bit as she made her way to the spring, leaving the other one at the fire for everyone else.

Stepping into the spring, she got into a comfortable spot before she ripped a chunk off of the fish and eating it. Licking her lips, she grabbed another piece of fish before offering some to everyone else in the spring. "Please, feel free to help yourselves to some. I promise you, you won't regret it. My seasoning can make anything delicious."

Zinnia could tell he wasn't very fond of having her help - the feeling was mutual - but in the end decided to let her help. Hearing that she lit up simply ecstatic. "Great! So where shall I start?" Though after a while it was apparent that when it came to game meat she hadn't a clue on what to do. She frowned in frustration not at all used to the lack of proper equipment, but since she was so adamant on helping - and she didn't want to give the dwarf the satisfaction of her failing at something - she tried to power through it. Though Alviss still end up doing most of the work. Of course it didn't help when Ajax called over for her to join them. She was going to refuse politely again, but his next words pulled her into a flustered state.

"Or is that cleavage shot in your dress implying you're topless underneath that dress of yours'? Care to prove me wrong?"

Zinnia's face was beat red in an instant, as her hand went to cover her chest hoping to draw attention from them. Though it was kind of pointless since her choice of clothing was for the opposite reason. "I am a lady! I will not undress in a male's presence! I am not so uncultured as to do such a thing!" She fumed very embarressed. More so than what he said, her reaction to it was all the more degrading. To lose her composure in front of a Wood Elf and Dwarf no less. "I will properly bathe later and with some dignity."

Ryne raised a brow and whispered to her two companions in the water, "Well talk about a kill joy."

Zinnia glared at Ryne who laughed, "Guess those long ears aren't for nothing huh?"

Ryne went back to Bridget to comment on something she said earlier, "Honesty huh? I guess that could work, but it does sound exhausting. So you guys never had any epic battles back home?" SHe asked, "I feel like the best way to get to know someone is when you're in battle!" It was then her stomach assaulted her ears with a grumble. "Looks like I'll take up your offer on some of your food." Ryne happily said hopping out of the water - inadvertently splashing the two of them - and snatching a fish before rejoining them.

Daphne sighed audibly upon hearing Herodotus' reply, relieved that murder was not the only road open to her. While Daphne was not confident in many things, she was confident in her ability to play politics.

"I see, I will send word of our arrival to the Lord of Crows on the morrow then," Daphne replied with a bow, "I highly doubt it would effect our chances favorably if we were to show up unannounced, or heaven forbid, try to sneak in."

Daphne still sensed sadness in her master, she could tell this ordeal weighed on him heavily, and decided not to press the matter further,  "You should go to your party, my sweet child. They might be cooking dinner. Damien did take a whole hog." Herodotus' voice snapped Daphne from her thoughts. "You'll be needing these again," Her master said handing the young mage her effects. "While that waitress attire is adorable, your robes enhance your magic."

"Heehee," a slight giggle escaped Daphne, "I am deeply honoured that you kept them master. Thank you." Again though, she sensed dark feelings of doubt within her Master's soul, though she was distracted from this by the peculiar grimoire he held in his hands. An odd smirking face adorned the cover, and it slightly disturbed her. "This is my Grimoire. Frozen chains at the moment. Keep this with you." Herodotus said handing the book to his apprentice with a chukle, though the reason for it escaped Daphne. "It has a mouth, and it can consume magic. It is a perfect magic shield in that sense, so long as the spell shouldn't be overwhelmingly large of course. But it you order it to, it will draw and consume blood. I want you to read this tonight, you'll learn a number of spells that I fear you may need to use."

"I see." Daphne said as she bowed again, "by your leave then Master. I will do my best to accomplish the tasks you have given me.

---- Several Minutes Later----

Daphne arrived at the party's camp now dressed in her magician's robes, her bag on her shoulder, and her staff in hand. 

"H-hello, I apologize for t-taking so long," Daphne said quietly into the air, she wasn't even sure who she was talking to, "I, uh, I wished to... to speak to my Master, I apologize for any inconvenience." Daphne bowed quickly.

