Number 117: Infinitaur Now 2 different versions! Which do you like better?

Radiant F.U.R.Y.™

Effects are kind of long so both versions are spoilered

[spoiler=Version 1]

oHtP6t2.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]
4 or 5 Level 4 Monsters
When Special Summoned, other cards and effects cannot be activated. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Detach 1 Xyz Material from it. This card's effects cannot be negated by your opponent's Trap effects. Each time an Xyz Material(s) is detached from this card, it gains 1300 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material detached. While this card has 2 or more Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by your opponent's cards effects. Your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spell effects, Trap effects, or Quick Effects during either player's Battle Phase. During your Main Phase: You can attach 1 Level 4 monster you control to this card as a face-up Xyz Material, and if you do, inflict 1300 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish, from your Graveyard, 1 monster that was used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and was detached from it, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do that, attach all cards in your Graveyard, that were used as Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and were detached from it, to this card as face-up Xyz Materials, then detach 1 Xyz Material from it. During each player's Standby Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy 1 card you control.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Version 2]
xR7bNSd.jpg
[spoiler=Effectct]
4 or 5 Level 4 Monsters

When Special Summoned, other cards and effects cannot be activated. When this card is Special Summoned: Detach 1 Xyz Material from it. This card's effects cannot be negated by your opponent's Trap effects. Each time an Xyz Material(s) is detached from this card, it gains 1300 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material detached. While this card has 2 or more Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by your opponent's cards effects. Your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spell effects, Trap effects, or Quick Effects during either player's Battle Phase. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can attach 1 Level 4 monster you control to this card as a face-up Xyz Material, reduce the ATK of this card by 1300, and if you do, inflict 1300 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish, from your Graveyard, 1 monster that was used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and was detached from it, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do that, attach all cards in your Graveyard, that were used as Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and were detached from it, to this card as face-up Xyz Materials. During each player's Standby Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy 1 card you control.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I'm not even going to discuss this.

Xyz monsters are investments.  This card is asking for a 4-5 monster investment?

It takes a while for it's attack to reach a decent level.

It has no protection against Bottomless Trap Hole or Compulsory Evacuation Device (almost every Deck uses both).  Or Breakthrough Skill, or Fiendish Chain.

You need to give this guy WAY more protection or lower the cost to Summon him.  I'd be willing to make him if he only costed 3 monsters.  4 is much harder to make then 3.   

It's effect to Special Summon itself can miss timing too... which only makes it easier to permanently solve this card as a problem.

Fixed

Skill Drain, Fiendish, Breakthrough, Compulsory, and Bottomless can no longer touch it. Gains attack faster. Made banish material eff mandatory so it cant miss timing. I think Gravekeepers wouldnt be too worried about this guy; but other than that, it seems a bit OP to me now. I'd really appreciate further CnC to improve him.

...maybe if I added a "can not attack your opponent directly if it has no Xyz Materials"

Bottomless and Compulsory still kills it lol.  You did however make it immune to Fiendish Chain and BTS, which I can already strongly appreciate.  You made the effect to Re-Summon him from the Graveyard mandatory.  Awesome, now he can't miss timing.  He's actually looking like a really good card right now.  But I think he needs just a little more protection.  "Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects" or "Cannot be targeted by battle or  by card effects" instead of just "Cannot be destroyed by battle." 

Returning him to the Extra Deck and Banishing him still kills him.  Remember I invested 4 or 5 monsters into this guy!  I'd be so damn salty if my opponent flipped a Bottomless or Compulsory and that's the end of that.  If anything, I recommend "Cannot be targeted by battle or by card effects" so that that once I summon him I know I'm safe (since Compulsory can be used at any time, not just when he is Summoned).  

Take a look at No. 86.  He can't die by battle, is unaffected by cards and effects, and has a bunch of other neat effects.  Of course yours is supposed to be a little worse than him since he specifically requires Warriors.

Honor Ark and Castel still Kill him (Although you'll get him back, with no materials >__>, once Honor Ark either dies or uses it's effect to protect himself).  But still, Castel is a Rank 4 answer, a card like this shouldn't have answers from Rank 4s.  So I strongly recommend anti-targetting protection.  

EDIT: NVM, You can't revive him after he was Honor Ark'd, he lost all his materials.

when He comes out, he's at zero atk because "?" atk has no value. He doesn't gain atk until he detaches. So im sincerely lost as to how bottomless hits this guy. Id appreciate if you could explain that part.

