YCM Freelance Club

[SPOILER=What is it about?]

This club is specially made to create friends, and discuss the subject/forum of your specialty. Examples being Creative Written Piece or Role Plays. Then, you can share your interests with other club members.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Role Plays and Fan Fiction]

You can advertise your Role Plays or Creative Written work here. Make sure your work isn't from outside of YCM and if you are stuck at something or struggling to get people in, feel free to talk to us about it.

1. Trio of DEF II by Jake The Sage

2. Returning to Ancient China by Chaotic Angel

You can advertise using this:

[SPOILER=Advertisement Slip]

Your Work Title:

Is it a RP or a FF?

URL:

[/SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Rules]

There's only a few rules around here.

1. Don't spam, flame or troll

2. Don't go off-topic. You can discuss what you like, but don't go astray with our current topic

3. You can advertise your Creative Written Piece or Role Plays here, make sure it's not outside of YCM though.

4. Don't start feuds with other club members.

Break any of those rules, and I will start kicking people out. If you start a feud with any of our club members, I will kick both, if not all members involved out of the club and incur a 24 hour ban. This club is supposed to be a peaceful environment.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Application Form]

Username:

No. of Stars:

Which Forum(s)/Subject(s) do you specialize in?: (Custom Cards, TCG/OCG, Creative Writing, RP, Graphics, Multimedia, etc.)

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Sample Application Form]

Username: Chaotic Angel

No. of Stars: 6

Which Forum(s)/Subject(s) do you specialize in?: Role Play, Clubs and Organisation

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Members]

President

Chaotic Angel

Vice President

Sakura Haruno

Members

1. Stone Cold Thar

2. M・HERO D-Ain

3. Holly Whyte

4. Mitcher Is Not Crash

5. Aix Zoldyck

6. Andx

7. EPTinYugi

8. Mugendramon

9. Agrobaba

10. Jake The Sage

11. Just Not My Dae

12. GundamSage

13. Merciful Idiot

14. Zai the Giant Robot Guy

[/SPOILER]

Suggestions are more than welcome in this club. If anything, I will add them in if necessary.

Welcome to your very own Freelance Club!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting this to be like one of those support clubs, that does all types of miscellaneous requests and help out people and all, based off the name(How would that work on an online forum though, I wouldn't know). Either way, joinin'

Username: Danna/Mitcher/A variation of the two names

No. of Stars: I dunno, gonna need to post this, check ,and then edit it in. EDIT: Huh, three stars. That good or bad?

Which Forum(s)/Subject(s) do you specialize in?: Forum: Anime and Manga Subjects: Anything pop culture Japan related is a go with me, and I try creative writing when I can(Not that I ever finish anything) along with fighting games and hentai and what not

Username: Monocle Dog

No. of Stars: 6 last time i checked

Which Forum(s)/Subject(s) do you specialize in?: As for forums: RP/Creative Writing, Anime/Manga, Video Games (Don't really post in those last two but i know the subject matter), clubs and organizations (i was quite the clubber here in the past) As for subjects: math, physics/science in general, 'Murican history, religion (mainly judeochristian), 'Murican politics (look at me go with all them controversial stuffs) and I think that's about it.

Why did the Roleplays stop you ask? It's a good qustion yes.

As with most everything on YCM, the general decline in user activity accounts for a lot of it I feel. Roleplayers never were a particularly large section of the user base so as the general amount of users and posting goes down you could imagine what would happen to the smaller groups simply from a proportional standpoint. While I'm sure a lot of what used to be posted was spam you have to admit when the top poster of the day has like 20 posts tops instead of 80+ like how it was a while back there's just not as much going on. If the top poster's doing 20 a day, what's everyone else doing?

Also I feel the RP section has been in a long and steady decline. I remember back when the advanced clause was optional and you could have basic rps with much less lines per post and essentially a lot less structure to everything. And I'll admit that while they're not the greatest RPs, as a beginner to it all I had a lot of fun in those basic RPs. I was young and it was cool and nothing really mattered. As I got a bit better at it I found I needed more to the structure/plot/design of the RP to be interested. And ultimately participating in or running an RP wasn't so much fun as it was "cool" or whatever and really was much more demanding.

So one might think, well cool we'll use basics to get people introduced to the idea and as they get better the advanced RPs come in to keep them going and we'll have a strong RPing base. Well that's not what happened here. The basic RPers only wanted to be basic RPers and to improve the general quality of the section the Advanced clause was enforced upon all RPs. And yes the RPs got better and such and it probably was for the good of the section. Though now that I think about less RPs started to get made around that time. It's not all that hard to crank out a basic RP, especially all the anime based ones that were running around.

