[Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG] Rebirth Project

Aix

Which is (considering how common lvl 4 2000, 1900 beaters are) alternate effect monster removal, the main cardpool is Normal Monsters, despite limiting them there's still like a thousand. if it's level 7, it reqs 2 tributes for a usually a costly unrecycle-able effect that leaves with 800 ATK, means it can't lock your opponent the same way a high level beater can and can be critical right now, if your opponent pulls a high attack beater like basilo or vanity's demon which you usually can't get around. 
if you still think so, I'll hurry up and change it.
Passion sapling was made with the tibetan tree of life in mind, if that clarifies. it's like a peace thing, like a symbol. the monster's not destroyed, the opponent is not harmed. spiritual peace-y stuff. :)

We're going to have plenty of high Level Effect monsters soon. And when that happens, this card will be overpowered.

Flavor's kinda obscure for sapling.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to try this again with this guy.

[spoiler= Galaxy Rex]

U3xIUVb.jpg

Galaxy Rex

ATK/ 2900 DEF/ 2600

Lore: Must be Ritual Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can Ritual Summon this card with "Enter Earth". Once per turn by discarding 1 card: Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= And His Spell]
ToN0iJC.jpg
Enter Earth
Lore: This card is used to Ritual Summon "Galaxy Rex". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 8 or more.
[/spoiler]

We're going to have plenty of high Level Effect monsters soon. And when that happens, this card will be overpowered.

Flavor's kinda obscure for sapling.

nerfed now:

Chaos_Urami_2.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be equipped with your Spell or Trap Cards. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card declared an attack on an Effect Monster, you can have this card lose 1000 ATK; destroy that monster. If you do, this card can attack once again in a row.

This can't be Special Summoned, limited to Tributing now, cannot be equipped with your Spell or Trap Cards (in case we pop out a fiendish chain once and the opp will use it, traps changed to inculde excalibur sword card)

effect triggers only if you declared the attack, on an effect monster only, that's to prevent cases when this is set and your opponent falls for it (in the same case, the ATK reduction wouldn't matter and it's generally unfair)

the attack declaration also makes sure that in the end you are left with a silly 800 attacker in ATK position that's piece of cake for your opponent.

This card is to control fair game, I'll do anything to remove abuse but it's designed to let the game stay fair in case your opponent has a high tier attacker you can't touch, when the game feels like Yugioh Forbidden Memories against gate guardian. it's prone to happen in a slow format, that a player gets full advantage.

About sapling, I've really sat down thinking what's wrong and how can I change it, I really can't think of anything really wrong there. It's magic, it's even based on a buddhist tree figure which is sort of a lore. it's not "sap protecting a monster", it's the illusion / appearance of the tree of life preventing death / massacare. sapling as in young, small tree. passion I guess can be changed to Life, but that's just me trying to avoid common names.

I haven't seen any union monsters in forever, so here we go.

87IH1zw.jpg

[spoiler= Lore]

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control this card on the field, you can equip it to a face up level 4 or lower Warrior-type monster you control as an Equip Spell Card, OR unequip the Union equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. While equipped to a monster by this card's effect, increase the ATK/DEF of the equipped monster by 1000 points. If the equipped attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster is destroyed as a result of battle, destroy this card instead.)

[/spoiler]

This is genius, ossom idea.
2 cards made with the already approved cards in mind and the general mindset of the game - one is pretty generic and the other one is harmless flavour for a slow format.
Considering even weaker cards were common in the healthy beginning of this game, I figured you'd not turn them off even if they're aren't not top-notch CCG meta. (every CG needs it's commons?)

Sapling_of_Passion.jpg
Target 1 monster you control with 1500 ATK or less; it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. Your opponent takes no battle damage this turn.

Chaos_Urami.jpg
This card cannot be equipped with Equip Spell Cards. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an Effect Monster, you can have this card lose 1000 ATK; destroy that monster. If you do, this card can attack once again in a row.

