RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Astolfo

I'd be interested to both be in it and help you, though I need to brush off my real robot knowledge, having been stuck in the super robot genre as of late.

Though, I'd help as best as I can.

You're hired. Though again, other things happening atm, so won't be doing much of anything outside of image hunting until other stuff is out of the way or my schedule lets me get into a third rp.

@the people who recently joined: Most of our discussions happen on Skype, though at the moment not much discussion at all is happening due to most members participating in Sigil.

I updated my profile today with a bunch of RP ideas I had, and decided I would post some of the more fleshed out ones here. Just thinking about them at the moment.

12 Daitenshi
Tags: #satire #mecha #action #sci-fantasy #reverse-harem #shonen
Synopsis: After 2000 years, another Demon King has awoken, threatening once more to destroy the Realm of Mortals. The Paladins, men with the ability to pilot the mobile suits known as Tenshi or Angels, are the only ones with the power to fight demonkind, but legend dictates that only the Princess of Light and her Twelve Apostles who pilot the Daitenshi can defeat a Demon King. The supposed Princess of Light arrives to Camelot Academy after her homeland was destroyed by the Demon King, to seek out her 12 Apostles... and maybe a boyfriend as well. A fun, satirical roleplay that serves to poke fun at the tropes commonly seen in manga and anime.
Setting: A sci-fantasy world. Camelot Academy, a massive sci-fantasy castle located on an ocean cliff. A training facility for Paladins (mech pilots) who are exclusively male.
What do I need help with: Interest and planning.

Nocturne Academy
Tags: #psychological #vampires #survival #modern fantasy #seinen
Synopsis: You have accepted the offer to attend Nocturne Academy, a newly opened private school opened at the base of the Swiss Alps and closed off from the rest of the world. An unparalleled education taught by world famous professors at a historical estate with a beautiful backdrop and renovated with state-of-the-art facilities for free... What parent could refuse? Explained to be a social experiment where children of all ethnic backgrounds and social classes are gathered together to raise the next generation to be loving and tolerant, the truth is much darker than that. The students are pitted against vampires in a survival game to test their resourcefulness, and those who demonstrate exceptional talent shall be chosen to join the vampires’ ranks in preparation for the vampires’ world domination plan. An adolescent psychological tale of blood and death, and the choice between your life and your humanity. (Note: this is a similar concept to my previous RP of the same name, but a much more polished one.)
Logo by Night: http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/AixDivadis/Nw_Nocturne_Academy_zps848eee2f.png
Setting: Modern day. An estate in the Swiss Alps with state of the art technology, but cut off from the rest of the world (no communications or Internet).
What I need help with: Interest and planning.

The Dreams of Midland
Tags: #fantasy #psychological #seinen #avant-garde
Synopsis: The august kingdom of Midland was once the greatest in the world, owing its prosperity to the mythical Tears of the Goddess, magical gemstones that were said to bring wishes to reality. Suffering from a great drought, the neighbouring kingdoms invaded hoping to procure the legendary treasures, but as they lead their armies into Midland's capital, the gems were nowhere to be found. Blaming each other for stealing the gems, an even greater war broke out all across the continent. 10 years later, the fighting rages on with no end in sight. The drought has long ended, but the land continues to be ruined by war. The surviving members of the Midland royal family find themselves all across the continent, doing what they can to survive, when one night, they are all gathered together in a dream. Each night from then on, they find themselves reunited in Whitegold Palace, their lost home, and vow to each other to one day restore Midland to its former glory so that they can meet again like this in real life. Unique in execution, the majority of each IC post will take place in their dreams where they can recount the experiences of their day or otherwise interact with one another, and focuses on character development as well as a grand-scale Game of Thrones style plot.
Setting: A Game of Thrones/Berserk-esque fantasy world.
What I need help with: This is an RP that requires a lot of prior planning by the participants. Characters need to be sorted out before the plot can be mapped.

