Retrained a Couple of Old Machines

wightpower

Just felt like retraining two classic Machine-types from long ago, and a related equip spell. Coincidentally, they were all used by Bandit Keith.

Sinister Slot Machine

462458.jpg              

Effect: When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, and if it was "Lucky 7 Completed"; Increase your Life Points by 700. For every "Lucky 7 Completed" this card is equipped with, choose 1 Monster Card type (Normal, Effect, Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz, or Pendulum): This card cannot be destroyed by a monster of the chosen card type(s).

I always wished they'd do something creative with Slot Machine, since it basically had its own signature equip spell in 7-Completed. This retrain lets you immunize it from effects and battle with a chosen type of enemy, and I thought it meshed with the whole, ATK or DEF only nature of 7-Completed, that the same card can't give you both boosts. I hoped to make 7 Completed worthy of including in a deck over the myriad of superior equip and quick-play spells designed since the first series, and so it too was retrained.

Lucky 7 Completed

462459.jpg              

Effect: Equip only to a Machine-type monster. The equipped monster gains 700 ATK or DEF. (You cannot change your choice while this card remains face-up on the field). When the equipped monster is targeted by an opponent's Spell or Trap Card: You can toss a coin and call it, heads or tails; if you call it right, the opponent's card is negated and destroyed.

And, completely unrelated to the above–

Perilous Pendulum Machine

462457.jpg              

Effect: When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 Pendulum Monster from your Deck to your hand. While you control a Pendulum Card in each of your Pendulum Zones, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 Pendulum Monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Sorry I didn't draw any images for these. I didn't think they required anything big, and I kind of like the old designs. I'd like to see more old cards get either retrains or some other revival as the game continues to advance and expand. It'd be nice to relive some nostalgia from when everything started. Plenty of great ideas that got buried under progress and deserve re-imagining, you know?

Archived