3PlD1Dt.png

Tj0femF.png

3PlD1Dt.png

yU6nbJy.png

3PlD1Dt.png

Opening: Real World

Ending: My Dream Within a Dream

3PlD1Dt.png

“We live in a world that has already ended. The sun set a long time ago on the era of man.”

“It’s over. It’s over. It’s over. IT’S OVER. It’s all over. Nothing matters any more.”

“We’re just dragging out a meaningless existence. Humanity is just living out a slow, slow death.”

“We’re living, but humanity is already dead. We’re dead.”

“If I’m dead, why do I care any more? I just want to live out the rest of my existence carefree and in peace.”

“I’m sure the rest of the world feels that way as well.”

“Oh right. There will be a batch of new students tomorrow.”

“Yes, I wonder if they also feel this way.”

3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Premise]Based on the anime and light novel series Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita or, by its English name, Humanity Has Declined, School of the End Days takes place in a peaceful post-apocalyptic world where humanity has been reduced to only a few million in population. The roleplay is set on the campus of the last remaining school on Earth, a boarding school where children are sent to learn things like arithmetic, language arts, and other stuff that are falling out of relevance with civilization's decline.

What happened, you ask? To be put simply, human stupidity. The Third World War managed to meet everyone’s expectations and utterly surpass them, resulting in an unceasing chain of bloodshed and senseless violence. People more or less forgot what they were fighting for, the chains of command were shattered in the chaos while soldiers trudged on fighting with teeth and bone. It only stopped with the outbreak of a new deadly plague massacring billions, which people dubbed the Flood after the famous event in the bible, and the onset of various supposed natural disasters. People thought Judgement Day had come at last, but as the plague, which proved to kill its victims too quickly to spread anywhere but in heavily populated or especially filthy areas, died out, and the natural disasters stopped, there were yet millions left standing.

The tenacity of mankind had prevailed over what came to be called the Three Decades of Despair, though whether it was really three decades no one was quite sure. However, while their bodies yet lived, their spirits had been all but broken. Humanity began to decline, birth rates plummeted, soon the population were in the low millions.

People moved out of their decrepit cities into the countryside to build small villages returning to the lifestyle of the ancients, tending to crops and making a meager living.

At the same time, the Earth was recovering from the disasters that had occurred. Nature was reclaiming what was rightfully hers. With humanity’s downfall, a new race appeared to take their place in the dominance of the Earth. The New Humans, or the Fairies. Small, ten-centimeter tall elves with technology so advanced that it defies all logic and reason, and minds so alien and incomprehensible that most people have long given up trying to understand them.

This is a fun slice-of-life RP involving school life and various supernatural adventures. It is sandbox and freeform, but I will have various events taking place which you can respond to. We’ll all decide together what happens next, in a way we’re all co-hosts in this RP.[/spoiler]

3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Rules]No metagaming or powerplaying, I don’t think I’m going to have problems with godmodding in this RP, but be reasonable. This is a pretty casual, fun RP, so let’s make sure it’s fun for everyone. Be courteous to others, respect their wishes and try to take their desires into consideration.

We’ll all decide what happens next together through discussion and popular vote. I have a few plot arcs decided. If you have something you want to do, feel free to tell me.

This is an animesque RP, but chibis and other such exaggerations are not allowed as I do not believe they translate well into the written medium. Considering how this is non-serious in nature, you are allowed to poke the Fourth Wall.

I am free to make up rules on the fly and kick you out of this RP if I deem fit.[/spoiler]

3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Plot Arcs]W.I.P. will post soon. If you have ideas, feel free to tell me them.[/spoiler]

3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Database]I already basically described what happened in the world in the Premise, so it’s pretty easy to imagine what it’s like. Everyone’s living in medieval villages. There’s bits of old technology left. People tend to crops or forage the ruins. Communications have mostly broken down, there are a few telephone lines left in some places, other places might use telegraphs, some places yet have nothing. Throughout the chaos of the last century, the UN remained intact, so they are a sort of governing body, but not everyone really cares what they have to say.
[spoiler=NWO Academy]No one quite remembers what NWO stands for, though there are striking suspicions it once standed for “New World Order”. Nonetheless, there are no such conspiracies left, probably, so the school is a pretty safe place to be. It’s located on a tall hill overseeing a lake. There is also a graveyard nearby, and lots of forest. Mountains can be seen in the distance.

