S.O.U.L. Everlasting [PG-16 / Arc I Started / Not Accepting at This Time]

Dad

Maxwell was definitely happy to survive the encounter with the plane. The fact that curator had/has so much raw power backing him was a little irksome, but Maxwell soon realized that there were probably limitations on what the Curator could do. As the group proceeded further and met with the "man-in-white" Maxwell was really on edge. Here they were about to be served up on a silver platter to Dream to participate in the first of what could be many games. "Well if this is how we stop the ultimate evil then this is how we stop the ultimate evil. He pondered in his own head. Though to be honest it was kind of cool hearing about this Concussion Crater. He looked down at this special piece of parchment and realized that it was basically all about bugs. So basically they are in a video game fighting bug monsters. He nodded as he was clearly thinking. It could be worse not knowing that the situation would probably get worse.

"So we're dealing with some overgrown bugs. We got a literal firefly, who's motto is do or die. We got an overgrown beetle, who apparently resembles Metal-Armored Bug, a centipede with a roid-rage problem, and a Wasp that can power my microwave at home. This is gonna be like Vegas...but with bugs." He said so sarcastically. He pointed to the cameras. Wondering how the hell they were doing that. "That's gonna be annoying. I hope they get my good side..." This REALLY IS just a game. The damn bastard wants to stream the end of the world like it's a normal evening. Too bad this show's not finished till' the last card is played. Archibald kept staring at the paper. He may have joked about it, but they could possibly die. It was specifically that Kamikaze Firefly. He doesn't know if any of his cards can save him. He's only got one Ace up his sleeve...his entire arsenal was based off of luck. Doing the math was hurting his head, and thus continued towards the man in white.

Rosso found himself with the rest of the group in the presence of Dream's "son", after an explanation of the current situation and an analysis of his surroundings Rosso turned to the small cameras showing the Seraphs being attacked by aircrafts. This looks interesting, Rosso thought to himself as he folded his arms then carefully observed while scratching his chin. Cards, divine shield, drawings, and many more interesting abilities were being used. This was a great advantage for the Titans to learn of their opponent's an gain an upper hand.  After the incident of the attack on the Seraphs, Rosso looked around puzzled. 

"So how do we proceed?"

Secil finally stopped to look at the few Titans who had gathered.  Two boys, a young girl, and a psycho.  Someone seemed to be missing, but that was their own problem.  "So how do we proceed?"  This irritated him.

"How do you proceed?"  Secil turned and pointed below, where, 3 kilometers away, the Seraphs had begun their march on Secil's tower.  "Your enemy is about to storm the place, you dolt!  If they make it within a kilometer, I'll kill you!"  Secil turned away, and stormed down to a floor below.  

Dream spoke over speaker, guiding the Titans.  "Please don't mind him," he called.  "But do give your audience a show.  The magical page in that tower is not to be obtained by the Seraphs.  You see, while you were transported to the Concussion Crater, I was busy using that Page to unravel this world's history.  And I'm quite enjoying the fiasco.  So do keep it out of their hands, okay dears?"

Meanwhile, the Seraphs hadn't moved much muscle.  They needed a jump start, and so they would get it.  Two floors below the roof, Secil stepped out onto a balcony, staff and shield in either hand.  He stabbed the staff into the ground, and a loud buzz echoed throughout the crater.  From the walls surrounding, hundreds, possibly thousands of Wunder Wasps began to cascade on the tower.  Opening his arms, Secil commanded them.  "Don't come to me you flying bastards!  Kill them!  Them!" he cried, directing the wasps to the Seraphs.  The Wasps were so thick, that they formed what appeared to be a cloud of themselves storming towards the Seraphs.  And as if on que, the Crater rumbled, as a storm brewed high above.  Secil rushed foot soldiers out of the tower and onto the Crater floor.  "Go and assist, you apes!  Why are you standing there!?  I swear, one of you is going to give me a brain aneurysm!"  In his rage and frustration, Secil let loose a large bolt of lightning into the chest of a commanding officer, destroying his entire torso, and killing him.  "March!" he barked.  Swarming out of the tower, the foot soldiers formed a fifty by fifty block of twelve-hundred men defending the Thunderstorm Tower.

