FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil General Discussion

Maeriberii Haan

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the wonderful discussion thread of one of the biggest sports event in the world.

Keep the discussion here as civil as possible, but if your favorite team won, you are free to do a ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ VICTORY RIOT ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

Useful links:

Current Standing: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/groups/

Tell me if I need to add more things to the OP.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so the Croatia and Brazil game was total BULL s***. Wow that game was so unfair. Brazil literally didn’t play. I refuse to think that Brazil played today because ether they have gotten worse or were just joking. And the only reason they won 3 to 1 today was because the ref didn’t understand some things. Their first goal was clean and the most accurate thing I’ve seen all day from Brazil. The second goal happened because the ref GAVE them a penalty, I have personally never felt more cheated. BUT it doesn’t stop there, right before (around midfield) the ref ignored a foul and let the play continuearrow-10x10.png which in tact gave them a 3rd goal. It was an unfair and poor game on Brazils side and their win was not clean at all.

The Netherlands and Spain game was a wow. I've never been more disappointed in a goalie before. Cassilas what are you doing, the goals he missed were embarrassing. In the first 40min of the game I felt like I was reliving the 2010 world cup final in South Africa but then I was totally blown back. I mean the netherlands should never be looked down on BUT 5 CONSECUTIVE GOALS IN A 30 MIN SPAN? HOLY f***ing s***. 

​And then the question is what is Australia even doing? They literally get 15 feet away from the goal and somehow just lose themselves. It's like the players go crazy and do anything but score.  

Idk, I thinkit'll be better to start a new thread since the event's already ongoing.

Discuss how Spain suck here.

Fair enough starting a new thread.

Watched the game with a mate (only game I've sat and watched in entirity so far). Yes, they did.

Neymar is a diving f** first of all. RvP and Robben were amazing today though, completely outplayed Spain, poor Casillas! ;) Chili were playing some good stuff too

Um... it's Chile.

Okay so the Croatia and Brazil game was total BULL s***. Wow that game was so unfair. Brazil literally didn’t play. I refuse to think that Brazil played today because ether they have gotten worse or were just joking. And the only reason they won 3 to 1 today was because the ref didn’t understand some things. Their first goal was clean and the most accurate thing I’ve seen all day from Brazil. The second goal happened because the ref GAVE them a penalty, I have personally never felt more cheated. BUT it doesn’t stop there, right before (around midfield) the ref ignored a foul and let the play continuearrow-10x10.png which in tact gave them a 3rd goal. It was an unfair and poor game on Brazils side and their win was not clean at all.

The Netherlands and Spain game was a wow. I've never been more disappointed in a goalie before. Cassilas what are you doing, the goals he missed were embarrassing. In the first 40min of the game I felt like I was reliving the 2010 world cup final in South Africa but then I was totally blown back. I mean the netherlands should never be looked down on BUT 5 CONSECUTIVE GOALS IN A 30 MIN SPAN? HOLY f***ing s***. 

​And then the question is what is Australia even doing? They literally get 15 feet away from the goal and somehow just lose themselves. It's like the players go crazy and do anything but score.  

Loving the passion from you Rapid.

Disappointed that all that was talked about after the first two games was poor standards of refereeing. Yes poor decisions were made, but rather than just letting referees get slaughtered every week from all fronts and making a tough job so utterly impossible that no-one will want to do it, how about giving them some support from technology so the right decisions are made huh?

Oh no, I remember why Fifa won't do that. Because they're a load of corrupt old men and as Bischoff said; controversy creates cash.

As for Holland Spain, 5 flattered Spain. That could have been eight or nine.

Refereeing is a hard job but admittedly someone who isn't up to the job shouldn't take part in the biggest competition in the world. If we continue getting terrible, obviously bad calls like in Brazil Croatia (and even Holland Spain, did you see that pen? shameful) are going to, or potentially could, ruin the whole tournament. Everyone knows that being a ref, especially on a big stage, isn't easy, but you can tell from the global outrage that the guy reffing Brazil Croatia fucked up hard. Some bad calls in Mexico Cameroon as well but they were negligible next to the first game.

