[Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG] Rebirth Project

Aix

COMMUNITY CCG PROJECT

You all complain Yugimonz sucks, Yugimonz is badly designed, Yugimonz suffers from extreme power creep, so let's start from scratch. We're bringing this game back to its roots, and doing things differently with 9001% more anime girls. In this topic, all pre-existing cards are banned, except vanillas (Normal Monsters) which shall be Limited (for the lulz, it's nice to see variety in this game); effect destruction won't be so relevant, and monsters duking it out during the Battle Phase will be the main method of resolving things, thus ATK and DEF actually matter; Tribute Summons will be method that brings the strongest monsters to the field, while Xyz Summons and Synchro Summons will only serve their own little niche as utility-type monsters; costs will actually be relevant, so playing wisely while maintaining your card advantage will be key; the list goes on.

Other than the fact that these cards aren't well designed, they're support for a card that doesn't exist in this CGC, at least the first 2.

Isn't Summoned Skull one of Yugi Moto's original cards?  So doesn't it exist in this CGC since it's a vanilla?  Therefore, aren't my first two cards support for a card that exists?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... Maybe I'm underestimating the power level we should be aiming for. I've removed the Tribute Summon restriction on Divine Capsule and made it so they had to tribute a face-up monster to destroy it rather than discard a card.

65oOVH2.jpg

[Spoiler Lore]

Target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; as long as this card remains face-up on the field, the targeted card cannot be activated. Your opponent can tribute 1 face-up monster they control to destroy this card.

[/Spoiler]

As far as Auratus goes, we already have a decent amount of Tuners for now, so I don't really want to make it a Tuner. I have buffed its effect though. It is supposed to be non-Tuner Synchro support, so I made that part more obvious.

4rOl0tq.jpg

[Spoiler Lore]

This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can target 1 WATER monster you control; increase that target's ATK by 500 and its Level by 1. A Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as a Synchro Material gains the following effect.
- When this card is Synchro Summoned: Draw 1 card.
[/Spoiler]

As Black said, generic draw power shouldn't be a problem in a slow metagame. Not sure if its ok making Synchros replenish the card advantage lost by making them, but it still takes 2 turns and is unreliable at present. 

Isn't Summoned Skull one of Yugi Moto's original cards?  So doesn't it exist in this CGC since it's a vanilla?  Therefore, aren't my first two cards support for a card that exists?

The point of the whole thing is that Aix want's to avoid archetypes, so in the event that a monster is listed in the effect of a card that is visually similar in art and has a similar name, it will most certainly be denied.

The point of the whole thing is that Aix want's to avoid archetypes, so in the event that a monster is listed in the effect of a card that is visually similar in art and has a similar name, it will most certainly be denied.

Ahh, thanks.  Makes things a lot clearer.  So what's wrong with the two assasins, Zombie Attack Force, my field Spells, "Heart of the Card", or some of the traps I submitted?  I'm trying to get a grasp on why they were denied/not liked.

6l6z5bc.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']If this card attacks a face-down Defense Position monster your opponent controls, before damage calculation: You can destroy that monster, and if you do, this card can attack your opponent directly as a second attack.[/spoiler]

I know you said that effect removal's looked down upon, but I made it so that its base statuses are very low and is easily run over.

zsS2kzX.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]
The monster equipped with card gains 200 ATK. When this equipped card is sent to the graveyard, all Beast-type monsters you control gain 100 ATK.
[/spoiler]

Decided to sign up for YCM just for this, actually. Here's a very basic Equip Spell called "Silver Claws". It also provides generic Beast-type support by giving 100 ATK to Beast-types. The artwork was the best I could get for such a thing, sorry. Also, I made it Rare.

And here's a Beast-type monster it can support!

9nBj4Pj.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]
When this monster is Normal Summoned: you can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard. If you do, this card gains 200 ATK. If you sent an Equip Spell to the graveyard, this card gains 200 more ATK.

[/spoiler]
As you can see, it can reach a mighty 1800 ATK quite easily!

