Ghostrick Huli Jing

LittleMoxxie

Just another Ghostrick card. Give me some feedback, CnC or OCG fixes if you want, enjoy. :)

rCBsrqM.jpg

[spoiler='Ghostrick Huli Jing, Effect/Lore:']Cannot be Normal Summoned, unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster. Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When a monster on your opponents side of the field have its battle position changed by the effect of a "Ghostrick" card; you can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-down Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Ghostrick Huli Jing" once per turn. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, increase the ATK of all "Ghostrick" monsters by 200 points.[/spoiler]

It's not a great defensive card, and Ghostricks have a bunch of great defensive cards. It seems too slow to develop your field since you have to flip it up for the tiny ATK boost. Its base stats and Level don't seem useful. Is it supposed to combo with something?

What exactly is the point of summoning it in face-down defense position? Most ghostrick cards either defend each other or have flip effects, or some are able to change the positions of other cards, but this one really just gives a 200 boost that really isn't needed, and it doesn't have a flip effect for if/when it survives the opponents turn.  I just don't really see any use for this card and how it would support ghostricks given the cards they already have.

As a fan of Ghostricks, I am glad you support them, but I don't really see a reason to use this card. While it's fairly easy to actually use, it doesn't really seem worth it when you have so many other cards in your Deck that do it a lot better. Level 2 is also the worst Level in Ghostricks, and I must also say that its effect isn't like the other Level 2s, it's more like a Level 1, so it has very little going for it. If the boost was more than just 200, which really isn't a whole lot, and Ghostricks already have very low ATK, then it might be of more worth, but right now, it's not worthwhile your time in any Ghostrick build.

Archived