newhat

TRAP

Continuous

If a player controls a monster with over 2000 ATK: You can activate this card from your Graveyard by targeting 1 monster they control; its ATK becomes 2000. When that target leaves the field, Set this card in your Spell/Trap Zone. If this face-up card would be sent to the Graveyard, return it to your hand instead.

You can't activate it from your field. It offers a powerful offensive and defensive combat trick if you can get it into the Graveyard, but it's completely useless if you can't. Hence, "you can't outrun the dawn forever".

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how do you get that card in the Graveyard, BTW?...

The most common ways would be either Lightsworn or Lavaval Chain (off the top of my head). Possibly even some DW players would discard it if they had no other options with Dragged or Dealings.

This could also be used as the your target for Double Cyclone for it to go to the grave. But, I personally would rather mill it since I won't have to waste some cards to just discard it/destroy it unless you add another effect that you can benefit from if you do discard it or destroy it when FD.

Archived