Madness and Tranquility [9 Cards so far]

AcediaJC

To be honest, this set was mostly just inspired by some artwork I found and wanted to use for some cards. It's a small set, based on the idea of 2 powerful Xyz monsters who require monsters of a certain rank rather than a certain level, meaning they have to be Xyz summoned using other Xyz monsters. And then if certain cards were attached as materials to the Xyz monsters used to summon them, they'll gain even more powerful effects.

I am a bit worried that these may be horribly broken, mostly just concerned about how quickly and easily somebody could bring either of the Xyzs onto the field. Their requirements are 2 other R7-R10 Xyzs, which I honestly don't have too much experience with using so I'm not sure how easily a clever player could get two Rank 7+ monsters on the field to summon one of these, though the Beasts probably make it exceptionally easy (Which is the point). I attempted to balance them out by having both Gods discard your whole hand if they manage to get destroyed or banished (the latter of which they have no protection from), but of course that does require the opponent to get past them first before there's a negative for you so I'm not sure yet if that really balances them at all. So if there's any huge issues with them, please let me know what, why, and how to possibly fix them :)

Also, little shout-out here to EpicDrago for being such a big help with the effects and ideas for this set!

[Spoiler=The Mad God and Tranquil God]

33cq2kw.png

KGOD-001 The Mad God Kraze

2 Rank 7 - 10 monsters
Any Xyz materials attached to the monsters used to Xyz Summon this card are attached to this card as Xyz materials as well. Once per turn: You can detach 1 level 7 or higher Xyz material from this card to destroy up to 2 Monsters your opponent controls, and banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand for each "Mad Beast of Kraze" attached to this card. This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect, you can detach 1 Rank 7 or higher Xyz material from this card to negate that effect. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard or banished, you must discard your entire hand.
Card art by ronnydie-vu06 on deviantart

35bhv8l.png

KGOD-002 The Tranquil God Kalm

2 Rank 7 - 10 monsters
Any Xyz materials attached to the monsters used to Xyz Summon this card are attached to this card as Xyz materials as well. Once per turn: You can detach 1 level 7 or higher Xyz material from this card to destroy up to 2 Spell or Trap cards your opponent controls, and draw 1 card for each "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" attached to this card. Spell and Trap cards cannot be activated in response to this effect. This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect, you can detach 1 Rank 7 or higher Xyz material from this card to negate that effect. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard or banished, you must discard your entire hand.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The Mad Beast and Tranquil Beast]

287dok0.png

KGOD-003 The Mad Beast of Kraze

This card cannot attack. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon. Any monster Xyz Summoned using this card cannot attack, and its effect is negated. You can reveal this card in your hand and discard 1 "Madness" or "Tranquility" Spell Card or 1 monster; Until the End Phase, you can Normal Summon "Mad" and "Tranquil" monsters without tributing. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 2 Spell Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck. You can banish 2 Spell Cards from your Graveyard with the same name; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is used for an Xyz Summon, you can treat it as a Level 8, 9, or 10 monster. When this card is summoned: You can add a "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" to your hand from your Deck.

5p2b0m.png

KGOD-004 The Tranquil Beast of Kalm

This card cannot attack. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon. Any monster Xyz Summoned using this card cannot attack, and its effect is negated. You can reveal this card in your hand and discard 1 "Madness" or "Tranquility" Spell Card or 1 monster; Until the End Phase, you can Normal Summon "Mad" and "Tranquil" monsters without tributing. If this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 2 Spell Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck. You can banish 2 Spell Cards from your Graveyard with the same name; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is used for an Xyz Summon, you can treat it as a Level 8, 9, or 10 monster. When this card is summoned: You can add a "Mad Beast of Kraze" to your hand from your Deck.

2e1hn3k.png

KGOD-005 The Mad and Tranquil Summoner

You can banish 1 DARK or LIGHT Monster from your Graveyard: Special Summon this card from your hand. This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of "The Mad Beast of Kraze" or "The Tranquil Beast of Kalm". When a "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" is Tribute Summoned using this monster: You can target 2 of your banished Spell Cards with different names and pay 1000 LP; send the targets to the Graveyard.

