• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the YCM Podcast yesterday, I said that I would make 10 icons by today with PSDs to show how I make them. I have the first five of the lot, but PSDs will not be available until I have all ten done. 

1_zps9fb64453.png2_zps37a8edb0.png6_zps8483c439.png4_zpsd9b51b4d.png3_zps5f73686f.png

And these are the other set of 5 

5_zpsdc700bf0.png7_zps64f2a726.png8_zpse5c19105.png9_zpseb183e23.png10_zpsf8b4e54a.png

And here is the link to the thread that has the PSD files

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321794-daes-icon-psds/#entry6473275

Dude these are amazing

I especially like the fourth one in the second set

yoink

You are really good at making these

i may just have to bail on smear

But you both have different styles so once I determine which I like better for each of you I'll probably use you all =>

Dude these are amazing

I especially like the fourth one in the second set

yoink

You are really good at making these

i may just have to bail on smear

But you both have different styles so once I determine which I like better for each of you I'll probably use you all =>

Thank you. 

It is appeal of the icon, but both us are available to create them. But, I am confirmed better than Smear, as stated by Tormey. So you should come to me more often. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know avatars are generally supposed to be crop > filter pass > sharpen > save as PNG. But I'd like to see you do some with the same effort as you'd put into a normal piece and then work up from there. Make them feel like avatars not just icons.

Good joke. 

Lol even normal tags sometimes can't show a certain level of detail one puts in, much less a 100x100 avi

I taught Night how to tell. Maybe not how to reverse-edit. But the point remains, unless the person is a spectacular PHOTOGRAPHER, a well trained person can tell where the base layers show and a roundabout amount of layers given enough time without the PSD/Gimp File etc

Archived