OCG/PSCT Tutorial: Learn How To Write Your Cards Properly!

Atypical-Abbie

Additionally, instead of Tuner monster, they say just say Tuner, like with Cards of Consonance, which White Moray already did.

Not just White Moray. No cards have said "Tuner monster" rather than "Tuner" since TDIL (over one and a half years ago).

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just White Moray. No cards have said "Tuner monster" rather than "Tuner" since TDIL (over one and a half years ago).

Well, at that time, I wasn't actively looking at all new sets, I was slacking off on that to be honest, I look at all the new sets now though. You seem to know a lot, is there anything else I may have missed? I would love to have help, so if you think there is anything worth mentioning, that would be helpful.

• 1 month later...

I need some help making sure the PSCT of 1 of my cards matches its rulings:

If this face-up card leaves the field from the monster zone: you can send all monsters in the extra monster zone to the GY (if any). Then, if you activated this effect special summon 1 rank 8 or lower Xyz monster from your extra deck with the same type and attribute as a monster in your GY  (this is an xyz summon). and attach the top 2 cards of your GY to it as xyz materials (if possible).

This is not the only effect my card has so I shortened some parts of common OCG eg (this special summon is treated as an xyz summon) -> (this is an xyz summon)

OCG reference for "Then, if you activated this effect":

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Goblindbergh

My primary concern is making sure that people know when they can use the above effect

The effect has the following relevant rulings:

1. You must have an Xyz monster that can be summoned this way when you resolve the effect in order to activate it. Meaning you cannot activate the effect if you have nothing you can summon with it.

2. You don't need a zone pointed to by a link monster or an EMZ available for an extra deck summon to activate the effect.

3. You do not need to send any monsters from the EMZ to the GY to resolve the rest of the effect. Also, there don't even need to be monsters in the EMZ to activate or resolve it. EG, if monster(s) in the EMZ are unaffected by card effects you can still activate the effect.

4. When the effect resolves, you send the monsters in the EMZ to the GY, then if you can summon an XYZ you must do so. If not then the effect finishes resolving. Meaning you cannot apply only sending or only summoning.

5. You attach the top 2 cards of your GY as materials, or 1 if there's only 1, or none if you can't for some reason.

Goblindbergh's current text says: "When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, also, after that change this card to Defense Position." In the latest erratum. You can see your variant in the second TCG erratum here.

What we need for your rulings:

1. As long as the card effect doesn't say if able, you have to perform all parts of an effect in order to activate it.

2. Since you're attempting to destroy the monsters in the EMZ, the effect will still try to go off IF activating the effect would free up an Extra Monster Zone at activation. If you both control monsters in the EMZ that are unaffected by cards or effects and there are no Linked Zones, you can't activate it.

3. Remember to include "as many monsters...as possible" so that the sending can resolve properly even if no monsters are sent.

4. If there are no targets by the time the effect resolves to Summon from the Extra Deck, you will be only sending, not Summoning. If you want the sending part to not apply, you need "and" instead of the aforementioned "also".

5. "and if you do" works best for the attaching, as you can't attach if you haven't Summoned your Xyz Monster. Your "if possible" does not allow for 1 attaching; what you need is "and if you do, attach as many cards from the top of your Deck to that monster as Xyz Material (max. 2)."

Also, the "(This Special Summon..." goes after the end of the sentence. You cannot start a sentence in YGO with "and", however. Here are 2 options, the former if you like full stops for some reason, the latter if you want more accurate OCG:

"...in your GY. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) If you do..."

"...in your GY, and if you do... as Xyz Material (max. 2). (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)"

If this face-up card leaves the field from the monster zone: you can send all monsters in the extra monster zone to the GY (if any). Then, if you activated this effect special summon 1 rank 8 or lower Xyz monster from your extra deck with the same type and attribute as a monster in your GY  (this is an xyz summon). and attach the top 2 cards of your GY to it as xyz materials (if possible).

This is not the only effect my card has so I shortened some parts of common OCG eg (this special summon is treated as an xyz summon) -> (this is an xyz summon)

My primary concern is making sure that people know when they can use the above effect

1. You must have an Xyz monster that can be summoned this way when you resolve the effect in order to activate it. Meaning you cannot activate the effect if you have nothing you can summon with it.

2. You don't need a zone pointed to by a link monster or an EMZ available for an extra deck summon to activate the effect.

