Anime School [IC- PG-13+]

Draconus297

Izanagi sighed sadly. "A Shade. Most beings cannot see them- only the most powerful of Demons and the remaining Divinities can view them. They are quite possibly the most terrible thing on this earth. They are the souls of the most evil people- Seraphim, Demon, human- ever to exist. Their entire purpose is to entice death and suffering, to feed the existence of Death. Most of them like being called Hands of Thanatos, but I've heard Messenger of Death, Reaper's Aide, Ferry Guides, and Roaches."

She hung her head. "The worst thing they are capable of is taking control of someone's body, and forcing the body into something its host would never do of their own volition, and making them watch. Forcing them to watch themselves do something terrible, something atrocious. I know because . . ." her voice dropped sadly, "it's happened to me."

"It made me . . . it made me . . . rip out my own pistils." She began to cry. "I can't continue my species. I'm guaranteed to be the last of my line." She bowed her head, revealing that the flower atop it was savaged, with only the pollen-producing stamens remaining- and even then there were only three left. "I guess that is why I raised Sakura. I will never be a real mother, so . . ."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yoshi stirred from his daydream when the Rumika girl came in. She said something about "XvI caliber", and that some of the students might be this. He rubbed his eyes, and became slightly worried. He didn't know what the terminology meant, and the worry turned to paranoia. What if it's a disease? He thought. What if I have it? He looked out the window, and saw a bird fly into a tree. No, that can't be it, why would she do an... wait. Even though Yoshi knew there was something... supernatural about him, he didn't believe in auras and other alternitive medicine. So, he deduced it can't be a disease. But, better safe than sorry. "Um, excuse me?" he said, standing up and slightly waving his hand. "You can scan me first, if you want." He began to walk up to the front of the class, where the girl was.

Yui lost her cool expression for merely a fraction of a second- her eyes widened ever-so-slightly in surprise before returning to their calm face-forward demeanor. "So, you want to be examined first?" She gave a light, noncommittal shrug. "Very well, then."

She gave a small look at Nakamura. "You do have a screen to make it so no one looks in on this process, correct?"

The grizzled man nodded, and tossed Yui a large black fold-out screen that was beyond opaque. Despite its obvious weight, Yui caught it single-handedly and unfolded it around Yoshi's desk.

"Sit, " she commanded, every signal in her expression signaling that it would be beyond stupid to disobey. "Now," she added, fiddling with the clasp of her Sylph Lock.

Marie bowed and left the Headmaster's office ... While going to the class, she was wondering why her Creator have contacted her when she was about to made the headmaster her rival ... 

**flashback**

Marie, staring at the headmaster with a sad glare, was about to leave, but then she was paralyzed for few seconds [...]

In those few seconds, her master make a contact with her, she always sense his existence and his surveillance, but he never contacted her since her fist day on earth, it was a surprise for her "Master, You don't know how happy I am right now" "me too Azriel, me too. Look... we don't have much time before he will discover our connection. My dear Seraphim, even if it the Headmaster's manners show a cruel side of him, his purposes are noble, he was a mate of mine, however..."

Then she realized that she have reached the class, she saw Crow and the girl who sent her to the headmaster's office, she remembered her meeting with that demon, she saw Ritsu, and how she was slightly watching him cautiously. Marie was afraid that the demon who obsessed Crow would hurt the little Ritsu, however, Marie cannot make contact with her, so she try something to pay her attention... She entered the classroom, bowing for Nakamura, then she saw Yoshi and Yui making a kind of a Examination, she make her self as she was fixing her hair near to him, then she whisper in his ears, "Yoshi, can you give another minto after this examination is done, I don't feel well", she was dangerously close to him that her voice have tickled his neck. Than, rapidly before going to her place, she went to Ritsu, kissed her forehead, so she could be close to her and see through her thoughts, Ritsu have always remembered Marie of an Angel called Soraya, she was like her, tiny and Indifferent, however, Marie have loved her and treat her as her sister "You know, we can walk together to the girl's dorms later, I'm sure that A-chan will like this idea" she smiled then she quickly back to her seat before Nakamura noticed her... "Have you missed me, my little demon?" she said to Crow with a malicious British accent. Suddenly, she remembered something "Ooow... DAISUKEEE, THE HEADMASTER IS WAITING FOR YOU !!" she shouted.

Vienna looked horrified at her account of her encounter with the Shades. She couldn't help but hug Izanagi and cry on her shoulders as well. "That's the saddest thing I ever heard! There's not word in no language I know to describe such heinousness! How can there be such evil beings in the world?! I... I..." She got into realization suddenly of a tale she heard from few of the older members. "I now see it... my family was afraid of that fate..." She left the hug and looked down, still with tears on her eyes. "Some of the "elders" of the clan, the remaining members, they were always praying for the souls to "keep on the light"... And avoid the..." Realization came... and repeated facegrass, cutting the drama for a second. "GAAAAAAH! Now I'm sure the shades hate me even more than usual! That's why they wanted you to kill me! We just released over two thousand souls from the fate of becoming shades and they will probably go Greek on my tail if they get me! Can this day become weirder than it already is?!"

