[Finished]Warrior-Type Contest [Lock]

Admiral Tim

If you guys don't know me, I'm Majortim.  Back in the day I held a fair number of card making contests.  My contests were specifically centred around a single type of monster-card.  I believe I have covered 5 types so far, Dinosaur, Plant, Pyro, Beast-Warrior and Fiend.  Anyways this is my 6th contest I've hosted and I've decided the theme will be Warrior monsters.

Warrior types are fairly common among the Yu-Gi-Oh universe.  So suit up in your armour and brandish your swords.  Let the contest begin!

[spoiler= Rules]

1 - All YCM rules apply

2 - Judging is to be done by me and me only

3 - First 10 members to register will be accepted

4 - Entrance fee is 25 points

5 - First place will receive 100 points and 3 reps, second will receive 50 points and 2 reps, third place will receive 1 rep.

6 - Please follow the guidelines for each round

7 - All cards are to be posted here unless otherwise stated.

8 - There will be five rounds with two people eliminated each round.

9 - There will be time limits given each round, if you do not meet these expect disqualification. 

Cards will be judged on this format:

Image: /5

Effect: /10

Balance and playability: /5

Total: /20

A brief explanation will be included displaying my thoughts and an explanation for your grade. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Contestants]

1- UnendingEmpire

2- ~Renegade~

3- wightpower

4- Aqua Hina

5- Electric Wizard

6- Tem 23

7- Josholche

8- Cat O' Nine Tails

9- tomasjcs

10- Qliphoth Tool

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler= Round 1 Rules and Entries]

Round one is an open round, create any Warrior type monster you like but it must have an effect. 

Entries:

[spoiler= UnenedingEmpire]

WTQSBXT.jpg

Lore: 

You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its Level becomes 4.  You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing two monsters, and if you do, its Level becomes 8.  This card's original ATK is equal to its Level x400.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= ~Renegade~]

gbm3ybJ.jpg

Lore:

Once per turn, if you control more Equip Spells than face-up monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 face-up Equip Spell Card you control; draw 1 card. You can only control 1 face-up "Ancestor of the Noble King."

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= wightpower]

VnniK74.jpg

Lore:

You must pay 600 Life Points to Summon this card. While this card is in the Extra Deck, the opponent of this card's owner can pay 1000 Life Points and send the necessary Synchro Materials from their field to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon this monster to their field. Negate the effects of any monster this card attacks.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Aqua Hina]

qUJYKbR.jpg

Lore:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned in face-up Attack Position: You can target 1 card on the field; banish that target. When this card is targeted for an attack or by your opponent's card effect: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Celestial Knight" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Electric Wizard]

4v35lZt.jpg

Lore:

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Banish any monster destroyed by battle with this card. Negate the effects of an opponent's monster destroyed by battle with this card. You cannot Summon other monsters.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= TEM 23]

212658LVS8JunkSwordsman.png

Lore:

"Junk Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a face-up Attack position monster: Destroy that monster. You must have 3 or more “Junk” Synchro monsters in the Graveyard to activate and to resolve this effect.  When this card is destroyed; add 1 “Junk Synchron” from your Graveyard to your hand. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= josholche]

cnlmKKp.jpg

Lore:

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If you control no monsters, and this card is in your hand: You can send 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card. If this card is banished: You can add 1 "Noble Arm" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cat O' Nine Tails]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= tomasjcs]

Lore:

1 Six Samurai Synchro Monster + 1 Six Samurai or Shien Effect Monster

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted by the above fusion Material Monster's. This card cannot be destroyed by Spell and Traps. During the damage step when this card attacks an opponents monster, increase this cards ATK equal to the opponents monsters ATK until the end of Damage Step. If this face up card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face up Six Samurai Monster you control instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Qliphoth Tool]

bxLVdgt.jpg

Lore:

While this card is face-up on the field, any monster effects that activated in your opponent's Graveyard are negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 card on the field; this turn, if it would be sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Round 2 Rules and Entries]

Double card round!!!  Many Warriors typically wield a weapon of some sort, be it blade, axe, mace.  Your task this week is to create a vanilla (Without effect) warrior type monster and an equip spell card that specifically supports this monster.  As a type I would recommend making the vanilla monster's flavour text interesting as possible (Legend, backstory, etc) 

[spoiler= Unending Empire]

vC2dc7N.jpg

9aTuBTm.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= ~Renegade~]

BZRmWA7.jpg

Lore:

'Twas born but a kitchen boy,
Not one to glance at twice.
But through strength of heart,
And  soul of might,
He proved himself the right
To take up sword along his brothers.
To fight amongst his kin.
Gauryth, the Noble Knight
And champion of men.
-From the Tales of Noble Knights

ToKH8hu.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= wightpower]

RftjPNy.jpg

nj5GP46.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Aqua Hina]

pXJ2ctK.jpg

lmaUqVM.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Tem 23]

788361LNV8KratosLethalChampion.png

936139SBladeofChaos.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Josholche]

ZHK5iSG.jpg

8P8pOeq.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= tomasjcs]

See Attached images

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Qliphoth Tool]

B8rK5dF.jpg

Vjviuc0.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Round 3 Rules and Entries]

Specific Round!!!

