Gods Breath (Digital Devil Saga)

Philemon

[url=http://imgur.com/jA1OQR1]9NKRsNB.jpg[/URL]

[spoiler='Gods Breath']This card cannot be targeted by, and is unaffected by, other card effects. When your opponent activates a Spell Card for the first time during each of their turns, place 1 Life Counter on this card. During your 4th Standby Phase after this card has been activated, if this card has less than 4 Life Counters on it, you win the Duel, otherwise destroy this card.[/spoiler]

Based off the attack Gods Breath, uses by the Bonus Boss Satan in Digital Devil Saga. Gods Breath an instant kill if you don't have at least 1 character fully charged every 3 turns, and here it kills you unless you ration your Spell Cards over four turns. I know the picture doesn't quite work, given how the 4 Horsemen don't appear in DDS, but I couldn't find a good picture of Satan and the watermark blends into them at most angles, so I let it slide.

Thoughts?

This card cannot be targeted by, and is unaffected by, Spell/Trap other card effects and Effect Monsters' effects. During When your opponent activates a Spell Card for the first time during each of their turns, the first time they activate a Spell Card add place 1 Life Counter to on this card. During your 4th Standby Phase after this card has been activated, if this card has less than 4 Life Counters on it, you win the Duel, otherwise return this card to your hand.

Because this card is completely unstoppable, you've forced the opponent to repeatedly spend 1 Spell per turn just to barely avoid death. Negate any of their Spell activations or, as Chaos_Deck has mentioned, trip them up for a single turn, and they're basically boned and can't do anything about it. And if they barely avoid God's Breath, you can just do it again until it succeeds. Activate this during a topdecking war, and you've pretty much got the game in your hand.

Yes, I understand it's based off That One Attack from a SMT Bonus Boss, but a card this unforgiving won't end well.

Wow image this card with "Anti-Spell Fragrance".... lol insta-win ;p nice job man ;)

It would be a divine combo.

Because this card is completely unstoppable, you've forced the opponent to repeatedly spend 1 Spell per turn just to barely avoid death. Negate any of their Spell activations or, as Chaos_Deck has mentioned, trip them up for a single turn, and they're basically boned and can't do anything about it. And if they barely avoid God's Breath, you can just do it again until it succeeds. Activate this during a topdecking war, and you've pretty much got the game in your hand.

Yes, I understand it's based off That One Attack from a SMT Bonus Boss, but a card this unforgiving won't end well.

Which is why I put this in Pop Culture, this would only appear in the anime or heavily watered down by Konami (something like 4000 damage instead of instant victory).

Which do you think would be a better limit: having it be sent to the graveyard if it fails, or not being able to activate Spell Cards while it is face-up (but still returns to the hand if it fails)?

Archived