"Master Herodotus has asked a quest of us," Daphne spoke louder now, though the same nervousness was still in her voice, "H-he wishes us t-t-to travel to Coronis, and meet with the Lord of Crows, and attempt to negotiate with him to cease his aggressions, and if necessary we are to use force to capture him. Should the need arise we are permitted to use deadly force." Daphne became a bit quieter at the end, the thought of murder still saddened her deeply.

• 2 weeks later...

Kaitlin had no interest in joining the orgy in the spring. Instead, she simply shook her head at Ryne when she offered. However, Kaitlin would be a part of the conversation. After getting a good distance, she pulled herself up on a branch of the tree. Her ear's perked up as she listened to the conversation. She took note of what Ryne was saying. It seemed like the girl grew up with Orcs. That would explain why her mentality was so...barbaric. Nevertheless, she continued listening in on them. Her rifle was drawn, just in case. Once it was time to eat, she would join the group. Until then, she simply eavesdropped on the conversation.

Damian was pleased that the haul he had brought from the kitchens met the group's satisfaction. He strayed away from the cooking fire, being completely useless at such a trade. Gryphon too didn't have much interest in cooking. Sure, he could put a carcass on a stick and roast it just as well as any imbecile, but he was no chef. Besides, he had got to spend time with Damian much since they had joined in on this little guild. The two walked a decent distance away from the main group, unknowingly having drawn closer to where Kaitlin lounged in the tree.

"How are you doing?" Gryphon asked, he might tease Damian about being a bit bookish, but he was all too aware of the boy's anxiety that was rooted in adventuring. He momentarily remembered how he had first met the mage, practically in hysterics as he wandered through the forest. 

"I-I'm fine." Damian said dismissively as he nervously looked over to the group. Afraid that they might find their interaction suspicious.

"Hey," Gryphon said, lightly placing his hand on Damian's face to regain his attention. "If you want out, just say the word. We don't have to go with these people." 

Damian smiled lightly, it was just like Gryphon to look after him like this. "No...I'm afraid I don't really have a choice." His eyes fell downcast for a moment. "I need to make Herodotous proud of me, convince him I can handle this."

"Well you don't have to do it alone." Gryphon reassured, bringing Damian's eyes on his own. Had they been alone, they would have shared an embrace, maybe even a kiss, but Gryphon knew that Damian was nervous enough as is. In a silent agreement, the two "cousins" returned where the rest of the guild was gathered. just in time to catch a glimpse of Ajax remove his clothing.

Damian's cheeks immediately grew red and he turned away in embarrassment. He muttered something about needing to check on something and he quickly walked away. Gryphon, however, was eager to take a dip. Stripping off his pants, he didn't need to worry about his undergarments as he had gone commando. Letting out a whoop, he cannonballed into the spring, splashing everyone in the vicinity. 

Following his companion, Valon, Gryphon's pet ferret, jumped in after him, deftly landing on Ajax's head.

Ajax couldn't not chuckle from Bridget's teasing remark, though soon found himself taking a deep, soothing breath to relax himself. "Yeah, you could say the tune has changed." He spoke with blissfully closed eyes, letting his head rest back upon the bank of the spring." Though, she soon invited the bathers to some of her cooked fish she'd caught. With a smile, Ajax took a piece and indeed relished in the delicious seasoning. It was surprising how delicious food was when you hadn't made it yourself. "That was absolutely delicious." He had to admit, the gypsy could cook.

Laughing to Zinnia's reaction, Ajax shut his eyes again though if they were open, he'd be rolling them. Zinnia was easy to tease, clearly. He'd enjoy teasing her in the foreseeable future. "Fine, fine, though you might miss your window. I could stay in here all night." He smirked, throwing a gauntlet to the High Elf. Would she risk not bathing and waiting for another miraculous spring to show up, or would she swallow her pride? It went without saying which one Ajax was rooting for.

Soon Daphne turned up. Alviss smiled softly, welcoming her back with open arms. "Not a problem lass, just glad you're back for dinner! How did it go?" He chuckled before listening to her as she mentioned the word quest. This also perked Ajax's attention who turned to Daphne from the spring as the pair listened intently to what the mage had to say. Needless to say the term deadly force meant nothing to Ajax, but Alviss, petting Daphne's shoulder, understood that she'd be uneasy around the notion. "Let's hope for the best." The dwarf smiled softly.