Make a Xyz monster that has an effect related to raising its own ATK and/or DEF.  (Creativity is a must here). 

[spoiler= Unending Empire]

iDDfhLs.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= ~Renegade~]

dV21WVa.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= wightpower]

ZcehYlc.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Aqua Hina]

o476wcC.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Tem 23]

994999R4FiendishCrusaderofDemise.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Qliphoth Tool]

ONAFDxl.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Round 4 Rules and Entries]

Vs. Round!!! Four of you remain, I will randomly pair you then make a new thread in 1 vs 1 forum and let other people judge who is the best card!  The two winners advance to fight for 1st and 2nd, the losers fight for third!  The first to 10 votes win!

The Parings: [wightpower vs. Qliphoth Tool] and [~Renegade~ vs. Tem 23] 

Rules:

Make a synchro warrior monster (with effect) that is a water attribute.  (Effect creativity is heavily recommended).

[spoiler= ~Renegade~]

OxqzVOY.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Wightpower]

xx8soif.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Tem 23]

207261LVS10KingoftheIceBarrier.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Qlipoth Tool]

aF5vy9T.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Round 5 Rules and Entries]

Make a warrior type monster who's effect activates when it is discarded to the graveyard (The rest is up to you). 

[spoiler= Tem23]

LV4_Doomcaliber_Spearman.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Qliphoth Tool]

CnVRJhp.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Winners:

1st - Qliphoth Tool

2nd - Tem 23

3rd - TBA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might as well enter. Sending points and drawing the image. Are Synchros and such allowed for Round 1 or does it have to be a standard Effect Monster?

While I wait for you to answer that, here's my entry:

[spoiler=Shredhunter]

kSCJHej.jpg

effect: 1 non-Tuner monster + 1 or more Tuner monsters

You must declare this card in your Extra Deck to your opponent. You must pay 600 Life Points when you Summon this card. While this card is in the Extra Deck, the opponent of this card's owner can pay 1000 Life Points and send the necessary Synchro Materials from their field to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon this monster to their field. Negate the effects of any monster this card attacks.

[spoiler=Background]
I wanted to make something based off of Torapart, and somehow I wound up making this guy. A chainsaw-wielding bounty hunter counts for this, right? Felt like pushing the envelope with Synchros with this one. As such, his Material requirements are flipped around, making him easier or harder to summon depending on the other cards in the deck. Whether its Synchro Summoning or bringing him back from the grave or banishment, he needs to be paid like a mercenary, and I felt like matching his Life Point price to his star rating. His High ATK and effect-negating-effect are meant to balance that. I also had fun with the other quirk in his effect – opponents can buy his services from your Extra Deck, provided they have the requirements and 1000 Life Points to spare. I liked the combo of using him with Owner's Seal. Trick your opponent into summoning him with their own Life Points, then use Owner's Seal to get him back for free.
Because of how experimental the effect felt, I'm not 100% sure if all the OCG is correct, so call out any errors you find. If you want to see the uncropped image, it's here: http://wightpower.deviantart.com/art/YGO-Shredhunter-462842955
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Figured I could edit some things before the deadline of round 1. Hopefully that gives me a few more points going ahead.

I might as well enter. Sending points and drawing the image. Are Synchros and such allowed for Round 1 or does it have to be a standard Effect Monster?

While I wait for you to answer that, here's my entry:

[spoiler=Shredhunter]

VnniK74.jpg

effect: 1 non-Tuner monster + 1 or more Tuner monsters

You must pay 600 Life Points to Summon this card. While this card is in the Extra Deck, the opponent of this card's owner can pay 1000 Life Points and send the necessary Synchro Materials from their field to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon this monster to their field. Negate the effects of any monster this card attacks.

[spoiler=Background]
I wanted to make something based off of Torapart, and somehow I wound up making this guy. A chainsaw-wielding bounty hunter counts for this, right? Felt like pushing the envelope with Synchros with this one. As such, his Material requirements are flipped around, making him easier or harder to summon depending on the other cards in the deck. Whether its Synchro Summoning or bringing him back from the grave or banishment, he needs to be paid like a mercenary, and I felt like matching his Life Point price to his star rating. His High ATK and effect-negating-effect are meant to balance that. I also had fun with the other quirk in his effect – opponents can buy his services from your Extra Deck, provided they have the requirements and 1000 Life Points to spare. I liked the combo of using him with Owner's Seal. Trick your opponent into summoning him with their own Life Points, then use Owner's Seal to get him back for free.
Because of how experimental the effect felt, I'm not 100% sure if all the OCG is correct, so call out any errors you find. If you want to see the uncropped image, it's here: http://wightpower.deviantart.com/art/YGO-Shredhunter-462842955
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