Izanagi shakily regained her composure. "It . . . it is in the past. Assuredly, I am just a damaged plant. Nothing worth crying over. Besides," she added, "you are the one in danger. You may want to stay on campus for a while. Here, at least, you will be safe from them. The Headmaster has this . . . aura. If he does not like you, you cannot come anywhere near this place. I cannot explain it, and he has threatened to press me into a scrapbook if I ask about it. I have never seen a Shade on the grounds."

Izanagi's stomach growled viciously. "First, however, I am extremely hungry. I suppose that this transformation into a flower was temporary, otherwise our purpose for going was rendered moot."

Meanwhile, Sakura closed the Root Door. "Mother, you were supposed to eat while you were out! The smell of a human body dissolving in acid makes my leaves curl." She shuddered. "Just thinking about it is making me want to vomit."

Vienna was about to say something when the flower became once again a human body, but this one was glowing gold. "Okay, that has to be radiactive or something." She gets closer, but when she touches it, her body becomes human again, albeit briefly. "Well, that's a strange development. How is this happening, by Amaterasu's sake?" Suddenly, her sister appears, young as she was in Vienna's time and an angel. "H-H-Hikari-neechan?!"

Hikari smiles. "Misato-san, my dear sister. I came to tell you about my body and how it may help your friend beyond what you think." She floats over her body and the glow on it begins to shrink, focusing on the chest. "Right now, it is mostly a simple body, enough to nurture her for a while. However, it's heart now has the power to become a seed. That seed can generate a flower like the one that saved your friend before. If taken care, it may be strong enough to nurture all this garden by itself and even heal the plants that are damaged. Consider this my last gift before I depart... Vienna."

Vienna suddenly recovers from the scene. "Hold on a second! How does all this even work?! I mean, how many power did you have left?!" Hikari giggles and leaves, questions left hanging. "Well, this is when people would call 'lousy plot point', but I guess life is weirder than fiction." Vienna looks at the body and rips the heart, which becomes a large golden seed. "Wow, trippy..."

Yoshi looked at her dead in the eyes, trying to decern why she commanded so much power. If most people did this, they would come across as a threat, violent even. But Yoshi just looked inquisitive, never losing his slight smile. He was intrigued to no end. He sat back down, and looked at the set up on his desk. His examinations were interrupted by a familiar voice. "Yoshi, can you give me another Mento after the examination is done, I don't feel well." He felt Marie's breath on his neck, and heard a slight ragged exhale to the 'well', indicating she was tired as well as ill. Still, her breath smelt slightly sweet, so not all bad. He looked up at her trailing figure, and gave a slight smile. He then looked back at Yui. "Well, let's get started, shall we?" He picked a coin out of his pocket, and flipped it. "Side" he called, and the coin landed on the desk on it's side, caught in a small notch. He smiled at her.

Izanagi looked confused. "What just . . ."

Sakura shrugged. "Apparently there's magic out there even you haven't studied."

Izanagi unfurled her vines, mentally preparing herself. "I have not fed as I should in so long . . . What if I lose control of myself? All that power at once . . ."

"It won't do you any good to psych yourself out," Sakura admonished. "You're a Flytrap, the third-strongest variety of Demon that exists! Nothing short of eating a Stream Mage could overtake your magic resistance!"

"Right." Izanagi entwined a vine around Hikari's body's leg. She raised the finally lifeless corpse to her face. "Here we go."

---------

Yui fully closed the screen. "Now, I don't want to frighten you, but this is a military proofing screen. This thing is soundproofed and more than tough enough to take pretty much anything you want to throw at it."

She shrugged. "I've conducted this process on monsters that can blow up small countries. I have learned to prevent collateral damage."

"Now," she said, partially removing her Sylph Lock, "I'm going to riffle through your head, okay? As long as you don't fight me, this will be quick and painless."

Yoshi was overtaken by the Divine Radiance. Put simply, he now worshipped Rumika Yui as the Goddess she legitimately was.

Yui leveled her violet eyes to Yoshi, and began looking through his memories.

