Do you guys, actually lift? (srs)

Tormented

I'm talking about actively working out, etc. Does anyone do it?

I do a little-not a lot but enough to try and improve my fitness, 100 sit ups a day and 50 (I think It's around 4.5kg each side of the weight so roughly around 9kg) lifts on each arm once a day (unless I'm feeling like crap) which I've been increasing as I feel more comfortable.

I'm s*** at eating healthy mind you, don't eat veg at all and Fruit is never really purchased enough for me to eat it, I would drink like smoothies etc but we don't have a blender.

SO point of this thread is to wonder if anyone does any exercise and would like to discuss their routines etc and "tips" for others.

Don't feel insensitive about posting what it is you do or if you'd like to exercise and need some help getting the extra push, we should all be here to help each other, and if anyone is being an insensitive asshole I'll be sure to get the mods to deal with them.

DDPYOGA.jpg

"No weights involved"

I started doing DDP Yoga last year and enjoyed it but dropped off over xmas due to illness/lending the DVDs out, but back on the wagon now and doing pretty much four days a week at the minute. Having a regular routine/timetable to stick to really helps more than just 'what shall I do today?' Really improved my flexibility and body tone and the psychological benefits are good for me.

Now I'm off nights I intend to start jogging again in the mornings next week if my body clock is a bit more back to normal; as the DDP doesn't do so much for really improving cardio IMHO. I only really jogging in the mornings when it's cooler/quieter/I've just got up and can't feel the pain so much :P

Surprised those programmes actually work! I always thought they were scams or at least don't give the benefit they assume to give-but it's great that it does, If all is well and good I plan on heading to the Gym once I start feeling more comfortable with exercising, I've only recently started doing within the past year or so but glad that you're doing something.

I should really probably start going out on runs a bit more but, that's a pain because I'd require me to wake up every morning at about 5 if I'm to get everything to still fit in with my regular schedule.

Surprised those programmes actually work! I always thought they were scams or at least don't give the benefit they assume to give-but it's great that it does, If all is well and good I plan on heading to the Gym once I start feeling more comfortable with exercising, I've only recently started doing within the past year or so but glad that you're doing something.

I should really probably start going out on runs a bit more but, that's a pain because I'd require me to wake up every morning at about 5 if I'm to get everything to still fit in with my regular schedule.

Yeah some of them are dodgy, and I wouldn't say as much as I enjoy it that DDP offers everything as the most complete workout. I think you do need to do something else like jogging alongside it to supplement it and make it more well rounded as a programme. But that's the same as anything. You have to do all the others bit like eating right and sleeping right et all, you can't just do a program and think 'this will fix everything by itself' because it won't.

I try my best to run 2.5 miles a day on my treadmil and I swim whenever my scheduele opens up. For my upper body, I do 20 Pull Ups and lift 20 pounds (not much huh? I'm somewhat weak). As an alternate to when I don't have access to my treadmill, I jog around my neighborhood for about 30-45 minutes and jump rope. When I don't have access to my weights, I do 30 pushups and 30 jumping jacks.

I've started on a healthier eating diet, cutting cards and hitting veg a lot harder.

Every two days or so, go down to the pool to do some swimming. Really gonna start getting to cutting musclays rather than simply losing weight soon. Probably will do what yer doin' now Tormy.

Archived