They are allowed, I just meant that the card could not be a standard vanilla monster.  Anyways welcome to the contest! 

hmm I've never seen you around before, but guess that's also your line :lol: anyway I'll join this

[spoiler='Entry']

qUJYKbR.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned in face-up Attack Position: You can target 1 card on the field; banish that target. When this card is targeted for an attack or by your opponent's card effect: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Celestial Knight" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Entry']4v35lZt.jpg

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Banish any monster destroyed by battle with this card. Negate the effects of an opponent's monster destroyed by battle with this card. You cannot Summon other monsters.[/spoiler]

I'm in.. :D
here's my card
[spoiler="My Entry"]

243051LVS8JunkSwordsman.png

"Junk Synchron" + 1 or more non-tuner monsters

At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a face-up Attack position monster: Destroy that monster. You must have 1 or more “Junk” Synchro monster(s) in the Graveyard to activate and to resolve this effect.  When this card is destroyed; add 1 “Junk Synchron” from the Graveyard to your hand.  

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Entry]
cnlmKKp.jpg
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If you control no monsters, and this card is in your hand: You can send 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card. If this card is banished: You can add 1 "Noble Arm" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
[/spoiler]

I'll compete

Six Samurai Shogun-Shien

Level 10

Fire

ATK2500/2400

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted by the above fusion Material Monster's. This card cannot be destroyed by Spell and Traps. During the damage step when this card attacks an opponents monster, increase this cards ATK equal to the opponents monsters ATK until the end of Damage Step. If this face up card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face up Six Samurai Monster you control instead.

I'll compete

Six Samurai Shogun-Shien

Level 10

Fire

ATK2500/2400

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted by the above fusion Material Monster's. This card cannot be destroyed by Spell and Traps. During the damage step when this card attacks an opponents monster, increase this cards ATK equal to the monster opponents monsters ATK until the end of Damage Step. If this face up card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face up Six Samurai Monster you control instead.

If you could please make that into an actual card with an image that would be great thanks. 

Points sent

[spoiler='here's my card']

bxLVdgt.jpg

Lore:

While this card is face-up on the field, any monster effects that activated in your opponent's Graveyard are negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 card on the field; this turn, if it would be sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead.

[/spoiler]

Contest is full, anyone who has not submitted their card has 24 hours front his point to do so. 

I'll compete

Six Samurai Shogun-Shien

Level 10

Fire

ATK2500/2400

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted by the above fusion Material Monster's. This card cannot be destroyed by Spell and Traps. During the damage step when this card attacks an opponents monster, increase this cards ATK equal to the monster opponents monsters ATK until the end of Damage Step. If this face up card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face up Six Samurai Monster you control instead.

You have 24 hours to add an image to your card or I judge as is 

BZRmWA7.jpg

'Twas born but a kitchen boy,
Not one to glance at twice.
But through strength of heart,
And  soul of might,
He proved himself the right
To take up sword along his brothers.
To fight amongst his kin.
Gauryth, the Noble Knight
And champion of men.
-From the Tales of Noble Knights
[spoiler=Note]
In true Arthurian legend, Sir Gareth disguised himself as a kitchen boy and under that guise he proved himself to be a worthy man of the sword. Akin to Gawain, Agravian, Gaheris, and Mordred, he fought on the side of his uncle, King Arthur.
[/spoiler]

ToKH8hu.jpg
You can only control 1 face-up "Noble Arms of Proven Right". Equip only to a Warrior-Type monster. It gains 300 ATK. If the equipped monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can discard 1 card; the equipped monster gains 200 ATK, until the end of the Battle Phase, and can attack again in a row. Any Direct Battle Damage inflicted is halved. This effect of "Noble Arms of Proven Right" can only be used once per turn. If this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Warrior-Type "Noble Knight" monster you control; equip this card to that target. You can only use this effect of "Noble Arms of Proven Right" once per turn.
[spoiler=Note]
Playing off the sword and dagger depiction in the monster above, this equip spell allows for a second attack after proving one's skill in battle by destroying an opponent's monster. 
[/spoiler]

Okaay, here's my entry

[spoiler='Hail the Fallen Deity of War']

788361LNV8KratosLethalChampion.png

Born a Spartan, Kratos held the military rank of General, before extracting his revenge on the Olympians who betrayed him.  Due to his abilities, Kratos is able to defeat monsters, magical beings, titans and even the Gods themselves.

936139SBladeofChaos.png

Equip only to “Kratos, Lethal Champion”. When the Equipped monster destroys a monster your opponent controls, it gains ATK equal to half  ATK of the destroyed monster. A monster that Battles the equipped monster has its effects negated until the End of the Damage Step. Once per turn during your Standby Phase, if you control no monsters: You can reveal this card in your hand; Special Summon 1 “Kratos, Lethal Champion” from your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect. You can only control 1 face-up “Blade of Chaos”. During each of your End Phases; Pay 800 Life points or Destroy this card.

[/spoiler]

Archived