[Finished][Leaderboard] Empoledom vs Qliphoth Tool (Qliphoth Tool wins!)

-Dom-

EDIT: CONTEST OVER, SORRY I LEFT THE TITLE AS "CARDS UP".

Rules

• All Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
  • The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • Voters are to explain their reasoning. Better-explained thought processes will receive reps.
  • Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
  • In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines

• PM your cards within 48 hours after I accept the challenge.
  • Voters have 72 hours to vote once the cards are posted up.

Requirement

• Make a Qliphoth support card.

Card A

2zYBlFA.jpg

When a "Qliphoth" Pendulum Monster is added from your Deck to your hand, (either by a card effect or by drawing it) reveal it, then place it in one of your Pendulum Zones. If the selected Pendulum Zone is occupied, you can destroy the card in that Zone. If the destroyed card was a "Qliphoth" Pendulum Monster, inflict 1800 damage to your opponent. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 "Qliphoth" monster you control; it is unaffected by other Trap Cards this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Qliphoth Drive" once per turn.

Card B

aF1QxFW.jpg

Once per turn, when a "Qliphoth" monster is added to your hand by a card effect: You can destroy 1 face-up "Qliphoth" card you control; Special Summon 1 of those monsters, and if you do, draw 1 card. (This applies even if this card leaves the field.) You can only control 1 "Qliphoth Hub".

Vote away!

Uh, there is a rule that prevent contestants from using the card they already posted on this site, right? Qliphoth Tool actually changed the type and effect, but keep his old card's name, I apologize if you're able to do so, and I'll vote them anyway.

So "Qliphoth Drive" was changed from a decent pseudo-Pendulum Fusion Monster into a Normal Trap that can be activated when a "Qliphoth" Pendulum Monster is added through "Qliphoth Tool" or "Qliphoth Sacrifice" or even Normal Draw, but it actually do nothing except randomly burn opponent. The second effect is great, but it is just a twisted "Qliphoth Fortran". "Qliphoth Hub" has the same activation timing, but also including when "Qliphoth" monsters are added from your Extra Deck to your hand through "Apoqliphoth", and it actually let you Special Summon a monster to be equipped with "Qliphoth Sacrifice" and can be Tributed for a Disk or Shell without using Pendulum Summon, in addition it give you a draw, which is better than just burn your opponent and replacing the scale.

I vote "Qliphoth Hub", and Tool, this vote has nothing to do with that contest's result, this time your opponent's card is clearly better than yours.

Card A: Wow, this is a rare effect. I rarely see this kind of effects on cards. The prob. is that it is unbalanced. Playing this card can be a pain in the butt in your opponent. Pendulums are often considered to breakers of the game. Doing this kind of thing where you replace a pendulum and destroy your opponent by inflicting 1800 damage is really unfair. And bonus, you can also use this as a shield for your monsters. Otherwise, great card and good job making the effects.

Card B: It needs some tweaks to fix this card. The summoning part is crazy though. In this case, you can summon level 6 or higher monsters with no effort and the bad thing is.... This card is a continuous spell card. But the same as Card A, great card and the way you restricted the effects are good too.

Vote goes to Card B, I know both are a little bit too unbalanced but I think Card A is too much OP than Card B. Pardon me, I am not familiar with Qliphoths :).

Since you're not familiar with the archetype that the cards are supporting, I'll ask Qliphoth Tool if he thinks the vote is acceptable, but I think it should be okay.

As for Qliphoths, they are probably considered the best archetype (about to come out) according to testing, and they are all level 5 or above. However, if they are Special Summoned, they all become Level 4, so the cards summoned by card B won't be over Level 6 as you said. Also, when Special Summoned, all of the Qliphoth monsters' ATK becomes 1800, hence that amount of damage inflicted by card A. Most importantly, one of their main plays is to use Qliphoth Tool's effect (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Qliphoth_Tool) to search for any Qliphoth monster, which sets off both of the cards; this effect happens opt, and more if you use Entermate Trampolynx, meaning you should be able to use Card B's effect once per turn, with Card A's conditions being less restrictive but not continuous.

Anyway, hope this helped, and your vote makes it 0-2 to Card B unless later changed.

Ok, we've past the deadline with only 2 votes, which is a shame, but that's a 2-0 win to Card B (Qliphoth Tool's card), so congratulations on the win and good game; looking at my card again, it does need a bit of work, and yours seemed simpler and more effective. Oh well, thanks again for the game!

Archived