[Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG] Rebirth Project

Aix

Guard Beetle, Continuous Trap

During either player's turn, Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Insect-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 1050/DEF 2100). (This card is also still treated as a Trap Card.) While this card is in face-up Defense Position, your opponent cannot select any monster you control as an attack target, except "Guard Beetle."

I have always loved me some Trap Monsters, and in a version of Yu-Gi-Oh! where the Battle Phase reigns supreme once more, I think it's time to spread the love.

A free summon in this kind of slow format is not okay. Not even a wall.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Guard Beetle was a tribute summoned card, say, Level 5, it wouldn't be as bad?

You mean if it required a Tribute? Then, yeah, that'd be fine, though it wouldn't be very useful then, which then I'd still reject it.

8e9rOVK.jpg

FLIP: You can pay 2000 Life points; this card gains 2000 ATK, also if it was flipped face-up during the Damage Step: change it to Attack Position.
During the End Phase: Destroy this card, then your opponent draws 1 card.

A very slow yet powerful beatstick at a cost, it becomes a +1 for you which turns into a +1 for the opponent during the End Phase. It could also create some nice bluffs and mind games if it became popular in play. I have a feeling I should reduce its ATK a little...

So far I'm really liking this project.

I made a thing. Just a beater that gets weaker for each thing it destroys. Not sure if the attacking all monsters is okay, but I tried to give it lower attack and a similar drawback just like Spear Dragon. Maybe I should make it have to attack, like Ultimate Tyranno or something.

CNuS9pY.jpg

This card gains 100 ATK for each monster your opponent controls. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.  If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

Well, I'm gonna try out a Synchro and a Trap, since everyone is making Level 4 or lower effect monsters currently

P1tBqkt.jpg

1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Can only be Special Summoned by Synchro Summon. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can discard 1 card; negate the Special Summon of a monster and destroy it. When this card is destroyed by a card effect: Select 1 monster your opponent controls; its effect(s) are negated as long as it is face-up on the field.

fNbFlf2.jpg

Target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; as long as this card remains face-up on the field, the targeted card cannot be activated. Your opponent can discard 1 card to destroy this card. You cannot Tribute Summon while you control this face-up card. 

Tried to make a backrow hate card that also took a bit of thought and had at least some player interaction.

I like the idea here.  I kinda make a forum on cards just perfect for this forum.  So, I'll repost some of the best ones here.  Also, I'm taking out cards that focus on a certain arch-type.

[spoiler='Summoned Skelly']gnpxMk4.jpg

Lore:

When this card is summoned, you can pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon Summoned Skull from your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Skull Knight']E9WFmN2.jpg

Lore:

This card can be Special Summoned from your hand by removing 1 "Summon Skull" card in your Graveyard from play.  When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Any further Battle Damage you take this turn becomes 0.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ace Knight']nHg8FAI.jpg

Lore:
You can special summon this card from your hand when you have "Jack's Knight" on the field; You can also special summon this card from your graveyard by banishing "King's Knight", "Queen's Knight", and "Jack's Knight" from your graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Mist Assassin']XaMOJTh.jpg

Lore:
Flip: Target 1 Monster Card on your opponent's field and send it to the graveyard.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Midnight Assassin']1nxYEit.jpg

Lore:
You can send the top 5 cards from your Deck to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card to your opponents side of the field. At the end of your opponents turn, if this card is still on your opponents field, your opponent losses 500 Life Points. This card cannot be used as an Xyz material.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Zombie Attack Force']OeZg4xj.jpg
Lore:
If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase, and its battle position cannot be changed until the End Phase of your next turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Beastary']VzoaZpM.jpg

Lore:
Increase the ATK and DEF of all Beast, Insect, and Winged Beast-Type monsters by 500 points.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Double Sided World']B73l3H4.jpg

Lore:
Increase the ATK and DEF of all Winged Beast and Sea Serpant-Type monsters by 500 points.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Elemental Field']xKfESJU.jpg

Lore:
Increase the ATK and DEF of all EARTH, WATER, FIRE, and WIND monsters by 500 points.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Legendary Demension']2c9vG9P.jpg

Lore:
Increase the ATK and DEF of all the monsters on your side of the field by 200 points and decrease the ATK and DEF of all the monsters on your opponents side of the field by 300.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Light and Dark']G4veHA2.jpg

Lore:
Increase the ATK and DEF of all LIGHT and DARK monsters by 500 points.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Observatory']Ic4e5l4.jpg

Lore:
Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Elemental HERO Neos" and "Constellar" monsters by 500 points.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Plantary']pUPI7FN.jpg

Lore:
All "Plant" monsters gains 500 ATK and 500 DEF.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='The Heavens']Sd1jwzD.jpg

Lore:
Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Constellar" and LIGHT monsters by 500 points.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Phamtom Dagger']Q3AWm4h.jpg

Lore:

