1 Gladiator Beast Essedarii
1 Gladiator Beast Nerokius

SIDE

2 Maxx "C"
2 Effect Veiler
3 Kaiser Colosseum
2 Fire Formation - Tensu
3 Gozen Match[/spoiler]

Hm. There are a couple of changes I would make to make this more "competitive" as I have tried a similar build, but noticed many  flaws when messing with this particular Deck Idea (mostly that the Deck is slow paced, and relys on its normal summons to start creating field presence.) Warning: Large wall of Text in spoilers.

[spoiler=Monsters/Spells/Traps to remove'']

• -1 or 2 Gigantes: While this card is good for regulating Graveyard Control with Redox + Grandsoil, and makes for easy Rank 4 options, 3 is one too many mostly because the Deck has little resources for regulating the Graveyard in the first place, and unless you are naturally waiting on your monsters to hit the Graveyard early into the Game, 3 Gigantes is a gauranteed hand clog, and wont come into play until mid - late game. 2 Should be enough.
  • -2 GrandsoilAs stated above ^ The Deck does not seem to have much Graveyard control outside of Redox/Gigantes, and that in itself does not seem consistent enough due to the fact Redox is limited to 1 and 3 Gigantes can clog. There is also the case that you have no other ways of using Redox other than a beefy wall or an optional Revival function (This would be a significally different opinion if Redox was at 2 at least.) Grandsoil is pretty situational to pull off correctly, but can be rewardful if used at the right time. However, it can be dead weight late game when you actually get the Deck going (granted, the Deck is slow due to limited amount of Summon options.) If all else fails, you can always use it as fodder for Redox (if you so happen to draw both card(s) at the same time/early on.)
  • -1 Redox optional: I am so-so about this choice. It is good in the sense it can be used as an outlet to allow Graveyard set-up [Gigantes] for free Revival, or as a beefy defender when you are in a losing position. However, that are it's ONLY options, since there is no sufficient way of making a Rank 7, and that Redox is at 1, meaning you have to rely on getting it in the Graveyard/Hand as soon as possible to start using it as a toolbox. I am not against having Redox in the Deck, I just feel like his cons outweigh his pros in this Deck.
  • -1 Grand Mole optional Or Side DeckThis seems like it was added for the sole fact it is a reliable EARTH monster. I will not lie, I personally love Grand Mole as a tech card, but it seems iffy in here. My reasoning is because for one, it's level does not allow it to be used as a Rank 4 material (which seems to be the only Xyz's this Deck can manage) and that he costs you your normal summons to use his effect (to compulse 1 monster at a time.) This Deck NEEDS it's Normal Summons to gain any form of field advantage/prescence, and Grand Mole uses up those much needed Normal Summons/Set to deal with 1 monster at a time. He is not a bad choice, but in a format where anything relying on the Battle Phase to trigger effects usually gets hit by backrow before they can even trigger said effects. If it were up to me, I would personally side Deck him.
  • -3 Gaia Power: There are better ATK booster cards that can get the job done better. I definitely see your reason for running Gaia Power, but it is a tad lack luster honestly. If you want a Field Spell that gives the same particular boost, can protect itself, and can even create an Attack lock, try Seal of Oricalchous (Now I know what you are thinking; "Isn't that card going to prevent me from making Xyz's? Is that not counter productive") Well okay you may not be thinking that, but the point being is that with your beefy 'normal' monster being backed up by backrow and the like, you will not necessarily need to rely on Xyz to get the job done. If you need to rely on Xyz's to make ANY sort of power play, then this Deck surely is not the reason for that. Seal gives not only the same boost, but hardly conflicts with the Deck at all (Note: Only use at your discretion. Misuse of Seal can create situational set-ups and might cost you the game.)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Monsters/Spells/Traps to add'']

