Fan Made Archetype - Freaks

you741

Hello! I made up an Archetype called "Freaks".  These guys are quite unique because they focus on fusion summoning with a continuous spell card: Freak Fusion.  A lot of cards are potentially broken so if you could help me make them more balanced I would greatly appreciate it.  Please post any ideas you have! ( I admit I used MS paint.  Don't judge)

[spoiler Monsters]

in0fsRU.jpg
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned, and requires 2 tributes to be Tribute Summoned. Once per turn you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Freak" monster from your hand. Put 1 Freak counter on that monster. If a card with Freak Counter(s) would be destroyed; remove 1 Freak Counter from it instead. You can pay 1000 Life Points; target 1 card on the field. Put 1 Freak Counter on that target. This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each Freak Counter on the field. You can only activate each effect of "Yoyo - The Freak Master" once per turn.
This guy is one of my main game enders in this deck.  He can stay a long time on the field and can get seriously powerful.  Let me know if he is overpowered.
rsPiwNN.jpg
This guy is just a Normal that is useful for many combos.

ZA5uFwQ.jpg
Effect: When this card attacks a defense position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When this card inflicts battle damage; put 1 Freak Counter on this card. This card gains 200 ATK for every Freak Counter on it. This card gains 500 ATK as long as "Larry - The Lazy Freak" is on the field.
This is one of the first cards I ever made, I am pretty sure he isn't overpowered.
V4jri8o.jpg
Effect: Your opponent cannot target any other "Freak" monsters for attacks except for this one. Whenever a Spell/Trap card is activated, add one Freak Counter on this card. When this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Freak Counters instead. As long as "Francisco - The Freak Pikeman" is on the field this card gains 500 DEF.
Ha, this guy is funny! He is the second guy I made, and works really well with Francisco.

WnQx9cY.jpg

Effect: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to activate one of these effects:
- Place 1 Freak Counter on one card on the field.
- Banish 1 card with a Freak Counter on it.
If this card would leave the field, you can destroy 1 card with a Freak Counter on it instead. When this card leaves the field: target 1 monster your opponent controls with a Freak Counter on it: take control of that target. Its effects are negated.

This card is great for controlling opponent's monsters and getting Freak Counters on the field!

h0GNMgK.jpg
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon one level 4 or lower "Freak" monster from your hand in face-up defense position. All "Freak" monsters on the field gain 200 ATK and DEF points. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon one "Freak" monster from your graveyard in face-up defense position, except "Zak - The Freak Commander".
This card is pretty sick.  Although he has to be tribute summoned, the effect of "Freak Ville" can easily get him summoned. He is also very safe to play as even if you're opponent destroys him, you still get a guy back from the grave, so he is vital for keeping my "Freak" monsters present.
hvRU15J.jpg
Effect: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Freak Token" (Level 1/Warrior-type/ATK 0/DEF 0) of any attribute you want. Place 1 Freak Counter on that target. If a "Freak" token would be destroyed, this card loses 100 ATK points instead. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon 1 "Freak Token" (Level 1/Warrior-type/ATK 0/DEF 0) of any attribute you want.
This card may not seem useful, but I plan on making some fusions that require cards of certain attributes, so this card can easily supply them. I know a lot of my effects right now require me to discard 1 card, so I am thinking of a trap to make it more viable.
yHryEUe.jpg
Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field: other "Freak" monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to add 1 "Freak" monster from your Graveyard to your hand. Whenever a monster effect is activated or when a monster is summoned, place 1 Freak Counter on this card. If it was a "Freak" monster, place 2 Freak Counters instead.
This dude is great for protecting my strong "Freak" monsters. He is also good for monster renewal.
vS5Wbgc.jpg
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Henry - The Freak Bodyguard" from your hand or deck in defense mode. As long as "Henry - The Freak Bodyguard" remains on the field, this card cannot be destroyed. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Freak" card to add 1 Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand. When a Spell card is activated, place 1 Freak Counter on this card. If it was a "Freak" Spell card, place 2 Freak Counters on this card instead.
He is pretty vital for spell retrieval, and is used in various fusion monsters. I changed him so that he can actually get Freak Counters, along with Shayan and Lucas.
8BD4pGl.jpg
He doesn't have an effect, but is still important as he can easily be summoned with Eric's effect.  Also, he works very well with a certain spell card, known as "Early Freak Performance".

YTDaTMm.jpg

Effect: When this card attacks a monster: you can discard 1 card; Destroy that monster and this card, after damage calculation. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this effect: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card: add 1 "Freak" Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand. When a Trap card is activated, place 1 Freak counter on this card. If it was a "Freak" Trap card, place 2 Freak counters instead.