Version 2 in case you'd find ease of things intolerable:
Chaos_Urami_2.jpg

It's fun. the idea is refreshing. I'd also strongly recommend banning all 1900 ATK or more LVL 4 vanillas to return the weaker ones into play.
EDIT: hunduel's card is awesome for a starting CG. btw.

Owait, the original Urami is fine, just realized it was Level 5 and not 4.

I haven't seen any union monsters in forever, so here we go.
87IH1zw.jpg
[spoiler Lore]
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control this card on the field, you can equip it to a face up level 4 or lower Warrior-type monster you control as an Equip Spell Card, OR unequip the Union equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. While equipped to a monster by this card's effect, increase the ATK/DEF of the equipped monster by 1000 points. If the equipped attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster is destroyed as a result of battle, destroy this card instead.)
[/spoiler]

Too weak for a Level 5.

[spoiler="Fixes and a new card"]KEJhKW7.jpg

All face-up FIRE monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each FIRE monster in your Graveyard.

Mir8tOS.jpg

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower WATER or Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

rr6Dq1m.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Tribute Summoned: Target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

Vsnrnr7.jpg

Once per turn, during your Main Phase: you can target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field; equip that target to this card. (Only 1 card at a time can be equipped due to this effect.) If this card would be destroyed by battle, the equipped monster is destroyed instead.

vArvVRd.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 Beast-Type monster you control. All face-up Beast-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK for each Beast-Type monster you control. You can only control 1 "Dog King of Dogs".

[/spoiler]

I'm interested too. Here are some ideas:

[spoiler=Sitting Long Neck]

VAC7hYD.jpg

If this Attack Position card would be destroyed, you can change it to Defense Position instead. If there are 2 or less cards total in your hand and your side of the field, this card gains 600 ATK and DEF, and its Level is increased by 3.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ghostly Mercenary]

ESgI8eC.jpg

When Normal Summoned: You can target 1 monster from any Graveyard with equal or lower ATK than this card; equip it to this card. If this card changes to Defense Position: You can target 1 card equipped to to it; return it to the hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Victory by Divine Decree]

PzJ35ER.jpg

Once per turn, the turn player can use this effect. When a monster the turn player controls battles another monster: That player can discard 1 card and banish 1 monster from their Graveyard with the same Attribute as their battling monster to target it; that target gains ATK and DEF equal to the banished monster's during Damage Calculation only. If you do, monsters cannot be destroyed by this battle.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dispelling Firebird]

Pm8nhBD.jpg

2 monsters
You can Fusion Summon this card from your Extra Deck by sending the above cards you control to the Graveyard. When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Tribute it and target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sniping Water Insect]

uG1MENs.jpg

Once per turn: You can place 1 Sniping Counter on this card. You can remove 2 Sniping Counters from this card to target 1 Attack Position monster; change it to Defense Position, and if your opponent controls that monster, it gains 400 DEF.

[/spoiler]

Repeating my question:

What do you suggest then?  He already costs 1 card from your hand every time you use the effect.

I'll try and answer this as it's plain obvious from my view.

1.He can run over most lvl 4s. he's 1900 ATK, 1900 attackers shouldn't get any other privileges, just look how some of the first cards are 1500 ATK beaters who utilize their eff just to become 1900 beaters.

2.He can attack twice, which breaks it. it's suppoused to be a slow format, and your stuff would be broken in the original format aswell.

3.The discard cost is nothing, do you really believe discarding would bother anyone much? especially in a slow format which mostly relies on Normal Summons and beaters? you'd often draw beaters you won't use.

nerf it, but seriously.

I want to join this too. It looks like fun!

Here are my cards:

[spoiler='Dydevis, the Undead Assassin']JTmeHrV.jpg

Lore:

3 Level 4 monsters

Once during either player's turn, if this card attacks or is attacked, you can detach 1 Xyz material: this card gains 800 ATK points for the rest of this turn. Once per turn, during your End Phase, you can discard 1 card: excavate the top card in both player's decks; if it was a monster, the owner take 500 damage.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Mystic Neon Wings']AEs0cbJ.jpg

Lore:

The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and DEF points. Once per turn, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is equipped to a LIGHT monster, it gains these effects:
• If the equipped monster destroys a monster in defense position, inflict piercing damage.