Another Xyz Monster. This one requires more materials and more effort to summon, pretty much forcing you to use up 3 Normal Summons for a piercing effect/2400 ATK beater.

wFoxsKV.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']3 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card , then target 1 monster you control; if that card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. This effect lasts until the end of the turn.[/spoiler]

I looked at this and it actually piqued meh interest which surprised me being as I thought I quit YGO for a bit
Lore:
Support Gunner
EARTH Warrior Effect
Level 4
When this card is Summoned, you can target one monster your opponent controls: it loses 500 ATK, and if it does, this card gains 500 ATK until the End Phase.

I'll keep trying with some new cards every few minutes or so for a while.

Too powerful as it breaks the 2500 tier for no cost.

One last try before I give in. 

Effect Text: This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Cursed Seal Ritual." You must also offer Monsters whose total Levels equal 7 or more as a Tribute from your hand or the field. When this card is Ritual Summoned, target 1 Monster your opponent controls; that target cannot attack until your next Standby Phase.

[spoiler="The Ritual Spell"]z52m03x.jpg[/spoiler]

Kinda weak and not useful. Rituals are really inconsistent, and incur a huge minus, so you need something to make up for that. The temp attack block isn't enough.

[spoiler=Lore]2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, if your opponent controls more monsters than you do: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card this card can attack your opponent directly, but other monsters cannot attack. If this card has no Xyz Materials, destroy this card.
[/spoiler]

Black pointed out earlier how Xyz were bad design, and you'd have to do something good about them to counter that. An easy 2100 direct attack is kinda strong.

I got another idea for this format and was seeing if it would be good enough, so here it is
vnoWPhc.jpg
It is basically a substitution for monster reincarnation. I am not sure if this would be too power for the format or not.

I'd add a discard and an ATK boost so you wouldn't so easily equip it to your opponent's monster. That'd make it cooler.

[spoiler="Brute Goblin Slasher"]w5IzDMx.jpg

Lore:
Once per turn, this card can attack twice.
[/spoiler]

Add some sort of discard cost to this guy and/or tone him down, a 1900 base ATK double attacker is too much.

zsS2kzX.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]
The monster equipped with card gains 200 ATK. When this equipped card is sent to the graveyard, all Beast-type monsters you control gain 100 ATK.
[/spoiler]

Decided to sign up for YCM just for this, actually. Here's a very basic Equip Spell called "Silver Claws". It also provides generic Beast-type support by giving 100 ATK to Beast-types. The artwork was the best I could get for such a thing, sorry. Also, I made it Rare.

And here's a Beast-type monster it can support!

[spoiler=Lore]
When this monster is Normal Summoned: you can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard. If you do, this card gains 200 ATK. If you sent an Equip Spell to the graveyard, this card gains 200 more ATK.
[/spoiler]
As you can see, it can reach a mighty 1800 ATK quite easily!

200 ATK + 100 ATK boost is kinda ineffectual.

While milling is fine, I'm not seeing the point of the milling of Equip Spells. Seems kinda random and luck-based.

This is genius, ossom idea.

2 cards made with the already approved cards in mind and the general mindset of the game - one is pretty generic and the other one is harmless flavour for a slow format.

Considering even weaker cards were common in the healthy beginning of this game, I figured you'd not turn them off even if they're aren't not top-notch CCG meta. (every CG needs it's commons?)

Sapling_of_Passion.jpg

Target 1 monster you control with 1500 ATK or less; it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. Your opponent takes no battle damage this turn.

Chaos_Urami.jpg

This card cannot be equipped with Equip Spell Cards. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an Effect Monster, you can have this card lose 1000 ATK; destroy that monster. If you do, this card can attack once again in a row.

Version 2 in case you'd find ease of things intolerable:

Chaos_Urami_2.jpg

It's fun. the idea is refreshing. I'd also strongly recommend banning all 1900 ATK or more LVL 4 vanillas to return the weaker ones into play.

