Draithus, Supreme Dragon Ruler

clarktlin

[attachment=42430:Draithus, Supreme Dragon Ruler.jpg]

4 Level 7 DRAGON monsters
This card's effect can not be activated if it has no XYZ Material. When this card is summoned, it becomes unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end phase of this turn. You can detach 4 XYZ Material from this card: Destroy all cards your opponent controls, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Pretty much a Boss monster for Dragon Rulers; not completely broken and overplayed after the hard nerfs. I tried a theme of all elements amassing into shadows, didn't want any "combo" divine archetype. 

It's really your one turn win if a game lasts long enough for you to dump all Dragon Rulers in the grave and amass enough Dragons in your grave/hand to special summon them.

Pretty balanced as you would need to all FOUR Dragon Rulers on the field at the same time. (There aren't really any other viable Level 7 DRAGON monsters) Can also be stopped by Solemn Warning.

First post! Let me know your thoughts/suggestions below, I'm all ears!
(Artwork: Deathwing from WoW; Artist: Unkown)

UPDATE:

[attachment=42431:Draithus, Supreme Dragon Ruler.jpg]

2 or more (max. 4) Level 7 DRAGON monsters
This card's attack and defense become the original number of XYZ materials used to summon this card x 1200. This card gains the following effects based on the type of XYZ Materials attached to it. 
o Fire: Detach 1 FIRE monster; target one card on the field, destroy that target.
o Water: Detach 1 WATER monster; Send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
o Wind: Detach 1 WIND monster; Add 1 Dragon-type monster from your Deck to your hand.
o Earth: Detach 1 EARTH monster; Target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

Actually, by the way your protection effect is worded, it activates (like Powered Inzektron), which means that it will also die to Bottomless Trap Hole and Compulsory Evacuation Device being chained to the effect. Your restriction also hints that it activates. This means that it will only protect it from a lot less amount of threats than you think, the only ones of note being Dimensional Prison and Mirror Force (which would die due to this card's effect if not negated). You can fix this by saying that it is unaffected by card effects during the turn that it is Summoned (worded more like I just did so it won't activated), and tack on a clause like Tiras has about its effects only applying if it has Xyz Materials.

Now, for the card, it is usually much better for you to make a card that doesn't require an incredible amount of effort to Summon it. You need all four Dragon Rulers, which means that you need eight other Dragons in your hand/Grave. That's easy enough, right? Well, you also have to refrain from moving these Dragons until you have all eight ready to go; on the other hand it's easier to just spit out a Dracossack/Big Eye. In fact, since you need all four Dragon Rulers to make this this, this rules out the possibility of you making the Xyz by reviving a monster with Redox and then banishing two for the second Xyz Material. Plus, you need all four Dragon Rulers to be in your hand/Graveyard, so one sitting in your Deck totally ruins the chance of making this. This makes the card win-moar, as you need to go through so many things just to enable it to be played.

Then there's the effect, which is a one-sided field-nuke with burn damage to boot. Yes, protection from effect destruction has recently been on the rise, but it is still intentionally designed to win you the game by itself pretty much. It's such a powerful effect that you yourself decided that you need four Dragons to Xyz Summon it. It's a powerful effect for a lot of commitment, which basically boils the card down to either being not worth the effort or still OP, and in either case it's still usually win-moar because you need to build up your Grave so much.

To fix this, just decrease the number of monsters you need to Xyz Summon it. Since it is supposed to be a combination of all four Dragon Rulers or something, you could actually make it like #86: could be Summoned with two monsters, or three, or more, and then you can add effects to it depending on how many Xyz Materials it had, with 4 having the ultimate effect.

Thanks for the advice!

1) Yea I meant to word it so it wouldn't be destroyed by bottomless or bounced by compuls.

2) It was designed to be a "Last stand" kind of card; more a "if you can" than go for it, however I do see your point on how that wouldn't be as competitive with Big Eye and Draccosack being much more viable options.

3) I liked the nuke Idea, I would like to keep the theme of this card serving essentially as a "Last stand" card or final boss weapon. I think I could tweak the effect to destroy only monsters as it's effect protects itself from back-row anyway. Thoughts on that?
4) I also like your idea of mirroring #86's effect, but I still wanted to make it so you needed all 4 dragon rulers to create it. 

5) High risk high reward! If you dump all 4 dragons to make them and get solemened you essentially lose.

What do you think of these changes/edits?
I'd love to know your opinions, thanks for your time!

"A Bloo Character" made some Golden tips for you bro, Strongly advise listening.

Do not post in this thread unless you actually contribute your own thoughts on the matter, and not just to tell TC to listen to another member.

One thing that I'm going to say is that the stats of this card do need to be toned down considerably.

Even with the specific materials (and there are some other ways to make Level 7 Dragons, though somewhat inconsistent and gimmicky so won't elaborate on), 48/45 is flat-out outrageous. Lower it to 3300-3500 or something. Probably should mention that you could just use RUM over C5 or something, and not need to bring out the main Rulers, but it's situational at best, so will not elaborate on it.

As for the effect, it's basically a one-shot field wipe that requires a lot of grave build-up and more or less is a winmoar card. On average, this card would probably deal around 2-3k worth of damage; and more or less will be enough for this card to attack/win game. ABC already summed it up nicely.

Thanks! I guess this TYPE of card isn't really going to ever be seen in competitive play. Shoulda remembered why Envoy of the End got banned.

Also is 4800/4500 really that crazy? I mean with the seventh one you can get out a 4500 for free in one turn.

Do not post in this thread unless you actually contribute your own thoughts on the matter, and not just to tell TC to listen to another member.

One thing that I'm going to say is that the stats of this card do need to be toned down considerably.

Even with the specific materials (and there are some other ways to make Level 7 Dragons, though somewhat inconsistent and gimmicky so won't elaborate on), 48/45 is flat-out outrageous. Lower it to 3300-3500 or something. Probably should mention that you could just use RUM over C5 or something, and not need to bring out the main Rulers, but it's situational at best, so will not elaborate on it.

As for the effect, it's basically a one-shot field wipe that requires a lot of grave build-up and more or less is a winmoar card. On average, this card would probably deal around 2-3k worth of damage; and more or less will be enough for this card to attack/win game. ABC already summed it up nicely.

Archived