Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OCG/PSCT Tutorial: Learn How To Write Your Cards Properly!

* * * * * 7 votes OCG PSCT Official Card Grammar Problem Solving Card Text Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

The Eternal Ordeal

• Topic Starter
  • Survivor
  • 9,119 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 06:34 PM
  • Discord:Zaziuma#4720

Soul Fusion PSCT update, I can tell that these are getting slightly more redundant now after Link Monsters have been a thing for quite a bit, though I feel like I should still do them, it's good habit since you never know when something important will come up.

Cyberse Clock Dragon, they are doing a thing they did previously for Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal, and maybe others, but that's the only one I remember right now, which is that instead of making a new line break after the material requirements, they add a slash like so:

"Clock Wyvern" + 1+ Link Monsters / When this card..." I previously thought this was because it had an alternate Summoning method, though as that never became a thing later, it was most like because of space, which I assume is the same case here, since Clock Dragon here is quite a long text, but regardless if you want to do that, you can I suppose.

Orcustrated Babel, something interesting here, because of the way this card is worded, it has to say oddly, since it wishes to ignore changing the names of the Link Monsters, so it says "You can activate the effect of "Orcust" monsters in your GY, or of Link Monsters you control with "Orcust" in their original names, as Quick Effect."

D/D/D Flame High King Genghis, like with Quick Effects that that say "Once per opponent's turn", this card says "Once per your turn", quite an uncommon thing to have a Quick Effect that only works in your turn like this, but there you have it.

Azuriena

Azuriena

Hayees, T.

• Advanced Members
  • 784 posts
    Last Visit

Orcustrated Babel, something interesting here, because of the way this card is worded, it has to say oddly, since it wishes to ignore changing the names of the Link Monsters, so it says "You can activate the effect of "Orcust" monsters in your GY, or of Link Monsters you control with "Orcust" in their original names, as Quick Effect."

Essentially Independent Nightingale combined with Astro/Chronograph's structure

D/D/D Flame High King Genghis, like with Quick Effects that that say "Once per opponent's turn", this card says "Once per your turn", quite an uncommon thing to have a Quick Effect that only works in your turn like this, but there you have it.

This is because in Japanese, Quick Effects are generally denoted by "This effect can also be activated during an opponent's turn." So for a Quick Effect to be activatable during only your turn, it would only make sense if it had a way to denote that it was a Quick Effect without mentioning the opponent's turn—responding to activations

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

The Eternal Ordeal

• Topic Starter
  • Survivor
  • 9,119 posts

PSCT update from Structure Deck: Zombie Horde. Also, updated the original post a bit, so check out the update notes.

Doomking Balerdroch has an interesting little thing to it, that being that it has a "Once per Chain" effect which includes a condition that allows only one of the effects you get to activate to be applied that turn. Quite strange, but I'm sure someone out there will find a good use for this.

"Once per Chain, when a Zombie monster, except “Doomking Balerdroch”, activates its effect (except during the Damage Step) (Quick Effect): You can apply 1 of these effects (but you cannot apply that same effect of “Doomking Balerdroch” again this turn).● Negate that effect.● Banish 1 monster from the field or GY."

Glow-Up Bloom, a small thing, but a good thing, it says "in either case" to clarify that regardless of what you chose to do, you still can't Special Summon non-Zombies. You would probably just stick it at the start of the effect before all the other stuff, but it makes sense to have it last, since that's where other conditions tend to be.

"If this card is in your GY: You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 Level 5 or higher Zombie monster from your Deck to your hand, or, if "Zombie World" is in a Field Zone, you can Special Summon it from your Deck instead, also, in either case, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Zombie monsters."

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 8,015 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:33 AM
  • Spouse:XOXO

Just want to note that section #22 doesn't have a proper comparison:

You compare an effect that has a "to target" as part of the cost vs. an effect that has a "then" as part of the effect. While it's true that "to" has been dropped by modern PSCT, IMO it's more appropriate to compare an outdated "to target" as cost vs. a modern "then target" as cost (e.g. Tornado Dragon).

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Azuriena

Azuriena

Hayees, T.

• Advanced Members
  • 784 posts
    Last Visit

You compare an effect that has a "to target" as part of the cost vs. an effect that has a "then" as part of the effect. While it's true that "to" has been dropped by modern PSCT, IMO it's more appropriate to compare an outdated "to target" as cost vs. a modern "then target" as cost (e.g. Tornado Dragon).

That section is pretty terrible, and depending on what it's trying to say, downright wrong

Not even going to touch on it until it's clarified, but either way that section is overcomplicated and deals with conjecture and hypotheticals that it has no reason to deal with in the first place. Depending on the intent of the second example, it's downright misinformation

Use "then target" rather than "to target". That's all there is to it

Targeting is not a cost

Zaziuma

Zaziuma

The Eternal Ordeal

• Topic Starter
  • Survivor
  • 9,119 posts

That section is pretty terrible, and depending on what it's trying to say, downright wrong

Not even going to touch on it until it's clarified, but either way that section is overcomplicated and deals with conjecture and hypotheticals that it has no reason to deal with in the first place. Depending on the intent of the second example, it's downright misinformation

Use "then target" rather than "to target". That's all there is to it

Targeting is not a cost

Yes, I see now that it makes no sense now, the example I gave you could activate the effect anyway, "then" in costs don't impact that at all, I have removed that part of the section completely.

Also, gonna view the new cards in Hidden Summoners later for my PSCT update thingy, just haven't gotten around to that one yet.

EDIT: Nothing worth noting in the Hidden Summoners, but Mayakashi Synchros all have the Cyberse Clock Dragon, so there you have it, it's now a common thing I guess.

Edited by Zaziuma, 17 November 2018 - 11:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users