EDIT: hunduel's card is awesome for a starting CG. btw.

Black pointed out earlier how Xyz were bad design, and you'd have to do something good about them to counter that. An easy 2100 direct attack is kinda strong.

Fixed its ATK to 1300. Required so that your opponent also has the advantage before you attack directly, and destroys itself when it's out of materials. Is that a good enough counter to bad design?

Re-did some cards:

[spoiler=Silver Claws]NqvnwCh.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]The monster equipped with this card gains 300 ATK. If this card is equipped to a Beast-type monster, the equipped monster gains 500 ATK. When this equipped card is sent to the graveyard, all Beast-type monsters you control gain 200 ATK.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Silver-Fur Wolf]HjKvS8M.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]When this monster is Normal Summoned: you can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard. If you do, this card gains 300 ATK.[/spoiler]

And decided to add two new cards! The first does have a swarming effect, admittedly, but you aren't really able to do much with it, as it is weak and can't be used for Xyz swarm (it's also Ultra). The second is a Fusion! And yes, the two cards belong to a mini-archetype (if that's okay). I assume that a generic Spell/Trap Card that allows Fusion Summons will come about. Also, Flamvell Guard might be a problem as a vanilla, simply because of its defence and because it is a tuner at the same time. Oh and Gem-Knight Pearl seems like a good relatively easy to summon vanilla beater.

[spoiler=Theatric General - Antoine]EEAqDm9.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]If you control exactly 1 "Theatric" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned in this way, it cannot be used as Xyz Material. When this card is Normal Summoned: add 1 "Theatric" monster from your deck to your hand. This card gains 100 ATK for each monster your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Theatric Leader - César]D34PSAx.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]2 "Theatric" Monsters

This card does piercing damage. Once per turn, you can target one monster your opponent controls. It loses 200 ATK and DEF until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

Some new cards:

vggdF6g.jpg]

[spoiler=Text]Once per turn, during your Main Phase: you can target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field; equip that target to this card. (Only 1 card at a time can be equipped due to this effect.) If this card would be destroyed by battle, the equipped monster is destroyed instead.[/spoiler]

I9j5YbC.jpg

[spoiler=Text]Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.[/spoiler]

VHTGoaN.jpg

[spoiler=Text]Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card. You cannot Normal Summon or Special Summon other monsters during the same turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

oux4ZyN.jpg

[spoiler=Text]When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower WATER or Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

Here's a Trap card!

kpnOgQX.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Activate after a monster you control is sent to the graveyard: Flip a coin. If heads, destroy a monster on this field. If tails, destroy a Spell/Trap card on the field.[/spoiler]

And here's a Level 2 Winged-Beast.

Aj0M6hq.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, you can discard 1 card. If you do, roll a dice. Then, depending on what you rolled, inflict x100 damage the number you rolled to your opponent.[/spoiler]

This is genius, ossom idea.
2 cards made with the already approved cards in mind and the general mindset of the game - one is pretty generic and the other one is harmless flavour for a slow format.
Considering even weaker cards were common in the healthy beginning of this game, I figured you'd not turn them off even if they're aren't not top-notch CCG meta. (every CG needs it's commons?)

Sapling_of_Passion.jpg
Target 1 monster you control with 1500 ATK or less; it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. Your opponent takes no battle damage this turn.

Chaos_Urami.jpg
This card cannot be equipped with Equip Spell Cards. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an Effect Monster, you can have this card lose 1000 ATK; destroy that monster. If you do, this card can attack once again in a row.

Version 2 in case you'd find ease of things intolerable:
Chaos_Urami_2.jpg

It's fun. the idea is refreshing. I'd also strongly recommend banning all 1900 ATK or more LVL 4 vanillas to return the weaker ones into play.
EDIT: hunduel's card is awesome for a starting CG. btw.

Urami's a little strong, the Sapling, I'm not entirely sure about the flavor. I usually don't speak up, but Sapling really doesn't seem right.

Remastered Goblin Slasher.