12 Daitenshi
Tags: #satire #mecha #action #sci-fantasy #reverse-harem #shonen
Synopsis: After 2000 years, another Demon King has awoken, threatening once more to destroy the Realm of Mortals. The Paladins, men with the ability to pilot the mobile suits known as Tenshi or Angels, are the only ones with the power to fight demonkind, but legend dictates that only the Princess of Light and her Twelve Apostles who pilot the Daitenshi can defeat a Demon King. The supposed Princess of Light arrives to Camelot Academy after her homeland was destroyed by the Demon King, to seek out her 12 Apostles... and maybe a boyfriend as well. A fun, satirical roleplay that serves to poke fun at the tropes commonly seen in manga and anime.
Setting: A sci-fantasy world. Camelot Academy, a massive sci-fantasy castle located on an ocean cliff. A training facility for Paladins (mech pilots) who are exclusively male.
What do I need help with: Interest and planning.

Quite the many Mecha RPs going around now xD May have to see post mine up here and see what you guys think too xD

[spoiler=Annarrheim Online Sample OoC]

[spoiler=Annarrheim]
Welcome!

We at the Altimat Corporation is proud to bring you the latest release of Annarrheim Online, the premier VR game of over 300 million players worldwide. We guarantee that patch 3.0.012 will be the largest content patch ever seen and are looking forward to the many exciting challenges and fun that can be had in the newly improved NPC behavioral systems and dynamics to make for a more immersive experience.

Please read the compact patch notes and game information for more questions. Enjoy!

[spoiler=World Map, drawn by me, made awesome by Aix]

kVJ8tmA.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=World Lore]

There was once a time when the races of this world dwelled in caves and nomadic societies as the Gods ruled from on high in Yggdrasil. The God’s crafted their world with many beneath them as they grew negligent in the vast halls of Valhalla. However, the failed to see the true strength of their creations as the intelligent races grew powerful and unified over centuries. 1000 years ago, the Gods selfish behaviors and ignorance gave birth to a war between themselves. The Twilight of the Gods, as it is now called, grew on for many years as fierce battles both on sky and land scarred the planet in their bloodlust and pointless hatred. The war ended with a powerful explosion that shook the world to its core, and silenced the Gods into a slumber beyond the eyes of the intelligent races, and cratered an area that even to this day light cannot reach.

The time of men, elves, and the other races was now nigh as the Gods disappeared from the world. While our history has been bloodied and cruel enough to rival those before us, we still stand. Many of the races with the exception of the Frost Giants and creatures in the outer provinces have taken the home of the Gods. The noble races have occupied the great tree of Yggdrasil as their coalition’s capital and marking their ascension to the place the Gods once stood. The united federation of races now have their population split between the expansive branch districts of Yggdrasil and the farming and trade metropolises of the land below and the heartlands.   

Since the launch of Annarrheim Online a number of challenges have appeared that has caused the government and local factions to call upon warriors and adventures seeking fame, fortune, and danger to answer the call of arms. Bandits, ancient magic, and the grand pirate organization, Fenrir, plague the heartlands of Kormt, Gandvik, and Alfheimr where most people live. To the west the encroaching dangers of the Black Forest and the marching Forst Giant armies of Jotunheim also present a clear and present danger to the safety of Yggdrasil’s domain. The united races of Yggdrasil need heroes during such a turbulent time.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Area Information]

Kormt: Kormt is the ancestral lands of mankind and a typically peaceful and quiet area that relies heavily on agriculture to sustain the quant lifestyles of those who live here. However, where there is peace and prosperity, there are those who wish to take for themselves, even by force. Bandits from the south and wild creatures from the forest of the north give plenty of challenge to novice adventurers as they protect the locals from the dangers of the outside world. (Recommended levels: 1-20)

Gandvik: The industrious and commerce driven coastal lands of Yggdrasil’s domain. This area is under threat of both the knife and silver tongue as anyone who wishes to get rich quick takes up the caravan or highwayman mask. Here the pirates of Fenrir are constantly present on the waters of the road and challenge mercenaries and heroes alike. Trapped between a sea and inaccessible forest or mountain, this is the opportunist paradise. Heroes are welcome to work with the merchant guild in protecting routes or Yggdrasil army against the pirates. (Recommended level: 20-30)