3. You do not need to send any monsters from the EMZ to the GY to resolve the rest of the effect. Also, there don't even need to be monsters in the EMZ to activate or resolve it. EG, if monster(s) in the EMZ are unaffected by card effects you can still activate the effect.

4. When the effect resolves, you send the monsters in the EMZ to the GY, then if you can summon an XYZ you must do so. If not then the effect finishes resolving. Meaning you cannot apply only sending or only summoning.

5. You attach the top 2 cards of your GY as materials, or 1 if there's only 1, or none if you can't for some reason.

Dova has done well here, just giving my thoughts. Firstly, as he said, you are using the older version of Goblindbergh, always check the newest. As for how you want the card to work, if I understand it correctly, you don't care if there is a monster in the Extra Monster Zone to begin with, and if you are unable to remove that monster, you still want this to be able to activate. Well, unless you have zones Link Monsters point to, this isn't possible, as Special Summoning from the Extra Deck needs an Extra Monster Zone or Link Monsters, currently no cards are able to ignore this, and if you are intending to get into theoretical territory, I can only guess how it'll work, so I made a card that works with how the game currently allows it:

If this card in the Monster Zone leaves the field: You can activate this effect; send as many monsters in the Extra Monster Zones to the GY as possible, also, after that, Special Summon 1 Rank 8 or lower Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck with the same Type and Attribute as a monster in your GY, and if you do, attach as many cards as possible from your GY to it as Xyz Material (max. 2). (This is treated as an Xyz Summon.)

EDIT: After seeing what Azuriena said, I have edited my response. I will admit that my response was not completely confident, as I tend to not play around with stuff like this. Also, for some reason I thought type was not uppercase, maybe they changed it without me noticing or it has always been like that and I'm stupid, but also fixed that.

Okay, but if there are monsters in the Extra Monster Zones, do you have to send them to the Graveyard? Or can you choose not to and just continue with the effect?

I assume it is mandatory since "you cannot apply only sending or only summoning." Just making sure.

Then I'll give you a proper solution.

Edit: I lied, here's a draft.

If this face-up card in the Monster Zone leaves the field: You can activate this effect; if any monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones, send them to the GY, also, after that, Special Summon 1 Rank 8 or lower Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck with the same Type and Attribute as a monster in your GY, and if you do, attach as many cards as possible from the top of your GY to it as materials (max. 2). (This is treated as an Xyz Summon.)

Goblindbergh's current text says: "When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand, also, after that change this card to Defense Position." In the latest erratum. You can see your variant in the second TCG erratum here.

What we need for your rulings:

1. As long as the card effect doesn't say if able, you have to perform all parts of an effect in order to activate it.

2. Since you're attempting to destroy the monsters in the EMZ, the effect will still try to go off IF activating the effect would free up an Extra Monster Zone at activation. If you both control monsters in the EMZ that are unaffected by cards or effects and there are no Linked Zones, you can't activate it.

3. Remember to include "as many monsters...as possible" so that the sending can resolve properly even if no monsters are sent.

4. If there are no targets by the time the effect resolves to Summon from the Extra Deck, you will be only sending, not Summoning. If you want the sending part to not apply, you need "and" instead of the aforementioned "also".

5. "and if you do" works best for the attaching, as you can't attach if you haven't Summoned your Xyz Monster. Your "if possible" does not allow for 1 attaching; what you need is "and if you do, attach as many cards from the top of your Deck to that monster as Xyz Material (max. 2)."

Also, the "(This Special Summon..." goes after the end of the sentence. You cannot start a sentence in YGO with "and", however. Here are 2 options, the former if you like full stops for some reason, the latter if you want more accurate OCG:

"...in your GY. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) If you do..."

"...in your GY, and if you do... as Xyz Material (max. 2). (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)"

1. This is too much of a blanket statement to be correct.

2. This is not how "unaffected by" effects work. It will be able to be activated, but it will resolve improperly.

3. Except, as said, nothing is dependent on the sending. (Except that which logic necessitates.) Not necessary. Also, you don't fulfill "as many as possible" if you don't send anything.

4. They did say "then if you can summon an XYZ, you must do so." It is likely that they simply mean each of those parts aren't optional.

See Converging Wishes. Also, it's "(This is treated as an Xyz Summon.)" in modern text.

As for how you want the card to work, if I understand it correctly, you don't care if there is a monster in the Extra Monster Zone to begin with, and if you are unable to remove that monster, you still want this to be able to activate. Well, unless you have zones Link Monsters point to, this isn't possible, as Special Summoning from the Extra Deck needs an Extra Monster Zone or Link Monsters, currently no cards are able to ignore this

That's not what they're saying.

