[Serious] OmegaWave's AMA

OmegaWave

Going to college during the Spring Semester and i'm currently unemployed. I was laid off mid-july and i've been having some trouble finding a new job lately.

I hope you find a new job and make it through this =D

I'm going to Wilmington University and they offer a course for "Video Game Design and Development". That's what i'm going for.

Cool, another YCMer near me (relatively....granted its 2-3 hours but still)

Ok, favorite Metroid Game, Boss, and Powerup gogogo

I hope you find a new job and make it through this =D

Cool, another YCMer near me (relatively....granted its 2-3 hours but still)

Ok, favorite Metroid Game, Boss, and Powerup gogogo

Funny that you mention that. I was just playing Super Metroid on my SNES.

Super Metroid is my favorite game, favorite boss is Ridley X from Fusion, and power up.......tough one........Okay, for right now, i'll say the Wave Beam just because of how drastically the game changes once you get it.

Funny that you mention that. I was just playing Super Metroid on my SNES.

Super Metroid is my favorite game, favorite boss is Ridley X from Fusion, and power up.......tough one........Okay, for right now, i'll say the Wave Beam just because of how drastically the game changes once you get it.

Those are some good choices =P

Not that you asked, but...

at the moment, speed booster/space jump are my favorite power ups, and I'd have to say... Ridley is my favorite boss. He's always good, no matter the game. =P Honorable Mention to Serris and Yakuza X

How do you pick a favorite Metroid game they're all so dang good

I even loved II which I just played last week

...Prime 2 is probably my favorite. Zero Mission and Super follow very shortly after.

Next Question!

Least favorite boss, powerup, and game!

Though these tend to be a bit more obvious

Those are some good choices =P

Not that you asked, but...

at the moment, speed booster/space jump are my favorite power ups, and I'd have to say... Ridley is my favorite boss. He's always good, no matter the game. =P Honorable Mention to Serris and Yakuza X

How do you pick a favorite Metroid game they're all so dang good

I even loved II which I just played last week

...Prime 2 is probably my favorite. Zero Mission and Super follow very shortly after.

Next Question!

Least favorite boss, powerup, and game!

Though these tend to be a bit more obvious

Are we still talking Metroid here? If so,

Least favorite boss is probably Mother Brain. Not because of the character, but because of THE GOD DAMN FLYING CHEERIOS AND LITTLE CONFETTI CANNONS IN HER ROOM! Honorable mention to the Rhedogian from Other M. Pain the ass.

Least favorite power-up is a tie between 3. Light Beam, Dark Beam, and Annihilator Beam. Prime 2 was a great game and I understand the beams are themed for the game, but I just don't like how the beams behave.

Least favorite Metroid game is Hunters. It just doesn't feel right. I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel like a Metroid game to me. To paraphrase David Jaffe when asked about Twisted Metal 3 and 4, "Metroid Prime Hunters is a good game. It's just not a good Metroid game."

Are we still talking Metroid here? If so,

Least favorite boss is probably Mother Brain. Not because of the character, but because of THE GOD DAMN FLYING CHEERIOS AND LITTLE CONFETTI CANNONS IN HER ROOM!

Least favorite power-up is a tie between 3. Light Beam, Dark Beam, and Annihilator Beam. Prime 2 was a great game and I understand the beams are themed for the game, but I just don't like how the beams behave.

Least favorite Metroid game is Hunters. It just doesn't feel right. I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel like a Metroid game to me. To paraphrase David Jaffe when asked about Twisted Metal 3 and 4, "Metroid Prime Hunters is a good game. It's just not a good Metroid game."

seriously i can talk about metroid forever
Mother Brain was a huge pain at times, but I hate her because of baby metroid go bye bye

But least favorite boss is probably Kraid simply because he (along with the other 2..Draygon and Phantoon[Other M shh...]) had so much potential for 3D returns that never happened. They favored Ridley a bit too much...but dude he's ridley

The Light beam felt lame, I agree (seems like the gist of what you're saying), but I actually really like the Annihilator Beam. Dark was ok, what redeemed it was how amazing the dark buster looked

I agree, Hunters is my least favorite. Pinball is amazing

Come on though, you gotta admit ball jump being its own thing had to be a bit lame xD

Hunters was quite...lacking in the powerup department, but it did have some redeeming things at times. What you said sums it up =P

Not technically Metroid related, but...

Do you like playing any hacks/mods for older games? if so, which ones? If not, why?

seriously i can talk about metroid forever
Mother Brain was a huge pain at times, but I hate her because of baby metroid go bye bye

But least favorite boss is probably Kraid simply because he (along with the other 2..Draygon and Phantoon[Other M shh...]) had so much potential for 3D returns that never happened. They favored Ridley a bit too much...but dude he's ridley

The Light beam felt lame, I agree (seems like the gist of what you're saying), but I actually really like the Annihilator Beam. Dark was ok, what redeemed it was how amazing the dark buster looked

I agree, Hunters is my least favorite. Pinball is amazing

Come on though, you gotta admit ball jump being its own thing had to be a bit lame xD

Hunters was quite...lacking in the powerup department, but it did have some redeeming things at times. What you said sums it up =P

Not technically Metroid related, but...

Do you like playing any hacks/mods for older games? if so, which ones? If not, why?

I typically don't play hacks or mods for any game (Mostly because my computer sucks). There are some games i'll gladly mod, like Minecraft. Others just need to be left alone. There are some Super Metroid hacks however that are essentially completely different games and I do like those and do want to play those one day like Metroid Eris and Darkholme Hospital.

Best boss in every game gogogo

=)

O_o

Never really played through enough of Metroid 1 or 2, sadly. Also never played Pinball.

Zero Mission: Varia Suit Guardian

Super Metroid: Dinosaur Mother Brain (RIP Baby Metroid)

Fusion: Ridley X

Prime 1: Thardus

Prime 2: Quadraxis

Prime 3: Rundas

Other M: Ridley (I beat that shit on Hard Mode. If you can beat this fight on Hard Mode, you can beat Dark Souls II.)

Hunters: .....what boss? You mean that big pillar thing you fight over and over?

O_o

Never really played through enough of Metroid 1 or 2, sadly. Also never played Pinball.

Zero Mission: Varia Suit Guardian

Super Metroid: Dinosaur Mother Brain (RIP Baby Metroid)

Fusion: Ridley X

Prime 1: Thardus

Prime 2: Quadraxis

Prime 3: Rundas

Other M: Ridley (I beat that s*** on Hard Mode. If you can beat this fight on Hard Mode, you can beat Dark Souls II.)

Hunters: .....what boss? You mean that big pillar thing you fight over and over?

lol, good answers

But wait Varia Suit guardian…?

I thought there was no boss to that...

Pinball was good.

Mother Brain woulda been better if it made sense

the thing literally died and came back to life

Coolness wise, many of those were my favorites

Hmm...

Favorite Missile/beamcombo?

lol, good answers

But wait Varia Suit guardian…?

I thought there was no boss to that...

Pinball was good.

Mother Brain woulda been better if it made sense

the thing literally died and came back to life

Coolness wise, many of those were my favorites

Hmm...

Favorite Missile/beamcombo?

It makes sense because Mother Brian is for lack of a better term, a Cyborg. Her life energy was drained, then the mechanical parts kicked in and took over, which explains why she was fully mobile, but still looked sorta dead.

Varia Suit Guardian meaning the Chozo Temple boss thing that gives you what we know TODAY as Samus' Varia Suit. The suit with the big shoulders n stuff.

As for the combos, I never really used them. They're not required at any point of any game, so I just skipped over them.

It makes sense because Mother Brian is for lack of a better term, a Cyborg. Her life energy was drained, then the mechanical parts kicked in and took over, which explains why she was fully mobile, but still looked sorta dead.

Varia Suit Guardian meaning the Chozo Temple boss thing that gives you what we know TODAY as Samus' Varia Suit. The suit with the big shoulders n stuff.

As for the combos, I never really used them. They're not required at any point of any game, so I just skipped over them.

Ok, that was a pretty cool boss.

Wait why did you skip over those

like WHYYYYY

metroid prime is easier to fight

not to mention they're just awesome

Not just combos though, like missiles too

Super, Ice, seeker

Hyper

Ok, that was a pretty cool boss.

Wait why did you skip over those

like WHYYYYY

metroid prime is easier to fight

not to mention they're just awesome

Not just combos though, like missiles too

Super, Ice, seeker

Hyper

Diffusion Missile, then. Bar none. I wish it was in more games than just Fusion.

It would be so much better if it wasn't already fused with the ice missile

I liked the Seeker Missile, myself. Diffusion is second tho

Favorite soundtrack in every game

Metroid - Brinstar

Metroid Zero Mission - Kraid Area

Metroid II - SR388 Overworld

Super Metroid - Brinstar Overgrowth Area

Metroid Fusion - Nightmare's Theme (Honorable mentions to the Ridley X theme and the Serris Theme)

Metroid Prime - Thardus Battle Theme (Honorable mention to Parasite Queen and Hive Totem, as well as Phendrana Drifts)

Metroid Prime 2 - Emperor Ing 1st Form Battle (Honorable mentions to both Torvus Bog themes)

Metroid Prime 3 - Rundas Battle Theme (Honorable mention to Dark Samus Final Battle)

Metroid Other M - Final Ridley Battle

Metroid Prime Hunters - I don't remember a single song in it.

Archived