[Striker] Gateway of Time

Gateway of Time
Field Spell
This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Spell/Trap cards. During each player's Standby Phase, place 1 Time Counter on this card for each Spell/Trap card that player controls (Max. 5). When your opponent Summons a monster: You can remove 1 Time Counter from this card to target the Summoned monster; that target cannot attack or be used as an Xyz Material Monster, until the End Phase (This effect is considered a Quick Effect). During your End Phase, if this card has 5 Time Counters on it: You can send this card to the Graveyard; add 1 monster with 1500 ATK or less from your Deck to hand.

Okay, this is a serious WIP considering I tried doing multiple things with this and I'm not sure how I did. The protection clause is meant to force the opponent to use monster effects to get rid of this card. Didn't want it to have complete protection, so that should help. Second effect is supposed to be an indirect deterrent for a heavy backrow while benefitting this card's controller. Third effect gives an anti-Meta taste to this while allowing effects to go through. Reasoning for that goes with the reasoning for the first effect. Don't think I need to say that it's considered a Quick Effect, but I wanted to be safe. Last effect promotes patience for a needed combo piece, especially since it's an End Phase effect that requires more waiting until it can be used.

I know I said a lot, but it helps to explain a card's thought process in order to know where to best fix it. I think I did too much with this, but I can use more opinions. So, CnC?

Archived