Free! Eternal Summer.

After watching the first episode, it was like the series never left. I liked the ridiculous swim club promo and the absurdly hilarious sakura pool for Rin, holy sh*t.

I still love how the series is self-aware, and the animation's on top as always.

New character should spice things up hopefully.

Also, love the music in the new opening.

After watching the first episode, it was like the series never left. I liked the ridiculous swim club promo and the absurdly hilarious sakura pool for Rin, holy sh*t.

I still love how the series is self-aware, and the animation's on top as always.

New character should spice things up hopefully.

Also, love the music in the new opening.

Dude the music is the most hilarious thing ever. I mean when I first watched Free! I didn't expect such hardcore music for a gay swimming anime. 

No, but seriously, they basically get the "plot" plot s*** out of the way in episode 2, and how they end it is probably one of the best instances of self-criticism I've seen in an anime in a while.
After having watched its entirety, the "plot" plot sh*t doesn't cease after episode 2, but it certainly takes a back-seat.

Found myself liking Makoto more than the others whom, really, don't seem realistic whatsoever. They hardly deal with their issues how a real person would.

They do, however, deal with them how an Anime character would, so eh, not too fussed.

I enjoyed it.

Sosuke seems like an idiot to me so far. Like straight up stupid, arrogant, and kind of a dick.

Sea Otter is also an idiot, but he's just that kind of idiot that you don't mind most of the time. Plus he's funny.

I dunno if I'd call him an idiot, though he does seem like he'd be a simple guy. 

Wonder what the heck his beef is with Haru though?

Episode 2 brings in rival characters for the rest of the team, except for Rei. Actually, I thought I saw something on ANN a little while ago indicating a character would come to replace Rei. And the next episode promo seems to validate that...

The new episode I really enjoyed because they called an emergency meeting for a new mackerel recipe.  

But on a more serious note I really liked the ending because of the really cute animation they did. I mean the smile that was drawn was on point genuine and i loved it. 

Archived