Seeing to the rest of the events, Secil returned to the roof, where he began to read the magical Page.  It was written in German, and spouted something about mass genocide.  A leader, crazed, lonely, but ingenious.  Targeting a race of people for blame and starting a witch hunt.  It was perfect.  "Humans are all alike.  Disgusting," he mumbled.  After examining the contents, Secil knew what his next move would be.  A public execution.  The foot soldiers gathered were not just men.  They were taken from the current live world, abducted mysteriously from their homes and enslaved to do Secil's work.  And when the Seraphs were captured, Secil would have them executed for, "terrorism".  Yes.  The cause of this war?  Freaks who could manipulate magic, summon monsters, and write words to life.  They assassinated Germany's Fuhrer.  And the world would put everyone like them on a silver platter.  Then, Secil could take Dream's place amidst the chaos, as he had been planning for some time.  But in the mean time, "make sure you take them alive.  If they die, you die.  Plain and simple.  Now.  Get off my roof," he ordered to the Titans.

And then everything seemed to go south...again. As if on some kind of imaginary queue Maxwell looked up the doom cloud of raging insects that was most likely coming to take them down. Um...um...I guess we should get started, right? He said out loud to no one in particular. He was hoping to draw more attention to the massive swarm. It was at this juncture he realized that the holy cloak and glasses would be perfect for blasting a large group of insects out of the sky. I mean if he can take out a jet he can surely take out a some bugs...right? Though to be honest don't most powers like that come with some kind of recharge time. Well the walk surely did do me good. So maybe I should get the ball rolling. 

Maxwell went outside and then he wrote three noun phrases. COPPER WIRE, BOW and ARROW. He proceeded to run into the woods and tie his copper wire around nearby trees, run back to the compound where the rest of the Seraphs were and then he waited for the combination of stormclouds and insects to get closer. Hopefully this hair-brained scheme would actually yield some results.

Archibald stretched his neck out a bit and said "I guess we shall." As Maxwell returned, A smile flew across his face before returning to a more serious demeanor. He played a 2 of Hearts, and two giants came climbing out of the card. They had the individual numbers on them, one saying #1 and the other #2. He threw his dice, impulsively. I wonder what the dice do to these behemoths... The dice roll was only a second, and landed on a double rock. The giants started to transform, becoming stone beings. Their movement wasn't slowed, their mallets became stone as well. They stood in front of him as the ultimate guards. "Okay, Giant #1--" He pointed at him, "Pick me up, I wanna see this!" Archibald told it. He picked him up and placed him on his shoulder. Archie continued, "Now, Giant #2, go on the defense. Don't strike unless they get near." He looked off into the distance, the cloud getting massive, and closer.

Rosso chuckled and clapped his hands excessively.

"Good, Good! An Objective will undoubtedly challenge us more! Also!" Rosso called out as he then began to walk forward and towards the edge of the tower. Upon reaching the very edge of the insanely high structure he knelt down and placed one hand on the ground. As I thought this can be traced, the properties aren't unusual like the structure we were previously in. Rosso then stood up straight and placed his hands firmly behind his head, he couldn't help but take a deep breath and absorb as much of the fresh oxygen as he could.

"...Attract" He stated as he then jumped from the edge of the tower and headed plunging to the ground however every 10 meters he would press a foot against the tower and force his body further down piecing the air as if he was sprinting down. This was impossible to see unless one had a super heightened sense of sight. Once Rosso had reached 3 quarters of the way down the tower he instantly disapeared as his body at a rapid pace was flung to the back of the tower. This also would require a heightened sense of sight as otherwise it looked as if his body simply vanished.

