Graveyard Pyrefiend

Zerovirus

Fu3MwBe.jpg

Graveyard Pyrefiend
FIRE Pyro-Type Effect Monster
1900/200
You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard during your Main Phase. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, inflict 400 damage to your opponent. When a Pyro-Type monster you control destroys or is destroyed by another monster by battle, you can add this card from the Graveyard to your hand.

Basically burn-support for Pyro-Types, as well as general Flamvell/Volcanic/Rekindling/200DEF support. Works well with Flamvell Firedog. If you can get all three into the graveyard, every battle phase where a battle happens would equal a 1200-damage burn for your opponent, which would hopefully make burn-decks more viable.

Wasting this card for just 400 damage ?  No man, make it more like 800 burn damage.  

Its effect to add itself from the Graveyard is weak.  It's a weak card.  Bro, your supporting PYROS here. Pyros SUCK... Dont' hold back, give Pyros some great card effects.  Something like: "Once per turn: When a Pyro monster you control destroys a monster by battle: Special Summon 1 Pyro-type monster from your hand or Deck."

I'm a bit loath to give this 800 burn damage, because of how much recurrence this card does. Don't forget, it's not JUST a 400-burn discard, because you can guarantee that it comes back to your hand, allowing you to set up some degenerate loops with cards that require a discard in their cost. This card also triggers on cards such as Lightning Vortex, Back To Square One, etc... and makes them all basically free because you can just get this card back in your hand on the battle phase.

The way I see this is this is basically Sinister Serpent, but requiring that you perform your Battle Phase first. Though, admittedly, the idea of a Helios Trice Megistus Turbo deck with your suggestion for the card's effect does seem tempting- but it also seems like a rather different card than this one entirely in conception, and I think I'm going to stick with the original burn-thingy.

Archived