Holland Spain was amazing though. Keep in mind Netherlands just declassed the current World and European champions.

Summary:

Croatia were robbed hard, Neymar being on the pitch any moment after the elbow on Modric is absolutely farcical. Group in the penalty and a lot of other poor decisions and it's hard not to sympathise with Croatia.

Glad Mexico got their win, to have 2 goals wrongfully struck off was a mess but they stuck at it and got the result they deserved.

Chile got their win as expected but i was pleasantly surprised by Australia, they didn't show up to make up the numbers and made Chile work for the win.

Spain were utterly outclassed but I think there's a lack of perspective here - they are still one of the strongest sides in the competition. This loss will have shaken them but they are a team of champions and will be back stronger against Chile. However I don't rate Costa (and his headbutt) or Torres highly and we might see a return of the likes of Fabregas or Iniesta as a false 9. Congrats to Holland though, Van Gaal has to take the credit for how he set them up to beat Spain the way they did.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time for them to reinvent themselves after a shocking loss in the first match in a competition(2010, looking at you). It's indeed wouldn't be very wise to write them off now.

But this would pretty much make the Brazil vs Spain scenario in the big 16s a likely possibility.

It'll be too early to predict further tho.

I'm just waiting for Belgium's match.

Haha, Chili, didn't even realize!;') The reason the referees, again, have come in front of the firing line is because of the governing body that controls them though - they're the one's who really can't make their mind up, the rules are so sketchy it just leaves referees a bit in the blue about what actually is a foul and what isn't, or what is a yellow card and what isn't. Referees go by their own personal beliefs because FIFA's rules are just baloney and there's no consistancy. All about the England game now though.

I'm just waiting for Belgium's match.

I've got Belgium as my 'top seeded' team in my mate's eleven entry sweepstakes. Well there's a tenner down the pisser, just like the poor person who got Colombia as their top seed when everyone else gets Brazil/Spain/Germany et all <_<

(My other sweeps team is Mexico, so glad they won. There's £100 on this)

At least they have a somewhat more comfortable group to negotiate.

I don't know if I'm gonna go out for the England game or just go to bed since my body clock is still warped. Thinking the latter is probably more worthwhile.

honestly mexico cameroon had some far worse refereeing decisions than croatia brazil, 2 goals that should never ever ever have been disallowed and a penalty that wasn't given.

the two calls in spain-holland (costa's penalty and possible foul in the 3rd goal) were pretty acceptable, the pen was basically a 50/50.

been an exciting cup so far with a lot of goals and the good players performing well atm.

Bosnia had some really strong passing today. And Messies goal was pure sex along with their defense. Very very good game for both teams. 

And I can't contain myself, Germany and Portugal are playing tomorrow and I'm so excited. It's gonna be so epic agh <3

I was about to make a long ass post on the backgrounds of Bosnian players and how much being in Brazil meant to most people but 1) I just got my pasta and 2) the WC shouldn't be so terribly political.

Germany stomping. Amazing.

love to see those portugese cunts get beaten

I was about to make a long ass post on the backgrounds of Bosnian players and how much being in Brazil meant to most people but 1) I just got my pasta and 2) the WC shouldn't be so terribly political.

Nahh, do it. 

Watching the game, all I could think of the entire time was how you must have been reacting.

Being on vacation however it's been insanely fucking difficult to watch any of the games, I literally watch for about 10 minutes, do a quick lap in the pool and repeat for a good majority of the games played earlier in the day. 

Nahh, do it. 

Watching the game, all I could think of the entire time was how you must have been reacting.

Being on vacation however it's been insanely f***ing difficult to watch any of the games, I literally watch for about 10 minutes, do a quick lap in the pool and repeat for a good majority of the games played earlier in the day. 

aww amir my bb

see people that's what caring looks like

Also, #firstworldproblems. I'll get a writeup for anyone interested sooner or later, final exams currently going on so I'm a bit preoccupied.

Archived