What 2. means is that even if there are no available zones at the time of activation, the effect can still be activated. This is fine because the effect has the ability to make zones available before Special Summoning from the Extra Deck.

If you can't Special Summon without sending with the effect, then logic dictates that you must send. (It is likely mandatory to send if able anyway.) What's simply being said here is that this has no impact on activation legality.

"Want this to be able to activate" is not the same thing as "want this to be able to resolve fully in spite of the fact that no zones are available."

Okay, but if there are monsters in the Extra Monster Zones, do you have to send them to the Graveyard? Or can you choose not to and just continue with the effect?

I assume it is mandatory since "you cannot apply only sending or only summoning." Just making sure.

Then I'll give you a proper solution.

Edit: I lied, here's a draft.

If this face-up card in the Monster Zone leaves the field: You can activate this effect; if any monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones, send them to the GY, also, after that, Special Summon 1 Rank 8 or lower Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck with the same Type and Attribute as a monster in your GY, and if you do, attach as many cards as possible from the top of your GY to it as materials (max. 2). (This is treated as an Xyz Summon.)

1. This is too much of a blanket statement to be correct.

2. This is not how "unaffected by" effects work. It will be able to be activated, but it will resolve improperly.

3. Except, as said, nothing is dependent on the sending. (Except that which logic necessitates.) Not necessary. Also, you don't fulfill "as many as possible" if you don't send anything.

4. They did say "then if you can summon an XYZ, you must do so." It is likely that they simply mean each of those parts aren't optional.

See Converging Wishes. Also, it's "(This is treated as an Xyz Summon.)" in modern text.

That's not what they're saying.

What 2. means is that even if there are no available zones at the time of activation, the effect can still be activated. This is fine because the effect has the ability to make zones available before Special Summoning from the Extra Deck.

If you can't Special Summon without sending with the effect, then logic dictates that you must send. (It is likely mandatory to send if able anyway.) What's simply being said here is that this has no impact on activation legality.

"Want this to be able to activate" is not the same thing as "want this to be able to resolve fully in spite of the fact that no zones are available."

Yeah, that makes sense when I think about it, cards do allow you to remove cards to make room for other cards, so this would make more sense. I changed my answer slightly to reflect this, and fixed some other mistakes.

If this face-up card leaves the field from your Monster Zone: You can activate this effect; send as many monsters in the Extra Monster Zones to the GY as possible, also, after that, Special Summon 1 Rank 8 or lower Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck with the same Type and Attribute as a monster in your GY, and if you do, attach as many cards as possible from the top of your Deck to it as Xyz Material (max. 2). (This is treated as an Xyz Summon.)

"If this face-up card leaves the field from your Monster Zone" -> "If this face-up card in the Monster Zone leaves the field"

It's also worth noting that the original rendition does not require you to control the card when it leaves the field for the effect to trigger, whereas yours does.

"send as many monsters in the Extra Monster Zones to the GY as possible, also, after that,"

1. This does not allow you to activate the effect if no monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones.

2. There is no point using "as many as possible" over what would be "all" if it's not being followed by "and if you do" or "then". "Also, after that" makes it so the rest of the effect is independent of you sending any monsters to the Graveyard anyway, so you do not need to make the clarification that you proceed beyond "also, after that" even if you don't successfully send all monsters presently in the Extra Monster Zones to the Graveyard (but rather, at least 1)—that is already the case.

3. "You can activate this effect;" is redundant in your rendition. (If you take from mine, it would be probably be more productive to find out why certain choices were taken. You take and add "You can activate this effect;" when it is redundant for you, yet you choose not to take and add other structures I used that cause your rendition to miss certain required functionalities.)

"attach as many cards as possible from the top of your Deck to it as Xyz Material (max. 2)"

For the record, the effect attaches from the Graveyard, not the Deck.

You do not specify "Xyz Material" in modern text when it can't be anything else. It should simply be "materials" (plural).

"If this face-up card leaves the field from your Monster Zone" -> "If this face-up card in the Monster Zone leaves the field"

It's also worth noting that the original rendition does not require you to control the card when it leaves the field for the effect to trigger, whereas yours does.