But with that interestingly enough comes the same sort of situation we have going in custom cards. If you're already good at making cards you'll make them and everyone will praise you and tell you you're awesome. Much like if you make a good looking RP RPers will praise you for it. But if you're some new kid coming in for the first time and you post some poorly made card you get torn apart and likely don't make any more cards. So with no basic RPs the new comers try to come into the advanced RPs, don't make the best of apps, and obviously get glossed over in favor of the better RPers.

Then there's this thing that happens where people actually leave the site. Hard to believe I know especially if you consider stuff like my join date. (Lurking still can be entertaining, what can I say?). So eventually those good Custom Card makers either stop making cards or leave the forums or whatever else. And none of the newbies or bad card makers ever really got any better so now we have what we've got. RPs I feel went through much the same. The "good" RPers moved on/stopped RPing or whatever else and no one else ever really got to get going to replace them.

tl;dr:

People be too lazy to get good at RPing so instead the forum gets to die a slow and painful death.

Username: Sakura Haruno (you can just use Sakura if it's easier to remember)

No. of Stars: 6

Which Forum(s)/Subject(s) do you specialize in?:

Forums: Custom Cards, Introductions (depending if new members bother to make an intro), Questions & Answers, Games, occasionally the GFX section

Subjects: Fanfic stuff, mathematics (up to calculus 2), physics (nothing related to electricity though; just basic stuff on how engines work, rotational energy, etc), Pokemon design/competition, graphics (I am nowhere near Night's level, but good enough to do stuff). I have some misc. stuff that isn't mentioned.

For me, there just aren't any RP's I'm interested in. The one I was interested in lately was Aix's Fiore, but I ended up forgetting to actually work on my app so I could post it. >>''

I would be interested in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP, and I've had ideas for one too, I'm just an awful RP host. x-x

Yeah hosting's a pain. I don't know what it is but I've had many an RP that I loved and had a great time creating the premise for but once it got going hosting become a burden rather than an enjoyment.

It gets to the point where I'd rather just create the whole thing myself in a fanfic but that's a whole different kind of pain in and of itself.

There was a period of time, around last summer when I hosted A Certain Scientific Institute, that there happened to be a shitload of RPers. My RP had 20 people alone. Now, I don't even think there are 20 RPers. Some of these were old RPers who came back and some were new ones. These people did follow structure, but they sort of just disappeared off nonetheless. I wasn't mod at the time, so I didn't pay attention to why, but some just died off without goodbye. Examples I remember are hollowXcross, salseethrough, Kisumi-chan, who each had somewhere around 30-700 posts, but are just gone. So I actually have no idea why we are in such a state of decline.

However, a Yugioh forum is probably not the best place to start an active RP community because most of us come from other sections and there are no specially RPers that come here :/

Phosphorus doesn't even RP here lol.

If I didn't know that I would be incapable of controlling the RP, I would love to create something, but as is, I don't think I would be able to handle it by any means.

And I cannot keep the dedication to a fan fiction alive. I've tried to write a number of them, none of them lasted. x-x

However, a Yugioh forum is probably not the best place to start an active RP community because most of us come from other sections and there are no specially RPers that come here :/

Though it has lent itself to a great deal of yugioh RPs being created. Not sure that would have happened many other places. (Whether that's a good thing or not you can take as you will.)

And I cannot keep the dedication to a fan fiction alive. I've tried to write a number of them, none of them lasted. x-x

Story of my fanfic writing life. Even when all it really takes for me is roughly an hour of just cranking out the chapter I just don't keep going.

I used to RP quite a bit, but I didn't stop because of the Advanced Clause. It was mostly just out of lack of dedication on both sides. I think it's a drag to carry out making a long character app with the stretch of making a good first post, and I think the hosts of most RPs I join don't really feel like putting the time into keeping it active.

If I could just get the motivation together to get an RP running, I would. I'm just awful when it comes to planning for plot and things like that. x-x

Same here. Plus I'm just cursed when it comes to hosting an event, if not just on the forum. I remember trying to host some LARP events with my D&D club in high school, and every time, only one person shows up out of the 10 people in it. When I ask them why they couldn't make it (despite that they said they'd come), they'd say they forgot or something.

I was obviously not born to lead, that's for sure.

Archived