The body, as expected, is in a good state and its nutrients will help her feed. It doesn't seem to trigger the reaction Izanagi was fearing, so that part would probably go uneventful. Vienna, on the meanwhile, looks for a clear spot where to plant the flower. She's still a bit nervous about the fact the Shades may come for her, which is not a very good idea. She hopes everything can go fine at the end. As she finds a clear spot where to plant the rather large seed, she digs a bit and plants the seed, then goes, very reluctantly, to get some water to help it grow. As she managed to get some without scaring or falling into it, she waters the plant, then sees how some of the pllen around approached the soil and is absorbed. "So this pollen can help it being fed... good to hear." She decided to relax and sit on the ground, although she found it hard to breath slowly, as it caused a bit of fire breath to come out. She now had to handle her new demon powers, as well as the fact she may still be different from other demons. For starters, it's likely she can calmly assume her human form once out of the garden. Also, she has no idea what level of demon she is, but she fears she may be on a pretty high level.

Yoshi was shivering. His smile was gone, his emotions turned blank. The only thing he could feel was admiration for the girl standing before him... nay, not a girl, but a goddess. Yet, there was another emotion, and that was why tears currently streamed down his face. It was... lamentation.

~~
"Yoshi?" Yoshi looked up from the papers scattered around him, and looked at the source of the voice. It was a short, stout man, with a large bald patch on the top of his head. His arms were covered in hair, and his skin was slightly tanned. In his hand, he held an empty bottle of Sake. "Yoshi?"
"Papa?" Yoshi said, a mixture of fear and worry in his voice. He didn't know if his dad was drunk yet; sometimes he would have a few bottles before he went out to pick up his courage, other times he would only have one. Luckily it seemed to be the latter. "Son, so you want to go on an adventure?"
His eyes widened. He never got taken anywhere by his dad. "Where are we going?"
"The den."
Yoshi had never been to the den before, but his mother always talked about it. His father went there every Friday to play cards and waste their money, losing it on some kind of game. Yoshi didn't know what it was, but it sounded fun.
"Come on, Yoshi. Get your shoes on."
~~
"W...Why...." Yoshi stammered, unable to understand what was going on. "Why can I... see this?"

~~
The game was Five-Card Draw, a form of Poker. It normally varied, with the only constant being Akio. He was there to play every game. He wasn't that good at any of them, but this was the one he felt most confident about.
"Hey, Akio!" One of the members of the table called out. Yoshi didn't know who the person was, but he was a thin man, with a very angular face. "We didn't think you were coming this time? Why you so late?"
Akio put his hands up in a shrug. "Caught in traffic."
The thin man looked at Yoshi. "This your kid?"
"Yeah, his name's Yoshi." Yoshi did a small bow.

~~
Akio came back into the house. It was the third week of Yoshi going to the den, and he had become a firm favorite of the group. Even though he was clearing out their money, he was a cute kid. They didn't see that he was the cause, just that the added pressure of not making a fool of himself in-front of his son was actually making him play better.
"How much did we win this time, dear?" purred a voice from the top of the stairs. It was his wife, who had just left her job. Akio could barely contain himself. "Enough to keep us going for a Year!" He was practically jumping on the spot. "And it's all thanks to Yoshi!" He turned around and picked his son off the ground, and span him around. Yoshi squealed in delight; he was finally noticed by his dad. He was finally getting noticed.

~~
"Hey, Yoshi!"
The shout came from behind him. He turned to see the face of his bully, Haruki. He would always call him up after school was finished, and shout abuse at him. Yoshi was twelve now, and he was having the time of his life. Haruki was a minor inconvenience, but nothing more.
~~

Yoshi shivered as the event began to play out. "No... don't go there..." He was like a bystander. He watched the kid take a swing. "No...". He watched him trip and fall forwards. "No...". The car came around. "NO!"

~~

Yoshi was wrenched out of his memories, screaming. He didn't need to go that far into his head. Never again. He crossed his arms on the desk and hid his head inside of them. "Please... stop. Just stop," he whimpered.

Izanagi hungrily opened her maw, and wasted no further time with the corpse. In a quick instant, the only remaining clue as to Hikari's existence was a rapidly diminishing lump in Izanagi's gut. A minute later, and not even that remained.

Sakura had been right regarding the smell. The acrid, acidic stench of digestive fluid seemed to cut the air itself, and there was an overtone of rotting flesh that left the poor Hamadryad at her knees, retching.

"Sorry," Izanagi apologized. The full, lush green of her body and vines was the ultimate indicator of her returned health. The tiny buds that dotted her vines simultaneously opened, revealing a garden's worth of small purple flowers. "I feel so much better now!"

The Flytrap embraced Vienna with her long vines. "Thank you. I have not felt this good in ages!"

---------

Yui looked in on the memories with a frown. "Luck manipulation. Interesting, but not exactly dangerous . . ." She let out a small growl from the back of her throat. "Not who I'm looking for at all."

The girl smiled as she stood, replacing her Sylph Lock's clasp. "Sorry for wasting your time."