"send as many monsters in the Extra Monster Zones to the GY as possible, also, after that,"

1. This does not allow you to activate the effect if no monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones.

2. There is no point using "as many as possible" over what would be "all" if it's not being followed by "and if you do" or "then". "Also, after that" makes it so the rest of the effect is independent of you sending any monsters to the Graveyard anyway, so you do not need to make the clarification that you proceed beyond "also, after that" even if you don't successfully send all monsters presently in the Extra Monster Zones to the Graveyard (but rather, at least 1)—that is already the case.

3. "You can activate this effect;" is redundant in your rendition. (If you take from mine, it would be probably be more productive to find out why certain choices were taken. You take and add "You can activate this effect;" when it is redundant for you, yet you choose not to take and add other structures I used that cause your rendition to miss certain required functionalities.)

"attach as many cards as possible from the top of your Deck to it as Xyz Material (max. 2)"

For the record, the effect attaches from the Graveyard, not the Deck.

You do not specify "Xyz Material" in modern text when it can't be anything else. It should simply be "materials" (plural).

True, doesn't say which side.

I don't see how "you can activate this effect is redundant here. Wasn't the idea that you can activate it regardless of there being monsters in the EMZ? In that case, removing it would mean you had to, so I don't understand that. In fact, it seems redundant the way you wrote it, why bother specifying if there is any, when your effect can and can't be used regardless of there being any? I cut that out and put in the "you can activate this effect" and the "as many as possible" to make it clear you could still do it regardless,

As for the Xyz Material, some cards still use them after they changed it to just material, such as Bujintei Tsukuyomi, I am not entirely confident as to why, I used it as such here because it isn't simply detaching a material, but I don't really know how it's suppose to work, and as for the Deck instead of GY, I don't know why I thought it was Deck.

I don't see how "you can activate this effect is redundant here. Wasn't the idea that you can activate it regardless of there being monsters in the EMZ? In that case, removing it would mean you had to, so I don't understand that.

You are attributing functionality to the text "You can activate this effect;" that it doesn't have. Its presence or absence does not impact activation legality in any way.

It merely exists to aid sentence flow for an optional effect and doesn't meaningfully change the functionality of that optional effect.

In fact, it seems redundant the way you wrote it, why bother specifying if there is any, when your effect can and can't be used regardless of there being any? I cut that out and put in the "you can activate this effect" and the "as many as possible" to make it clear you could still do it regardless,

1. "You can activate this effect;" does not serve that function.

2. "As many as possible" does not serve that function.

It feels like you're taking guesses at what these PSCT structures mean and slapping them onto the card's text hoping that they do something relevant. They don't.

Look at a card like The Despair Uranus: "When this card is Tribute Summoned while you control no Spell/Trap Cards: You can activate this effect; your opponent declares either Continuous Spell or Continuous Trap, then you Set 1 card of that type directly from your Deck."

Usually, to denote an optional activated effect, you put "You can" after the colon (if any), and you put the effect resolution text after that. This isn't possible for effects like the above, so you use "You can activate this effect;" instead. It has nothing to do with activation legality.

You use "as many as possible" in place of "all" when the action is followed by "and if you do" or "then" to clarify that you don't actually have to perform the effect properly on "all" to proceed beyond the conjunctive. How it actually works is that you attempt to perform the effect on "all", but you get to proceed beyond the conjunctive as long as you successfully perform it on at least 1. This structure has nothing to do with activation legality, and it doesn't include 0 as a proper resolution.

(There are other ways "as many as possible" is used, like in Hysteric Party, but they aren't relevant here.)

"You can activate this effect; if any monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones, send them to the GY."

What this means is you only send monsters from the Extra Monster Zones to the Graveyard if there are any there. That means that while it is mandatory to send the monsters if there are any, you aren't required to send them if there aren't any there. Therefore, activating the effect while there are no monsters in the Extra Monster Zones is legal because the effect says you don't have to perform that otherwise mandatory action if there are no monsters in the Extra Monster Zones. Your rendition does not do this: It requires you to send at least 1 monster from the Extra Monster Zone to the Graveyard regardless of the boardstate, so you can't activate it if no monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones.

As for the Xyz Material, some cards still use them after they changed it to just material, such as Bujintei Tsukuyomi, I am not entirely confident as to why, I used it as such here because it isn't simply detaching a material, but I don't really know how it's suppose to work, and as for the Deck instead of GY, I don't know why I thought it was Deck.

Because it is a reprint, and reprints do not necessarily update all aspects of the card's text to modern standards.

