Photo

OCG/PSCT Thread: Writing your card properly!

* * * * * 5 votes OCG PSCT Official Card Grammar Problem Solving Card Text

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Guest_777c_*

Guest_777c_*
  • Guests

What do you mean by drawing it? Like you draw a card from your Deck? You mean to add it back into your hand? Or do you mean to Set it on the field from the Graveyard?

I mean to Set it on the field from the GY.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

I mean to Set it on the field from the GY.

Ok, you mentioned that it was activated too, normally you can always do this with Spell Cards, except Quick-Play Spell Cards, so that isn't needed, unless you designed it to be used with Quick-Play Spell Cards. Regardless, here's the version that just sets it to begin with:

"Set 1 Spell from your GY to your field."

or if you want it to target:

"Target 1 Spell in your GY; Set it to your field."

Guest_777c_*

Guest_777c_*
  • Guests

If I want to activate it on the field, I would say this:

• Target 1 Spell in your GY; Set it to the field, then flip it face-up?

Correct?

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

If I want to activate it on the field, I would say this:

• Target 1 Spell in your GY; Set it to the field, then flip it face-up?

Correct?

No, if you just want to activate it, you say "Target 1 Spell in your GY; activate it from your GY."

Guest_777c_*

Guest_777c_*
  • Guests

No, if you just want to activate it, you say "Target 1 Spell in your GY; activate it from your GY."

What would I say if the Spell were banished instead?

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

What would I say if the Spell were banished instead?

Probably something like: "Target 1 of your banished Spells; activate it."

Eshai

Eshai

I'm the Guy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Thanks! This helps a lot. I knew a couple things like the "When_, you can_" and a couple other this like semi colon usage, but much else. 

Archetypes I'm proud of (newest to oldest)

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

More updates to the "36: A lot of important new term changes and additions", see them after the blue text in the section and minor updates to the wording to reflect the changes have been added throughout the whole thread.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

New section added called "37: Link Monsters, Extra Monster Zone and more important changes", the terms "co-linked", "Extra Monster Zone", "linked", "Link Monster", "Link Summon" "Main Monster Zone", "point" and "zone" have been added to the "Word List, Explanations and Usage List" and minor updates to the wording to reflect the changes have been added throughout the whole thread.

Guest_777c_*

Guest_777c_*
  • Guests

I have trouble writing my first quick effect:

• (Quick Effect): When this monster battles a monster whose ATK is higher than this card's ATK: Triple its ATK and DEF until the end of this turn.

What is wrong with this wording in terms of OCG?

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

You put the (Quick Effect) part before the colon, now you have two colons in one effect, that is not something that happens. You also normally refer to the card itself instead of to "this monster".

"When this card battles a monster whose ATK is higher than this card's ATK (Quick Effect): Triple its ATK and DEF until the end of this turn."

J-Max

J-Max

Madolche Enthusiast

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,169 posts

I just wanted to thank you for writing this very comprehensive guide. Once I get back into card making again, I will be sure to use this guide as a reference.

rsz_puyeivf.jpg

My Guides

Crystal Beasts Madolche

To those who doubt the OTK capability of the Madolche Archetype.....

Guest_777c_*

Guest_777c_*
  • Guests

I have trouble writing this effect. 

• Cannot be destroyed by battle if this card has an Equip Spell.

Is this the correct way to write?

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

I have trouble writing this effect. 

• Cannot be destroyed by battle if this card has an Equip Spell.

Is this the correct way to write?

Not quite, "has" is not the correct word to use for equipping, you say a card is equipped to another card, so the wording you want is this:

"While this card is equipped with an Equip Spell, it cannot be destroyed by battle."

Guest_777c_*

Guest_777c_*
  • Guests

Thanks - I have trouble with another wording

• Gains 200 ATK and DEF for each monster on your side of the field, including this card.

Is this the way to write this effect- I would like this card to boost its ATK by itself.

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Thanks - I have trouble with another wording

• Gains 200 ATK and DEF for each monster on your side of the field, including this card.

Is this the way to write this effect- I would like this card to boost its ATK by itself.

No need for the last part, and typically you say "you control" instead of "your side of the field".

"Gains 200 ATK and DEF for each monster you control."

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Just wanted to post this here, some minor changes happened to older cards that used Monster Zone and adjacent, now they say Main Monster Zone where relevant and adjacent (horizontal) to indicate that it cannot be the Extra Monster Zone. These cards are not known to be released yet, and they didn't even update them to proper PSCT, just those changes, but as it is on the official card database, they are probably going to appear later on.

https://ygorganizati...dates-link-era/

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

Ti'zo the Drive-Imp

• Exiled
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

So this is an odd bit of news, Extra Link is used on two Match Winners, Sanctity of Dragon and Iron Knight of Revolution, and a card seems to be able to be considered Extra Linked as well. Strange, but there you go.

"If this Extra Linked card attacks your opponent directly and reduces their LP to 0, you win the Match."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users