The Education System consists simply of 7 different classes at different levels, and, starting at the bottom, you can take a test to ascend to the next level.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fairies][spoiler=Picture]jinrui_wa_suitai_shimashita-09-fairies-m[/spoiler]
New Humans, better known as Fairies, despite being only ten centimeters tall, have the ability to spontaneously create things using their super-advanced technology, akin to magic. Their abilities defy all logic and reason, and can create time paradoxes, and other physics law-destroying phenomenon, and yet not cause cataclysmic effects in doing so. There are limits to their powers, a single Fairy is incapable of accomplishing much, and no matter how many Fairies there are, the one thing they cannot create is candy of any sort, and thus they can sometimes be coerced using sweets.

They are silly beings who only care about entertaining themselves, and often have fun mimicking humans. Death or anything other severe consequences have no bearing on them. They don’t care for knowledge, wealth or any other pursuits, only fun. None of them have names, unless they are given one by a human.

Fairies reproduce asexually when no one is looking. They will only reproduce if they are having fun. Fairies are born fully developed, capable of speech and thought, and using their magic. [/spoiler][/spoiler]

3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Application]Format it in a reasonable way. Use spoilers as necessary.
Name:
Appearance: (spoiler please, a picture with height and weight, or minimum 5 lines of description)
Personality: (spoiler please, 6 lines minimum)
Biography: (Optional, use spoiler)
Talents: (what can you do? Note, you are fully human. use spoiler)
Misc.: (anything else)[/spoiler]

3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Roster][/spoiler]

3PlD1Dt.png

3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=WIP]
3PlD1Dt.png
tYa4Wgf.png
"Is there any point in trying in this dead world?"
3PlD1Dt.png
Personal Information
3PlD1Dt.png
Name: Marianne
3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Appearance]Everything, from her name to her physical features and mannerisms, Marianne gives the appearance of a well-bred, refined lady, something that perhaps had not graced the Earth for at least half a century (although her personality far from lives up to the image). Many remark that she looks older and much more mature than she really is. She usually wears her white hair in twin braids, but otherwise it is wavy as on the left side of the picture.
V3KEIer.jpg[/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Personality][/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Biography]Marianne's is the mayor's daughter of a small town located on the former estate of some multi-billionaire. Her father, an autocratic leader obsessed with the restart of human culture and recreating the image of nobility, wanted Marianne to become a well-bred lady like her appearance suggests. However, Marianne was a problem child, and failed utterly to get along with her father, being more of a mother's child instead. More than a year and a half before the start of the RP, after a strange accident where her mother died and her hair somehow turned white, Marianne was sent to NWO Academy. Due to being in a severe depression at the time, she came off as extremely dark and reclusive, thus people ended up avoiding her and she never ended up joining a clique of friends.[/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Talents]Marianne has a great affinity for communicating with the elusive Fairies, being able to understand how they think and also being able to create various candies and sweets.

Her other skill is her deductive and logical thinking ability.[/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Miscellaneous]Theme Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR0aLlXq28I[/spoiler][/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png

[spoiler=Arthur]Name: Arthur Pendragon II
[spoiler=Appearance]jinrui_wa_suitai_shimashita-09-fairy-fun[/spoiler]
Arthur had been Marianne's sole companion after her mother's death, the little fairy having formed an uncharacteristic attachment to her.
[/spoiler]
3PlD1Dt.png

o42vAqb.png?2

"You intrigue me, I can not derive a model of you." 

Name: Φ (Phi)

[spoiler=Appearance:]

o42vAqb.png

Weight: 102 lbs

Height: 5'3''

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality:] Phi has been raised and grew into an intense curiosity of the natural world and scientific understanding of everything around her. To aid this mindset, Phi has developed a rather straightforward personality that sometimes undermines conventional social clues and hints that might go over her head. She has relatively little contact history with other humans besides her father so she tends to recognize personal space or etiquette surrounding personal questions or behavior. Phi however has an incredible aptitude towards understanding and learning the physical sciences and recognizing mathematical patterns or models as she was taught very strongly by her father. She is rather driven and displays a very excited attitude.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography:] Phi’s grandfather was a chief science officer during the war and the 3 decades. When he was still a young man, he examined his decisions and actions as bringing nothing but destruction and made changes. He moved out to the country before the bulk of the ensuing chaos and dedicated his life to using his knowledge to the improvement of humanity rather than its destruction.  His son was Phi’s father and was the first of the family to make contact with the fairies. He spent most of his life working with the fairies attempting to translate their knowledge and technology into human comprehension. Phi grew up with her father always endeavoring under this pursuit and took up his passion. Having lived so long in isolation with her family, he father decided to send to her to gain a more broad education than himself and with advise from the fairies, enrolled her in NOW Academy. Reluctant but curious, Phi decided to give it a shot and maybe gain a bit in the way of social interaction.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Talents]

Superior ability in the realm of mathematics and natural sciences.