You can only equip this card to a Warrior-Type monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. If the equipped monster attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When this card leaves the field, banish the equipped monster. When this card is sent to the graveyard, you can send the top card of your deck to the grave, and add this card back to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Ultimate Gift of Exodia']ouSNryV.jpg

Lore:

Banish "Left Leg", Left Arm", "Exodia", "Right Arm", and "Right Leg" from your deck, hand, or grave.  Then you gain 5000 Life Points and your opponent gains 4000 Life Points.  You set one card from your deck to your side of the field.  Your opponent then sets one card from their deck to their side of the field. Then you shuffle your grave back into your deck and you draw 2 more cards.  Your opponent shuffles their grave into their deck and draws 3 cards.  The turn ends.  This can only be used once per duel.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Heart of the Cards']5AuFFX7.jpg

Lore:

You can Banish five cards from your graveyard and your opponent's graveyard.  Then choose one ability:
*Equip this card to one monster and it gains 500 ATK
*Equip this card to one monster and it gains 500 DEF
*Equip this card to one monster and it loses 500 ATK
*Equip this card to one monster and it loses 500 DEF
*You gain 500 Life Points

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Star Barrage']XfCmGzl.jpg

Lore:

You can only use this card by banishing two cards from your side of the field. Choose three Spell or Trap cards from your deck and send them to the graveyard. Then deal 100 damage to you opponent for every monster card in your graveyard. This card can only be used once per duel.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Millennium Extension']zPHg88A.jpg

Lore:

You can only activate this card if your life points are less than 500. When this card is activated, add your hand and graveyard to your deck. Then shuffle your deck and draw six new cards. If one of the cards you drew is a monster, show it to your opponent and gain 2000 life points.  If you do not draw a monster, you gain 2000 life points and your opponent gains 1000 life points.  You cannot attack the turn this card is activated.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Golden Draw']zwnceLl.jpg

Lore:

You can activate this card only when an Xyz monster on your side of the field is sent to the graveyard.  When this card is activated, choose one card in your deck and add that card to your hand.  Then shuffle your deck.  You can only activate this card once per turn.

[/spoiler]

I like the idea here.  I kinda make a forum on cards just perfect for this forum.  So, I'll repost some of the best ones here.  Also, I'm taking out cards that focus on a certain arch-type.
[long mediocre card post]

Other than the fact that these cards aren't well designed, they're support for a card that doesn't exist in this CGC, at least the first 2.

Felt like making a couple things.

kZ7rbFP.jpg

If this card is selected as an Attack Target by a monster with 1500 or more ATK: Change it to Defense Position. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not.

rcTEcLb.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monster(s)
WATER monsters you control cannot be targeted for an attack, except "Basilomortui". When this card is destroyed by battle: You can target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in Defense Position, but its DEF becomes 0 and it is treated as a Zombie-type Monster.

Just a way to safely poke for minor damage and a decent floater/beater that takes some effort to summon and doesn't even float amazingly most times.

Considering giving the first guy a generic when attacked, but idk I feel more wary with designing card for the past. Yeah, it's a better Dark Resonator, but Dark Resonator has never really been good for its effect.

Could lower its DEF and buff its switch to DEF, I guess.

I quite like those cards, Black, so I took the liberty of making something that could indirectly support them.

DA9ZqAI.jpg

This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can target 1 other WATER monster you control; increase that target's ATK by 500 and its Level by 1.

Thought I'd toss a card in here as well. Not sure if it will make the cut, but I like the idea of it so what the hey.

0x63gqk.jpg

Lore: This card cannot be summoned unless you control no monsters. This card cannot be set. You can normal summon this monster without tributing. The controller of this card cannot Summon, except by this card's effect. Once per turn: you can tribute this card you control; normal summon one monster from your hand (this counts toward your normal summon limit), ignoring the summoning conditions. Its effect(s) are negated until your next draw phase.

A second try.

[spoiler='Time Fae']

CKBrG7g.jpg

Time Fae, Level 1, Fairy-Type / DARK / ATK 0 / DEF 500

You can Banish this card from your Graveyard and pay 1000 LP to Special Summon 1 Fairy-Type Monster from your Graveyard. You can activate the effect of "Time Fae" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

A second try.

[spoiler='Time Fae']

CKBrG7g.jpg

Time Fae, Level 1, Fairy-Type / DARK / ATK 0 / DEF 500

You can Banish this card from your Graveyard and pay 1000 LP to Special Summon 1 Fairy-Type Monster from your Graveyard. You can activate the effect of "Time Fae" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

... so you just made a Mezuki for Fairies? ._.

That's not okay in the actual game, much less a CCG.

Since we haven't seen many Equip Spell Cards yet, and they were a thing in the early game, too, I took the time to make some.

laHXMWh.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Equip Spell Cards equipped to this card are sent to the Graveyard. When this card is summoned: Add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Artillery Despot" once per turn.[/spoiler]

tvPEbu0.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Equip only to a LIGHT or DARK monster. That monster gains 800 ATK. If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle: Banish the monster that destroyed that card. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ethereal Boundaries" once per turn.[/spoiler]

0nCNbUt.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']The equipped monster gains 200 ATK. Once per turn, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if the equipped monster battled a monster whose ATK is 2000 or more: Destroy that monster.[/spoiler]

Wow, did his equip cards make the cut?  Because if so, howcome my "Phamtom Dagger" didn't?

