Weeaboos

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

Tbh the main reason I'm looking for a college scholarship for Japan is because studying there is a surefire way to get a job in my country, and that the lifestyle there is much healthier for me, I didn't even consider anime or stuff like that.

Actually, it's better to just look for jobs there, especially if you do get a scholarship. Japan's pretty accepting to skilled foreign workers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of learning Japanese. I actually learnt quite a bit of Spoken Japanese from the various Video Games and Anime I watch. I can kind of understand what is going on too.

Favorite Japanese Phrases for me include

"Daisuki" "I Love You" Always makes me Dawwww

"Kimochi" "That feels good" (Yeah.... lol)

"Kawaii" "Cute" I don't often say this but if something is too adorable, I say it to myself.

On the subject of learning Japanese. I actually learnt quite a bit of Spoken Japanese from the various Video Games and Anime I watch. I can kind of understand what is going on too.

Favorite Japanese Phrases for me include

"Daisuki" "I Love You" Always makes me Dawwww

"Kimochi" "That feels good" (Yeah.... lol)

"Kawaii" "Cute" I don't often say this but if something is too adorable, I say it to myself.

Its 大好きな(Diasukina), you need to remember it's a na-adjective so you don't sound silly rejecting someone with wrong 大好きくない!Instead of the right, 大好きじゃない!

You know, for future reference.

My friend calls me a weeaboo, which is annoying. I like anime a lot, but I'm not that particularly obsessed with Japanese culture or anything related.

However, for people who are, I wouldn't hold it against them. Japan has some cool history and facets to their culture, especially with some of their myths and legends. My awareness of them did stem from anime, as I assume a lot of other people's, but I don't think that's something to be slandered. There's nothing wrong with taking more of an invested interest in foreign culture.

Anime in general isn't that big for adults in Japan. Except for Attack on Titan.

For some reason.

My own father liked what he saw of AoT, and I know someone else's who does as well.
Apparently people don't know what makes a good story/plot line. Or anime. 

My taste is awful but even I know AoT is terrible.

My own father liked what he saw of AoT, and I know someone else's who does as well.
Apparently people don't know what makes a good story/plot line. Or anime. 

My taste is awful but even I know AoT is terrible.

And yet I enjoyed it, so. Thanks for that....

Oh, oops.

OT: It seems from the comments, that this term suffers from something many terms nowadays suffers. Lack of solid definition.

I feel saying AoT is terrible is going a little far. I understand people saying it's overrated, but I don't see how someone could completely hate it, unless it's just not their cup of tea.

But then again, opinions.

I'm pretty sure adults watch One Piece and Detective Conan in Japan too. And probably Doraemon.

I think Kindaichi Case Files too, but not positive.

My biggest issue with AoT is that they kill characters just because they can. Over. And Over. And over. Did I mention that they killed people just because they can?

And it's really, really, really predictable.

Not to mention I can feel anything for the main characters and the background info is a bit too fuzzy.

I could rant but I'll pass.

It's okay. Lots of people like it for being fairly straightforward.

Lots of people like the fact that they're willing to kill off anyone they want.

And lots of people, including myself, like how fuzzy the backstory is, considering they keep hinting at stuff and the secrets behind everything seem interesting.

Then again, I only read the manga.

Opinions opinions.

It's okay. Lots of people like it for being fairly straightforward.

Lots of people like the fact that they're willing to kill off anyone they want.

And lots of people, including myself, like how fuzzy the backstory is, considering they keep hinting at stuff and the secrets behind everything seem interesting.

Then again, I only read the manga.

Opinions opinions.

I only read the manga. Not worth my time as an anime.

Not to mention I hate gore/stuff like that, only in television form apparently.

Fairly straight forward? As in having no actual story half the time .~.

There were parts I liked, there were. Historia's( or whoever because I suck with names) past and even her character as a whole are quite likable. But one good character (and her friend, I'll give it that) doesn't make a series good. 

The fuzzy background isn't bad, I just feel it's taking too long to be addressed. I feel it has a lot of potential but keeps getting put off, which makes a bit of sense considering the setting/nature of titans.

I prefer the spin off manga, lol.

I love books but I have very limited knowledge on GoT as a whole. I only knew it had a TV series, or rather, forgot it had a book series.

Media these days only favors TV. It's frustrating, as so much content is lost or dumbed down in translations from the book to the screen.

I rarely see a TV series/movie live up to its book form. Tis sad but be true.

Archived