[spoiler="Brute Goblin Slasher"]r3YZp21.jpg

Lore:
Once per turn you can discard 1 card: If you do, this card can attack twice.
[/spoiler]

It's already a beater, so I'd make it have a maintenance cost as well.

Re-did some cards:
[spoiler=Silver Claws]NqvnwCh.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lore]The monster equipped with this card gains 300 ATK. If this card is equipped to a Beast-type monster, the equipped monster gains 500 ATK. When this equipped card is sent to the graveyard, all Beast-type monsters you control gain 200 ATK.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Silver-Fur Wolf]HjKvS8M.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lore]When this monster is Normal Summoned: you can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard. If you do, this card gains 300 ATK.[/spoiler]

And decided to add two new cards! The first does have a swarming effect, admittedly, but you aren't really able to do much with it, as it is weak and can't be used for Xyz swarm (it's also Ultra). The second is a Fusion! And yes, the two cards belong to a mini-archetype (if that's okay). I assume that a generic Spell/Trap Card that allows Fusion Summons will come about. Also, Flamvell Guard might be a problem as a vanilla, simply because of its defence and because it is a tuner at the same time. Oh and Gem-Knight Pearl seems like a good relatively easy to summon vanilla beater.

[spoiler=Theatric General - Antoine]EEAqDm9.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lore]If you control exactly 1 "Theatric" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned in this way, it cannot be used as Xyz Material. When this card is Normal Summoned: add 1 "Theatric" monster from your deck to your hand. This card gains 100 ATK for each monster your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Theatric Leader - César]D34PSAx.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Lore]2 "Theatric" Monsters
This card does piercing damage. Once per turn, you can target one monster your opponent controls. It loses 200 ATK and DEF until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

We don't really want Archetypes and Antoine is way overpowered for this level. I'd give Silver Wolf some more mill power and lower ATK boost for each card.

Some new cards:

vggdF6g.jpg]

[spoiler=Text]Once per turn, during your Main Phase: you can target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field; equip that target to this card. (Only 1 card at a time can be equipped due to this effect.) If this card would be destroyed by battle, the equipped monster is destroyed instead.[/spoiler]

I9j5YbC.jpg

[spoiler=Text]Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.[/spoiler]

VHTGoaN.jpg

[spoiler=Text]Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card. You cannot Normal Summon or Special Summon other monsters during the same turn you activate this effect.[/spoiler]

oux4ZyN.jpg

[spoiler=Text]When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower WATER or Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

Grunt and Canine are too strong for this level. Succubus would be fine with a bit more ATK, like 1600 or 1700.

Here's a Trap card!

kpnOgQX.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Activate after a monster you control is sent to the graveyard: Flip a coin. If heads, destroy a monster on this field. If tails, destroy a Spell/Trap card on the field.[/spoiler]

And here's a Level 2 Winged-Beast.

Aj0M6hq.jpg
[spoiler=Lore]Once per turn, you can discard 1 card. If you do, roll a dice. Then, depending on what you rolled, inflict x100 damage the number you rolled to your opponent.[/spoiler]

Coin of Confliction shouldn't be a Counter Trap. Avian Spearman seems kind of pointless and weak. Burn isn't really relevant.

Because Urami not only can freely destroy any monster, but it also survives and attacks again.

I'm just not seeing how a sapling protects a monster.

Which is (considering how common lvl 4 2000, 1900 beaters are) alternate effect monster removal, the main cardpool is Normal Monsters, despite limiting them there's still like a thousand. if it's level 7, it reqs 2 tributes for a usually a costly unrecycle-able effect that leaves with 800 ATK, means it can't lock your opponent the same way a high level beater can and can be critical right now, if your opponent pulls a high attack beater like basilo or vanity's demon which you usually can't get around. 

if you still think so, I'll hurry up and change it.

Passion sapling was made with the tibetan tree of life in mind, if that clarifies. it's like a peace thing, like a symbol. the monster's not destroyed, the opponent is not harmed. spiritual peace-y stuff. :)

Archived