This card is great for getting rid of big beatdowns or monsters with an annoying effect.  It also allows me to reuse traps with a small price.

v5Y5Xuy.jpg

Effect: Once per turn: you can discard 1 card to destroy 1 face-up card on the field. As long as "Angad - The Freak Sniper" is face-up on the field, this card can attack twice during each Battle Phase. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can put 1 Freak Counter on 1 face-up "Angad - The Freak Sniper".

This guy is great for getting rid of visible threats and works well with Angad. He is also great for removing a lot of monsters.

tPOv4fW.jpg

Effect: Once per turn, during your opponent's turn only: you can discard 1 card; Destroy 1 set card on the field. As long as "Haisam - The Freak Rifleman" is on the field, this card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, you can put 1 Freak Counter on 1 face-up "Haisam - The Freak Rifleman".

This card is great for dealing damage and works well with Haisam. When these two guys are together, you get a pretty much infinite stream of Freak Counters!

kEHdRkO.jpg

Effect: When this card is discarded by a "Freak" card effect: destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field. Then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Freak Counters on the field x 200. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: 1 Level 5 or higher "Freak" monster you Normal Summon this turn can be summoned without Tributes.

This card is great because my Freaks require a lot of discarding. Discarding this card however is a great choice, as it provides card removal and damage. In case you haven't noticed, my "Freak" deck is kind of like a beat down deck, to kill the opponent quickly.

Gjh7vIv.jpg

Effect: When this card is discarded by a "Freak" card effect, destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field. Then, gain Life Points equal to the amount of Freak Counters on the field x 200. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: This turn, when one "Freak" monster attacks, you gain Life Points equal to its ATK. Once, while this card is banished, you can target 1 banished "Shaheer - The Black Freak". Special Summon this card and that target.

This card fits perfectly with Shaheer. Although he isn't good for a Burn/Beatdown type archetype, he is still useful for destroying Spells, and as discard material. He can also Special Summon 2 monsters, which is good for tribute fodder. Although, under most circumstances he is a dead draw, so don't pack too much of this guy.

btQ6DVx.jpg

Effect: When this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a "Freak" card effect: Draw 2 cards. During your next Standby Phase after this card was sent to the Graveyard by a "Freak" card effect, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If this card is equipped with a "Freak" Spell Card, increase this card's ATK by 800. This card is always treated as a Normal Monster.

This card is great for making my discards more viable. I will also be adding Synchros soon.

U9eW22d.jpg

Effect: When used for the Synchro Summoning of a "Freak" Synchro monster, this card can be treated as a non-tuner monster. When this card is discarded to the Graveyard by a "Freak" card effect, you can add up to 2 "Freak" cards from your Graveyard to your hand. During your next Standby Phase after this effect was activated, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Then place Freak Counters on this card equal to the number of cards in your hand. During each of your End Phases, add 1 "Freak" card from your Deck to your hand.

This card is great for hand control and for getting Freak counters. Although he doesn't use them. So far only Yoyo, Christian, Gary, Francisco and the Fusion monsters actually benefit from Freak counters, but that'll change.

9spyrr0.jpg

Effect: If you control face-up "Freak" monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Summoned, target 1 "Freak" monster in your hand, Graveyard, or on your side of the field. This card's level, ATK, DEF, type and name becomes equal to that of the target. Once per turn, you can target 1 "Freak" effect monster you control, this card gains that target's effect until the End Phase.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Spells]

eBWEP2I.jpg
Effect: Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Freak" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck by using monsters you control as Fusion Materials (this Special Summon counts as a Fusion Summon). This card cannot be destroyed while there is a "Freak" Fusion monster on the field. When a "Freak" Fusion monster is Fusion summoned: gain 500 Life Points.
This card is one of my main cards. It provides an easy way to fusion summon my "Freak" monsters, as well as keeping my life points high.  I fear that it may be a little overpowered however.

vX1FOvl.jpg
Effect: You must have this many "Freak" counters on the field to activate and resolve these effects.
2+: All "Freak" monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF
3+: All "Freak" monsters in both players hands lose 2 levels
4+: All "Freak" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle
6+: Level 3 or below "Freak" monsters are unaffected by non-"Freak" card effects
7+: All "Freak" monsters can attack your opponent directly. When you do, their ATK are halved during damage calculation only.

This is my main field spell, but because of how easily i can get Freak counters on the field I fear this might be overpowered.VSPbP8g.jpg

Effect: Activate only if "Eric - The Freak Magician" and "Henry - The Freak bodyguard" are both on the field. Tribute 1 "Eric - The Freak Magician". Then, target 1 "Henry - The Freak Bodyguard". That target loses 2000 DEF points, and gains 2700 ATK points.
This spell card might be a little overpowered but I hope the restrictions are good enough. That is why I forced Henry to be special summoned in defense mode, so that you can't simply take away his DEF points with no punishment.  However, with cards like Double Summon and Stop Defense, it could still be overpowered. I want to hear your thoughts.

MpYT6Qw.jpg
Effect: When "Brandon - The Freak Fighter" attacks, you can add this card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Activate only if "Brandon - The Freak Fighter" is on the field. All "Freak" monsters gain 100 ATK x the number of Freak Counters on the field. Also, "Brandon - The Freak Fighter" cannot be targeted for attacks. When "Brandon - The Freak Fighter" leaves the field, destroy this card.
Time for the Brandon cards! These cards focus around Normal Freak monsters, such as Brandon and Henry. The first of these is Brandon's Land, a powerful boost for all my Freak monsters, as they don't have much ATK anyway. I would like to know though if this card is overpowered at all though.  Please leave your thoughts.
GTFMabB.jpg
Effect: Equip only to a "Freak" monster. The equipped monster gains 300 ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster is a Normal monster, it gains the following effect:
-Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to place 1 card on the field to the top of its owner's deck.

I think this card is pretty good on Brandon, and even Henry, especially if he has the buff from Early Freak Performance.

rg0eUKW.jpg

Effect: Add 1 "Freak" monster from your deck to your hand. Then, if there are Freak Counters on the field (min. 2), you can Special Summon 1 "Freak" monster from your hand. That monster cannot attack the turn it was Summoned and it's effects are negated until the End Phase.

This card is great for more hand control and field presence. Since Yoyo and Zak can't be Special Summoned, this card isn't that overpowered.

o2wnuhU.jpg

Effect: Destroy Spell/Trap cards up to the number of "Freak" counters on the field. Then, roll a dice. Special Summon 1 "Freak" monster whose level is equal to the number rolled. Ignore its Summoning conditions.

This card is a little more OP but harder to use. It can be used to summon Zak and Yoyo.

65KoADA.jpg

Effect: You can Normal Summon or Set 1 "Freak" monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set the turn you activate this card. Add 1 "Freak" Spell card from your deck to your hand.

This card is great for getting useful spells and setting up the Eric - Henry - Early Freak Performance combo.

eKBr6Iv.jpg

Effect: Target 1 Level 4 or higher monster your opponent controls. Return all face-up Xyz monsters to the Extra Deck. All monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK x their level until the End Phase.

This card is great for getting rid of annoying Xyz monsters and weakening the enemy.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Traps]
Y0w4GYZ.jpg
Effect: This card cannot be activated except if you control a "Freak" monster (min. 1) When your opponent summons a monster, you can activate this card. Destroy that monster. Then, Special Summon 1 "Freak Token" of the same attribute as the destroyed monster (Level 1/Warrior-type/ATK 0/DEF 0) Put 1 Freak counter on that token.
This card is one of my main traps.  It is very useful for stopping powerful cards, and can help get different attribute monsters.

2x3p3D6.jpg

Effect: Banish, from your Graveyard, "F - Freak Call", "R - Random Freakiness", "E - Emergency Freak Performance" and "A - Awkward Freak Attack". Destroy cards on the field up to the amount of Freak Counters on the field x 2. This effect cannot be negated while "Freak Ville" is face-up on the field.

This card is a game ender. Although it is hard to fulfill the requirements, if you can, this can devastate your opponent, as even Stardust Dragon or Dark Bribe can't stop it if you have "Freak Ville". And Freak Counters aren't hard to come by, especially with Yoyo.

5RIOPe3.jpg
Effect: Activate only if you have a "Freak" monster in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can banish one of your "Freak" monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard a card to banish 1 Spell/Trap card on your opponent's side of the field, as long as "Broyo - The Freak Ambassador" is on the field. This card is always considered a "Freak" card.
Yep, Broyo has his own support trap!  This card can easily banish monsters to aid Broyo's effects.
cILMAuD.jpg

Effect: Activate only when you discard card(s) by a "Freak" card effect. During the End Phase of the turn you activated this card: draw cards equal to the amount of cards you discarded this turn by a "Freak" card effect.

This card is great for keeping good hand control, because my "Freak" cards require a lot of discarding. This would make it easier to go through the deck and keep cards in my hand.

XbBOvah.jpg

Effect: Activate only when you discard card(s) by the effect of a "Freak" card: Draw 2 cards.

This card is great for hand control and deck thinning. So far my deck is kind of a beatdown burn and swarm combined. I know it sounds op, but if you think so, please leave the specifics.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler Fusions]

84Fl51s.jpg
Effect: "Francisco - The Freak Pikeman" + "Larry - The Lazy Freak"
When this card is Fusion Summoned by the effect of a "Freak" Spell Card, it gains 300 ATK and DEF for each LIGHT or DARK monster on the field. When a Spell/Trap card is activated, place 1 Freak Counter on this card. When this card would be destroyed, remove 1 Freak Counter instead. When this card destroys a defense position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Freak" monster from your hand.

Time for the fusions!  This freakish blob is very useful as it can get very high attack points depending on the situation. I wonder if he is overpowered as with him I can swarm the field fast. Let me know if so.
XuKq4a9.jpg
Effect: "Yoyo - The Freak Master" + "Brandon - The Freak Fighter"
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Freak" card. Once per turn, You can discard 1 card; Special Summon one of your banished "Freak" monsters. Once per turn, You can pay 1000 life points; Place 1 Freak counter on a card on the field. Place 1 Freak counter on that monster. This card gains 300 ATK for every Freak counter on the field. If this card would be destroyed, remove 1 Freak counter from a card on the field to instead.

This guy is VERY strong, might even be overpowered.  Like 3200 attack points and he gets 300 for every counter on the field? I consider that strong. Only problem with my Freak monsters so far is that they can easily be destroyed with card effects, as they don't have much defense against those, but that is good as a deck of invincible monsters is too overpowered.  However, Broyo and Yoyo are extremely hard to destroy, so let me know if I should tweak these two.

lniH5su.jpg
Effect""Yoyo - The Freak Master" + 1 FIRE monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned by the effect of a "Freak" Spell Card, it gains 300 ATK for every FIRE or "Freak" monster on the field. Once per turn, you can remove 3 Freak counters from 3 different cards on the field; pay 1000 life points. When you do, destroy all monsters on the field. Then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the total ATK of all FIRE or "Freak" monsters destroyed by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase on the turn you activate this effect.

This guy is kind of hard to summon in my deck, but with Freakish Trap Hole and Devin - The Elemental Freak it should at least be possible. In conjunction with Lucas - The Freak Knight's effect, this card can be a little OP though.

[/spoiler]

So those were my cards!  I still have a lot more to make, but first please let me know if I should tweak some of them! Thanks for reading!

That artwork is certainly original. That is somethign you don't see often, so kudos for that. 

I actually like the general system, although Yoyo is very low of ATK for a tribute monster. Even with his effect, crank it up to 2100 maybe. 

Thanks for the suggestion, I will take it into account.  However I gave him really low attack points on purpose, so that his Effect wouldnt be overpowered.  Considering he is invincible as long as he has a Freak counter on the field, he can simply place one on himself and be practically impossible to destroy (the only way would be to negate his effect) so if I gave him much more attack he would dominate, but still a good suggestion, so I will probably change it to be 2000.

Your OCG is a little bit off, but that's okay, you gonna improve it with time :) . I will try to fix your OCG (I'm not the best at this but I'll give it a try). Let's do a Quick Review:

• Yoyo the Freak Master

OCG fixes:

This card cannot be Special Summoned. You can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Freak" monster from your hand. That "Freak" gains 1 Freak Counter Put 1 Freak counter on that monster. This card cannot be destroyed while there is Freak Counter(s) on the field. If a card with Freak Counter(s) would be destroyed; remove 1 Freak Counter from it instead. You can pay 1000 Life Points; target 1 card on the field. Put 1 Freak Counter on that target. This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each Freak Counter on the field. You can only activate each effect of "Yoyo the Freak Master" Once per turn

*This card is a little bit overpowered for a 1 tribute monster, so I suggest to make it as Level 7 or 8 monster and add this clause "This card cannot be Special Summoned" since your opponent can't get rid of this card easily, so it won't be fair to your opponent. You know what I mean... also I suggest adding this clause "You can only activate each effect of "Yoyo the Freak Master" Once per turn "

• Freak Fusion

OCG fixes:

Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 "Freak" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck by using monsters from your side of the field you control as Fusion Materials (This Special Summon counts as a Fusion Summon.) This card cannot be destroyed while there is a Freak Fusion monster on the field. Whenever When a "Freak" Fusion monster is Fusion summoned: gain 500 Life Points.

*(Why u donnu add quotation marks) Well, a continuous Fusion Spell is kinda new... but since you can only use monsters on your side of the field as fusion materials, I think it would be balanced.

• Freakish Trap Hole

OCG fixes:

This card cannot be activated unless except if you control a "Freak" monster (min. 1) When your opponent summons a monster, you can activate this card. Take control of that monster. It gains Put 1 Freak counter on that monster, also it cannot attack or be tributed for a tribute summon. That monster is destroyed on during your next End Phase. This card is always considered a "Freak" card.

The last part makes no sense, sine the card's name contains Freak "Freakish Trap Hole". This card is OP, you take control of an opponent's monster without a big cost, it only requires having a "Freak" monster.... and then, boof, it banished in the air... I suggest remaking this card, maybe an effect that looks like "Trap Hole" Family...

• Freak Ville

OCG fixes:

This card gains the following effects based on how many Freak counters there are on field the number of Freak counters on the field.
2: All "Freak" monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF
3: Reduce the Level of "Freak" monsters in both players hand by 2 levels
4: All "Freak" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle (!)
6: All "Freak" monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects (!)
+7: All "Freak" monsters can attack your opponent directly. When you do, their ATK are halved during damage Calculation only.

Well, as you noticed, I suggest raising the number of "Freak" counters needed for each effect, also you should either Battle or effect protection, or it will be the most broken card ever...

• Francisco, the Freak Pikeman

OCG fixes:

When this card destroys a defense position monster, your opponent loses life points equal to the difference between this card's ATK and the destroyed monster's DEF, Inflict Piercing Battle Damage to your Opponent. This card gains 500 ATK as long as "Gary - The Fat Freak" is on the field.

Well, it doesn't serve this archetype in any means, useless, also a 2000 ATK beater is nothing nowadays...

• Gary - The Fat Freak

OCG Fixes:

Your opponent cannot target other "Freak" monsters you control for Battle except this one. When a Spell or Trap card is activated, Put 1 Fat Counter on this card. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove 2 Fat Counters instead. As long as "Francisco - The Freak Pikeman" is on the field this card gains 500 DEF points.

Seems okay, it's an easy target to destroy. a Balanced card. But I would like rather if it could work with Freak counters instead to support the Archetype.

• Eric - the Freak Magician

Because of this part "add 1 Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand" many cards were banned, I suggest you to change this effect to something like add 1 "Freak" card from the graveyard to your hand.

Until now those are the main ideas and suggestions that I have at the moment about these cards.. and I'm tired. I think I'll continue tomorrow..

Overall, this is a nice start. Keep going... and for the card's pictures, here is something that could help you

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/273595-good-places-to-find-pics-for-your-card-needs/

Thank you a lot TEM23!  I know the rules of OCG it's just that I am very lazy and not very careful, but your post helped me a lot with the editing.  Also, thanks for helping me with how to make them more balanced!  I am not the best at that.  Also, I realize that Francisco is not that useful, so I am thinking of a way to get him to acquire Freak counters in order to help my deck.  Anyway, thank you a lot!  I am very pleased with your suggestions!

Thank you a lot TEM23!  I know the rules of OCG it's just that I am very lazy and not very careful, but your post helped me a lot with the editing.  Also, thanks for helping me with how to make them more balanced!  I am not the best at that.  Also, I realize that Francisco is not that useful, so I am thinking of a way to get him to acquire Freak counters in order to help my deck.  Anyway, thank you a lot!  I am very pleased with your suggestions!

np!! and as I promise, I'll review the rest of your cards soon...

This is literally too perfect. Artwork is spot on. I'm digging the kitchy MS paint look a lot, and I don't even know why.

Lucas the Freak Knight is a baller. Him being on the field allows for massive protection, and cards that insta summon would prowl the advantages of it. Especially CotD (as it is chainable to cards like Dark Hole and Mirror Force) which would then pop Lucas alone and leave your other big dogs be. As far as grammar goes, everyone has mistakes and the above do well in pointing it out. I also like the fact that you bring a little humor into the game. Honestly, you done good son. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haha I agree with RickiMinaj, these cards are the cat's meow. I would get these cards in real life solely for the originality. I remember someone made a set before that also utilized MS paint artwork and it was very well received. Yours beats it though since you used color.

Ok i just created the Black and White Freak combo. These guys make the archetype a lot more viable. i am also thinking of making a tuner monster that allows me to summon synchros. Because, Why not? Synchros could help the fusions, although they won't be as good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived