Vampire Mistress Flor

Armoire

LR5xT15.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']2 Level 5 Zombie-Type monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its effect becomes "Once per turn: Your opponent declares 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); send 1 card of that type from your Deck to the Graveyard." until your next Stanby Phase. During the Standby Phase of the next turn after this card you controlled was destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Special Summon it from the Graveyard in face-up Defense Position.[/spoiler]

Vampire support. I just wanted to give them a good Xyz Monster and another option for Shadow to go into other than Bram or Adreus.
(Flor is short for Florence, who was Bram's wife--for flavor.)

The card looks good, it just needs 1 or 2 fixes in my opinion.

It may be yet-another Xyz with a negation effect but you spiced it up with the milling effect replacement, which is cool. However, as a Quick Effect that can target any face-up card the design is questionable, even if its ATK is below average for a Rank 5 and it is playable in quite few decks. I suggest to remove the "during either player's turn", or at the very least limit its targets to monsters only.

Once again agreeing with the person above. The effect is creative in a way, but bit too overpowering, also you need to either limit it to monsters/non-monsters or specific type of monsters or figure out another way to nerf it. Plus the part about when the mill is happening needs to be added. Like, you can add a condition to it, it could be even more hurting than unconditional mill, like " each time you play a spell card" etc. 

So, I changes its requirements so that it needs "Vampire" monsters, other than just general Level 5 Zombies. However, I kept the "during either player's turn" clause, because I'm afraid that without it, she's just too weak. As for activation requirements, I changed it so she responds to both Spells and Traps.

To be honest, the changes on required materials and the condition for activating the milling effect were unnecessary. After all, as far as I know, there is no other archetype/deck that revolves around summoning Level 5 Zombies besides Vampires. And if Konami releases another one in the future, they would appreciate the support of this card.

And requiring the activation of an S/T to activate the mill won't stop the opponent from using its S/Ts, because milling 1 card is an insignificant cost and they can potentially benefit from it if they mill a card they wanted in the grave.

To be honest, the changes on required materials and the condition for activating the milling effect were unnecessary. After all, as far as I know, there is no other archetype/deck that revolves around summoning Level 5 Zombies besides Vampires. And if Konami releases another one in the future, they would appreciate the support of this card.

And requiring the activation of an S/T to activate the mill won't stop the opponent from using its S/Ts, because milling 1 card is an insignificant cost and they can potentially benefit from it if they mill a card they wanted in the grave.

So, you think the only thing I had to change was what it targeted and it would be balanced?

EDIT: I changed it again, getting rid of the activation thing. In addition to what Vampires do, I made it declare what type of card is going to be sent to the Graveyard. Does that make it more unbalanced?

Archived