An odd idea... A card that lets you use 4 copies of it?

AcediaJC

So here's a random idea I had in the middle of the night. Basically its a monster whose effect provides it with an exception to the limit of having 3 copies of the same card in your deck, and letting you have up to 4 copies of this thing in the same deck. Its effect beyond that is just splashing a ton of them onto the field at once and providing a source of draws (At the cost of 1 discard for every draw). I also added an option to banish one of them from the field to reduce battle damage to 0 when using a Legion of Clonemen, so that if your opponent won't destroy them and they're clogging your field, you can just charge them into an opponent's monster and destroy them yourself without fear.

I was kinda hesitant to post this in RC since obviously its effect goes against a rule that's been part of the game since the beginning, so I completely understand if it gets moved to AoC. I was just posting it here first in hopes of getting some RC-level critique. So with that said, here is the card:

339nl79.png

CLNE-001 Legion of Clonemen

| Dark | Fiend | Effect | Level 1 | 100 ATK | 100 DEF |

Your deck can contain up to 4 copies of this card. This card cannot be Tributed or used for a Synchro, Xyz, Fusion, or Ritual Summon. When your opponent Summons a level/rank 4 or lower Monster, you can Special Summon from your hand or deck "Legion of Clonemen" equal to that Monster's level or rank. When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, draw 1 card, then discard 1 card. You can banish this card from the field to reduce all battle damage from any battle involving a "Legion of Clonemen" to 0.

Card art by 2dforever on deviantart

Archived