FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil General Discussion

Maeriberii Haan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I AM SO GLAD CAMEROON GOT IT'S ASS WHOOPED. 

None of the other games in the world cup experienced so many consecutive fouls and it pissed me off. I mean it was dirty playing, they deserved to lose 4 to nothing and honestly it could of been 10 to nothing with how many missed opportunities Croatia had. I'm not even gonna talk about what happened to Manzukic in the first half, that blow to the back looked like it hurt a lot. 

Big fan of Mandzukic over here. It was... just a weird way of going about hitting someone. =/ Deserved a red card though but to be honest, given the chances squandered, I'd put the 4-0 down more to Cameroon being awful rather than Croatia being good.

And speaking of being awful...

Got home (from a stressful shift full of many personal f***-ups that are on my head) just as Uruguay went 2-1 up. Inevitable really. Called it in the previous thread.

But hey, don't despair England fans. They can still qualify. All they need is for Italy to beat Costa Rica (entirely possible), and Uruguay (again, possible). Then England just need to beat Costa...

... um... no... never mind...

Edit: One more thing.

"Luis Suarez is not yet a world-class player" Roy Hodgson (16th June 2014)

Costa Rica is so good. Shame they'll have to be beaten badly by Bosnia in the final.

As a Derby County fan who was there when Paulo Wanchope scored that goal at Old Trafford, I already knew this :P

Sucks to be Benzema.

Still, a pretty stellar victory for France.

Shouldn't have taken such a shit penalty.

Got in from a good shift just as Swiss got their second (and frankly excellent) goal. It makes me happy to see Switzerland get hammered.

Watch Honduras Ecquador be 0-0 now <_<

And England is outta here. Not surprised since it was a long shot for them to survive after losing twice.

Good. Saves all the forlorn hope for a few days about how "we can still do it." We're not gonna beat Costa Rica. I said this months ago.

The only problem I have with England being eliminated is now that moron Greg Dyke is gonna come out and say "you see, this is why we need to implement League 3 and make all the big teams reserves sides play in the football league. Because the national team will obviously be much better if we kill off all the smaller local clubs." <_<

England's will always be terrible as long as their League is dominated by foreign players, just saying.

England will always be terrible as long as:

1 - Coaches at youth and grassroots level encourage physical and long ball tactics over playing football, and pick/develop players on physique over encouraging skill.

2 - The playboy celebrity lifestyle for 'making it' is encouraged and glamourised and players are paid stupid amounts as a 19 year old reserve and thus have no incentive to keep working to achieve potential.

3 - Transfer market and values of English players are warped and inflated (something that will only be made worse by minimum English players quotas). Why pay £10 million for a player with half the skill and half the attitude to someone in Bolivia you could get for £3 million?

4 - We don't have five people with either the technique or the bottle to take penalties.

Cream will rise to the top. There's just, let's be really honest, not that much cream being made.

Ps: Got half an eye on Honduras Ecuador. Decent if robust game. Got goals in it.

Well that was pretty goddamn awful.

Another brilliant goal by Messi though.

Me and my friends all jumped up and made silly noises when Romero tipped that header over.

Iran worked so hard to stifle them and not let them play, but really Argentina didn't do much again.

However it isn't about how you start, it's how you finish (provided you do, unlike England, start well enough to get out of the group stage at all...)

This world cup is so weird

Ghana and Australia almost beating Germany and Netherlands, respectively.

Costa Rica beating out Uruguay AND Italy x.x

It's like

dude

Woah

Argentina is sucking and Brazil could be better however.

Archived