(Hadō no Senshi Rukario)
2 Level 4 Beast-Warrior-Type monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can negate the effect of an opponent's monster that targets this card. If this card attacks a monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy that monster without applying damage calculation.
(Mega Ekushīzu Hadō no Eiyū Rukario)
3 Level 5 Beast-Warrior-Type monsters
Any battle damage this card inflicts when it battles a monster is increased by 600 points. If this card has "Aura-Guiding Warrior Lucario" as an Xyz Material, it gains these effects.
● If this card attacks a monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish that monster without applying damage calculation.
● Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can negate the effect of an opponent's card that would target this card, and if you do, destroy it.
(Ranku Appu Majikku - Mega Fōsu)
Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "MXyz" monster with the same Type as that monster you control but 1 Rank higher, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) When a "MXyz" Xyz Monster is Special Summoned to your side of the field while this card is in your Graveyard (except during the Damage Step): You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only apply the effect of "Rank-Up-Magic Mega Force" once per Duel.
After watching today's episode of XY and because I have one in Pokemon X (which I use in most battles), I decided to go ahead and make Lucario and its Mega Evolution. It's an Xyz Monster this time, coupled with its own Rank-Up (which will be used for any future MXyz monsters). Yes, MXyz is essentially CXyz, except with an M; I know that.
Anyway, the analogues to their effects.
- Normal Lucario is based off of Inner Focus (which blocks flinching); for this application, I decided to have it block a targeting effect once per turn (but not destroy it, unlike the Mega Form). This stops stuff like 101, but not so much things like Exciton [I need to stop designing cards with effects specifically to screw these two over]
- Mega Lucario has Adaptability, which in this case, increases the damage output on STABs. I did have to tone this thing down, however, since Adaptability multiples power by 2x and in the event this card deals a direct attack, especially with that 2800 ATK of his, it will wipe a heavy chunk of your opponent's LP away (if not outright kill them right there if you dealt prior damage). I should probably make it like Odd-Eyes.
- Second effect on both is designed after Aura Sphere, which doesn't miss in-game (in this case, effect destruction). In regular Lucario's case, it simply destroys the monster, whereas the Mega will banish it. Both require a detach, however.
- The Rank-Up is designed after Barian's/Argent Chaos to some extent. I also borrowed some stuff from the 7th One.
Anyway, CnC/love/hate/fix my OCG, etc.
Good reviews will be repped.
Edited by Sakura Haruno, 07 June 2014 - 12:45 PM.