Ultimate Power Surge [Spell]

Oriannis

Ultimate Power Surge

Jdq07xx.jpg

While this card is on the field, increase the Level/Rank of all monsters on your side of the field by 1. During each of your Opponents standby phases, your opponent can draw 1 card.

Well this certainly spices up XYZ and Synchro Plays, but at what cost?

As always OCG and general feedback are very welcome. 

This card, I'm sorry, is not good for Synchro's because of it's forced level up 24/7 it becomes harder fo use the Synchros you casually use. But at the same time, you get out higher level monsters quicker. It also goes similarly for Xyzs. So overall... the card is has it's ups and downs. I mean... my Synchro Deck on DN already has a full Extra Deck... I know I can't make room for this card. I don't know if that possible draw for opponent is needed. Food for thought I supose.

I like the idea of this card, and I think the design is ok, but i think the optional extra draw you're giving your opponent may make this card impractical. I would suggest altering or completely changing that part of the effect. The OCG needs a bit of tweaking, as well, but the card as a whole is ok. Without changing the effect, here is how, I believe, this card should be worded:

Increase the Level/Rank of all face-up monsters you control by 1. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases, your opponent can draw 1 card.

One suggestion for changing this effect (minimally):

Increase the Level/Rank of all face-up monsters you control by 1. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases, your opponent can send 1 card from their hand to the Graveyard; draw 1 card.

This change keeps the extra draw optional but adds a cost to use it. Still seems a bit abuse-able for opponent, given the current meta, tho. Id wait for input from other more-experienced users before making any changes, but i think, with the right adjustments, this could be a great card

I like the idea of this card, and I think the design is ok, but i think the optional extra draw you're giving your opponent may make this card impractical. I would suggest altering or completely changing that part of the effect. The OCG needs a bit of tweaking, as well, but the card as a whole is ok. Without changing the effect, here is how, I believe, this card should be worded:

Increase the Level/Rank of all face-up monsters you control by 1. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases, your opponent can draw 1 card.

One suggestion for changing this effect (minimally):

Increase the Level/Rank of all face-up monsters you control by 1. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases, your opponent can send 1 card from their hand to the Graveyard; draw 1 card.

This change keeps the extra draw optional but adds a cost to use it. Still seems a bit abuse-able for opponent, given the current meta, tho. Id wait for input from other more-experienced users before making any changes, but i think, with the right adjustments, this could be a great card

I see what you mean about having a cost to the opponent and it is a good idea but I am going to have to think it over. I can see this card causing A LOT of power plays in both XYZ and Synchro oriented decks. I shall consider it unless anyone else thinks its a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback!

I can't think of a Deck that would benefit much from using this. 

The first effect is not very useful. Obviously this would work for a Rank 3/4 Deck so they can get out a Rank 4/5s, but they would have to sacrifice Extra Deck space to even run this. Not many Decks have that luxury anymore, maybe some did in 2011/2012 but there's too many staples/better options now.

Having it make your opponent Draw 1 doesn't seem necessary as it's effect doesn't seem powerful enough to warrant a drawback.

You could completely flip this card by making your opponent's monsters be increased instead of yours, like a Stygian Dirge except a spell with a drawback. 

Archived