how boring, a r4 xyz

Aix

couldn't think of a gudd name so bleh

aTRSPvM.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, except your opponent's Main Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent can Tribute 1 monster they control, or this card gains 1000 ATK and is unaffected by other card effects until the end of the next turn, but cannot attack directly.

What, no cute anime girl? I am disappointed.

Hmm, not hard to get out, and its Attack and Defense are at a decent point so that it can be taken out if need be without too much trouble. The ability, to me, looks good. It's a powerful ability but can get stopped at a fair cost, I like that. Maybe it should be 1500 boost instead, but other than that I think it should be fine. Since the effect lasts through the opponents turn as well. That's the one issue I would have is how long the ability lingers.

The name is super generic, but you seem to know this.

Blah blah noob opinion blah blah take seriously at your own risk blah blah.

What, no cute anime girl? I am disappointed.

ikr i'm letting u all down i shall commit seppuku and become the patron saint martyr of cute anime girlz and come bak frum the grave 2 bring u anime girlz

This card was interesting, I like it :)
But 1 thing I would do, is to lower the bonus ATK down to 1000-1200 and increase his original ATK to 2200-2300 maybe. Because to me it would sound more "balanced" in a way (because 2000 just feels "too much" when you look at it Ö..Ö), but that's what I personalty would do, other than that I like it. The name are ok and the art is good aswell :) but what do I know, I'm just a rooki  :ph34r:

If you drop this after taking out your opponent's entire frontrow, they can't really touch you since you can activate its effect in their Draw Phase or something (BTS's second effect is a balancing point, but not really strong enough of one and its existence shouldn't justify anything), and you get a 4100 beater to boot for your next turn. Because it's completely immune to effects while in this "beast mode," it's incredibly unlikely to be taken out, bar a Crane'd Bujin Xyz or Honest. If your opponent wants to prevent this, then this card becomes some sort of mini-Pleaides in that you get a free kill on their turn. Unless your opponent can make up for that lost monster by still making something that can take down a 2100 monster, then this monster is still safe for the turn anyways. Another problem that I find with this card is that, compared to the other anti-monster Rank 4s such as Castel and Shark Knight, this card can use its effect to take out two monsters whereas the others can only take out one. Of course, your opponent can opt to not Tribute, but they really shouldn't unless they're sure they can hold off the unkillable-by-most-means 41 monstrosity for long enough. It's either weird-mini-Pleaides or super-Felgrand, and both I think should not be part of the already-vast Rank 4 pool. Then there's the comparison to Gagaga Samurai, which like its non-generic predecessor Blade Armor Ninja, isn't really well designed. It pretty much outclasses that card entirely since you deal more damage against an empty frontrow, and this card is still effective if that isn't the case.

It would be a lot less headache-inducing if this card's effect wasn't a quick-play effect. It makes this card stop being a weird Pleaides, and you can't use the same detach to crash into the predictable fortified position your opponent has set up. You could just swing on the turn you activate this, but your opponent is much more likely to still have some sort of frontrow in your MP1 so it's more likely that they can keep this at 21. Then there is the problem if they don't have any frontrow, where this card single-handedly deals 4100 damage and it extremely likely to survive until your next turn if you for some reason don't win that turn. I wouldn't advocate for this card's boost being any more than 1000. At 31, this card is still highly unlikely to be beaten in battle, but its ATK score isn't at overkill levels anymore. Finally, this seems like an effect that requires two detaches. As I already mentioned, Shark Knight and Castel require two for their monster-removal effect, and a huge-ATK monster that probably won't leave the board for the turn is already pretty powerful.

It's going to get worse with time effective... Immediately(?), which really makes me dislike the design more than I already wasn't fond.

It's a generic, arguably better Excalibur. I know we got a generic "Lightning Chidori" and a "generic Blade Armor Ninja", but that doesn't mean they're well designed. Castel is an infinitely worse design than 101, which is very comparable, and Gagaga Samurai reeks of OTKs popping up everywhere.

Then there's the fact that it's a "blaze of glory" design. In a format with Qliphorts and Pendulums on the whole coming forward, there is a definite chance it will just be useless or bite you in the ass for using it. It would still exist for OTKing when it's not against those decks, but it still burns out in design as decks like Qliphort and DDD occur.

Like ABC said, being a Quickplay is just wrong.

Actually, skimming ABC's post, I'm rather proud of the assessment on the whole. It's probably the best comment I've seen in RC in... a year~?

Kahhhnnnn! Wait, this isn't startrek...

At first glance This card seems like it could be an OTK enabler based on its potential high ATK. However, the better use for it in my opinion is preventing your opponent from making a move by forcing them to either tribute a critical combo piece or try to get over a 4100 ATK monster in battle that turn. I'd say this is over powered until it loses its spell spell 2 status. As is it would be right alongside 101 and exition as a staple rank 4 that everyone would use, but possibly worse then those in some ways. I'd say that if it doesn't lose spell speed 2 status, it should at least have material requirements that aren't generic (like how 101 could have conceivably required WATER monsters).

edit: can't forget Castel in the staple rank 4's list, though its currently OCG only

Yes, I didn't quite see the way which it can simply block off your opponent's move at first, so when I get back to a computer I'll say it can't activate during your opponent's MP1. I'll put the ATK boost down to 1000, and for the sake of OTK prevention it won't attack directly.

I would say it's op but considering it's a beast-warrior I think it would be ok with Konami's standards...

Why is it OP? Explain. Also, don't use Konami's standards. They aren't good at making cards, so copying them will just make you worse.

Edits being made to OP.

Archived