You can see this in cards like Utopic Zexal, Absolute Zero, and Tuningware (reprinted in the same product Jet Synchron was first printed).

You are attributing functionality to the text "You can activate this effect;" that it doesn't have. Its presence or absence does not impact activation legality in any way.

It merely exists to aid sentence flow for an optional effect and doesn't meaningfully change the functionality of that optional effect.

1. "You can activate this effect;" does not serve that function.

2. "As many as possible" does not serve that function.

It feels like you're taking guesses at what these PSCT structures mean and slapping them onto the card's text hoping that they do something relevant. They don't.

Look at a card like The Despair Uranus: "When this card is Tribute Summoned while you control no Spell/Trap Cards: You can activate this effect; your opponent declares either Continuous Spell or Continuous Trap, then you Set 1 card of that type directly from your Deck."

Usually, to denote an optional activated effect, you put "You can" after the colon (if any), and you put the effect resolution text after that. This isn't possible for effects like the above, so you use "You can activate this effect;" instead. It has nothing to do with activation legality.

You use "as many as possible" in place of "all" when the action is followed by "and if you do" or "then" to clarify that you don't actually have to perform the effect properly on "all" to proceed beyond the conjunctive. How it actually works is that you attempt to perform the effect on "all", but you get to proceed beyond the conjunctive as long as you successfully perform it on at least 1. This structure has nothing to do with activation legality, and it doesn't include 0 as a proper resolution.

(There are other ways "as many as possible" is used, like in Hysteric Party, but they aren't relevant here.)

"You can activate this effect; if any monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones, send them to the GY."

What this means is you only send monsters from the Extra Monster Zones to the Graveyard if there are any there. That means that while it is mandatory to send the monsters if there are any, you aren't required to send them if there aren't any there. Therefore, activating the effect while there are no monsters in the Extra Monster Zones is legal because the effect says you don't have to perform that otherwise mandatory action if there are no monsters in the Extra Monster Zones. Your rendition does not do this: It requires you to send at least 1 monster from the Extra Monster Zone to the Graveyard regardless of the boardstate, so you can't activate it if no monsters are in the Extra Monster Zones.

Because it is a reprint, and reprints do not necessarily update all aspects of the card's text to modern standards.

You can see this in cards like Utopic Zexal, Absolute Zero, and Tuningware (reprinted in the same product Jet Synchron was first printed)

I see, thanks for the explanation, I don't think it was necessary to assume that I take guesses, because I don't like to do so, if I take a guess in this thread, I will make that very clear by saying that this is my own thoughts, until I figure out why it's like that, or somebody tells me, like you have.

I don't fully understand how a reprint makes a difference, but if you want a card that isn't a reprint, then look at Raidraptor - Final Fortress Falcon. If you're going to say that it's the same for non-reprints, then what are even to look at for proper PSCT? I mean, Spell/Trap Card is still used, it has a reason for being used, I just can't figure it out for Xyz Material, it seems so arbitrary.

Simpler OCG question this time:

"When a card or effect that targets a card(s) on the field is activated (quick effect): You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it."

Is this right?

I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but I am pretty sure that you put activated after "card or effect" instead of at the end. Also, Quick Effect is capitalized. Otherwise, seems fine to me.

"When a card or effect is activated that targets a card(s) on the field (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it."

Guest Lightning777

I have trouble wording this PSCT for Expansion 1 of my archetype PC-Knight.

Once per turn: You can equip this card to 1 other "PC-Knight" monster you control.  While this card is equipped to a "PC-Knight" monster, it gains ATK/DEF equal to this card's ATK.  If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can return this card to your Hand instead.

How would I reword this if the other PC-Knight monster can only be equipped to this card and no other cards?

Once per turn: You can equip this card to 1 other "PC-Knight" monster you control with no cards equipped to it.  While this card is equipped to a "PC-Knight" monster, it gains ATK/DEF equal to this card's ATK, also you cannot equip cards to that monster. If the equipped monster is destroyed by battle or card effect, you can return this card to your hand instead.

As an aside, the protection on the last effect doesn't use a colon; it doesn't activate, it merely applies ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Flame of Destruction PSCT report thing. I still don't have a proper name for what I want to call these, it will most likely change every time. Anyway, here's what I found:

Elementsaber Aina says "(that has been properly Summoned)" in its card text, fixing the problem of Special Summon only monsters like Elemental Lords which are normally not able to be Special Summoned from the GY, regardless of ignoring Special Summoning conditions now being able to with such a wording.