Believe me, unless TEM makes a post quoting a card or saying it's in, and then adds that card to the OP, it's not in. He's very strict about what he wants (See "Guard Beetle" for details).

Target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; as long as this card remains face-up on the field, the targeted card cannot be activated. Your opponent can discard 1 card to destroy this card. You cannot Tribute Summon while you control this face-up card. 

Tried to make a backrow hate card that also took a bit of thought and had at least some player interaction.

You overnerfed it.

Lore: This card cannot be summoned unless you control no monsters. This card cannot be set. You can normal summon this monster without tributing. The controller of this card cannot Summon, except by this card's effect. Once per turn: you can tribute this card you control; normal summon one monster from your hand (this counts toward your normal summon limit), ignoring the summoning conditions. Its effect(s) are negated until your next draw phase.

Not liking the easy beater here.

I quite like those cards, Black, so I took the liberty of making something that could indirectly support them.

This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can target 1 other WATER monster you control; increase that target's ATK by 500 and its Level by 1.

I'd rather use an Equip Spell than this. I'd say make it a Tuner.

Since we haven't seen many Equip Spell Cards yet, and they were a thing in the early game, too, I took the time to make some.

[spoiler=Lore]Equip Spell Cards equipped to this card are sent to the Graveyard. When this card is summoned: Add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Artillery Despot" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]Equip only to a LIGHT or DARK monster. That monster gains 800 ATK. If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle: Banish the monster that destroyed that card. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ethereal Boundaries" once per turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]The equipped monster gains 200 ATK. Once per turn, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if the equipped monster battled a monster whose ATK is 2000 or more: Destroy that monster.[/spoiler]

Artillery Despot is a definite no, such an easy +1 is too powerful for this CCG, and searching any Equip Spell so easily restricts future design of Equip Spells. It's not something I would have even in the normal game.

The other two are easy destruction, which isn't wanted in this CCG, and one even recycles itself.

Adding stuff to OP now.

I looked at this and it actually piqued meh interest which surprised me being as I thought I quit YGO for a bit

TWWq6U9.jpg

Lore:

Support Gunner
EARTH Warrior Effect

Level 4

When this card is Summoned, you can target one monster your opponent controls: it loses 500 ATK, and if it does, this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase.

I'll keep trying with some new cards every few minutes or so for a while.

Artillery Despot is a definite no, such an easy +1 is too powerful for this CCG, and searching any Equip Spell so easily restricts future design of Equip Spells. It's not something I would have even in the normal game.

The other two are easy destruction, which isn't wanted in this CCG, and one even recycles itself.

I see, I see. This is really difficult for me, but I'm going to give it another try and include some reasonings:

[spoiler='Defender Relic of the Ancients']ADICMPM.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Target 1 monster your opponent controls; while this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone, that monster cannot attack directly. When that target is destroyed, destroy this card. During your 2nd Standby Phase after activation, you can discard 1 Spell Card to Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Rock-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 1000/DEF 1700). This cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon and cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon.[/spoiler] 

Okay, so I know you said free summons are bad, even for a wall (like the beetle), but I tried to give it a pretty good cost to summon, or it self-destructs. You also have to wait two turns before you Special Summon it. Its defense is pretty weak, and you can't use it to assist a summon.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lord of the Decayed']Z9iNOWH.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']When this card is Normal Summoned: This card gains 100 ATK for each monster in your Graveyard. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster as an Xyz Material and sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of that monster: You can pay 500 Life Points to target 1 monster your opponent controls; switch the original ATK and DEF of that monster until the end of the turn.[/spoiler]

Just a thing to help with Xyz Summons with a pretty passive effect.[/spoiler]

One last try before I give in. 

mxl5rAH.jpg

Effect Text: This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Cursed Seal Ritual." You must also offer Monsters whose total Levels equal 7 or more as a Tribute from your hand or the field. When this card is Ritual Summoned, target 1 Monster your opponent controls; that target cannot attack until your next Standby Phase.

[spoiler='The Ritual Spell']z52m03x.jpg[/spoiler]

But mate we were still discussing that that card needed a buff…granted it was with the current game but….

Well it isn't really my place to CNC here but might as well since I'm posting. 

Maybe prevent if from activating it's effect/negating it as well?

You said it was underpowered. That meant to me that it is perfect for this project, since almost nothing that Axi's approved would actually survive in the TCG.

Here's an Xyz Monster I tried to make balanced for a slow format, too.

7NDRubd.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, if your opponent controls more monsters than you do: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card this card can attack your opponent directly, but other monsters cannot attack. If this card has no Xyz Materials, destroy this card.
[/spoiler]

Archived