Its self-reviving eff triggers when sent to grave and doesnt specify that materials were attached when it was sent...just that they were attached, so even if Ark'ed, it should still come back. If I'm wrong, let me know. I really want him to get around ark

I see what you mean by Number 86's bad-assery...I'll definitely take that into consideration. Im going to tinker a bit with the effect and see what I can come up with... :D

EDIT: Beefed it up a bit. Effect veiler hates this card now (i think). Broadened it's on-summon eff from, "The Special Summon of this card can not be negated..." to, "Cards and effects can not be activated in response to the Special Summon of this card..."

Also improved protection and gave it the ability to attach a monster to gain ability to attack directly which seems balanced at first, but beefs it up on revives

i feel like the infinity part of its name is becoming more justified. But I don't want it to become too OP...

when He comes out, he's at zero atk because "?" atk has no value. He doesn't gain atk until he detaches. So im sincerely lost as to how bottomless hits this guy. Id appreciate if you could explain that part.

Its self-reviving eff triggers when sent to grave and doesnt specify that materials were attached when it was sent...just that they were attached, so even if Ark'ed, it should still come back. If I'm wrong, let me know. I really want him to get around ark

I see what you mean by Number 86's bad-assery...I'll definitely take that into consideration. Im going to tinker a bit with the effect and see what I can come up with... :D

Oh Derp, my bad you are right.  Yeah sorry, Bottomless can't hit him.  Pretend like I did not say that.

"that was attached to this card as an Xyz Material"  If he gets Honor Ark'd he'll be treated as having no Xyz materials when being sent to the Graveyard.

To get around Honor Ark this text should work: "When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish 1 monster from your Graveyard that was used as an Xyz material for the Xyz Summon of this "Number 117: Infinitaur", Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, attach all cards in your Graveyard to this card that had been attached to this card as Xyz Materials as face-up Xyz materials."  This will allow you to Special Summon him even if he gets Ark'd, although he'd be Summoned without Materials, but he could keep reviving himself until he banishes all his original materials.  But I'd recommend the following text: "When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish 1 monster from your Graveyard that was used as an Xyz material for the Xyz Summon of "Number 117: Infinitaur", Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, attach all cards in your Graveyard to this card that were used as Xyz materials for the Xyz Summon of "Number 117: Infinitaur" as face-up Xyz materials."  This means he'll be Summoned every time from the Graveyard but he'll grab all his materials again.  So your opponent would have to theoretically kill him 5 times to dispose of him permanently.  

That's the only way I can think of it that you can word it so that he can get over an annoying Honor Ark.  I'm not sure if this is what you were originally trying to implement or not.  Keep in mind that the way I worded it also means that if your opponent does in fact bounce your Infinitaur, if you summon a second copy you'll get to work with the Xyz materials of the previous Infinitaur, since they too were used for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur."  I think it's a good way to counter Compulsory (make the second copy Summoned even more powerful).

Sorry if I made mistakes, it's really hard to word your card, normally I take older Yu-Gi-Oh! cards as templates but yours is so original I couldn't find any card to base it off.

EDIT: Still loses to Castel though.  Bouncing effects are really nasty against Xyz.  I guess you can choose to let bouncing effects punish you, but keep in mind many players would be weary to use him at all since almost any Deck can make a Castel.

Sorry if I made mistakes, it's really hard to word your card, normally I take older Yu-Gi-Oh! cards as templates but yours is so original I couldn't find any card to base it off.

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

Also I like your re-wording of his revival eff...Im implementing that now.

New version will hopefully be up by the time you read this and refresh the page

Okay, now I see the new an improved one.  This is actually great.  I love it.  

"This card is not affected by your opponent's cards or effects while it has 2 or more Xyz Materials." 

Is the kind of protection I wanted to see.

"When Xyz Summoned; detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. "  This card cannot activate because "Cards and effects can not be activated in response to the Special Summon of this card." stops it lol.  So "Cards and effects, except Infintaur, cannot be activated in response to the Special Summon of this card." would make more sense.

Hey I actually think the attacking Directly is a bit OP.  B/c he attaches already has 1300-2600 attack (at bare minimum) and is unaffected by everything.  He might actually be a bit too good now.  He's ridiculously hard to get rid of with his protection and effect to keep attaching.

Think about it.  He'll never have less than 2 materials if all you have to do is Normal Summon a Level 4 and attach.  And since he's unaffected by just about everything, your opponent can't really even do anything to this guy.  Actually he's pretty much invincible now... :O  
Even if they kill him by battle he'll come back.  Somehow restrict his effect to reattach cards, make it once while he's on the field (which means when he's revived he's free to do it again).  Otherwise he'll be on the field until he pretty much wins the game for you.  And with his attack growing at 1300 each turn, won't be long.

I also might nerf it a little bit and have it detach during opp standby phase instead of both players...not sure

thoughts?