Alexandra raised an eyebrow as she watched the shirtless man leap off the ledge towards the battlefield. He really was the most eccentric of their group… Taking a moment to observe the reminder of the soldiers clear out the tower, she was struck with a brilliant idea.

Just as the last two soldiers where about to make their exists, the both men felt a black tentacle of wrap itself around their necks. Spinning around to see what horrible creature these tentacles could have possibly belonged to, they were both shocked to find a young girl standing before them. Though she was much younger then them she radiated a staggeringly imposing aura that was almost suffocating.“I have a special task for you two gentleman.” Her angelic tone held traces of amusement, but her blood red eyes seemed to be starring right through the two soldiers.

Instantly uncomfortable, the two men turned to each other. Gulping simultaneously they spoke in unison. “Yes, ma’am!”

10 Mins later…

“Stay away from me!” As the Seraphs were locked in combat with the army of fodder, they would hear the cries of a young maiden in the distance. Moments later three figures would come into view from behind one of the rock structures of the Crater. Sprinting towards the heros with all of her might, was a hauntingly beautiful young lady. Not far behind her ran two of the enemy soldiers; each had their weapons drawn, and they were gaining on her fast.

Dammit, dammit, dammit Alexandra screamed in her head as she continued to run towards her targets. She had severally underestimated the distance she had started from the battlefield and was now legitimately beginning to grow flustered. Her soft gray hair flew violently in the wind, and her white dress was beginning to pick up dust as it was kicked up from her tiny feet hitting the ground. At least I wont have to worry about being convincing…

When she had gotten within about 17 meters of the pack of Seraphs, she locked eyes with the idiotically enthusiastic card player on the stone giant. Just as a spear wizzed past her head, she screamed once more. “SOMEONE, ANYONE HELP!”

A girl approached the field. Archibald took a double take at the fact of it. That sick bastard Dream is using civilians. Anything for a great show. She was screaming like her life depended on it. He remained silent, held tighter to the giant and threw his other hand out. Almost any card can help her, and a Jack of Hearts was flying towards the field, summoning the fierce warrior. He was force to be reckon with. Jack was never played, though Archie always marveled at the card's art. The knight, donning an enchanted Armor, and a sword that deserved to be in a display case or over a mantle, looked for Archibald's orders. "Jack, welcome to hell!" Archie shouted as he was riding the Stone beast's shoulders,

"With all do respect, Sorcerer, I've been to hell. There's usually more blood.." A deep voice that came from the suit of armor. He talks...Interesting...

"This is close enough to it, I believe.." Archie said as he pointed to the damsel in distress, "That woman, save her, get her out of here, this is no place for the defenseless!" Jack nodded and ran towards his objective. Archibald kept his hand ready. Who knows who else is out there? 

Though the battle appeared to be quite exciting, Ryouta decided that he would not be very well suited to the front lines, and instead of joining the rest of the Titans, he ran along the edge of the battlefield, casually dodging stray attacks as he went. Seeing a somewhat destroyed building with three stories, he grinned, "Just what the doctor ordered!" Running up to the edge of the ruins, he jumped while continuing his stride, taking three steps up the exterior wall before pulling his knife out of his pocket. Spinning it between his fingers, he pressed the button for the blade to eject, and the mall knife quickly turned into a crowbar. Swinging the tool up and around, he hooked it on the edge of the fire escape above him. Pulling himself up, the crowbar quickly turned back into the small knife, which he held between his teeth as he pulled himself up the ladder. 

Using his jacket-covered elbow, Ryouta shattered the thrid-floor window beside him, climbing in through the opening. Glancing around the abandoned room, he found a window overlooking the battlefield before him. "Perfect. This ought to be a relaxing place to spend my evening." Grabbing a chair, he pulled it up to the window before opening it and inspecting his line of sight. Seeing one of his companions, he dropped the knife from his teeth to his hand, transforming it into a high-caliber anti-material sniper rifle. Looking through the scope, he recognized his colleague, "I really had ought to figure out this girl's name... Looks like she is setting herself up as bait..." seeing what he could only interpret to be some sort of soldier dressed up as a playing card character, "and it looks like we already have a bite..."

