[SCS 5] HERO Contest (Judging/Not Accepting)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, it can set up for a quick Rank 4 when summoned or more fodder for Mask Changes. Also can serve as a beatstick in the event you need to do it. 

Its self bounce effect is a bit weird IMO (when your opponent activates an effect), but I could see it returning to trigger its first effect again or something along those lines, or get it out of the way of a card effect trying to destroy it or something. 

Either way, it did very well [not enough to place but I liked it]

I just remembered something I wanted to point out, but wanted to wait to see if he'd correct it, UnendingEmpires card can't even be played. Evil HERO Necro Lich is a Zombie-Type Evil HERO who can only be summoned with Dark Fusion. The problem is that Dark Fusion only Fusion Summons Fiend-Type Fusion monsters, which Necro Lich isn't and thus is unplayable.

That is true, though Dark Calling is still an option to summon it (that one doesn't have the Type restriction). But it's a good thing this was brought up now (because I had forgotten Dark Fusion's restriction; and yet it was mentioned on one of Reiji's cards in TCG). Points have been readjusted however.

4th? Dang it...xD

So, what was wrong exactly with Night Rook, if I may ask?

OCG-wise, just some minor stuff. Though I checked the last effect's wording with similar ones, the way you had it is correct so I gave you half a point back, giving you 47 points [and now making you the new 3rd place]

As for the card itself, I felt that the stat boosting effect had been overdone quite a bit already with other cards in the past, but everything else was fine.

Could you explain my Creativity and OCG scores?

OCG:

Must be Special Summoned with "Mask Change", and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways. This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase. If a monster is Special Summoned: You can shuffle this card into your Extra Deck, and if you do: Negate that Summon. You can only activate the effect of "Masked HERO Lightning" once per duel.

First one should be "by" instead of "in" (but I knew what you meant though). Second one got revamped to saying 'This card can make a second attack..." I didn't deduct on the second one, since Konami hasn't been keeping consistent with their wording.

Creativity grade was due to SS negation stuff (while limited to once per duel) is still seen a fair bit. Otherwise, nothing really major.

I'm curious to know why my balance scores was deducted?

I felt that being able to draw a card after nuking a monster every turn awarded you too many pluses. Essentially, your opponent loses a monster and you gain another card (though summoning isn't negated unlike stuff like Solemn or w/e).

I'm curious how my OCG got such a low score

Target 1 "HERO" monster in your Graveyard that was destroyed by battle last turn: Special Summon it, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.

Bolded are the fixes. You forgot to put " " around HERO and some other minor stuff. I only saw three errors after reviewing it again, 12.5 means you had 5 errors, so I awarded you a point back in OCG.

I'm probably going to revert OCG back to a 10 point scale like I did in the past and convert those other 5 points into a playability scale.

---

Award-wise, nothing really changes except for Chaos getting bumped up to 3rd place. Vector got added to the 4th place one, because his score was the same as Regi/Sonic prior to the review (why I missed it, I don't know).

Prize pics/points/reps will be given out later on and this gets locked. As mentioned earlier, any final questions should be asked before then.

Thanks to all of you who've entered.

1. OCG-wise, just some minor stuff. Though I checked the last effect's wording with similar ones, the way you had it is correct so I gave you half a point back, giving you 47 points [and now making you the new 3rd place]

As for the card itself, I felt that the stat boosting effect had been overdone quite a bit already with other cards in the past, but everything else was fine.

2. Award-wise, nothing really changes except for Chaos getting bumped up to 3rd place. Vector got added to the 4th place one, because his score was the same as Regi/Sonic prior to the review (why I missed it, I don't know).

1. Ahhh I see. Well I just thought it would be interesting to see, but now that you mention it, the stat boosting does seem like a reoccurring pattern with HEROs xD

2. O.O Reeeeeeeeaaaaaalllllllly? *does happy dance*

Although this is a bit situational, you could use the fusion materials for Magma Neos in making this; and gain both of this card's effects.

For the balancing portion, the EARTH effect was a bit much IMO.

@Sonic: Yeah, you place in the top 3 now; so the point/rep prizes are added. In your case, it's 50 points and a rep.

Anyway, your prize images are below. I fixed them a bit so all of them have the same amount of glow. (Just right-click for the image URL; no need for you to reupload it)

DxWEWDj.png

rxyHIAV.png

cPvdFWs.png

Mq3o9OZ.png

RjvM1qP.png

Points/reps will be awarded shortly after this.

Once again, thanks to all of you for entering and hope to see you again in other contests within this section.

(Contest shall be locked once prizes have been dealt with. At that time, any further questions may be asked via PM)

Archived