I also might nerf it a little bit and have it detach during opp standby phase instead of both players...not sure

thoughts?

NO!  That would make him way too good.  I think one last restriction you should give him is either have at least 3 Materails or don't give him the option of destroying instead of detaching.  B/c any smart player would just keep destroying something else.  Just set a Spell/Trap card and destroy it, or a monster.  Giving him both destruction option instead of detaching with the addition of a re-attaching, and that you need only 2, effect gives him way too much time on the field as unaffected by everything.

A player with a good amount of skill and practice could make this current version banworthy, In my opinion.

So recommendation, pick at least one:
Limit re-attach to once while on field

Force a detach and not allow destruction effect

Need at least 3 materials for the immunity

You don't want to detach too often with this guy.  Just 3 detachs is more then you'll ever need.  Hell, even 2 is enough.  After that players would just hang on the the last material needed for the immunity.

Hey I actually think the attacking Directly is a bit OP.  B/c he attaches already has 1300-2600 attack (at bare minimum) and is unaffected by everything.  He might actually be a bit too good now.  He's ridiculously hard to get rid of with his protection and effect to keep attaching.

i agree with you on that one...so "once only, while you control this face-up card"

how about attach material to inflict x amount of damage instead of attacking directly? say, maybe 800?

"When Xyz Summoned; detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. "  This card cannot activate because "Cards and effects can not be activated in response to the Special Summon of this card." stops it lol.  So "Cards and effects, except Infintaur, cannot be activated in response to the Special Summon of this card." would make more sense.

I think it would still work, because the detach isnt in response to the summon...if im wrong tho, i can change it. 

i agree with you on that one...so "once only, while you control this face-up card"

how about attach material to inflict x amount of damage instead of attacking directly? say, maybe 800?

I think we are communicating out of sync

my last post was to the one i qouted you in and the nerfing was in response to the last one you said bottomless still kills it

Yeah I think we were communicating out of Synch.

Anyways, changing attacking directly to dealing damage is actually a great way to balance this out.  But you still have to make the attach to this card once while it's on the field.  B/c the attaching part, even though it's a cost... It's desirable.  Like "Charge of the Light Brigade".  It's a LS card that searches LS at the "cost" of milling three cards.  If you decide to deal effect damage, make it 1300, keep it consistent.  

"When Xyz Summoned; detach 1 Xyz Material from this card."  Is in response to it's Summon.  Cards like Torrential read: "When a monster is Summoned" and they are treated as activating in response to a Summon.  He activates in response to the Xyz Summon of Himself.  

agreed on all points

what about reducing atk gain and increasing burn so both are at 1200?

Yeah, it's your choice really.  1200 is a cleaner number.  Players would look at 1300 and be all like... "dafuq, where he pull this number from?"  It would significantly weaken the card since 2600 is a WHOLE lot better than 2400.  Nerf isn't necessary IMO, cards created now adays aren't 100% balanced, and I'd like the card a whole lot more at 1300 boost.

2600 may not seem that much better than 2400... but there are so many monsters at 2400 and 2500 ATK that you will lose games b/c of this change.  Keep this in mind.

I'm not the best PSCT writer, but I've had a lot of practice:
[color=rgb(90,90,90)][font=tahoma][size=3]
4 or 5 Level 4 Monsters[/size][/font][/color][color=rgb(90,90,90)][font=tahoma][size=3]
Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the Special Summon of this card. This card's effect's activation and effects cannot be negated by Trap Cards and effects activated by your opponent. While this card has 2 or more Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by Cards and effects activated by your opponent. During the Battle Phase, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects whose Spell Speed is above Spell Speed 2. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. When an Xyz Material(s) is detached from this card: This card gains 1300 ATK. During Your Main Phase: You can attach 1 Level 4 monster you control to this card as a face-up Xyz material; Inflict 1300 damage to your opponent. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field, and cannot attack during the turn you used this effect. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish 1 monster from your Graveyard that was used as an Xyz material for the Xyz Summon of "Number 117: Infinitaur", Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, attach all cards in your Graveyard to this card that were used as Xyz materials for the Xyz Summon of "Number 117: Infinitaur" as face-up Xyz materials, then detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. During each player's Standby Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy 1 card you control. [/size][/font][/color]

As of now, I think it's perfect. I'd definitely use it in Satellars.

the way you worded it, it isnt protected from spell speed 2 during the main phase and it doesnt lose atk from attaching...was that intentional?

Your monster isn't protected from Spell Speed 2 or 3 cards during the Main Phase either, you put only in the BP.  Besides, it has this: "While this card has 2 or more Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by Cards and effects activated by your opponent."  

