Photo

OCG/PSCT Thread: Writing your card properly!

* * * * * 5 votes OCG PSCT Official Card Grammar Problem Solving Card Text

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,038 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

How would "During either player’s turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard:" effects (an example being Metalfoes Counter) be worded with the new PSCT? I was thinking it would be something like this:

"Except the turn this card was sent to the GY (Quick Effect):"

You should be fine with this wording, though will need to check if Konami reprinted anything that does this with new PSCT. Though, assuming that (Quick Effect) replaces that "during either player's turn" string, it probably will go before it. 

Again, need to check.

====

If it's easier, you can continue to use ARC-V grammar. No one here is going to chew you out for it, or rather they should not be, 

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

How would "During either player’s turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard:" effects (an example being Metalfoes Counter) be worded with the new PSCT? I was thinking it would be something like this:

"Except the turn this card was sent to the GY (Quick Effect):"

As far as I am aware, there isn't a card with that kind of text yet, so I can't say. Do what you find appropriate.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

Hey everyone, update after looking at the errata of cards in Legendary Dragon Decks, seems like they want to eliminate the use of "1 or more" in favor of "1+" instead. At first we saw it on Link Monsters, then Synchro Monsters, now Fusion Monsters like Chimeratech Fortress Dragon and cards like Dark Magic Expanded also have changed it to say that instead never mind on that one, I didn't see that it was like that before (I assume Xyz Monsters follow suit, but don't think there is one that has the change yet). Do keep in mind that you wouldn't use this when saying something like "If you control 2 or more monsters", as seen with Cyber Repair Plant not using the plus.

As another note, I think I can definitively confirm how the Spell/Trap Card is suppose to be used, it's when talking about activations. For example, negating an activation, or when a Spell Card is activated, as seen on Spell Counter based cards are cases when you want to add the "Card" as well, but for other uses, such as negating already face-up Spells or targeting them, or adding them to your hand, you do not use it. I believe the reasoning behind this is that there may be confusion if you say "When a Spell/Trap is activated", some may think that means you can still respond to already face-up cards that activate their effects, though that should be worded as "When a Spell/Trap Card or effect is activated".

Edited by Zaziuma, 06 October 2017 - 09:37 AM.

Azuriena

Azuriena

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Dark Magic Expanded also have changed it to say that instead.

It's always used 1+, 2+ and 3+. It's not the only example of it before Series 10 either.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

It's always used 1+, 2+ and 3+. It's not the only example of it before Series 10 either.

Oh, well either way, I expect them to update to that for other similar cards regardless, since that card is rather new as well.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

Updates from Circuit Break:

The term "Link Material" and "Link Rating" has been added to the "Word List, Explanations and Usage List".

A weird thing I noticed, Fuse Line says "While this card is Set: Target 1 card on the field in this card's column; destroy it." which confuses me, since other Traps never say the first line. Maybe has something to do with the column aspect, as Broken Line also says this, but I don't know.

I also noticed that cards that say "its effects are negated" or similar say "it has its effects negated" instead. Why they do this I'm not completely sure about though.

Also, X-Krawler Qualiark is another monster that use the +2 term, and Lyrilusc - Recital Starling is an Xyz Monster that uses the term as well, which I figured was going to happen anyway.

Azuriena

Azuriena

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

A weird thing I noticed, Fuse Line says "While this card is Set: Target 1 card on the field in this card's column; destroy it." which confuses me, since other Traps never say the first line. Maybe has something to do with the column aspect, as Broken Line also says this, but I don't know.

It means it has to be on the field, and not, for instance, in your hand.

I also noticed that cards that say "its effects are negated" or similar say "it has its effects negated" instead. Why they do this I'm not completely sure about though.

This was introduced with Rise of the True Dragons—over a year ago.

It likely exists to help differentiate between effects that negate the activated effect of a monster even if that monster activates that effect by removing itself from the field, from effects that negate a monster's effects while that monster is face-up on the field.

• ' likes this

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

It means it has to be on the field, and not, for instance, in your hand. It also matters for Trap Cards that apply the effects of Trap Cards in the Graveyard.

This was introduced with Rise of the True Dragons—over a year ago.

It likely exists to help differentiate between effects that negate the activated effect of a monster even if that monster activates that effect by removing itself from the field, from effects that negate a monster's effects while that monster is face-up on the field.

Set thing: Hm, I suppose that makes sense, since you could not activate it from your hand since it isn't in a column at that point. Niche, but important I suppose.

Negate thing: Which is why I wish people told me about changes, I didn't pay much attention to the changes for long since they rarely made any, though I now check all new sets due to amount of changes they are introducing lately.

Gh8stree

Gh8stree

Fresh Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

What do we do if we aren't sure if we did the PSCT exactly right, but we are sure that most of it is right.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,038 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

What do we do if we aren't sure if we did the PSCT exactly right, but we are sure that most of it is right.

You should be fine if there are some minor mistakes. If there are any, someone will likely correct it for you. 

But for the most part, most of us tend not to correct it unless the wording is off or it impedes the way card is supposed to work. As long as members understand what you're trying to do, it's fine. (They're prohibited from giving solely OCG fixes without reviewing your stuff properly.)

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

You should always ask if you have a problem, status updates preferably, as I don't want this to be spammed, though if you have a single problem, I would be glad to help you here.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

Very tiny news from Structure Deck: Cyberse Link:

The term "Link-#" has been added to the "Word List, Explanations and Usage List", the number sign being the Link Rating of a Link Monster.

Interestingly, Code Talker is capitalized instead of code Talker, like lswarm is for Evilswarm. May be because of the actual card called Code Talker, maybe it's a change in general though? Not sure yet.

Also, Jester Confit puts the "You can only control 1" clause at the start of the text, which I don't believe other cards normally do, especially not when they have a (from your hand) Special Summoning effect.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,423 posts

Spirit Warriors: So something kind of odd, The Weather Painter Spell/Traps have the (Quick Effect) line before the semi-colon, instead of at the start of the effect. This was only done for colons, if this is a new thing, I'm not sure, could have to do with them being Spells/Traps, could have to do with it being after a bullet hole, so they may not like it looking like that, unsure at this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users