razzy

Would love some feedback on these.

2mopzZ7.jpg

This card is unaffected by the effects of "Hole" Normal Trap Cards. All EARTH Monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck to your hand.

sHppu01.jpg

Your opponent cannot target other "Traptrix" monster you control for attacks or with card effects. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can add 1 "Hole" normal Trap Card from your deck to your hand.

FvQo02s.jpg

This card is unaffected by "Hole" Normal Trap Cards. When your opponent activates a Normal Trap Card (except during the damage step): You can Tribute this card; negate the activation and if you do destroy it. When this card is Special Summoned: Draw 1 card. You must control another "Traptrix" monster to activate and resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Traptrix Sicarius" once per turn.

dpxnyAT.jpg

The activation and effects of Level 4 or lower EARTH Insect and Plant-Type effect monsters you control, cannot be negated. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can rearrange all Set Spell/Trap Cards you control. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon "Traptrix" monsters from your hand and/or Deck up to the number of "Hole" normal Trap cards in your Graveyard.

GlwxfYt.jpg

When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) from their hand or Deck: Send that monster(s) to the Graveyard.

nP3HE4a.jpg

Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck. It cannot be destroyed by battle, until the end of your next turn. You can only activate 1 "Traptrix Hole Jamboree" per turn. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this card, except "Traptrix" monsters.

RtdbHIW.jpg

2 Level 4 EARTH monsters
This card is unaffected by the effects of Normal Trap Cards. You can activate "Hole" Normal Trap Cards from your hand. Monster's destroyed by your "Hole" Normal Trap cards are banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card, then target up to 3 "Traptrix" cards in your Graveyard; shuffle them into the Deck.

Traptrix Arachne:

• It's too weak (afaics), make it "When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your hand." and "When this card is Special Summoned: Add 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck." Also, make it increase their DEF too.

Traptrix Garden:

• No, Traptrix wouldn't love field spells. Instead, make this a trap card with an effect similar to this "Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck." and maybe "and if you do, Set directly or add to your hand, 1 "Trap Hole" Normal Trap Card from your Deck.".
  • That aside, I'll review the original field spell. Gains 500 ATK/DEF, okay. First effect EVERY turn, plus extra search when it goes to grave . . . . too strong. Either remove one of those effects, OR change its first effect to trigger when something happens (still with OPT clause). Also, make it not special summon from the deck (hand/grave maybe), though this depends on how easy to pull off the effect. The third effect is fine.

Anyway, the artworks are great (LOVE THEM).

The field needs some minor OCG fixes, but I won't deal with them.

Traptrix Arachne:

• It's too weak (afaics), make it "When this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your hand." and "When this card is Special Summoned: Add 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck." Also, make it increase their DEF too.

Traptrix Garden:

• No, Traptrix wouldn't love field spells. Instead, make this a trap card with an effect similar to this "Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck." and maybe "and if you do, Set directly or add to your hand, 1 "Trap Hole" Normal Trap Card from your Deck.".
  • That aside, I'll review the original field spell. Gains 500 ATK/DEF, okay. First effect EVERY turn, plus extra search when it goes to grave . . . . too strong. Either remove one of those effects, OR change its first effect to trigger when something happens (still with OPT clause). Also, make it not special summon from the deck (hand/grave maybe), though this depends on how easy to pull off the effect. The third effect is fine.

Anyway, the artworks are great (LOVE THEM).

The field needs some minor OCG fixes, but I won't deal with them.

This guy knows how to play Traptrix! I like your idea, but I agree that the monster is too weak for now. With the way Traptrix are right now, you only have 2 monsters you actually use, and alot of cards to add/support them. The problem with the monster is it just puts a trap on top of your deck. This is way too slow, and you will still use your draw to get the card. The second effect is irrelevant because it's not like Traptrix are going for an OTK, or even a big attack. It could be usefull at times though.

The field has alot of problems, and, again, I agree with Overfrost completely. I would love a Trap Hole that said 'Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" monster from your Deck; and if you do, Set directly or add to your hand, 1 "Trap Hole" Normal Trap Card from your Deck.' This would make the Traptrix achetype really good! In fact, I would limit the card if I were Konami. But, like him, I will give a legitimate review on the card itself. I find it a tad bit overpowered. Maybe reword it to 'All "Traptrix" Monster you control gain 200 ATK and DEF (like 'Harpie's Hunting Ground'). You can banish 1 "Hole" normal trap card from your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Traptrix" Monster from your hand or Deck. You can only use this effect of "Traptrix Graden" once per turn.' And then maybe make a normal trap saying 'Set 1 "Hole" normal trap from your deck. Then, rearrange all Set Spell/Trap Cards you control. If this facedown card is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card: You can add 1 "Traptrix" card from your deck to your hand, except "Traptrix Garden".' This would make both of the cards really good, but keep it a little bit balanced. This also might just wreck the card, but I like how if it was set and destroyed better.

Arachne! (LOVE IT)

The field spell just looks like a discard fodder to me. Its field effect is not that good.

It's meant to just stop your Traptrix from getting Veiler'd, Chained, Breakthroghed/whatever. and if you opponent decides they can't handle it and need to stop your effects you'll be a modest search off it :D
or should I change it to sent to grave by an opponent's effect?

Archived