300px-LavaBattleguard-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png 300px-SwampBattleguard-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png

A2JDSWx.png?1

Battleguard King

300px-BattleguardKing-DUEA-JP-C.png

① : Once per turn: You can Tribute any number of Warrior-Type monsters you control, except this card; this card gains 1 additional attack during each Battle Phase this turn for each monster Tributed to activate this effect.

Battleguard Howling

300px-BattleguardHowling-DUEA-JP-C.png

① : When a Warrior-Type monster you control is targeted for an attack, or by an opponent's monster effect: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK, and if you do, return it to the hand.

Battleguard Rage

300px-BattleguardRage-DUEA-JP-R.png

① : Activate by targeting 1 Warrior-Type monster you control. It gains 1000 ATK, also any monsters it destroys by battle are returned to the hand instead of being sent to the Graveyard. When that monster leaves the field, destroy this card.

• So, I definitely like the concept of Konami supporting 'older' archetypes, especially one as small as this that only had 2 cards. The new cards were showcased in an Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V. Whats more is that the new support is not directly supporting Battleguards, but Warrior-type in general. Here they have their own in-theme Magic Cylinder/Compulsary in one card and another that gives a boost and stops floater monsters. While Barbaric Feast LV5 is a really good card for Battleguards, I have to admit even with this new found support, they are still heavily inconsistent and situational too Summon. Will this stop me from trying every possible variant to use these new support cards? Most certainly not! So guys, what do you think of these new support cards? Do you see future support coming too Battleguards? Does this mean that a lot more older archetypes will get new content?

Discuss.

I think how much support they get depends on how major the role of the anime character who plays them is. Considering how they most likely have 100 or more episodes left, I'm pretty sure they're going to get a Battleguard specific support or just a LV5 Warrior support overall. I sure hope older archetypes get more support, but we can't conclude that based on just this. It's likely, though, since stuff like Archfiend and Vampires have gotten really nice support lately. 

As for variants of the card, I can see Barbaric Feast LV5 being played the most for those Rank 5 plays. And the Amazoness archetype would probably like the traps. 

I just want Robo Ryu support! Poor Tristan and his useless cards. :c

I envision Immortal Bushi doing something in here. Probably not very good, but so is the rest of the deck

I have actually tried an Immortal Bushi build (or more specifically a Warrior Toolbox build) alongside a Transmodify build, a Rank 5 Spam.dek build, and even a Pendulum build, and I came to the same conclusion: They need some sort of searcher or easier ways to set-up the Graveyard. I mean not even Giant Rat can search out Lava Battleguard smh. I really think these cards are cool, but right now it is reliant on 3 cards to get the best optimal play out of these guys.

The guy who used these in Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V: plz deliver.

They need some type of searcher, or rather more generic Level 5 "Battleguard" monsters, maybe ones that treat themselves as Swamp/Lava Battleguard I dunno.

inb4 Battleguard Kid. Lol. 

But really, I don't think that's out of the question. And considering how Battleguard King was the first 3000ATK monster in the series, I think we can expect at least one more card from Konami that would love Battleguards. It's probably still not going to be good, though.

Archived