And your wording doesn't lose attack from attaching either?

the way you worded it, it isnt protected from spell speed 2 during the battle phase and it doesnt lose atk from attaching...was that intentional?

Yes I did: "During the Battle Phase, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects whose Spell Speed is above Spell Speed 2. "

I'm not the best PSCT writer, but I've had a lot of practice:

4 or 5 Level 4 Monsters
Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the Special Summon of this card.   This card's effect's activation and effects cannot be negated by Trap Cards and effects activated by your opponent.  While this card has 2 or more Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by Cards and effects activated by your opponent.  During the Battle Phase, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects whose Spell Speed is above Spell Speed 2.  When this card is Xyz Summoned: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.  When an Xyz Material(s) is detached from this card: This card gains 1300 ATK.  During Your Main Phase: You can attach 1 Level 4 monster you control to this card as a face-up Xyz material; Inflict 1300 damage to your opponent.  This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field, and cannot attack during the turn you used this effect.  When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish 1 monster from your Graveyard that was used as an Xyz material for the Xyz Summon of "Number 117: Infinitaur", Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do, attach all cards in your Graveyard to this card that were used as Xyz materials for the Xyz Summon of "Number 117: Infinitaur" as face-up Xyz materials, then detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.  During each player's Standby Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy 1 card you control. 

ew. Bad PSCT.

Here:

Number 117: Infinitaur
Rank 4/LIGHT/Beast-Warrior/Xyz/Effect
ATK/? DEF/?
4 or 5 Level 4 Monsters
When Special Summoned, other cards and effects cannot be activated. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Detach 1 Xyz Material from it. This card's effects cannot be negated by your opponent's Trap effects. Each time an Xyz Material(s) is detached from this card, it gains 1300 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material detached. While this card has 2 or more Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by your opponent's cards effects. Your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spell effects, Trap effects, or Quick Effects during either player's Battle Phase. During your Main Phase: You can attach 1 Level 4 monster you control to this card as a face-up Xyz Material, and if you do, inflict 1300 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish, from your Graveyard, 1 monster that was used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and was detached from it, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do that, attach all cards in your Graveyard, that were used as Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and were detached from it, to this card as face-up Xyz Materials, then detach 1 Xyz Material from it. During each player's Standby Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy 1 card you control.

Today is your lucky day.  "Lightning Laxus" doesn't ever go outside to enjoy fresh air.  Nope, sir all he does is sit at home and study PSCT, he doesn't even go to school.  Haha just kidding.

But yeah, LL's wording is elite, the way he worded it is exactly how Konami would.  He is the best writer I know, so I recommend taking his wording.

EDIT: Notice he put "Other cards and effects cannot be activated."  OTHER, otherwise, the Xyz's effect would stop his own effect. XD

oh...i see...i meant for it to lose atk when reattaching monsters...hrmm...idk how to fix that...

If you do that then making it once per turn while it's on the field wouldn't be necessary lol.  If it loses ATK, assuming you mean 1300 ATK, it would actually be balanced if you let it do that once per turn, or even multiple times per turn IMO.

ew. Bad PSCT.

Here:

Number 117: Infinitaur
Rank 4/LIGHT/Beast-Warrior/Xyz/Effect
ATK/? DEF/?
4 or 5 Level 4 Monsters
When Special Summoned, other cards and effects cannot be activated. When this card is Xyz Summoned: Detach 1 Xyz Material from it. This card's effects cannot be negated by your opponent's Trap effects. Each time an Xyz Material(s) is detached from this card, it gains 1300 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material detached. While this card has 2 or more Xyz Materials, it is unaffected by your opponent's cards effects. Your opponent cannot activate Quick-Play Spell effects, Trap effects, or Quick Effects during either player's Battle Phase. During your Main Phase: You can attach 1 Level 4 monster you control to this card as a face-up Xyz Material, and if you do, inflict 1300 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Banish, from your Graveyard, 1 monster that was used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and was detached from it, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard, and if you do that, attach all cards in your Graveyard, that were used as Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon of a "Number 117: Infinitaur" and were detached from it, to this card as face-up Xyz Materials, then detach 1 Xyz Material from it. During each player's Standby Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card or destroy 1 card you control.

Thanks @Lightning Laxus

I really appreciate the help. I didnt notice your reply last night...i was really tired. I was just wondering about the clause you added that says "and detached from it." Is that needed? I ask because I was wanting the effects to still work if he was sent to grave with material. Or would that be OP? In the meantime, I think I will go ahead and update with your wording tho. Again, thanks for your help.

PS

Might sound like a noob-ish question, but, What is PSCT? The way you use it sounds like OCG to me...just curious

Archived