Acre The Magical Assistant (supplement to e.g. Breaker!)

thlch

Hi everybody, 

I just created 'Acre The Magical Assistant' (yup, 'Acre' rhymes with 'Breaker'!) which should be seen as a supplement to Breaker Genex Blastfan or Familiar-Possessed - Dharc (thanks to newhat!) and other Spellcasters. Because of it's effect, it allows to Synchro Summon Arkanite Magician (e.g.) in one turn (Acre is Lvl. 3 and a Tuner, Breaker Genex Blastfan e.g. is Level 4 --> Arkanite Magician).

It could fit well in Endymion / other Spell Counter decks Genex decks!. The limitation on 1 Spell Counter for itself and the cost for the additional Spell Counter on the Synchro Summoned monster should make this card fair, at least I hope so.

EDIT: Removed ''cannot be Special Summoned'' from the effect.

Here is the effect (EDIT - thanks to magemeek22):

Cannot be used as a Xyz Material for a Summon. When this card is Normal Summoned: Place 1 Spell Counter on it (max. 1). Once per turn, you can remove 1 Spell Counter from this card to Special Summon a Level 4 or lower 'Spellcaster'-type monster (from your Graveyard). When you Synchro Summon a Synchro monster using this card as a Synchro Material: You can pay 500 Life Points to place 1 additional Spell Counter on that Synchro monster (if possible).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Blizzard the Far North for Spellcasters? 

Giving Arcanite an extra counter is sweet but this has better synergy with Genex Blastfan or Familiar-Possessed - Dharc than with Breaker.

Yes you're absolutely right, it's very similar to Blackwing Blizzard The Far North  B)

I didn't thought of Genex before, awesome idea! It also works wonderfully with Dharc.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I love this card SOOOOOO much you don't even understand.

As a Spell Counter lover, it's nice to see someone else post support for these guys, and the card you posted works extremely well. Time for an indepth review/long compliment.

Artwork:

Really really nice artwork? Where'd you find this? I can never find adequate Spellcaster stuff anywhere :/

OCG:

Really really good, especially for a new member! Usually I rewrite it with corrections, but there's nothing major to correct here!

Effect Usefulness:

Spell Counter casters are really really weak most of the time, and one of their biggest issues is that, more often than not (at least for myself), hand power is short and defense is weak. Basically, your opponents wipe you out easily as you sit around and cry because you just used your entire hand setting up your field. This card, however, helps recover after such situations, making it a lot better than Exemplar when you're out of Spells to spam. Plus, the Arcanite Magician you revive gets even more powerful and added destructive ability. This card really would see a lot of play and quickly become another Exemplar to Spell Counter players.

Effect Balance:

Hmmm...the card is already quite (really) powerful. When Normal Summoned, you get to add a counter onto it and revive a Spellcaster-type monster from your Graveyard. Plus, its perfect material for Arcanite magician, making it far superior to, say, Night's End Sorcerer or Geomancer of the Ice Barrier. Well, except for one thing: this card can't be Special Summoned. I don't know if it would be too much removing that limitation, but it does impact this card's usefulness in a variety of ways that, to me, makes little sense. Since this card has to remove a Spell Counter from itself and only gets a counter on Normal Summon, why prevent it from being Special Summoned? This prevents it from being accessed by Magical Exemplar, a huge play-maker for Spell Counters. Plus, when you think about, let's say this card was Special Summon-able. The only way anybody could take advantage of that was if they ran Citadel of Endymion or had a face-up Tempest Magician. Special Summoning it isn't an issue in non-Spell Counter Decks, and in Spell Counter decks, this helps compensate for overall weakness. The other limitations (not being Xyz Material and once per turn) are fine. I find the first clause, however, to be a little over the top in that it prevents well-planned plays.

Overall, I LOVE this card. Excellent work. IMO, you could remove the first clause, since Spellcasters need to be able to access their Tuners in the Grave (especially if you only run, say, 3 of them in total).

I love this card SOOOOOO much you don't even understand.

As a Spell Counter lover, it's nice to see someone else post support for these guys, and the card you posted works extremely well. Time for an indepth review/long compliment.

Artwork:

Really really nice artwork? Where'd you find this? I can never find adequate Spellcaster stuff anywhere :/

OCG:

Really really good, especially for a new member! Usually I rewrite it with corrections, but there's nothing major to correct here!

Effect Usefulness:

Spell Counter casters are really really weak most of the time, and one of their biggest issues is that, more often than not (at least for myself), hand power is short and defense is weak. Basically, your opponents wipe you out easily as you sit around and cry because you just used your entire hand setting up your field. This card, however, helps recover after such situations, making it a lot better than Exemplar when you're out of Spells to spam. Plus, the Arcanite Magician you revive gets even more powerful and added destructive ability. This card really would see a lot of play and quickly become another Exemplar to Spell Counter players.

Effect Balance:

Hmmm...the card is already quite (really) powerful. When Normal Summoned, you get to add a counter onto it and revive a Spellcaster-type monster from your Graveyard. Plus, its perfect material for Arcanite magician, making it far superior to, say, Night's End Sorcerer or Geomancer of the Ice Barrier. Well, except for one thing: this card can't be Special Summoned. I don't know if it would be too much removing that limitation, but it does impact this card's usefulness in a variety of ways that, to me, makes little sense. Since this card has to remove a Spell Counter from itself and only gets a counter on Normal Summon, why prevent it from being Special Summoned? This prevents it from being accessed by Magical Exemplar, a huge play-maker for Spell Counters. Plus, when you think about, let's say this card was Special Summon-able. The only way anybody could take advantage of that was if they ran Citadel of Endymion or had a face-up Tempest Magician. Special Summoning it isn't an issue in non-Spell Counter Decks, and in Spell Counter decks, this helps compensate for overall weakness. The other limitations (not being Xyz Material and once per turn) are fine. I find the first clause, however, to be a little over the top in that it prevents well-planned plays.

Overall, I LOVE this card. Excellent work. IMO, you could remove the first clause, since Spellcasters need to be able to access their Tuners in the Grave (especially if you only run, say, 3 of them in total).

Thank you very, very much! That's a very nice review!

First, I'd like to say that I also love Spell Counter decks.

I did some extensive search for 'magician', 'spellcaster' etc. via Google and found the artwork. Originally, it's from DeviantArt (shame on me for not linking to the painter of it). Here is it: felsus.deviantart.com/art/Sorcerer-167252380

On the right side of the linked website you'll be able to find some other cool Spellcaster artwork.

Furthermore, you're absolutely right with your argumentation: Acre should be searchable by Magical Exemplar and in Spell Counter decks it's not a big restriction not to be able to be Special Summoned anyways... so I'll change the effect a little bit (in the OP)  ^_^ It's awesome to hear you like it so much!

Thanks again! :rolleyes:

Archived