• If the equipped monster deals 2000 or more battle damage to your opponent, draw 1 card.[/spoiler]

I think I've gotten the feeling for this, so let's hope the jump I'm making has deep water at the bottom.

[spoiler='Thunder Knight Raiden']

rJrbSEl.jpg

Tempest Knight Raiden, Thunder-Type, DARK, Level 4, ATK: 1700 / DEF 1500

Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can discard 1 Thunder-Type monster from your hand; if you do, change the Battle Position of 1 monster your opponent controls. During your End Phase, if that card is still on the field: You take damage equal to half of that monster's ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Cursed Seal Dragon (REDEUX)']

1zcFlvk.jpg

Cursed Seal Dragon, Dragon-Type / Synchro, DARK, Level 7, ATK: 2600 / DEF: 2100

1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Monster
When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card during your turn:  You can pay 500 LP; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it, then 1 monster your opponent controls cannot attack until your next Standby Phase.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Guardian Beetle (Guard Beetle Redeux)']

FTekDs6.jpg

Guardian Beetle, Insect-Type, EARTH, Level 5, ATK: 0 / DEF: 2100

Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card is sent the the Graveyard by Battle: You do not take any Battle Damage for the rest of the turn.

[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...

Hmm!  This is interesting.  I have a few cards that could work.  I never knew where to put them because they weren't ones that helped any of my other cards specifically.

[spoiler='Juggo the Interferer']aBfV256.jpg[/spoiler]

As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, the hand size limit of all players equals the level of this card. Once per turn: you may increase or decrease this card's level by one.

[spoiler='Fungu Baby']JDo4H9F.jpg[/spoiler]

FLIP: Equip this card to an opponent's monster. It cannot attack or be tributed.

[spoiler='Powla Powa']UrDREUH.jpg[/spoiler]

If this card is tributed, your opponent skips their next main phase 1.

[spoiler='Kwaker #1']3OVC0RC.jpg[/spoiler]

Once per turn you can flip this card into face up defense mode to change the battle positions of 1 monster your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, then this card cannot change battle position until your next main phase 1.

[spoiler='Kwaker #2']lcWtcj0.jpg[/spoiler]

Once per turn you can flip this card into face up defense mode to change the battle positions of all face-up monsters your opponent controls. If you activate this effect, then this card cannot change battle position until your next main phase 2.

Really cool idea!

This is a really cool idea. I'll try and come up with neater ideas, but for now 6 field spells for each attribute :>

[SPOILER=Cards]

[SPOILER=Dark Mist Palace]

A6ssiab.jpg

Increase the ATK of all face-up DARK monsters by 500. During your Draw Phase, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon this turn. If this card would be destroyed: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard instead.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Floating Islands]

v40tDUd.jpg

Increase the ATK of all face-up WIND monsters by 500. WIND monsters with less than 1500 ATK can attack twice per turn. When this card is destroyed: You can place it on top of your Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Forbidden Forest]

nexit1z.jpg

Increase the ATK of all face-up EARTH monsters by 500. As long as this card is on the field: EARTH monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. If you control 2 or more EARTH monsters: This card cannot be targeted by card effects.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Molten Cave]

5ZXORbw.jpg

Increase the ATK of all face-up FIRE monsters by 500. If a FIRE monster attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed: Inflict 700 damage to your opponent. 

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Sacred Ground]

g9Irnm2.jpg

Increase the ATK of all face-up LIGHT monsters by 500. Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 LIGHT monster you control: Draw 1 card. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed: You can reveal 1 LIGHT monster from your hand instead.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=Sanctuary Lake]

xKJvpY9.jpg

Increase the ATK of all face-up WATER monsters by 500. WATER monsters cannot be targeted or destroyed by Trap Cards. When this card is destroyed: Add 1 WATER monster from your Deck to your hand.

[/SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Hope these are good enough for the OP

Archived