Endless enthusiasm and inability to feel defeat towards intellectual challenges. 

Total inability to cook. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Theme/Inspiration Music]

http://youtu.be/jBDsVcIt0Mo

[/spoiler]

Okay, now I want to join this.

Or, rather, I have always been yearning for a relaxed roleplay. You should ask Desperado. I would talk to him about trying to start one several years ago, but he never supported it.

Anyway, I think I could totally do something. I just need this to not start in the next two days.

[spoiler=A few plot arc synopses]Private Access Dinner
The weekly shipment of food did not arrive. A few days later, when people finally went to investigate, it turned out that a bridge on the path between the school and nearest village has collapsed as the delivery truck was passing. It wasn’t too big of a problem because the school had provisions in case of an emergency such as these, mostly canned food, some even from the past ages. Suffice to say, it wasn’t very tasty. Marianne convince a small group of fairies to create food for the main cast. Although there is not enough for other people, hence the group ate good food in secret every night so not to inspire the jealousy of others. Unfortunately, word soon gets out about this private access dinner party.

Humanity Revival Movement
A small club started to proclaim it was time for humanity to return to glory, and the idea soon gained popularity. They planned to go directly to the UN main offices (which doesn’t happen to be too far away) and tell the UN to initiate a few projects to revitalise the human races.

The Quest for the Holy Grail
On a field trip in the forest on foraging and medicine, Arthur, and Marianne, end up leading the group away from the rest of the class. Supposedly, they are searching for the Holy Grail, a magical artifact which revive the human race and restore the former technological glory.

Doomsday Meteor
The astronomy and astrology club declared that a meteor would hit them within a week and the school is sent into a frenzy. A brand new cult-like club pops up demonstrating magical prowess and is performing a ritual that burns one’s possessions to grant them access to the afterlife.[/spoiler]

More effective for them to produce food out of nowhere. If they stop making food you can eat them as last resort. But they are quite small.

Aix! There's no time! We are going to die if we do not eat the fairies! We can't wait for them to magically 'somehow' conjure up tasty treats that can not be beat! 

Aix! There's no time! We are going to die if we do not eat the fairies! We can't wait for them to magically 'somehow' conjure up tasty treats that can not be beat!

Eat your canned beans. You aren't going to die. At least you won't if you stop being such a picky eater.

[spoiler=Kyng's App - Name Pending]dsYJ9n6.png
F*ck off.
Name: Diesel
[spoiler=Appearance:][spoiler=Reference 1]

jbWiEiS.jpg

[/spoiler][spoiler=Reference 2]

cvMRiKV.png

[/spoiler]

Diesel is a large lad, standing at 5' 10" and clocking in at 160 pounds, with rebellious red hair yet soft green hazel eyes. He is more often than not found in a scruffy school uniform. His athletic figure is lean yet with sturdy muscle span to suggest an avid gym attendee. He looks like a ruffian, and he generally attempts to keep up such a visage.[/spoiler][spoiler=Personality:]Diesel has been praised by others in regard to being detail-orientated, as well as a resolute individual. He has also known to have a "laser-like" focus if his interest and attention can be focused unto something. However, he is much more well known for being bold and aggressive. While not openly snarky and dismissive, Diesel is more than willing to retaliate to any form of pressure thrown in his general direction.

As of recently he has been instructed by a councillor to subsidise his anger either by burning it in physical exercise, or by doing the tried and failed method of counting to ten. Though it is worth mentioning his hard outlook does not imply an unwillingness to socialize - quite the opposite. Eager to change his group of friends from the band that influenced his life into ruffianism, Diesel wishes to be able to be open with others though fears that doing so will expose weakness, something he believes he cannot let come to light.[/spoiler][spoiler=Biography:][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Talents:][/spoiler]
Misc.: (anything else)[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived