Ritual Support (Inspired by Forbidden Memories)

erederiu

Compared to all the other colored monster cards, rituals really got the short end of the stick, barely able to keep up with synchro and xyz because of how hard they are to set up, maintain, and recovery from their removal being very hard compared to them(Gishkis being the only exception to this). So today i bring you my small collection of creations meant to assist rituals in keeping up with the meta.

any criticism is accepted and will be taken into account.

dI7X9oI.jpg

This card was created with rituals whose effects only activate when ritual summoned (Garlandolf and Northwemko mostly) in mind. the tributing is supposed to work with the Djinns. The Array depicted in the card is the Summoning circle that appears on the 3D battles of Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories.

uzpy8w0.jpg

The two main problems on using the ritual mechanic are:

1: They require a lot of deck space dedicated to gather the pieces necessary for the ceremony.

2: Really easy to stop before they do any damage, which results on a huge loss of resources.

This Field card, based on the location with the same name on Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories, is meant to both gather the cards necessary for a summon, search the Ritual cards and make sure our rituals arrive and stay on the field for at least the turn they are summoned.the cards searched by its effects allow for a quick way to gather the pieces of the ceremony and the ability to send the various Djinns of Rituals to the graveyard makes the rituals performed in this hallowed site a lot more dangerous.

JNBjERk.jpg

The Millennium Spellbook, according to the final season of Yu-Gi-Oh!, was the book that contained the instructions to create the Millennium Items and tap into the dark powers of the Shadow games. Similarly, this Card allows you to search for ritual spells and, at the same time, retrieve fallen ritual monsters from the grave. The restriction of not being able to search for "Gishki Aquamirror"  was put there because Gishki Decks already have all the search and recycle power they need and not needing any extra seaching from cards outside the archetype.

2 Things;

I love the Ritual Support, and I really like the idea, feel, and the overall status of the three cards.

And I also have to point out 1 or 2 things about the cards themselves.

The field can say a "Djinn" Monster. It's not really opening any loopholes, so I'd replace the current name requirement with just "Djinn."

Also, Sigil cannot summon Garlandolf, or in fact Northwemko. They both need to be summoned by the appropriate Rituals. I would add "Regardless of any summoning conditions."

2 Things;

I love the Ritual Support, and I really like the idea, feel, and the overall status of the three cards.

And I also have to point out 1 or 2 things about the cards themselves.

The field can say a "Djinn" Monster. It's not really opening any loopholes, so I'd replace the current name requirement with just "Djinn."

Also, Sigil cannot summon Garlandolf, or in fact Northwemko. They both need to be summoned by the appropriate Rituals. I would add "Regardless of any summoning conditions."

Actually, sigil works like ARA in the sense that it can summon anything (they really need to update the errata on ritual monsters). And yes i tested it on YGOPRO 

EDIT: Will correct the Forbidden Ruins

Archived