Name Swap: Odd-Eyes and Magician for Phantoms + Pendulum Summon with Trap card?

FairGamer

[attachment=42402:Envoy Pendulum.jpg]

Pendulum Effect: Unless you have "Magician" or "Odd-Eyes" card in your other Pendulum Zone: During the End Phase of the turn you Pendulum Summoned, while this card was face-up in your Pendulum Zone; Banish all monster that were Special Summoned this turn (except monsters Special Summoned before Pendulum Summon). You can send this card to Extra Deck. When this card is send from Pendulum Zone to Extra Deck; Add 1 "Phantom" monster from your deck to your hand, except "Phantom Star Magician - Envoy".

Monster Effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Deck, Extra Deck or face-up on the field. If this card is Pendulum Summoned, this card becomes Effect Monster with this effect: 1) Once per turn, during either players turn, you can target 1 face-up monster on the field switch the original ATK and DEF of the targeted monster. 2) Once, during either players turn, banish 1 card your opponent controls.

[attachment=42403:Chaos Pendulum.jpg]

Pendulum Effect: You must send 1 "Phantom" monsters from your deck to the Graveyard to activate this card. During each of your End Phase, you must send 1 "Phantom" monster from your deck to the Graveyard or send this card to the Extra Deck. If you have "Phantom" card in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's cannot be destroyed by card effects. Monsters you control cannot be banished.

Monster Effect: This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in your Deck, Extra Deck or face-up on the field. When this card is Pendulum Summoned this card becomes Effect Monster with this effect: 1) Once per turn, during either players turn: You can target 1 monster you control, it cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. 2) Once, during either players turn: You can target 1 monster you control, it cannot be destroyed by card effect.

NecroMagician_zps16805a0c.jpg

Pendulum Effect: If you have 2 cards in your Pendulum Zones: Target 2 monsters in your Graveyard, each with a Level between (exclusive) the Pendulum Scales of the cards in your Pendulum Zones; banish all cards from your Pendulum Zones, then Special Summon the targeted monsters from your Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as Pendulum Summon.) You must have a "Magician" card or "Odd-Eyes" card in your other Pendulum Zone, to activate this effect.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned: Target 1 monster you control; return that target to the hand, then Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower monster from your Graveyard.

lmzHxwU.jpg

When this card is activated, place it face-up in your Pendulum Zone as a Pendulum Spell card, with Pendulum Scale 2. While in Pendulum Zone, this card gains following effect: "You can Pendulum Summon during your opponents turn. If you do: Destroy this card during your End Phase."

Before anything I know that "Phantom" isn't an archtype, but I really liked the whole "Phantom Star" idea and wanted to somehow connect it with "Phantom Beasts". Gotta love them :D I checked if there would be any problem with that but didnt find anything wrong, it can't be abused in any way.

Feel free to comment and rate :)

Well first thing's first; There are no images. It's hard or pretty impossible to rate/review imcomplete cards. I suggest you do something about it or B, post the stats and request this moved to written cards.

Envoy seems iffy without knowing what the others do. Other than that, I can't properly review these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

please,I want to do pendulum cards,but my Card Maker doesn't have the option to make "Pendulum" :/ how do yo did this? :)

There's a downloadable template for Photoshop and GIMP (if you have those) here.

About the cards: they're interesting. The first two are like... Pendulum Geminis? Not exactly, but close enough. That's a cool idea, actually. I should do that. Anyway, the first Pendulum effects of Envoy and Chaos harmonize pretty well, but if I had to change something I would cut a few of their other ones, since they're kind of long and packed with text.

There're also a lot of little grammar errors that I'm not going to go into because that's probably just me being nitpicky.

Starstone surpasses my idea of Trap Card Pendulums because I was struggling with how you would Set a Pendulum Monster in the Pendulum Zone when that was exclusively forbidden... this way, it goes straight to it, face-up, and Pendulum Summons as a Quick effect. In the same way, Necro Magician adds a spin on Pendulum Summons by pulling monsters from the Graveyard.

Overall you're exploring what Pendulums can do a lot more than Konami has, and it's made for some cool mechanics. My biggest complaint is that the monsters all have a lot of superfluous text and effects, so it might be best to merge some of those together, reword them, or just take them out altogether. I'm not well-versed enough in balance to give it a rating there; you'd probably have to take it to Duel Portal or something.

• 2 months later...

There's a downloadable template for Photoshop and GIMP (if you have those) here.

About the cards: they're interesting. The first two are like... Pendulum Geminis? Not exactly, but close enough. That's a cool idea, actually. I should do that. Anyway, the first Pendulum effects of Envoy and Chaos harmonize pretty well, but if I had to change something I would cut a few of their other ones, since they're kind of long and packed with text.

There're also a lot of little grammar errors that I'm not going to go into because that's probably just me being nitpicky.

Starstone surpasses my idea of Trap Card Pendulums because I was struggling with how you would Set a Pendulum Monster in the Pendulum Zone when that was exclusively forbidden... this way, it goes straight to it, face-up, and Pendulum Summons as a Quick effect. In the same way, Necro Magician adds a spin on Pendulum Summons by pulling monsters from the Graveyard.

Overall you're exploring what Pendulums can do a lot more than Konami has, and it's made for some cool mechanics. My biggest complaint is that the monsters all have a lot of superfluous text and effects, so it might be best to merge some of those together, reword them, or just take them out altogether. I'm not well-versed enough in balance to give it a rating there; you'd probably have to take it to Duel Portal or something.

Hello there, sorry for taking so long to respond, I haven't been around for a long time and thank you so much for commenting. I will definately look and try to redesign their text. I would appreciate if anybody could point out mistakes that I made.(Not really strong with english grammar) The main source of idea started from making cards about long forgotten "Phantom Beast" archtype, (not the mecha). I'm also working on gemini pendulums, and a lot of other gemini projects.
From now on there will be a lot of updates. So as usuall feel free to comment and rate :)

Archived