"Hook," Ryouta cocked the sniper rifle, loading it with its standard ammunition: heavy bullets, originally designed to take down armored vehicles in just a few shots. It ought to be more than enough for the task at hand.

"line," Ryouta lined up his target, placing Jack's center of mass at the intersection of his crosshairs, zeroing the sight so as to adjust to the slight crosswind as well as bullet fall over the given distance.

"and sinker." Ryouta pulled the trigger.

Maxwell didn't seem to know what to do next. The battlefield became hectic and riddled with enemy troops. What was worse was that they came before the storm clouds did so he didn't have time to launch his attack. So now he would have to do something on the defensive. As some of the foot soldiers were approaching he he decided to get there attention and give chase. As they closed the gap he accidentally tripped and rolled on the floor then quickly got back up again. Afterwards he decided the foot soldiers ran over the spot he fell and suddenly all of them fell downward into a hole. Maxwell turned around and looked down the hole to see the unconscious (and some dead from being impaled) soldiers and let out a slight chuckle. 

Fun fact if I write on another object what I wrote materializes on that object. So if I roll on the ground and write hole then a whole will appear on the ground. Hope you guys are okay down there. He said as he went back into combat. It seemed everyone was hard at work trying to deal with the army enemies. Maxwell made note of Archbald's contribution to the attack force, but he was worried about how much energy he would have to continue on with that. Maxwell needed to figure out another way to help somehow. He would need to do something major. That all became real clear when he heard a massive shot fired across the battlefield. Snipers! Maxwell almost went into a panic. He didn't understand what his recourse should be though. Hard to actually find and fight a sniper without them seeing you coming. 

Then the lightbulb went off in his head. While this would have clearly taken everything out of him it would be an excellent way to take advantage to having such small numbers. Maxwell ran back to Headquarters so he would have a nice place to hide for when he passes out. Here goes nothing he waved his hand in the air. SANDSTORM went into the air and the word dissolved. Soon the winds started to pick up and all of the loose gravely collected into the air and made a massive sandstorm over the battle field. The hot winds and speeding rocks should have been enough to take out the insect hoard and it should have been enough to keep the enemy busy.

That looks like its working...Maxwell spoke as he almost fell unconscious. This should be enough to by some time at least. 

Concussion Crater

Secil watched from high to the battlefield below.  He was disgusted at what he saw.  Primitive tactics, when he had expected experience warfare.  Long range sniper fire?  Card games?  Giant holes in the ground?  How irritating.  He turned an annoyed face from the wreckage below, and back to the Magical Page.  Meanwhile, his troops continued to be decimated.  It seemed the only things that appeared to be doing what he had hoped. . . were the creatures below.  Secil suddenly made an about face, a twisted smile on his face.  Perhaps if he applied just enough power, these creatures could truly be menacing.  But not yet.  There was a time and place for everything.

Down on the battlefield, troops dropped left and right, falling to the various tactics of the Seraphs.  Simple minded, straight forward soldiers who had one goal:  kill or be killed.  The Wunder Wasps that surrounded them twisted and contorted their heads rapidly, as they watched from the skies.  A pitfall caught a large number of soldiers, at least twenty, and not before the weather began to change.  The desolate landscape whipped with harsh winds and then, blinding sand.  While Secil's soldiers were now blinded, the indigenous creatures found this sandstorm to merely be a cloak.  The Thunder Storm Beetles, irritated by this sudden disturbance, sprang to life.  What appeared to be dozens of them, swooped down from cliff side at high speeds.  They curled into balls and charged at whatever they could find.  One of the few, found an unconscious member of the battle, Maxwell.  The beetled powered forward, nearly snatching the life from Mawell, barely missing as it careened into another nearby beetle.  And above, the Wunder Wasps also got into a frenzy.  Many of them dove at the soldiers below, sending a violent shock of one thousand volts of electricity from their stingers into their victims, causing them to explode.  But among the chaos in the sandstorm, perhaps the most dangerous of the land's creatures found the sandstorm to be a wonder.