Alfheimr: The savanna of the world dotted with massive plateaus, Alfheimr is the largest and most populated area in the low lands.  Dozens of walled outposts run by local nobility keep a delicate balance of trade between the homelands of the east, wilderness of the west, and the flow of trade to and from Yggdrasil. The bulk of Yggdrasil’s newest technology find homes here as airships are used between the most hazardous routes. Heroes of all kinds are called to this area to protect creature not seen anywhere else. Massive titans roam the outskirts, behemoth monsters thrive in the vastness of the territory, and wars between competing nobles are in need of manpower. Players here are capable of taking charge of outposts for Guild headquarters and directing trade as well as waging war on other players who interrupt your domain. (Recommended levels: 25-50)

Ruins of Utgard: The only accessible giant city from the time of Gods. Here ancient machina that ran on the old magics still linger the halls as guardians of a dead civilization. Scavengers often brave the perils of this region to exploit the riches offered deep in the temples, residences, and halls of such an ancient place. Heroes seeking power also venture here as they scour for the lost weapons of giants and their impressive golems which guard their most well protected secrets. Certainly the smell of adventure and ruins keeps the budding adventures occupied. DANGER: Scholars in the area have deciphered text depicting a massive machina that the giants built before their extinction, perhaps it still lingers somewhere in these empty halls waiting to be awoken.  

Borderlands: The furthest territory still under the law and order of Yggdrasil even if it’s just barely. Here the mountainous terrain and magical forests breed a unique breed of problems. Dragons and animated creature occasionally descend from the snowy peaks and threaten settlements. The semi-intelligent races of the woods cause their own problems as centaurs  seek to expand their nomadic territory. However, this area is mostly unexplored making Vanir, the only major city in the area, the hub of all sorts of exotic goods and lost treasures from long ago that remain lost at the boundary of civilization. (Recommended levels: 40-55)

Svartalfar: Svartalfar is a swamp land that time forgot. The reptilian and amphibious mutants who dwell in the toxic tars and murky waters of a place unfit for colonization are from a time before fire gave men reason. Travellers of the area should be wary of the dangers but adventures take note of many regions that serve as archeological sites where great weapons or items may still rest. DANGER: The Yggdrasil government has sent warning of particularly deadly swamp dweller who has slain many resting in the river basin at the far side of the swamp. Contact is ill advised. (Recommended level: 55-70)

WARNING: Black Forest: Surrounding the territory of the intelligent races lays a massive forest so thick that sunlight is blocked by dense trees impassible by men. The woods extend impossibly far in the directions it covers and makes for the southern border of the known world for all races. However, recent explorations into the Svaltalfar have discovered thin passes into the treeline where men can explore limited segments of the dark and unknown woods. Abandoned monoliths made by no known race dot the interior haunted by creatures who only belong on the edges of the world. Giant spiders wander the treetops of the dark forest looking for lost man and beast alike to feed their young. The remains of heath cults are evident, the fire worshipers and snake eaters who committed grotesque and unnatural acts for worship played with foul magic cursing their hallowed lands with their undead bodies guarding the artifacts within. Travel to the area is strictly advised against and only those with adequate protection should attempt any form of exploration. 

WARNING: Jotunheimr: The frost giants have been the enemies of many of the united races have been hostile and aggressive to expand their icy domain further south. In recent times, signs of a new warmongering king and fresh offensives have made the guard posts and border harder to control. Travel to the area is prohibited by the Yggdrasil army unless approval is given. Recruitment stations in the Borderlands are seeking powerful warriors willing to help fend off the Frost Giant's might. Greedy mercenaries may be drawn to the may riches hidden in the frost giant cities and their infamous never-melting ice weapons with edges that never ware. DANGER: Buri, the king of Frost Giants has been sighted wandering the front lines and any contact with him is bound to end poorly however his defeat would be devastating to the frost giants. (Recommended lvl: 80-90)

WARNING: Niflheim: This was the last bastion of the Gods before their disappearance before it was flooded in darkness. Inside, one can be unsure what they will find, as the darkness serves as a hallucinogen to the intelligent races how scouts have identified all manner of mutilated beasts that have been mutated by the darkness. Niflheim is classified as the most dangerous place on Earth and is fatal to all intelligent races who wander into the domain. The frost giants have discovered a way to explore the blackness through a artifact from the Gods that were buried under their glacial territory. All those who wish to explore this area must gain such an item from Jotunheim before travel. In addition, within the path to Niflheim lays the immortal guardian, The Dead God Sigmund (lvl 95), players should travel in a fair sized party of highly experienced players to even test a venture. Is it worth it to unravel the mystery and traverse the graveyard of Gods? (Recommended lvl 90-100)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Character Creation]