Alviss then glanced back to Zinnia, unable to help himself from time to time spotting the window Ajax made obviously apparent as he returned to maining the hog. "A-alright now." The dwarf said, recomposing himself. "While I'm turning this, I need you to salt it, alright?" Alviss, though, while indeed spinning the gored hog, was seriously distracted. Curse that boy for reminding him of Zinnia's dress...

Ajax chuckled soon as he watched Gryphon dive right on in, though more so when Valon leaped upon his head. Smiling up to the critter Ajax softly spoke. "Hey there little guy!" Though this glance helped him spot Kaitlin up in the trees. Raising a brow he smiled to her. "Comfy?" He asked, figuring such an elf would indeed prefer the presence of branches and bark to a spring of water.

Soon, the hog was done. After Alviss had to drag his head away from Zinnia's cleavage window, he began to serve up portions of the hog, looking to the high elf. The perseverance in his eyes to not stray to her buxom was very apparent as his eyes looked very strained. "Dish these out to the rest, I'll preserve the rest in rations." The dwarf stated as he let Zinnia take the knife, to give portions to everyone. "Dinner is ready!" The dwarf bellowed, before going over to Daphne, handing her quite a succulent piece - he saved her the best bit.

Daphne nodded at Alviss' statement thankful for his sympathy. She considered taking a bath, but with the amount of people around, and the fact that dinner would soon be ready she decided against it. 

It was only once Alviss actually called dinner that Daphne finally realized how hungry she really was, and her stomach let out a noticeable growl when Alviss handed her the succulent looking piece of pork, she unconsciously licked her lips. Daphne took her piece picking small pieces off rather than just tearing it, then again what would one expect of such a demure, little girl.

Finishing quickly Daphne stood up walking a short ways away from the group wear she would be shrouded by shadows, ducking behind a tree. From here she proceeded to disrobe, before returning to the group walking calmly as she could to the spring, even despite the magic lights of censorship she had summoned to preserve her modesty she was still blushing furiously though, and it was a welcome relief when she finally slid into the hot spring. The young mage noticeably relaxed once her body entered the hot water, sinking down so that the water level was just below her mouth she sighed before closing her eyes. 

Though she didn't hear the beginning of the conversation between Zinnia and Ajax, she did hear about Zinnia's comment about bathing. Turning around and looking at her, she spoke out, "Listen, sweetheart, if you're gonna be traveling with a group, you better get used to bathing in front of others, naked or not. You're not gonna come across his and her rivers as you travel. I'm not expecting ya to join the bathing bandwagon right away, but at least keep in mind what I said." She gave Zinnia a smile, showing that she didn't mean for anything to come across mean if it did, before turning back around.

She then made her response to Ryne's comments about honesty and fights. "No, the only battles we had were ones for survival. When its you and your family versus the world, you can't really afford fights between each other. As for getting to know someo-" she was interrupted by the sound of Ryne's stomach as it grew eager for food. Letting out a hearty laugh, she told Ryne to help herself to some of her food as Ajax enjoyed some of the fish she had with her. "Told ya you wouldn't regret it," she let out a small laugh.

Looking to Gryphon, she grew a small smile at his bravery for going commando in the spring, "Someone's got some balls for going commando!" She started to let out a hearty laugh, but it got cut extremely short as she realized she somewhat made a pun. Her face then slowly turned into a poker face as she felt things turned slightly awkward. For her at least. The awkwardness, however, was short lived as Daphne finally rejoined the group with a mission for them.

Contemplating the details, and sensing some tension that was made when deadly force was brought up, Bridget spoke up and began to show what skills she can bring to the group, "Well capturing him will be easy, relatively speaking. Currently, I have a poison that completely relaxes the muscle it's been injected into and with the right dose, it can completely incapacitate a being." She decided she'd leave out the fact that it can kill, since that's what they're hoping to avoid. "If you all wish, I can dip your weapons in the poison before we enter Coronis. Then, all it would take would be a nick in the arm or torso from anyone and some time.. and he'll be ours for the taking."

Just as she finished talking, the metaphoric dinner bell went off.

Archived