• + 1 or 2 Fossil Dyna OR Side Deck: This Deck appears to be rather slow paced (relying more on its Normal Summons rather than its Xyz capabilities.) Fossil Dyna will help prevent your opponent from overwhelming you with swarms/Xyz Spam while hardly constricting you from doing the same. As stated by the above poster, Kaiser Colloseum would be a great addition, since the Deck can only put down so few monsters on board at a given time, and Fossil + Kaiser is an evil lockdown. I highly recommend at least side decking 2 copies.
  • +3 Alien Shocktrooper/Alexandrite Dragon optionalJust to have 1 more set of Normals for Rabbit and/or to have more Normal beaters in the Deck. With the prior, Shocktrooper is searchable via King of Feral Imps and is of EARTH Attribute and the latter has a higher base ATK and allow for you to use Starliege Paladynamo Xyz.
  • +3 Heat Wave: This card is amazing in this Deck! This card can single-handedly shut down your opponent from making any particular play by preventing either player from Summoning an Effect monster, and in a Deck that is composed purely of non-effect Monsters with high stats is just the icing on the cake. Granted, you cannot perform an Xyz Summon that turn, but it would not matter so long as your opponent cannot either. Due note: You can only use this card at the start of your Main Phase 1, so use with precaution.
  • +2 or 3 Pot of Dualitiy: This Deck NEEDS as much consistency as it can get, and Duality will do exactly that. The Deck is rather slow paced, and not to frequent on busting out Xyz left and right, so duality allows you to get a free card of your choice should you need too, and when you need too.
  • +1-3 Kaiser Colosseum OR Side Deck them: As liljramos88 said in a previous post, Kaiser Colosseum is a good choice, and will provide you the stabability you need to not get overwhelmed by your opponent's summons. This Deck usually goes by it's Normal Summons, so at the very least Kaiser Colosseum will help bring your opponent down to your speed. I highly recommend at least Side Decking a copy or two.
  • +1 MST/+3 Forbidden Lance: Backrow is the envy of any 'set-up'/Beatdown or rather slow paced Deck. You need protection from hazardous +3-4 backrow effects that would otherwise stop your plays.
  • +3 Skill Drain OR Side Deck: I was rather surprised to not to find any copies of this card in the Main Deck. The Deck is composed of a series of non-effect Beaters, and does not seem to reliant on the Xyz summons. Skill Drain is a very powerful card this format (and with good reason) all the while having very few restrictions on your plays. However, it does counter the fact you do need to use Xyz at some point, but at the very least, use Skill Drain when you know you are within a winning advantage. It also allows beaters like Crazy box and Gem-Knight Pearl to prey on your opponent's weaker monsters. Highly recommend that you Main Deck a set or at the very least, Side Deck them.

[/spoiler]

As a final note: You should probably fix up your Extra Deck to make room for the following Xyz:

+2 Daigusto Emeral

+1 Crazy Box

+1-2 Number 101: Honor ARK

+1 Excition Knight

+1 Lavalval Chain

+1 Abyss Dweller

+1 Avian Skyblaster

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Mained Skill Drain and Barbaros and dropped the banish materials. The Extra is also modified, however, keep it in mind that it's for real life/budget too, so I didn't add any fancy XYZs.

The side still has 3 empty spaces, shall I add 2 Fossil Dynas and 1 MST?

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Mained Skill Drain and Barbaros and dropped the banish materials. The Extra is also modified, however, keep it in mind that it's for real life/budget too, so I didn't add any fancy XYZs.

The side still has 3 empty spaces, shall I add 2 Fossil Dynas and 1 MST?

I probably would. Also, if it was for budget you should have mentioned so, but to each their own. Another card you can probably side deck is Summon Limit (In a similar vein as to how Kaiser provides stability, it heavily restricts the player(s) from overwhelming one another with summons. However, it can go either way so I say test it first before taking my advice on side decking it. On paper, it seems like an optimal choice.

I probably would. Also, if it was for budget you should have mentioned so, but to each their own. Another card you can probably side deck is Summon Limit (In a similar vein as to how Kaiser provides stability, it heavily restricts the player(s) from overwhelming one another with summons. However, it can go either way so I say test it first before taking my advice on side decking it. On paper, it seems like an optimal choice.

Even thought I added the labels, you're right, I should mention it in the post.

I'll soon test the deck, until that, I won't make any changes.

Since the two GB Fusions you're running are a 2500 nonefect and something that needs for you to get three Andals on the field at the same time, how do you feel about trading out those Andals for Nin-Ken Dogs for Lightning Chidori (even though they're WIND and are weird with the Deck's theme)? And trying Lance in MST's stead, since I've heard that Lance is currently doing better than MST right now (but this may only be true to the top-tier Decks and I'm not sure if it also applies to casual).

Also, you probably don't need three Fairy Kings, and could take one of those out for something else for the sake of versatility.

Since the two GB Fusions you're running are a 2500 nonefect and something that needs for you to get three Andals on the field at the same time, how do you feel about trading out those Andals for Nin-Ken Dogs for Lightning Chidori (even though they're WIND and are weird with the Deck's theme)? And trying Lance in MST's stead, since I've heard that Lance is currently doing better than MST right now (but this may only be true to the top-tier Decks and I'm not sure if it also applies to casual).

Also, you probably don't need three Fairy Kings, and could take one of those out for something else for the sake of versatility.

That's actually a good idea. I've also thought about adding Vorse Raider instead of the Andals and adding some DARK support for the Extra Deck. Then I kept them, as they work better with the Deck's overall synergy, even thought their Extra Deck purpose is not as great as, for example, Sabersaurus's.

I'll leave this deck for a while, until I can test out which cards are actually useful for the Deck, what kind of cards I need, what kind of cards don't, and so on.

Archived