[Striker] Hatred Incarnate

vXElnHI.jpg

When this card is Summoned: You can target this card and 1 other FIRE monster you control; neither target can be targeted by other card effects while either target is on the field. You can only activate this effect of "Hatred Incarnate" once per turn. If either target is attacked: You can return the other target to your hand; negate the attack, and if you do, inflict damage equal to half the attacker's ATK, then return the attacker to your opponent's hand.

More random ideas from yours truly. I understand that the second effect runs into the problem of the opponent not attacking, but you gotta love deterrents. Anyway, CnC?

Striker, I really this card.

First of all, it has a wonderful interaction with Solar Flare Dragon, and can be searched with UFO Turtle. Both SFD and UFO complement each other very well, so this is definetely a plus as it can complete the "triangle".

I am a Burn Enthusiast (although this probably sounds funny; nonetheless, you get what I mean) and I would definetely run this card. It can protect both SFD and itself from card effects, SFD wouldn't be a possible attack target, and if this card is attacked, you can send the attacking monster to the hand along with SFD and deal about 1000 damage; not bad. The target protection really helps in the case of some nasty XYZ but does not protect against Judgement Dragon, Dark Hole and the like.  The fact that it protects SFD, stalls minimally and burns would probably make this a must for a Fire burn deck, and increase their viability.

Obviously, you can also run this with the Fire XYZ of your choice, and help it stay on the field longer. 

As a side note, I really like the picture, name and overall flavor of the card. Very yugioh-ish.

I wonder what other have to say about the card, though. I am not really knowledgeable when it comes the metagame.

I thought UFO searched based on DEF, not ATK. My mistake.

In regards to speed; it is slow. A burn deck that would make use of Solar Flare Dragon would definetely be slow by today's standards, like most burn decks, but personally I'd go for it and give it a shot nonetheless. 

Of course, this a pretty flexible card, so there are many ways to use it. I also like the fact that it boosts Pyro monsters which currently are unsupported and not that viable. Hell, you could even use Call of the Haunted and Royal Firestorm Guards to get the most out of this card (as well as mother monsters in your deck). It also really useful against XYZ since they are Extra Deck monsters but also because most of their effects are to be used sparringly, and target. 

Archived