Crystal Rank-Up Sorcress

eNLcDad.jpg

(This card's attribute is also DARK and FIRE.) You can special summon this card (from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" spell card from your graveyard. You can only special summon "Crystal Rank-Up Sorceress" once per turn this way. Once per turn: you can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 xyz monster with the same Type as that monster you control but 1 Rank higher, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) Once per turn: you can pay half your life points; special summon 1 rank 5 or lower xyz monster from your extra deck or graveyard and attach the top card of your graveyard to it as xyz material, but that monster's effects are negated.

The last effect is meant to be a last resort, thus the high cost. I was originally thinking of making it once per duel.

Please let me know of any over powered combos that I've missed with this.

(This card's attribute is also DARK and FIRE.) You can special summon this card (from your hand or graveyard) by banishing 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" spell card from your graveyard. You can only special summon "Crystal Rank-Up Sorceress" once per turn this way. Once per turn: you can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 xyz monster with the same Type as that monster you control but 1 Rank higher, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) Once per turn: you can pay half your life points; special summon 1 rank 5 or lower xyz monster from your extra deck or graveyard and attach the top card of your graveyard to it as xyz material, but that monster's effects are negated.

The last effect is meant to be a last resort, thus the high cost. I was originally thinking of making it once per duel.

Please let me know of any over powered combos that I've missed with this.

If you have a "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card in your Graveyard and this card either in your hand or Graveyard, you can easily Xyz Summon a strong Xyz Monster. By banish

This card seems to be based on the "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Cards, which is reflected in its name and effect. Its effects, however, are a lot more potent than any of the "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Cards. Here a short summary on each so far (and probably the only ones for quite some time to come):

As you can see, its effect mirrors that of "Rank-Up-Magic Barian's Force" pretty well; the major differences being that "Crystal Rank-Up Sorceress" is not limited to "CXyz" and "Number C" monsters, it is a Monster instead of a Spell Card and it has some more effects. Due to it being a monster card, it can be retrieved more easily (quite some cards allow Special Summoning from the Graveyard) and its effect can be used multiple times (unlike most "Wind-Up" monsters). Seeing that most "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Cards are more restrictive, and this card having some other effects, it might not be such a bad idea to add some restrictions. For example: Let it only summon "CXyz" or "Number C" monsters by its effect; this is not much different from the other "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Cards. And/Or make matching attributes a rquirement as well. Another option is to base its effect on that of "Rank-Up-Magic Quick Chaos", only allowing Number monsters to Rank-Up.

Next of, the effect of paying half your Life Points to Special Summon almost any Rank 5 or below monster from your Extra Deck is a bit overpowered; even at that "large" cost (which can almost always be paid {1 Life Point being the only exception}). Especially if you combine it with the previous effect to rank it up immediatly after summoning it. Also, some other monsters allow themselves to be Xyz Summoned using another Xyz Monster on the field ("Constellar Ptolemy M7" and "Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger"), basically ignoring the negation effect. Effects that activate upon being destroyed/sent to the Graveyard might also benefit from this card, as well as monsters with negative effect(s). The "once per duel" clause might tone this effect a bit down, but I think it is better left out altogether; or change the cost (attaching this card as Xyz Material, instead of a card from the Graveyard). 

Futhermore this card can easily summon itself from the hand, and even from the Graveyard (effects which I cannot entirely place within its flavor). Which is not necessarily an issue, but combined with its other powerful effects and its ATK being quite formidable, it might be. For this effect, my suggestion would be to either make it only able to be Special Summoned from the hand. Another options include to increase the cost, both of the former or leave it out altogether.

Now to illustrate its power; somewhere in the duel my opponent only has "El Shaddoll Midrash" and "El Shaddoll Nephilim", while I have this card and a "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card in the Graveyard.

1. Special Summon this card from the Graveyard;
  2. Enter Battle Phase; and destroy "El Shaddoll Midrash";
  3. Go to Main Phase 2;
  4. Pay half your Life Points to Special Summon "Number 101: Silent Honor ARK";
  5. Actiate this card's other effect, to Rank-Up and Xyz Summon "Number C101: Silent Honor DARK";
  6. Attach "El Shaddoll Nephilim" to "Number C101: Silent Honor DARK";

Now you have two quite strong monsters on the field, which can easily return to your side of the field. Another powerful monster to summon (either directly, or by ranking up another monster), is "Number C69: Heradry Chaos Crest". This monster has extremely high ATK (4000) and can destroy all cards your opponent conrtols, when your opponent declares an attack (which requires its effect not to be negated). As you can see, this card can easily pump out strong cards in short time.

Lastly, what exactly is the purpose of it having multiple attributes? Maybe it is related to the anime (which I have not seen since the "5D's' era has ended), but otherwise I cannot really think of any reasoning for this effect. If it does not really have any point, you might as well scrap it.

With all suggestions in place, its new effect would become something like: "You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 2 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card from your hand or Graveyard. Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Number C" or "CXyz" monster with the same Type and Attribute as that monster you control but 1Rank higher, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) You can only use 1 "Crystal Rank-Up Sorceress" effect per turn, and only once that turn.". 

I hope my vision/suggestions are of some usage to you.

Archived