Their tiny hives hidden beneath the dirt, hundreds of tiny red lights flickered at the bottom of the sandstorm.  And buzzing up, twenty Kamikaze Fireflies found themselves between Ryouta's sniper scope, and his target.  But it appeared they saw Ryouta first.  In their craze, the fireflies exploded prematurely, blinding Ryouta temporarily.  Not far below, dozens more swarmed around Alexandra, thwarting off the attempts of nearby 'rescuers', and surrounding Alexandra in a circle of death.  

Dreamscape

Dream and his daughter watched from the pages of the Tell Tale Circle.  After a sandstorm, chaos began to ensue.  Fireflies grew irritated, beetles annoyed, and wasps angered.  There was a sudden shift from one sided battle to neutral warfare.  Dream smiled, as he twirled a finger in a circle, and the Wunder Wasps danced to his delight.

Concussion Crater

The Wasps finally turned their attention.  In the middle of the sandstorm, it would be much harder to see them.  Taking their eyes away from the soldiers below, they began to group, and circle the Crater.  They were given their target, and the Wasps dove to the edge of the Crater where the Seraphs fought.  The loud buzz would be drowned by the whipping winds of the sandstorm.  There, they joined the beetles in an attempt to wipe the Seraphs in one fell swoop.

???

*Thump thump*

There it is again… 

*Thump thump*

The drums- they were deafening. Shifting his gaze around his domain, he sought out the source of the noise. He’d destroy it. After releasing a feral roar in the darkness, he returned his attention to the surface. It had to be coming from there...

*Thump Thump thump*

It was then that a wave of understanding washed over him. There were no drums. It was the pact maker- or her little heart rather.  He could sense that the adrenalin was flowing, the danger of her currently situation had struck a cord. He felt the energy flowing from her very soul… feeding him. His muscles tensed as he began to swim towards the light of the surface, a grin forming under his mask. The battle had final begun! 

Concussion Crater

The situation had gotten hectic fast, and it seemed that Alexandra had gotten herself in a bit trouble. She watched as the first batch those insects exploded, and was now suddenly surround by a second wave. “So he can even manipulate the weather… how fascinating.” The girl said to nobody in particular, as she starred blankly at her impending doom. “At least I wont be bored.” The girl remained perfectly still as the Fireflies drew near. But of course, just as they were inches from colliding with her and detonating, a massive hand shot up from her shadow. 

Swallowing the girl’s small frame in its grasp, Thanatos’s hand shielded her from the ensuing explosions before rocketing up into the air followed by the rest of his massive form. Still rising above the battlefield, Thanatos tucked Alexndra into his chest to protect her from the remainder of the explosions. Those who were trapped in the sandstorm would only see a massive shadow.

Alexandra peeked over her guardian’s gargantuan finger to survey the battlefield. It took her moment to pick out Maxwell among the chaos, but after a moment she spotted him being swarmed by more giant insects. “There you are.” She cooed. Thanatos didn’t need to be told what to do next; it was rudimentary battle tactics. If they could destroy the enemy that created the sand vial, the advantage would shift back to their favor. 

Releasing a massive roar that shook the battlefield, the God of death dived bombed Maxwell’s location. Slamming down upon two Thunderstorm beetles that had begun a second charge on the Seraph. A large cloud of dust had been kicked up from the impact, and the ground had been shattered from the massive force. "You have quite an interesting power there." Alexandra's voice called out from the dust cloud as Thanatos vanished into her shadow as swiftly as he had been summoned.

Her doll like form began to become more and more visible as she walked towards her target. "I have word for you to try..." Her tone was full amusement. Now perfectly visible to the man she let her lips curl into a smirk. Tilting her head upwards slightly, she locked her crimson gazed unto his as she let the word cut through the air. "Death."

Archived