34j8zlw.png

KGOD-006 The Mad and Tranquil Guardian

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can banish a "Mad Beast of Kraze" and a "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 2 Xyz Materials attached to a rank 7-10 Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If this card is used for an Xyz Summon, you can treat it as a Level 8, 9, or 10 monster. Once per turn, you can send 2 Spell Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck; add one of your banished "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Madness and Tranquility Spells]

wvvd5l.png

KGOD-007 Madness and Tranquility

Banish 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard; shuffle a "Mad" or "Tranquil" monster into your Deck from your Graveyard. When this card is sent from your hand or deck to your graveyard, you can reveal 1 Xyz Monster in your Extra Deck, and declare a number between 7 and 10. That monster's Rank then becomes the declared number.

Card art by Kurunya on deviantart

30sygpw.png

KGOD-008 Madness Sacrifice

Send one "Mad and Tranquil" monster from your deck to your graveyard, then return 2 banished "Madness" or "Tranquility" Spells to your deck. When this card is sent from your hand or deck to your graveyard, you can banish 1 Xyz material attached to a Rank 7 - 10 Xyz Monster you control, then attach 1 "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" from your hand, deck, or graveyard to a Rank 7 - 10 Xyz Monster you control. While in your graveyard, this card's name is treated as "Madness and Tranquility".

Card art by naiiade on deviantart

eafqlj.png

KGOD-009 Offering for Tranquility

Banish 1 "Madness and Tranquility" from your Graveyard, and draw 1 card. When this card is sent from your hand or deck to your graveyard, you can Normal Summon 1 additional "Mad" or "Tranquil" Monster this turn (This effect can only be activated once per turn). While in your graveyard, this card's name is treated as "Madness and Tranquility".

[/spoiler]

EDIT 3: Updated the effects of every card and added 1 new spell, "Offering for Tranquility".

Needs more "oomph". The idea that the beasts completely destroy the monsters that are xyzd with them...At least make it easier to Xyz. I would suggest changing the beasts a bit. I am listing my suggested versions of the support monsters (feel free to use), also I think the Xyzs are quite well balanced and good just the way they are, except for Kraze I suggest sending the cards to the Graveyard from the hand instead of banishing. With these versions, Summoner makes a decent recycler and if you have one of the Beasts in your hand you can basically normal summon it and special summon the other beast from your deck by banishing 2 s/ts with the same name from your deck (that is the short version of the combo). I would suggest making Spell/Trap cards for these that basically only have when this card is sent to the graveyard or when this card is banished effects, other than a few negaters. If the idea of banishing 2 of the same name bothers you, then all you have to do is add the eff "While this card is in the Graveyard, its name is treated as "________""

Here is my suggested versions of the support monsters:

Mad Beast of Kraze:

This card cannot attack. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon. Any monster Xyz Summoned using this card cannot attack, and its effect is negated. This card can be Normal Summoned without tributing. When this card is Normal Summoned this way: Send 2 Spell Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck, if you cannot, return this card to the hand. You can banish 2 Spell/Trap Cards from your Graveyard with the same name; Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is summoned: You can declare any number from 7 to 10; this card's level becomes that number, then you can add a "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" to your hand from your Deck.

Tranquil Beast of Kalm:

This card cannot attack. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon. Any monster Xyz Summoned using this card cannot attack, and its effect is negated. This card can be Normal Summoned without tributing. When this card is Normal Summoned this way: Send 2 Trap Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck, if you cannot, return this card to the hand. You can banish 2 Spell/Trap Cards from your Graveyard with the same name; Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is summoned: You can declare any number from 7 to 10; this card's level becomes that number, then you can add a "Mad Beast of Kraze" to your hand from your Deck.

The Mad and Tranquil Summoner (make level 7):

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can banish a "Mad Beast of Kraze" and a "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 2 Xyz Materials attached to a rank 7-10 Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is summoned: You can declare any number from 7 to 10; this card's level becomes that number. Once per turn, you can send 2 Spell/Trap Cards to your Graveyard from your hand, Deck, or your side of the field (including face-down); add one of your banished "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" to your hand.

I like the idea of their effects sending Spell/Traps to the graveyard as a cost that also sets up for their banishing effects along-side Spell/Traps that activate when sent to the graveyard by them, so I'll definitely make use of that! The suggestions for Summoner though feel like they change the card completely, it doesn't keep any of the original effect from what I can see. Still seems like a good effect to keep things moving, but I feel like it should be a whole new monster. Since the intention with Summoner is easier tributes for the beasts and protection rather than recycling. So I may use that suggestion for a completely new monster, since it does seem like it could open a lot more possibilities for the set. Either way, I'll certainly use some of these ideas once I update this set, so thanks for the review :)

I kind of intended for the set to be a bit slow, since I felt something capable of easily busting out Rank 7 - 10s could be a bit too dangerous if it was super quick, even if anything summoned with the beasts is negated and unable to attack. But I was also going to switch the effect around a bit to keep the current Summoner relevant, by still allowing them to summon for free by banishing Spells from the graveyard, or when they're tribute summoned properly (Ideally with the Summoner's effect), they can send 2 Spells to the grave and search out the opposite beast, setting up for its summon as well. So the combo then would be send out the Summoner, next turn tribute it to summon one of the beasts, send 2 spells to the grave to search the other beast, then banish those same 2 spells to summon it right away and go right into a Rank 7 - 10. So then it's still limited by requiring a turn to be able to tribute the Summoner (Unless you start the turn by Special Summoning it so you can still Normal Summon the same turn), but is quick enough to bust out one of the Rank 7 - 10s the moment a beast hits the field. Would that also work well?

Honestly I think the idea of your current summoner....is a bit pointless. No offense or anything, it just seems irrelevant in this type of deck. That was why I completely changed it around. Even if it is rank 7-10, its effects are negated and cannot attack, so its quite weak, thats y the quickness i suggested is not overpowered whatsoever. Its likely that you would only be able to xyz one rank 7-10 a turn with the combo i suggested, so it would take 2 turns to get out one of the gods. They would however, be good for a rank-up deck, but you still need the rank-up spell cards. 

Honestly I think the idea of your current summoner....is a bit pointless. No offense or anything, it just seems irrelevant in this type of deck. That was why I completely changed it around. Even if it is rank 7-10, its effects are negated and cannot attack, so its quite weak, thats y the quickness i suggested is not overpowered whatsoever. Its likely that you would only be able to xyz one rank 7-10 a turn with the combo i suggested, so it would take 2 turns to get out one of the gods. They would however, be good for a rank-up deck, but you still need the rank-up spell cards. 

Hm... Would it help if the Summoner had a way to SS itself and hopefully speed things up that way? That would bring it up to about the same speed as your suggestions, with 1 rank 7 - 10 a turn... Which along-side your original suggestion for it on a separate card provides more options for the deck, right? Having two equally efficient ways to make the combo would be more beneficial than just riding mostly on one certain combo I imagine. Or possibly, would it be useful to also make the Summoner's secondary protection effect a bit more useful? Like rather than just protecting the beasts from battle (Which now that I think about it is pointless if the plan is to just Xyz instantly), maybe when tributed it could search out the recycling card you suggested or something, or just a simple draw 1 card, something like that?

Okay here's an idea that just popped into my head. If you change the beasts like I said, able to change levels/search whenever summoned, and add a new card based on the suggested change to summoner, then I got a good idea for a way to change your original Summoner.

You can banish 1 DARK or LIGHT Monster from your Graveyard: Special Summon this card from your hand. This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of "The Mad Beast of Kraze" or "The Tranquil Beast of Kalm". When a "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" is Tribute Summoned using this monster: You can target 2 of your banished Spell/Trap Cards with different names and pay 1000 LP; send the targets to the Graveyard.

The 1000 is just to balance it out.

This way you can recycle the cards you banish to special summon the beasts from hand. The other idea I had suggested (Maybe call it Conjurer?) would recycle the banished beasts. Both of them adds ammo for the special summons of beasts.

Dude you got me really wanting to make my own version of this now lol. But its your idea so I am not going to. I would like to work with you on this archetype if thats okay. I think we could make something pretty cool.

Okay here's an idea that just popped into my head. If you change the beasts like I said, able to change levels/search whenever summoned, and add a new card based on the suggested change to summoner, then I got a good idea for a way to change your original Summoner.

You can banish 1 DARK or LIGHT Monster from your Graveyard: Special Summon this card from your hand. This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of "The Mad Beast of Kraze" or "The Tranquil Beast of Kalm". When a "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" is Tribute Summoned using this monster: You can target 2 of your banished Spell/Trap Cards with different names and pay 1000 LP; send the targets to the Graveyard.

The 1000 is just to balance it out.

I dig it, I dig it alot. Since I planned to use your suggestion for the spell support as well, it fits together perfectly with the "while in the graveyard, this card's name is treated as ____" effect... Since they'd be back to their original names while banished, and thus it wouldn't really matter which ones the Summoner targets with its effect since they'd become the same name once back in the grave, and thus fodder for the other monsters. Makes the Summoner a much more versatile monster for sure.

So are you going to change the Beasts like I said? And are you going to change Summoner like I suggested?

Also, would you please add a level 7 monster with the effect I suggestd:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can banish a "Mad Beast of Kraze" and a "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 2 Xyz Materials attached to a rank 7-10 Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is summoned: You can declare any number from 7 to 10; this card's level becomes that number. Once per turn, you can send 2 Spell/Trap Cards to your Graveyard from your hand, Deck, or your side of the field (including face-down); add one of your banished "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" to your hand.

I just really like this deck idea and wanna help out on it lol

So are you going to change the Beasts like I said? And are you going to change Summoner like I suggested?

Also, would you please add a level 7 monster with the effect I suggestd:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. You can banish a "Mad Beast of Kraze" and a "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can banish 2 Xyz Materials attached to a rank 7-10 Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is summoned: You can declare any number from 7 to 10; this card's level becomes that number. Once per turn, you can send 2 Spell/Trap Cards to your Graveyard from your hand, Deck, or your side of the field (including face-down); add one of your banished "Mad Beast of Kraze" or "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" to your hand.

I just really like this deck idea and wanna help out on it lol

I am, I'm just putting together a couple of the spells as well to post along with the updated versions and new monster. They should be up soon!

I just had a bit of an unusual idea. If you wanted, you could add a rank 7, rank 8, rank 9, and rank 10 xyzs that can work separately, but also have an effect like

"When this card is Xyz Summoned, if there is a card with "Mad" or "Tranquil" in its name attached to this card; You can _____________________ (This effect cannot be negated by the effect of "Mad" or "Tranquil" cards).

I put that one effect in there for a reason. Without it, the deck will severely stall. The beasts need to be able to be normal summoned without tributing...Remember, "You can Normal Summon this card without tribute. When this card is Normal Summoned this way: Send 2 Trap Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck, if you cannot, return this card to the hand."

No offense or anything, but without being able to be normal summoned without tributes, it becomes very very likely to stall out while waiting for like Summoner, who would not even be useful because you wont have a beast in the grave to banish to summon him.

Mad Beast of Kraze:

This card cannot attack. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon. Any monster Xyz Summoned using this card cannot attack, and its effect is negated. This card can be Normal Summoned without tributing. When this card is Normal Summoned this way: Send 2 Spell Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck, if you cannot, return this card to the hand. You can banish 2 Spell/Trap Cards from your Graveyard with the same name; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can declare any number from 7 to 10; this card's level becomes that number. When this card is summoned: You can banish 1 Spell Card from your Deck; add a "Tranquil Beast of Kalm" to your hand from your Deck.

Tranquil Beast of Kalm:

This card cannot attack. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon. Any monster Xyz Summoned using this card cannot attack, and its effect is negated. This card can be Normal Summoned without tributing. When this card is Normal Summoned this way: Send 2 Trap Cards to your Graveyard from your hand or Deck, if you cannot, return this card to the hand. You can banish 2 Spell/Trap Cards from your Graveyard with the same name; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can declare any number from 7 to 10; this card's level becomes that number. When this card is summoned: You can banish 1 Trap Card from your Deck; add a "Mad Beast of Kraze" to your hand from your Deck.

Archived