Character Name:

Race: (Human, Elves, Dwarves, Vanir; uncertain)

Level: (1-100)

Starting Weapon: 

Trade Skill: 

[spoiler=Appearance:] (Either an image w/ height and weight as well as modifications or a 5+ line description of your character)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality:] (5+ lines, you know the drill)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Attributes]

Distribute 30 points to determine the ratio of stats of your character. Max 10 per stat.

Strength: Power with heavy weapons and requirement for heavy armors

Dexterity: Skill with speed-based weapons and Evasion

Intelligence: Magic power and efficiency with magical equipiment

Faith: Healing ability and Magic Defence

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Name:(Enter current like/fad here)Liza

Skype Name: None yet probably one soon.

Preferred RP Genres: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Survival, Horror, Adventure, I could go on forever.

Preferred Character Type: I can be strong or weak, female or male. Insane, diabolical, peaceful, smart. I like to try to fit any role needed.

Skills: I can easily spit a plot out or come up with a general idea for something in an instant. I enjoy writing, so if I need to create a story, that could be done easily. 

Important side-note: I hate deadlines.

Also, I love the VRMMORPG concept and what Raine has been doing with it.

Why are there so many amazing RPs I want to be in... ;;
I'm in GCRP/Sigil/Fiore (whenever we actually do stuff)/Anime School (about to make app)/and then all these amazing new RP ideas pop up. ;;

aix y u so many ideas but never finish any ;;
i'm also in love with annarrheim ;;

Why are there so many amazing RPs I want to be in... ;;
I'm in GCRP/Sigil/Fiore (whenever we actually do stuff)/Anime School (about to make app)/and then all these amazing new RP ideas pop up. ;;

aix y u so many ideas but never finish any ;;
i'm also in love with annarrheim ;;

Don't forget Aix's plan to remake CS. so there's another amazing RP idea.

But really, at this point I could end up in more than 5 RPs at once, if those RP ideas got actually conceptualized fully and posted.

Guys, I've been 500 miles from my home for the past 2 months and now I'm going through some personal stuff so I'm going to have to postpone Annarrheim for at least a few weeks. I just can't do it now unless someone wants to take it from me however if not, I'll be able to resume come the school season. 

I'm so sorry if I'm disappointing a few of you who expressed interest in this. 

'Ello boys.

(Hi I'm Dad)
Skype ID: solusshade
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy, but enjoy all types of rps.  Including non-fiction and the like.
Preferred Character Type: Hmm.  I'd have to say the abusive, power hungry type.  Though, to be fair, I quit like the humble "FOR THE TEAM!" character as well.
Skills: I love brainstorming.  Stuck?  I'd be happy to offer some personal points of view or even collaborate and aid in fine tuning.

• 1 month later...

LeCreateur (Just call me Creator)
Skype ID: thecreator9464
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Honestly, if the plot is good and the participants of average or higher intellect, I'll do any genre.
Preferred Character Type: Naive Hero type, Rival/Anti-hero type, or Good guy with an ulterior motive type
Skills: RP Experience: Having done written RPs as well as RPing in various MMOs, I have accumulated some experience when it comes to character creations, plot development and active RPing.

Story: I always have some sort of idea in my head, and for those who don't know how too, I can take a basic idea and spin it into a plot and setting for you.

Naming: Got a weird element that needs an original name? Done. Special Technique that your character is developing over the course of the RP needs a label? Got it.

Details: The devil is in the details, and I try to get them all. If your curious about something I've written or need something explained, just ask, I probably already know or am already looking for the answer.

Diversity: You can count on my character to always be different in someway, whether it be via accent, appearance, or just being oddly positioned (Like being the only character in a RP full of magic users to not use magic). I'm always trying to create a perspective that is different than the expected.

Archived