Unbeknownst to Yui, however, she had yet again taken too long with her scan, and the power of Divine Radiance had permanently wormed its way into Yoshi's head. Of course, even if she had known, she wouldn't care- she was already used to shooting down would-be worshippers, and probably wouldn't regard Yoshi as any different.

"Next!" she called, opening the screen to permit Yoshi to leave.

Vienna smiles nervously. "It's okay, Izanagi-san. Thank you for helping me cope with my family's destiny at last. I now know they will be fine and I'm free to atone myself for the way I chose." She was still uneasy about the whole Shades thing, but at least she knows she could fulfill her word... somewhat. The Yakiwa clan was still at large and they may still mean trouble for the world, but her family was safe in the afterlife now, releasing the family of their duties. About herself, there was still to see her path to follow. "Um, I think I should return to class now. Nakamura-sensei must still be waiting my return and I can see I had been several hours out of class, which my adoptive parents would not like."

Joudas was sitting in his chair, as he was pondering how he could persuade Yui to leave Koltplei alone, so he did not hear when Yui called for voulenteers the first time, 'A threat might not work, i don't know what she's capable of, but, what can i do other than that, well, i guess i could try and reason with her, although my voice of reason might be different than what people of this timeline would consider reasoning, but i guess i willn't know if i won't try' And as he finished his train of thought, he heard Yui call out for another voulenteer, and so he got up and walked over to her, he then look at her and said "We need to talk."

• 2 weeks later...

Izanagi nodded. "Returning to class would probably be best." She clicked her Sylph Lock back on, and her appearance returned to human. Vienna found that she couldn't feel so much as the tiniest trace of the massive power the demon before her had been radiating mere seconds before.

She smiled. "I truly must thank you. You quite honestly saved my life. As thanks," she said, writing a room number in fire in midair, "meet me on the fifth floor, in the room nearest the elevator. After school, or at lunch. I'll be there at all times. I must teach you to redirect your demonic auras . . . and the methods of true magic."

With that, Izanagi bowed her head. "Blossom Vanishing." With that, she disappeared in a storm of cherry blossom petals.

Sakura returned to her tree, yawning. "I sure as hell won't teach ya that trick."

---------

"I said 'NEXT!'" Yui called impatiently, orange lightning beginning to arc around her.

Nakamura began to sidle sideways, apparently prepared to leave his students to her wrath.

Vienna grabbed the room number at the air, or at least tried. It burned onto her fur a bit, but it was healing. She saw the teacher leaving and realized the lock was pretty much something she may have to be forced to wear. By the other hand, she still felt uneasy with that kind of device. She sets on fire the burnt she got on her fur and looked in her bag for a paper to burn the location into it. After three trials and errors, she managed to make it and got the room number in a piece of paper, which she saved for later. Then she looked at Sakura, sighing. She felt her presence and realized it was being too annoying for her. "For a hand, my human heart tells me you're just seeing me as a human AND a demon huntress, which in part I'm glad to." She then smirked at the next line. "By the other hand, I so want to sharpen my claws on you at the first chance." It took a lot of self control for her to not actually fulfill that threat. "Anyway, I'm leaving. Teacher must be nervous." Using her focus, she managed to find the closest thing to an exit she could find and rushed through it by setting herself on fire to pass thrugh the barrier, something she just found out she could do. As she turned her fire off, she went back to the class. "Hai, I'm sorry for being so late." She bows, not noticing she's still in her white nekonome form. Or that her body is emitting both demon AND holy power, probably a side effect of the pollen from before. Also, she still had the white yukata instead of her normal clothing.

Yui glared at the intrusion- while she had had some experience with mild disrespect, she thought that there would still be no one stupid enough to interrupt an angry Goddess.

The whole room seemed to freeze as Yui sized up the Nekonome, with all eyes drawn to one or the other.

"I must analyze you, Miss. Office Order." Rumika Yui did not ask- she demanded. Even through the powerful seal of the Sylph Lock around her wrist, Vienna could sense enough raw godly power to choke all the elephants in the world. Bolts of orange electicity arced about her, and it was clear that to anger Yui was to risk not merely death, but total annhilation.

Slowly, the girl calmed, and the power that filled the room began to dissipate.

Vienna looked at her and was surprised for the ammount of power she was seeing. She knew the being in front of her was a Goddess. Given the current power and the lock in her wrist, she knew it was the kind of goddess that may hurt her beyond her body and soul, so she nodded. "Hai, megami-sama." She was internally very nervous, which is why she didn't bother to avoid addressing her as a goddess, but it was to late for changing that now.

She tried to relax, in the process changing back to her human form, which she notices when she opens her eyes and realizes her sight is blurred again. Awkward silence. Sigh. "Oh, man..." She looks among her clothes for her glasses and puts them on, knowing that now everybody in that class saw her Nekonome form. "I'm doomed, ain't I?"

Archived