Yajiro Invader, that one card that had a really weird effect, it's worth mentioning here in case you for some reason want to do something like this: "If this card is Normal or Special Summoned to a zone that is not the center Main Monster Zone, destroy this card. Once per turn: You can move this card to an adjacent unused Main Monster Zone. Each time exactly 1 monster is Normal or Special Summoned, to your opponent's field: Move this card to the adjacent Main Monster Zone closer to that opponent's monster, then destroy all other cards in this card's column."

Red Hared Hasty Horse was worth mentioning, because it says "If another card is placed in this card's column: Destroy this card", which is interesting since it also would trigger if placing with Destiny Board or Pendulum Monsters being placed with Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon.

Boycotton, I am not sure if a card is worded in a similar way, but I found it mildly interesting that the way it words not being destroyed by battle in this way, perhaps it's not something you can really use too well, but here it is anyway: "If this card battles, is not destroyed, and you took damage from that battle: Return this card to the hand."

Gergonne's End says "inflict damage to your opponent equal to the equipped monster's ATK before they were destroyed". I think this is interesting, in case you don't know, Tindangle Acute Cerberus gains ATK based on the monsters it points to, and as this card destroys monsters the the equipped monster points to, it would reduce that ATK, so this counts the ATK it had before that would happen, similar to how some cards count the ATK a monster had on the field before it was destroyed and sent to the GY.

• 3 weeks later...

Dark Saviors PSCT report:

So, as many of you may already have seen, Fur Hire has a little fun with the way Archetypes are named in texts. Normally, you say "Add 1 "Fur Hire" monster from your Deck to your hand", but instead they say "Add 1 monster "Fur Hire" from your Deck to your hand". Now, don't worry, this seems only to be for them, as Vampire and Sky Striker do not do this. I would suggest not doing this, but there isn't anything stopping you from making doing this for fun, just note that people may be confused and it doesn't really work for most Archetypes.

Vampire Grimson says something interesting, it has protection effect that works for all your monsters, but it has a new condition stating that you must be able to protect all your monsters, it goes as follows after the effect "(you must protect all your monsters that would be destroyed, if you use this effect)."

Why could Konami be trying to do with that new condition on Vampire Grimson? Perhaps to prevent you from picking and choosing what to save, thereby limiting when you'd use the protection effect? And weird, the Yugioh Wiki doesn't show that. Source, please?

[spoiler=Picture]

9bKXN7N.jpg

(Konami EU Facebook page; you can also see the album and well, Konami confirming that the inverted text order as already mentioned for Fur Hire.)

Wikia is usually slow to update things nowadays, just so you're aware. (Probably on them waiting for non-proxies)

As for the new wording, it's probably the case here to clarify things (either protect all of them from a sweep removal card or none at all). That being said, this would probably also apply to stuff like Toon Kingdom as its protection effect is the same (barring banishing cards face-down instead of LP payment). 

• 4 weeks later...

I just reread this again because it was updated a lot since last time, and I have a couple questions: I am trying to make a card like Twin Twisters for example, and since TT is still pretty much Series 9, how do we word that kind of effect now? Since, we don't say Spell/Trap "Cards" and it doesn't effect all S/Ts like Trunade does so we can't say Spells and Traps, so how do we word it properly? Do we say: Spell/Trap(s), Spells/Traps or what exactly?

I just reread this again because it was updated a lot since last time, and I have a couple questions: I am trying to make a card like Twin Twisters for example, and since TT is still pretty much Series 9, how do we word that kind of effect now? Since, we don't say Spell/Trap "Cards" and it doesn't effect all S/Ts like Trunade does so we can't say Spells and Traps, so how do we word it properly? Do we say: Spell/Trap(s), Spells/Traps or what exactly?

Rewritten in Series 10 PSCT, would look like "Discard 1 card, then target up to 2 Spell/Trap(s) on the field; destroy them." 

May need to double check everything, but if you mix series 9 and 10 grammar up, it's not a big deal. 

Rewritten in Series 10 PSCT, would look like "Discard 1 card, then target up to 2 Spell/Trap(s) on the field; destroy them." 

May need to double check everything, but if you mix series 9 and 10 grammar up, it's not a big deal. 

You don't need to put that "s" in parentheses. The reason why that is done is when saying "destroy that card(s)" for example since there may or may not be two, but here you are picking, so that isn't necessary. As for everything else, it's fine.

Archived